The Burning Stars (ooc)

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:19 pm

Eldfess wrote:elfmaiden, how are you going to join our party?

Hmm...Well at the moment I'm not entirely sure. Do you have any ideas? *goes off to brainstorm*

Edit: In my char's bio I mentioned that she has the uncanny ability to know the most unusual/secret things about people (though not all the time). When I wrote that I was subconciously considering having her be some kind of mind reader/telepath to some extent, but she has no knowledge of her ability because of her amnesia. As a reprecussion, she also can't control the ability at will or direct it, etc. So it's not like she's some super mage/mindreader or anything, but maybe she could accidentally discover what's going on from one of the group members.
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby Eldfess » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:21 am

hmmmmmm

here's a question...she doesn't know anything about herself but what do the monks know about her? perhaps they know something that she doesn't and want to utilize her, tap her abilities, and so send her with us? i don't know about that but it seems likely that the monks know more than they let on.
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:43 am

Hmm...That could work. They could use the excuse that she had figured out what had happened, so that the others wouldn't wonder why she was being sent along. Quite convenient. What I'm just trying to figure out now is how the monks would know more about her than even she did, and how they would utilize her...deception? ah, but there is always deception.

*mutter**mutter**wanders away thinking*
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby Eldfess » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:49 pm

well, i think that the monks would know more than she would. And they have a way of knowing information that is supposed to be hidden...just a thought.
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby Aiwe » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:36 pm

Yay! Eldfess is back! :D Say could you explain the whole "he is your chosen one" thing to me? I'd like to understan it so I can use it in my next post. :)

*waves to EM* 8)

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby Eldfess » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:47 am

you can utilize that however you want it. It was just one of those things that flowed out of my head as I wrote. In my head I saw that character as someone who chose Piyelan, knowing what he was, for something in the future. I can leave that up to you to interpret how you want and use in your character if you want. That character doesn't have to be a monk. One of the ideas that was circling around in my head is that he was from the court of the Godking. just ideas really, nothing sure.
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby Ulugz » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:56 pm

sorry, computer access problems. Will try to have a post up on Sunday.
Ulugz
Rider of the Mark

Postby SorceressintheGoldenWood » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:43 pm

Just thought I'd let everyone know I'm still around. Since Ara doesn't know about Pie's little secret I think I'll have her be a bad little monk and sneak out of the monastay without permission, then have her follow and meet up with the monks.
SorceressintheGoldenWood
Mariner

Postby undomiel » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:43 pm

gladrieltook! Welcome back! :D What can you tell me about your character before I post a response? :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby gladrieltook » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:15 am

Thanks. Avasa is sort of shy, but she loves books. She's like your middle school librarian. Flighty, curt, stern, but generally good at heart. I'm going to go edit my post right now, to add more detail.
gladrieltook
Ranger of the North

Postby undomiel » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:10 am

Just so you know, Leorner hasn't been in Minas Tirith very long, maybe a couple of months. He's on assignment from Annuminas' monastery to gather as much information as possible. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby gladrieltook » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:36 pm

oops :oops: my bad. I just edited it 8) . Thanks for catching that!
gladrieltook
Ranger of the North

Postby gladrieltook » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:52 pm

I feel like a spaz... :roll:

here's a formal character bio:

Name: Avasa
Race: Human
Physical Appearance: Short (4'11"), whispy, and pale from lack of sunlight. However, her cheeks tend to flush easily. Her hair is long, brown, and held back in a neat little bun. Her eyes, gray, are always darting to and fro under her spectacles. She tends to wear a plain brown robe and sandles.
Bio: Born in Minas Tirith, the daughter of a leathersmith, Avasa was entered into the Monastary by her father so she would be given a proper upbringing and educaton. There, she fell in love with books, and quickly became the favorite of the Librarian.
gladrieltook
Ranger of the North

Postby Aiwe » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:07 pm

Hi GT! :D

Looks like we need a Pi post. I'm working on it, really, I am... :oops:

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby AurabellaBolger » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:53 am

Hello, everyone--

I've been away from the threads for some time (busy at work) but want to get back involved, and I am in search of an RP to join, near its beginning. Does your company have room for one more?

Here's the character I'm thinking about:

Name: Lucy Pinwhittle

Race: Hobbit

Appearance: she has large dark eyes and abundant ringlets of bright red-gold hair; her slender (for a hobbit) form and fine features give her a wraith-like look. People who see her get the impression that she's "looking right through them" -- which she probably is.

Personality and history:
Similarly to another character I've worked with, Lucy has mystical abilities; she can, in the words of Wordsworth, "see into the life of things." She has mind-reading capabilities, but unlike Echo, she is able to control her power. Most often, she would prefer not to use it, because it strikes her as "cheating," but the temptation is always strong, because Lucy has one overriding trait: she is curious -- about everyone, everything, and every place. Her affection for reading and study combined with her desire to experience life beyond the Shire has led her to the monastic life. She looks out from her window in in the high floors and draws imagined maps of the landscapes in the distance. Most of her fellow monks find her peculiar, because contrary to the reputation of her race, she is fairly quiet and reserved. She is most often watching and listening.

Her history is fairly simple, an old story. Her parents died while she was in her tweens, and the guardians who took her in afterward treated her with a kind of genteel contempt (think the Dursleys, with manners). Because she'd inherited a handsome amount of property, those guardians conceived the idea of marrying her to their son, who would then take charge of the money. After a few years of this, Lucy decided she was old enough to run away and took off in the middle of the night, bent on finding a place where she could satisfy her boundless curiosity.

Lucy is tolerant of everyone and everything; she sees nothing and no one that she could not learn from. Her quiet shyness masks a heart eager to find friendship, and she is instinctively drawn to those who don't quite fit in.

Could this work? I will wait for the green light.
AurabellaBolger
Rider of the Mark

Postby undomiel » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:29 am

Aurabella, I would love the opportunity to RP with you again. :) Your character sounds promising, though I don't think Leorner will like her anymore than he likes anyone else. ;) I really have a habit of playing obnoxious characters. :roll:

Eldfess seems to be busy lately. He doesn't stop in that often anymore. :( But considering what a good RPer you are, I think he would welcome you. I say post away. :)

GT, not to nitpick, but Eldfess' idea is that the existence of Elves is nothing more than a myth at this point in history. If people know of the story of Luthien, they would probably just consider it a children's tale or perhaps remember her differently as a human. Sorry, I'm just very tuned into details. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenChild1292 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:44 am

I know this really late in the game but can I join? I’ve read the IC and I am up-to-date. Well, here’s m bio. Hope ya like it…

Name: Athelana (ath-uh-LANE-uh)
Nickname: Lana
Race: Telepath and sorceress living in Gondor
Language(s): Common Tongue, Gondor, Rohirrim
Alliance: Elves, Men, Hobbits, & Dwarves

Physical
Hair: Light Brown (lower back length)
Eyes: Silver with amber lining, white iris and black lining when mad, sapphire blue when using powers.
Skin: Slight tan.
Height: 5'5

Skills: Archery, Healing, Telepath
Weapon: Staff
Secondary Weapon: Sword & 2 Gold handle and Silver Blade Knives/Daggers
Third Weapon: Bow and Arrow

Clothes: Monk robe on top of clothes like Legolas' but in a female fashion. ( I can't really describe it so I used Legolas as an example.)It is a light green blended with slight reddish-yellow. Purple rock amulet.

Animals
Cat
Name: Haranith Nickname: Hara
Additional: Turns into tiger looking cat. But size of horse. (can ride)

History: (I was 12) Training with mother and father, when a hoard of orcs attacked the facility. Mother died in my arms & gave me a purple stone. My father gave me a green one and told me to give it to one who I trusted when the time came. )Purple stone gives me telepath powers.) I ran as fast as possible. (Wasn’t far from Gondor, so I lived there ever since.)

Personality: Impatient at times. Mostly sweet. Can be obnoxious when fighting, yet a very skilled fighter.

Powers: read minds. Lift things with mind.

Weakness: Stolen Stone.

Current Residence: Gondor.

Additional Info:
When 13, went to Gondor to get in as a monk for hiding from people who wanted my family dead. (The people trying to get my family didn’t realize the family was gone except me)

I also have a tatto of a long silver staff with a cobra wrapped around it on my back. Don't know where it came from. Had it since parents died.

Very powerful if angry

**Won't post until/if you give the okay..... Hope it's okay............... :lol: :lol: **
ElvenChild1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Amrunelen » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:50 am

Ooooh...very interesting RP. :shock: Why didn't I wander in here sooner? :| Well, if you have room for another character, I have a new one in mind...or one that could be slightly molded to fit my new idea. I was thinking perhaps he/she (haven't decided on gender yet) could be a descendant of the Dunedain Rangers. Very very few of them would remain, but they would be some of those who remember the time of the elves and pass on the history through their generations, yet they remain secret and hide who they are when out among others. Perhaps they seek to uncover/retrieve the body of Queen Arwen, so as to prove the existence of the elves. They would have taken over some of the places in the abandoned elven realms for their haunts and would've taken measures to hide them...perhaps they would've rescued a few books and relics from Imladris before it was overthrown/changed/taken over by men.

I dunno...just a alot of ideas running through my mind. :P

What about the elves in Eryn Lasgalen and those that settled in Ithilien? Well, I guess after that many generations they all have just sailed away by now.
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby undomiel » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:54 pm

Wow this thread is generating a lot of interest lately. :Q

Amrunelen, take a male character! I don't want to be the only man! ;)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby gladrieltook » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:41 pm

Undo: oops :oops: I'll clear it up in my next post. Maybe she can get annoyed at the book and refer to it as a 'stupid baby story' or faerie tale... or something...

Anyway... yes Amru, please take a male char! We only have two! Poor Pi and Leorner are going to feel terribly awkward! :wink:
gladrieltook
Ranger of the North

Postby Aiwe » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:42 pm

Yes! Rune, we need more Manly Men! :D

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby Amrunelen » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:51 pm

I can do a male then. :P But how does the idea for the character sound?
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby gladrieltook » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:33 pm

I definately find it a winner!

Now, as for me... I'd love to know the who, when, how, and why of this 'quest' and how it will lead to them discovering Arwen.
gladrieltook
Ranger of the North

Postby Aiwe » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:09 pm

OK! We have ourselves a Pi Post. I was kinda hoping that Eldfess could post next, with all the questy-type info.

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby SorceressintheGoldenWood » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:46 pm

I've just been inspired!!!

Where AurabellaBolger's character is not part of the 'mission' yet I have an idea. What if she joins with my character and follows after the group without leave? In your post you mentioned she had an interest in Easterling history...........perhaps with her knowledge she suspects that Ara(my character) is an Easterling, even though she does her best to hide it. I'll go ahead and post and if you don't like this idea or anything in my post I'll edit where needed.

- Sorc
SorceressintheGoldenWood
Mariner

Postby undomiel » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:31 am

I've just read through some of Eldfess's posts to refresh my memory and here's what I've found:

1. There's no such thing as an Elf now, no Elves live anymore and the existence of Elves has been completely covered up. So no myths either. I was wrong about that. The Elves that figured prominently in history are remembered as Saints or Angels. (So Luthien might be remembered as an Angel.)

2. Anyone with elven blood or who spreads the true stories of the elves are hunted down by the church to supress those ideas.

3. Arwen is known in history as the Daughter of Eru and through her marriage to Elessar the Kings of that line are considered Godkings.

Rune, I think your idea can add some interesting perspective. The Church would probably be hunting you so I don't know how you want to handle meeting up with our group. We would have been taught that you are a heretic. Could make for very nice tension though. ;)

Now, Eldfess's intention was that the recovered body of Arwen should reveal the deception of the Church. However, I don't see how just the body accomplish this. Elves basically look like humans and Arwen, when she died, was human. There must be something else in her crypt that proves the existence of Elves. We can decide what or how as we go along.

Now as far as the quest goes, it seems that the leadership of the Monastery is trying to get rid of Pi, those who know about him and those that it otherwise finds annoying. (Leorner would be in the last category.) The question is where are they sending them and for what purpose. Unless Eldfess comes back soon we'll just have to come up with our own answers. Any ideas where monks might be sent to on a quest?
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby gladrieltook » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:44 am

somewhere far away, but not too dangerous... almost lame (at least to city monks) maybe the shire...
gladrieltook
Ranger of the North

Postby Amrunelen » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:54 am

Hmmm...what about things like Anduril and the Ring of Barahir? And the palantiri? Would the line of Kings still keep them? Would the church have gotten rid of them since they have too direct of a connection to the past and the elves? Would my character and the others of his group have gotten ahold of them somehow to keep them safe? They could be some of the said relics that I mentioned they saved...or something.

More questions to ponder over. :P
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:47 pm

*Wanders in looking dazed*

three months and no rping.... must *gasp* rp... *faints*

*revives* ahem... that is to say, any room for another?
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby ElvenChild1292 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:36 pm

Is that an OKAY???????????????? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
ElvenChild1292
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)