OOC For April's Fool - Quest for Center Earth

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby The_Fool » Fri May 21, 2004 1:36 am

My attempt to get back into the game :roll:

Not long, but it serves its purpose, and leaves plenty of room for the posters involved to play in :P
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Fri May 21, 2004 12:31 pm

"Waaaahhhhh hahahahahahaha . . . haaaaa hahahaha . . ."

picks herself up off the floor

Okay, sorry. But the mental image of the Fool playing a wounded King with a Paul Bunyan-esque physical presence, and Herger doing ANYTHING "weakly" just tickles my funny bone something awful. much loud applause

Oh Bravo Fool!! Bravo Herger!! You two played wonderfully off Neinjah's post . . . hmmmm. . . blinking owlishly eh?

pokes the muse Well?? You failed miserably with the smell of fried fish in the other thread, what can you do with an owlish blink or two? Hmmm??? What's that? Don't bother you now? It's what? I should be what???!!!

Oh, working. Right. But it's Friday and later, you better have something or I'll . . I'll . . . well, I'll think of something . . .

shrugs Don't worry folks, it's the weekend soon. I'll get something out of her . . . ;)=:)

:D:D:D

PS: I guess this means tracking down the Fool and offing him quick is out?

Okay! Okay!! just askin' . . .

leaves grumbling under her breath
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby The_Fool » Sat May 22, 2004 11:40 pm

SilverScribe wrote:I guess this means tracking down the Fool and offing him quick is out?

Okay! Okay!! just askin' . . .

leaves grumbling under her breath

Scribbles, you wound me. I'm not all THAT bad am I?

Gives a suitably dejected puppydog look

On the up side, I enjoyed your post :P And the hankerchief? How very Othello of you Scribbles. :wink:
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Mon May 24, 2004 4:51 pm

Nah, you're not that bad at all, it's just that old habits die hard. ;):P

I'm so enjoying all the hilarious intrigue. I can't wait until everyone is finally all in the same place, plotting and playing off one another.

LOL. This is one wedding that it will take a miracle to pull off, what with this delightfully demented crew . . .

:D:D
SilverScribe

Postby elengil » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:21 am

THAAAAAAAT'S RIGHT.. it's that time again.. Time to once again try to pull that miracle off ;)

=:)

So strap on your "who the heck am I?" hats and lets kick this pig into high gear! :D

Link to RP -> April's Fool
elengil
Ranger of the North

Postby Frelga » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:03 am

Oh, oh, do it, please do it!

* sits back in joyful anticipation *
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:25 pm

Even though I have a brutally busy weekend ahead of me . . .

erm, who's up to bat?

SilverScribe

Postby Impenitent » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:21 pm

*Puts up hand with trepidation*

I'd like to pick up...but I also should caution co-writers that I have been unable to write for about 6 months now. It's almost physical - the words won't come. :(

I'll try. My intentions are good. I will go there right now and read what we've got (some of the details have gotten hazy :oops: )

Oh...and :hug: for everybody. :D This was such fun! It's a tickle to see it reiincarnating.
Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_Fool » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:11 pm

Ah thank Eru, Impenitent, someone's going to take that bat up. If you hadn't I'm afraid I would have volunteered and then we'd all have had to wait a couple of days before my Aussie relatives flew back home :P

I will try and get something up in the next few days however, come rain or shine :D
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:21 pm

Oh, I can't tell you how happy it made me to see Impenitent/Nienjah post in here!!

I think your posts made me fall out of my chair every time, your character is absolutely one of my all time faves (no offense dear, kingly Fool ;) ) and it just wouldn't be Aprils Fool without her . . .er you . . . er you know what I mean!

I've had a brutally busy weekend, but I'll certainly be watching for posts to stimulate the muse's old brain cells this week . . .

SilverScribe

Postby Cerridwen » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:17 pm

After catching up with the action I have concluded two things:
I will have to check my muse into a rehab center, or,
I will have to check myself into one.

Not that this is serious anyway, but have you got room for a featherbrained, kleptomaniac dragon with narcolepsy? :D She'd just randomly flit around, snatching shiny things out of thin air, flit some more, and drop like a stone. No real harm done...

And it's almost too much to hope, but is there room for a Queen Mum around here? With a pet dragon who thinks she's a parrot?

If not, it isn't as though you lunatics need any help with this. :P
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Herger » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:35 pm

Hey Cerri :)

Well, this is the place, April's Fool, where your character gets turned inside out, upside down and just generally messed all about.

The only rule is you have to sufficiently be *not* yourself :D

So lets see... your character is quite sociable, pretty and skilled... sooooo I guess that means here you'd have to be a sour old ugly crone =:) *snerk* oh and a hermit that never leaves her home (as opposed to a wandering gypsy with a love for the open road and traveling with many friends and family) :lol:

Then again you could be a dragon with a tiny little human that hangs out on her shoulder and acts all nasty LOL
Herger
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cerridwen » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:39 pm

The dragon-human switch has been done, and I cannot hope for a better job at it than Hue did.

What Cerri isn't is meddlesome, and what that dragon isn't is inept. The narcolepsy was tossed in there for interest, and no wedding is complete without a meddling mother-in-law. :D
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Herger » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:23 pm

Cerridwen wrote:no wedding is complete without a meddling mother-in-law. :D

Well, just be careful about meddling in the affairs of Fool, he's not really that subtle and he's very quick to have people sacked. =:)
Herger
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cerridwen » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:49 pm

I think he's only interested in sacking you, Oh Chased One. :D =:)
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_Fool » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:12 pm

You're both sacked :P
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Cerridwen » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:05 am

:shock:
I am not that kind of girl!

It means something different where I come from.
Barely... restrains... swoon-impulse

EDIT: You have your army, if you want her. Thanks for the hook. :D
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:08 am

falls off chair, gasping for breath

Oh have mercy on a poor, sleep-deprived Scribe!!!

picks herself up off the floor and does a rousing, one-woman standing ovation

Oh Bravo! Neatly done all 'round, I must say and welcome aboard our Madness and Mayhem Express, Cerri. A meddlesome, half mad mother-in-law, who has dabbled in the dark arts? Bwah hahahahahahaha!!! Oh . . . gags on coffee yet again *cough*hack*cough*gurgle* . . . I can hardly wait!!

Although . . . . glares at Foolish with a "call me 'your woman' again and I'll eat you for breakfast" look . . . if this wasn't April's Fool, you'd be a dead Fool . . . but you already know that, and I did promise not to kill you in this RP, since it's all in good fun . . . and erm, I think I'd watch how you bandy about all that sacking stuff, the Romans might take offense y'know, not to mention the Trojans and I don't know who all else who's been mightily sacked in their day . . . :P

Ahem. Okay, on with the show!!

swats the muse . . . Pipe down for heaven's sake, I'm at work!!! Gaaahhhh, muses . . .

SilverScribe

Postby elengil » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:33 am

Cerri darling... lol That was a rather interesting introduction to your little battle axe of a gold-digging queen mum...

Might I ask an indulgace as you've managed to hit on my one little pet peeve when it comes to RP..., por favor, let me write my character? I'm sorry, that's just the one thing that really bothers me. I mean I know that we all have to write in a response or reaction or two when we're writing up our post. I mean yah, we've all done it and usually they'll end up in an edit or two anyway...

I think your post is excellent, I just really hadn't planned on moving on from where Fin had left off yet. Your post is fine when written about your character and from your perspective but that's not where Herger was gonna go yet. So leave all the stuff about your character (I sure hope this doens't sour you :( ) if you could just edit out the bit about Herger. :)

But it looks as if we at least have one member of the army ready to go! Never had a queen mum with military service before :D *party* is underway once again!

So lets go y'all, if you want to be in the army, it's time for the new recruits to be ... recruited. =:) and beware the... :whistle:
elengil
Ranger of the North

Postby Cerridwen » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:58 am

Darlin', don't ever be shy about asking for an edit. I've never taken it personally, and I don't mean to start now.

Tell you what, as I can't dive in there at the moment and tweak it the way I'm thinking you want it tweaked, go on and take the action from where Foolish left off. I'll stick the intro elsewhere, later.
Email me. :D

Love,
Cerri
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:29 pm

Okay, in for a penny, in for a pound. Or whatever.

I just realized that I didn't leave a hook worth fishing for, unless elengil wants to have Val punt the Scribe out on her scheming little bottom . . .

The muse is just soooooooo rusty at this one. ;) I'll make her do better on the next one, honest . . .

:D:D
SilverScribe

Postby Orodben » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:16 pm

I hate to intrude on all this greatness, but Elengil encouraged me.

Every wedding needs a good hairstylist. How about a very stylish hairdresser who dreams of becoming an entertainer, but is hopelessly tone-deaf? He's very nice, loves talking to women, is amazing with hair, and has great fashion sense too. He also has a pet cat who's a holy terror, and an irrational fear of dragons. He's one of those people that can't tell when others are annoyed with them, especially when he sings. Presenting... Anti-Orodben!

The new incarnation of Orodben steps out, stylishly attired in faded jeans, a tie as a belt, and a hot pink t-shirt reading "I :heart: Mordor". The old incarnation, in his dirty ranger's tunic as usual, glares at Elti.
"He's an abomination! And he has a cat? Why are you doing this to me!"
Elti shrugs. "Would you rather one of your sisters be the palace floozy?"
The ranger glowers, and walks off to comfort himself with his homebrew. "I hope Scribbles kills you for wanting to touch her hair."

So, can I play? Free "stuff" for everyone ;)

ETA: This is Elti. I felt my male character deserved his own id :D
Orodben
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Herger » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:49 pm

Herger shuffled a few papers on his desk, then hollared "NEXT."

He didn't even look up when he heard the next victim shuffle up.

"Name?" he said curtly, grabbing the form and a pen.

"Orodben."

Herger shook the pen, clearly annoyed. At last he tossed it in the trash and grabbed another.

"Name?" he repeated.

"I told you."

"Tell me again," he grated.

"Orodben."

"Spell it."

"it's spelled like it sounds."

Herger looked up with an icy glare. "Humour me," he said flatly, supressing a cringe at the pink shirt.

"O-R-O-D-B-E-N."

"Skills?"

"Hair dresser."

"I'm serious."

"So am I."

Herger frowned.

"Weapons?"

"Scissors. Extra sharp."

"What do you do again?"

"Oh well I do trims, cuts, styles, perms, colours,..."

Herger sighed. "Right," he said, cutting him off. "Psychological Warfare, second door on the left. NEXT."
Herger
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cerridwen » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:19 pm

Is that more to your liking dear? :D

Looks down the long corridor of doors, and the milling crowd of dazed and confused looking people...

And how might I persuade you to direct me to the chocolate bar?
:whistle:
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Scribbles » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:03 pm

First of all, HURRAY FOR GURU!! And welcome back darlin'. Is your cohort in crime and mischief going to join in as well? waves at Vana just in case she's looking

Okay, now for the confusing bits. If Cerri is the Queen Mother, that makes the Fool her son. But then the statement "His mother would be proud" makes no sense. If she isn't his mother but hmmmm, the late Kings second wife, then she can't be the Queen "Mother". She would actually be known as the late Kings Consort . . . ack! Someone help me out here . . .

Scribbles
Shield Bearer

Postby Cerridwen » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:21 pm

Well, let me see if I can get my sprightly little musish thing to tell...
These thoughts are about half delusional on her part, but of a few things you can be sure.
1. She didn't get put up in that Tower out of anybody's charity.
2. She considers herself Fin's mother, even though there's as little age difference between them as a pair of siblings.
3. Nobody wants to off her on purpose, although some in the fair land of Mordor frown upon her dabblings...
4. And she's patently loony. Not quirky loony, but certifiably, howlingly, lock-me-up-and-toss-the-keys loony.
5. She does have command of some magic, most of which isn't too nice; if she were in her right mind though, she'd likely not harm even a fly.

The muse isn't telling about the rest. glares at her muse, who sits filing her nails and whistling one of her bar tunes...
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Scribbles » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:46 pm

Well I suppose that since this is a spoof anyway, some facts are gonna go out the window in more than just this . . . sigh.

I guess if the loony old/young/whatevah wench thinks she's the Queen "Mother" that's fine. but as far as I'm concerned she's the late King's Consort with delusions of Queenhood . . . yeah, I could work with that.

Crazy Mother-In-Law jokes anyone?

Scribbles
Shield Bearer

Postby elengil » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:40 pm

Scribbles wrote:Crazy Mother-In-Law jokes anyone?

Actually she'd be his step-mother... Oohh even better =:)
elengil
Ranger of the North

Postby Cerridwen » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:30 am

What can I say? Lunacy has its own logic. ;)
I can't guarantee she gets any of the facts straight, at least not as has reference to any of what's more or less going on.

She might have charmed the late King into the union, when she was in her right mind. She also might have been a more manipulative person when she was in her right mind, with all of the aspirations to Queenhood that go with brazen gold-digging and dabbling in the dark arts. But since I am now officially operating without a muse, I really don't know. :P
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Scribbles » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:25 pm

LOL, indeed, Lunacy has its own logic and its own rules to boot. Fair enough.

Okay, Crazy Step Mother-In-Law jokes then . . .

puts on best Rodney Dangerfield voice

My Step Mother in Law is so crazy that . . . :D:D:D
Scribbles
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)