OOC: Thieves Guild

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OOC: Thieves Guild

Postby Haun8 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:51 pm

After the destruction of the One Ring and the beginning reign of King Elessar and Queen Arwen in Gondor the Thieves Guild was established in the White City itself. A new but profitable organization is now thriving in Minis Tirith’s underworld where even the lowliest of thieves to the most experienced and feared assassin can gain glory and gold. Come one come all and join the Guild, whether you see yourself a maid, a bartender, or a thief just trying to make his or her way in the world of ME, come and join.

I would like this thread to not focus around one particular story. I would like to see people join and create a life and reputation from scratch and make friends, alliances, and enemies. There could be many stories playing themselves out at once but I would like everything to start in the Guild HQ (maybe with time the Guild could expand to Rohan and other places or other Guilds could spring up and compete for the various jobs that are out there) where your character will first enter and join. A percentage of your earnings or findings will ultimately go to the Guild and you will get most of your jobs from there as well, but lets not get too technical here about the money and if you find that while your writing you may want to venture off into some other adventure (such as if your chasing someone who’s stolen your purse full of gold but hear rumors of an unbelievable treasure while your in a village then go right ahead and investigate if it takes you to Umbar or Rhun), please do so, but eventually come back to the Guild and tell us of your glorious deeds if indeed you live to tell the tales.

Rules:

1. One character per person.

2. When you start, your character can’t be “the best” assassin or thief but can have somewhat of a reputation whether good or bad. (I would like this to be an even playing field as much as possible when we start).

3. This isn’t a competition to see whose character can be the best or most revered by other characters, just try and make the stories lively and fun whether your character becomes the most feared and respected character or is the scoundrel no one trusts.

4. Normal Prancing Pony Guide lines such as not killing another character without permission, and that this is Role Play not a Role Play Game so there are no winners, ECT.

5. Have fun writing.

I hope this appeals to all of you out there and I hope many of you join and help me create a web of intertwining lives that could meet at any moment.

This is my first time on TolkienOnline.com but I’m no stranger to Role Playing. A friend of mine told me about this site and being the LOTR fanatic I have grown to be I thought that I would love it. When he showed me around and I saw the message boards and different stories everyone has entered into I had to be apart of it so even though this is my first post and I’ve already proposed a thread I hope you join it nonetheless.

The Guild is located in an enormous white stoned building with eight pillars out front and a great stairway leading up to the two enormous wooden doors. The entrance the various thieves and people who have business with the Guild enter in a side door enclosed by trees and bushes in the garden. The entrance bypasses the lush furnishings and rich tapestry found in the main rooms of the building disguised as a home and instead the characters will travel down a winding old wooden staircase lightened by torches, and enter a large room in the likeness of an Inn’s common room. There are many other rooms like the one they first enter so feel free to create what you want in those but there is on more room I must tell about. It’s the one where the creator of the Guild resides and talks to those who have business with him. It's a plain room with a desk and chair in the middle of it and scrolls stuffed everywhere, and it’s where you’ll first make your way to join the Guild. The creator is in fact a woman, a beautiful creature in her middle ages. Quick to anger that makes her ivory skin burn red and green eyes flare with a live fire. Her hair is black like midnight and her body has all the right curves. Though she might seem weak and fragile, she is quick and deadly with almost any weapon, but daggers and short swords would be the weapons of her choice. She is revered and honored so if anyone harms her it would mean death at the hands of everyone else in the Guild. If the occasion calls for it then I will use her but feel free to write her in your posts but please make sure that when you post that she isn’t in Rohan on business or sleeping or something (likewise with every other character in the thread).

That’s about it, everyone’s welcome so come on in and post your character as soon as possible. I’ll post mine as soon as I create him. : o )

Haun,

~~~~God Bless~~~~

Members:

atalantea
Volcanus
PatriotBlade
Loopy
ladyofboxclocks
corintur
Last edited by Haun8 on Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
Haun8
Petitioner to the Council

Postby atalantea » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:14 am

I would love to join! This seems to be fun.

While I'm not yet sure if you'd agree, here is a bio of my character. :D

Kundiman:
Physical Attributes:
Green, green eyes. (Shire green), black, raven hair, straight, porcelain skin that is almost translucent. Really beautiful. Slender built, flexible. Angelic/ godlike/ gypsy like beauty that she uses to distract her victims. :D She does not look like an elf. :D just real beautiful. :D
Attributes: Really sly and happy go lucky. REALLY vain. :D Goes along with men very well. :D
Weapons:Two sword/daggers that connects to make a spear like thingie. A whip and carries lotsastuff that helps her escape and stuff. :D

Hope you like that. I'm exited. :d Just wondering if you could give a main plot thing? :D
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby Volcanus » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:03 am

this sounds like a good idea and you can count me in....sorry but ill post my bio a bit later because i dont have any time now.till next time then.............
Volcanus
Ranger of the North

Postby Haun8 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:29 am

Name: Kreten
Race: Men (he doesn’t have a land he can call home)

Description: Kreten is big in stature and muscle. His broad shoulders let him wield heavier weapons than normal men such as his great battle axe hanging on his back. He keeps his head bald. His brown eyes are dull and lifeless; the only meaning in life for Kreten is to kill whoever it is he has to kill or do whatever it is he has to do for gold. Like his shoulders the rest of his body is thick muscled and larger than ordinary men. His strengths are assassination and fighting. He can be quite silent when he needs to be but he has his weaknesses as well. He is very stubborn and would face ten men alone just out of pride and it is difficult for him to leave a fight if he realizes he’s losing.

That’s all I have on Kreten...I think I’m going to let him grow and shape as the thread moves along.

Welcome atalantea, and Volcanus. Thanks for joining!

atalantea, I was going to do something different with this thread which is there will be no main plot to follow and all the writers can use their characters to make their own intertwining plots, but after a while maybe some of us who post regularly could join forces and create another guild or strike out on some other quest, but for now i would like for everyone to just "go with the flow" i guess and use their characters however they want.

~~~~God Bless~~~~
Haun8

Postby PatriotBlade » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:16 pm

NAME: Haddie(doesn't know her last name) Her street name is Lady Fox
HEIGHT: 5'2"
WEIGHT: About 130lb.
HAIR: Flaming red, wavy
EYES: Dark brown
CLOTHES: Depends on her latest scam. She usually dresses rather like a gypsy or a bar maid. Not much jewelry, just her parent's silver wedding rings and a moon stone ring, a pair of silver cuff braclets, an anklet made of cord, wooden beads and a single, polished brown stone, a pair of silver hoop earings and a small silver unicorn medalion. She doesn't know here it came from except that she's had it for as long as she can remember. She has a nice bracelet, earing and necklace set for when her scams call for dressing up.
SKILLS: Carries several daggers hidden on her person and knows how to use them. Is a rather good actress and skilled pick-pocket. Can dance both formally and as a street dancer and sings well(2nd soprano).
SCARS OR NOTABLE CHARACTERISTICS: Has a scar on her left shoulder, the same shoulder that sometimes gets a painful catch in it and is pressure sensitive. If you ever got to see her naked back, you would realise that she had been whipped several times in her young life. She has several other scars, one low across her abdomon and several along her ribcage that look like claw marks. Also a very faint one on the right side of her forehead which she aquired by running into the corner of a stone wall while tring to escape authorities.
HISTORY: Was born to a poor Gondorian family(father a Gondorian farmer, mother a gypsy). Gave up their farm and moved to the city of Minas Tirith when she was about six. Her father eventualy led a gang of thieves, while her mother picked pockets in the tavern where she workedand eventually bought). Haddie and her little sister, Sage were allowed to run the streets, but they had learned well from their mother how to pick pockets, so they rarely came home empty handed. When she was ten, Gondorian soldiers followed her father's gang to the tavern. They were forced to kill them all without a trial because they fought capture so hard. Her mother and sister also died in the fray, leaving her an orphan street urchin. The tavern is now falling apart, but no one wants to buy the land and everyone keeps arguing what to do about the building, but until something is done, it is her home and base of operations.
TEMPERMENT: Is very fiesty and afraid of very little, but is not an unessisary risk taker and has a reputation for being tricksy. She has her mother's restless spirit, so no relationships ever last very long. She has a cool head and rarely looses her temper, or panics in times of trouble. Eventhough she's lived on the streets most of her life, she has a code she lives by: 1) Never take from those who have less than you. 2) Take no unessisary risks. 3) Always stake out a hit, even a little one. 4)Never drink too much, even if the other party is buying. 5) NEVER get caught in the web of Burr Spice(drugs), and 6) ALWAYS give respect to those who deserve it, even if you don't like them. i.e. guards, the king, the elderly, mothers, cleargy/religious leaders, anyone you're doing business with, excetera.

May I join?
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Haun8 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:38 am

Welcome, PatriotBlade! Love to have ya.

I'm going to wait to post the story thread until we get more people to join.

~~~~GodBless~~~~
Haun8

Postby Loopy » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:52 am

hi!! i would also like to join this rp. i don´t have much experience in this kind of thing, but i´ll do my best :D

i´ll try to post my character´s bio asap :)
Loopy
Mariner

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:29 pm

Thanks, Haun. I had a thought that the first few posts can be how we are recruted into the guild, then our own adventures. Just a thought, feel free to ignore it. Also, just to get something cleared up for my muddled brain... If this is going to be like a guild, we might want to move this to the Alliances and Guilds forum before the mods catch us. If that's just the title of the RP, then we should be safe.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Haun8 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:42 pm

Welcome Loopy. Thanks for joining.

PatriotBlade, I like the idea about joining the Guild first and then doing whatever....sounds good to me. And, yes, this is just the name of the thread...so we're safe.

~~~~GodBless~~~~
Haun8

Postby Volcanus » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:09 am

Name:Volcanus

Age-???

Height-5"7'

Weight-150 lbs

Hair-Black spiked hair

Eyes-Chocolate brown

Wears a black cloak covering everything below the head.
Original home-It is believed that he arose out of a crater after a volcanic eruption.There is a red scar cutting his left eye.He wears a ring on the index finger of his right hand which has a fire burning inside it.on his back lies his scabard which holds a sword with a jagged edge and a golden handle.He does not wear footewear.

Skills-It is believed that a particular time,every 15 years he can summon a volcano out of the ground. His blood from a wound has medicinal properties.A weak spell caster with fireball and self immolation.
Volcanus
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladyofboxclocks » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:36 pm

This looks like fun. I have never role-played here formally(I have at the Lucky Fortune Inn once or twice) but I get the gist of it. Can I join?

Character: Cyllieth
Race Men
Age 17

Appearance Dark brown hair and grey eyes, wears a grey skirt and blouse, and has a rather austere appearance. Wears a silver necklace with Emeralds clustered at the end, and carries three daggers, one in her boot, one flat dagger in its sheath around her wrist and hidden by her sleeve, and one around her waist attached to a belt.

Anything else I need?
Last edited by Ladyofboxclocks on Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladyofboxclocks
Rider of the Mark

Postby corintur » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:39 am

I realy like the idea, in fact, this is exactly what I was looking for, heres my bio:

Name: Armo

Race: Human (Gondor)

Appearance: Only 5 feet 3" and skinny. Dirty brown hair down to his shoulders, Olive Green eyes and tanned skin.

Clothes: He wears a dark green traveling cloak over his weather worn pants and shirt. He has elvish kind of shoes, very light but very strong (he got these in a pub, well actually he took them right off of a man's feet without him noticing...)

Weapons: A short bladed sword he "found” once and a dagger. He also owns a flute which he considers as a weapon against fear and sadness.

Personality: Armo is a very cheerful and happy lad. But he is somewhat suspicious about other people. He is also kind of a coward although he would never admit it. But when time comes he knows how to be brave especially if his friends are involved.

History: About a year after Armo was born his mother left him, his older brother and his father. Armo doesn’t really blame her for leaving his father, he was a drunk and he would beat her up, he does blame her for not taking him and his brother with her.
When he was 12 and his brother 15 they ran away. They were sick of getting beaten by their drunken father. They ran away and started wandering, that’s how he became a burglar. A short time after he turned 14 he and his brother came to a small village, they were going to steal some food from a house and as his brother went in he was caught by the villagers. Armo managed to get away and hide. He saw the villagers hang his brother for stealing. Since then he wanders alone, burglaring and stealing.
corintur
Shield Bearer

Postby Haun8 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:30 am

Of course you can join, ladyofboxclocks, and corintur. Welcome.

Should i start the story thread now or wait a little bit more??? What's everyones opinion?

~~~~GodBless~~~~
Haun8

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:23 am

I think we should. My muse has been straining at her cage wire to get free and start her life as a pick-pocket. ;) I even have most of my first post ready, in my head.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Loopy » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:09 pm

hey!! i´ll try to post my character´s bio this weekened. However, i think that we should start the story and in time others will join and the story will grow :D
Loopy
Mariner

Postby Monoceros » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:20 pm

Hey everyone! This reminds me Quest for Glory. Oh, thos is my favorite game, and I always played as a theif.

bio:

Name: Miriam.

Race: Human, from eastern lands.

Appearance: 5'3", Slender and quick at moves. Long straight black hair, dark brown eyes. Light skin. Wears greyish brown clothes and a black cloak.

Items: Daggers, lockpics, rope and all those which every thief needs.
Dark Ring of Night Creatures, currently stolen.

Personality: Suspicious, not very talkative. At this moment she is single. Shy.

History: She ran away from home when she was 10. She joined travelling merchants and once was caught at stealing poket which belonged to one of them. She was thrown into jail but then due to unknown reason a woman came and took her under control and preservation. She turned out to be a thief and she needed an apprentice. Miriam considered this woman as her mother.

Five years she had learned from her teacher. Two years ago her "mother" was betrayed by her beloved and caught when burglaring. Several months later she was hanged. Since that time Miriam has been working on her own never trusting anyone. As she workes alone she can't do anything more than poket picking and occasinally burglaring ordinary houses with weak locks.

Whe she was granted the Ring in AHUR, she summoned a kitten, Shadow. He was her only friend through several years. While camping with some merchants who didn't know who she was her ring was stolen, though Shadow stayed with her. Now she is seeking it.
Monoceros
Ranger of the North

Postby Volcanus » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:11 pm

I think we can start now itself but just let us know when you do
Volcanus
Ranger of the North

Postby Monoceros » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:34 pm

Yes, I think we should start. Haun, are you going to be the Chief Thief?
And are we going to use any membership signs?
Monoceros
Ranger of the North

Postby Volcanus » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:59 am

haun...why dont you first give us a list of the members and their posts/ranks(you make them up).and then we start more members will join as we go along
Volcanus
Ranger of the North

Postby narnensul » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:46 pm

This is very interesting. I haven't been in the Pony for a while, I mainly linger in the Dragon, but it seems time to return. Having a story without a basic plot is different from most of the threads in the Pony, it sounds cool.

Here's my character...if you'll have her.

Name: Reven

Appearance: Reven has tanned skin and dark brown hair. Her eyes are an unusual gold color. Her build is thin and her height is average. She wears whatever she feels like at the time mostly in jewel colors but never wears jewelry. At first glance she easily blends in with the rest of Minas Tirith's eclectic mix of people, but look again and it seems like she is out of place.

Description: Reven's focus is anything rare...hard to find relics, books, and stones. But she recently found interest in becoming an assassin and is currently looking for someone to take her under their wing. Her experience with weapons is minimal...she owns only one sword. She is a good teacher and a quick learner, but her progress in the thieving world is slow. She is hoping to get an edge with her training as an assassin.
narnensul
Ranger of the North

Postby Volcanus » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:28 am

hiya narnen its great that we are getting new members.but where on earth has haun gone??
Volcanus
Ranger of the North

Postby narnensul » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:00 am

Hey there. Call me Narn. I'd like to get started as soon as possible, but I guess I'll need a bit of patience...whatever that is. :roll:
narnensul
Ranger of the North

Postby Volcanus » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:41 am

mmm narn we're just waiting for a few more people to join so could you help out by just telling people to come here and join thanks a pile!!
Volcanus
Ranger of the North

Postby corintur » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:12 am

Hey everyone, I was just thinking maybe there should be someone or somewhats that are recruiting thieves and etc to the guild and that's how our charachters get to the guild... Just a thought...
corintur
Shield Bearer

Postby atalantea » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:26 am

Hello, I'm so sorry I've not been visiting... really busy with academics... Someone update me? Please?

Okidoki, I understand about the plot thing... :D
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby Volcanus » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:03 am

thats a good idea corintur....any voluteers/????
Volcanus
Ranger of the North

Postby corintur » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:39 am

It does'nt have to be someone's charachter....
corintur
Shield Bearer

Postby Loopy » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:16 am

atalantea wrote:I understand about the plot thing... :D

i agree! :) i would like to have an idea of the plot so i can inspire and create my character; but propably haun8: has an idea, so we should wait for his/her post :):D
Loopy
Mariner

Postby Monoceros » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:06 pm

I think in the first post there is

The creator is in fact a woman, a beautiful creature in her middle ages. Quick to anger that makes her ivory skin burn red and green eyes flare with a live fire.

and

If the occasion calls for it then I will use her but feel free to write her in your posts but please make sure that when you post that she isn’t in Rohan on business or sleeping or something (likewise with every other character in the thread).

So I suppose this is the char that can recruit new members.

Haun????

Mono.
Monoceros
Ranger of the North

Postby Loopy » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:36 pm

yes, but i would like to see this thread up and going! :D

come on Haun!! get in here! ;)
Loopy
Mariner

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)