OOC: When Shadows Fall

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OOC: When Shadows Fall

Postby Riencuran » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:52 pm

Hello Everyone!

We are currently open, feel free to post here in the OOC, show us your characters and you're welcome to join us. :):):)

From the brilliant minds of Riencuran and Wicked_Wytch comes, When Shadows Fall, an RP of intrigue...mystery...humor...love...and, best of all, constant bickering (between Shade and Ri, that is ^^).

In case anyone is curious, here is a complete (mostly) background...bear with me, it's somewhat long.

The Story-
    The RP starts in the Lucky Fortune Inn. For some time now, Shade has fallen prey to this curse. It has befallen her because of her itchy (thieving) fingers. Normally, she would have been unfazed by being caught mid-stealing...but there was something different about the wizard who cursed her. On her cheek, where a blade of his met her skin, there is a wound...it shows no sign of healing after weeks of travel.

Shade went to her closest friends (who happen to be Elves. *Shade hates all Elves, save these two, and Ri lives to torment her* ;))...a brother and sister, Luinithil and Riencuran Elenath. The mortal figured they would be able to whip up some kind of cure between the two of them, since both knew the art of healing...but to no avail. Worried about it greatly, the group decided to travel in search of the cure. Luin has his eye set for Rivendell, feeling that Elven healers will be able to find a cure where he and his sister could not. And if they did not have a cure, they might know the wizard that cursed Shade, so that they could go and get the antidote from him.

In the Lucky Fortune, Shade and company come across a group of travelers...The Elven woman, Kierra who also is on her way to Rivendell; Lady Skai-Sha, an Easterling who needed companions, The Ranger, Araphor, whose curiousity also paired him with the group; and Berodreth, another Ranger from Gondor who has a good bit of mystery surrounding himself as well. A mortal man also joined the group early on, one named Cody Tarquin... he is (Wicked: poor boy) Riencuran's soon-to-be husband. (Ri: I'm offended there :P)

Rien and Cody have broken off in search of the wizard himself. There is a tension left in the remaining group...fighting has broken out...some are mistrustful of the strangers they travel with.

The Time Period-
    Very early in the 4th age. Aragorn is still alive and ruling Gondor. It's a prosperous time in Middle Earth (for the men, at least). Many of the Elves have left, but a few still stay behind for one reason or another. Mordor is no longer the stronghold for all that is evil- Sauron was destroyed, but darkness remains, clinging to the shadows.

The Setting-
    We'll be doing a bit of traveling...from the Lucky Fortune Inn to Rivendell...who knows...darkness might eventually draw us into the heart of Mordor.

The Question-
    Will they make it to Rivendell (before tearing each other apart)? Will they find a cure? And what of Rien and Cody...will their journey to the dark lands affect them more than they intended?

The RPers-
    Riencuran: Riencuran Elenath, Luinithil Elenath and Quelleorion Terentasarë (Can you tell I love characters? ^^)
    Wicked_Wytch: Shade (Sabriel)
    Elladan_Elfhelm: Araphor
    Echo_Starlite: Berodreth (Status: Inactive, carried by Elladan_Elfhelm)
    *LadyofRohan*: Skai-Sha (Status: Inactive, being carried by yours truly, Riencuran)
    Lord_Tarquin: Lord Cody Tarquin
    ElvenChild1292: Kierra Undoelnin (Status: Unknown)
    Elfmaiden13: Aingeal Maethor
    Tigerlily_Took: Menethrandial

If anyone wants to join in, we are currently in Rivendell. It'd be a good place to interact with newcomers.

See you on the trail...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Rules-
Please, follow the following, so that we have a nice RP, without the All-powerful, All-seeing Mods coming it to speak a word or two to us. ;) We all love rules and regulations, and we love to follow them, right? I hope we do at least ;)

No one liners allowed. One liners do not advance the story, enhance anyone's character and you do not give anything back to the other player's so that they can go forward.

If you have to leave the thread, please write yourself out, or send an e-mail or IM to another RPer so they can write out your character for you.

Try your best to avoid wacky posts. Really. No fun being suddenly surrounded by balrogs and orcs and wargs and whatnot.

No OOC comments in the IC thread. Please. We beg and implore you.

If someone (like the Threadmaster) puts in a monster or an attack by robbers don't step in on the next post wave a magic wand and have the entire enemy vanish in a puff of smoke. First off, how realistic is that, even in a fantasy context? Secondly, if you immediately wipe out the bad guys no one else gets to play, and if the person who started the thread put something like that in, they might have had a reason which you cut off by killing everything in the blink of an eye.

Try to get along with the other posters, not beat them out. If someone has a sword and the next person shows up with a magic ring and the next has a pet dragon and the next declares themselves a Maiar what kind of story is that?

If you're going to interact with the others, which I hope you do, always make sure what you have the other character(s) say or do is alright with the RPer who owns the character. It's just polite. :)

Read the other Guidelines and Rules I didn't mention here. There are several RP links at the end of this post.

The Contact Info-

-Rien

The Links-

RP 101 - Very helpful, very important. Erinhue's a very good RPer, and his threads are always very good to look at.

RP 102 Advanced - Another of Erinhue's threads, take a look at it.

RP FAQ by Erinhue - A lovely bit of work, recently suggested by Wicked, fun to look over.

Guidelines and Rules for Role Playing - VERY VERY important. These little things keep our RP from being locked/deleted/and keeps the all-powerful Mods from stepping in, as long as all ya'll listen to them.

RPresources A-Z - A useful collection of threads for all kinds of things including maps, weapons (and how to handle them), food, medicine, clothing, etc etc etc.
Last edited by Riencuran on Thu May 12, 2005 11:38 am, edited 24 times in total.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Riencuran » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:28 pm

Name: Riencuran Elenath
Title: The Dark Crescent, Assassin of Minas Morgul

Race: Sindarin Elf
Sex: Female
Eyes: grayish-black color
Hair: raven black, neck-length
Height: 6'2''
Appearance: Skin tanned from the sun, very light scar on left cheek,
Personality: Quiet, loyal to her beliefs, fiery temper, mischievous
Languages known: Sindarin, Black Tongue,

Clothing: Forest green cloak, black tunic, dark green shirt, loose pants, padded boots
Skills: Archery, knife throwing, stealing, sword fighting, makes her own poisons, with unique antidotes.
Weapons: Two twin long-swords, wrist knives, boot knives, and numerous other daggers, bow/quiver, and poisons/antidotes.
Mount: Black stallion called Shadow Blade

Family:
Parents: Her father Celebthoron was killed during the War of the Last Alliance, before the Third Age. Her mother Naurrís left for the Havens, after hearing the news of Riencuran turning to the Tower of Black Sorcery, with her two older daughters.

Siblings: Rien’s older brother, Luinithil, was injured on the fields of Mordor, by an orc’s arrow, while he was trying to fend several other orcs off his father. He was reported dead by a human called Marek Longbow, but actually survived, though Rien does not learn of this till the Fourth Age. Her two sisters, Mithrenalph and Thêlmagol, left with their mother for the Havens.

History:
Riencuran was born in Imladris, to Celebthoron and Naurrís Anor.
Rien's brother though, Luinithil, who was the oldest, loved her. He hated it when she tried to gain her parents love, and they hit her in return, and would try to console his sister. He never spoke to his parents again when he found Rien's face bleeding from being hit by Celebthoron.

Luin spent all his free time with Rien, teaching her how to shoot a bow, how to search for the right healing plants, and how to survive on her own, since his parents would undoubtedly toss her out one day.

Rien tried and tried again to earn her parents love, or her sisters, but to no avail. She was always hit or ridiculed in public. Then the Last Alliance was formed, and her father and her brother joined. Rien suffered at the hands of her mother and sister's for the next eleven years, until the War ended, and she received news of her father and brother. The message said that Luin and Celebthoron were dead.

The shock made the poor Elfess lose her memories of everything except one place, Mordor. She had saddled her mare, Ránaraca, and rode out of Imladris.

After about three weeks of straight riding, she ended up near Mordor, or rather, Minas Morgul. She fell off Ránaraca, and lay there. Some hours later, mercenaries of Minas Morgul found her, and took her to the Moontower.

When Riencuran woke, she still did not have her memories, and was tricked into thinking she was a servant of the Dark Lord. She got a tattoo on her right arm, of a crescent moon with two swords behind it, and was permanently bound to the Tower of Black Sorcery.

She knew only how to shoot a bow, and use a staff, so Rien was taught how to use swords and knives. Luin had made weapons as a hobby, and had given her two twin long-swords, promising her that he would teach her and Rien still had those swords with her.

Years later, while she and some other mercenaries were discussing a raid, some of her memories came flooding back. Frantic, she immediately rode back to Rivendell, only to find herself marked a traitor and banished from all Elven havens. She tried to gain admittance, but was forbidden. Her mother wouldn't see her, nor would her sisters. Cursing the Elves of Imladris aloud, she rode back to Minas Morgul.

About fifty years later, Riencuran tried again, briefly feeling sorrow and guilt for her actions, and also hearing that her mother and sisters were departing for the Gray Havens, but was banned from there, unable to try and make amends yet again. She cried and wept to be allowed to at least say good-bye, but still was refused entry. Darkness upon her again, she angrily cursed her family and all Elves that lived in Rivendell yet again, and went back to Minas Morgul, feeding off her hate of Elves and killing any of the House of Elrond that crossed her path. She hires herself out as an assassin and thief, killing because of the hatred that was rooted within her and obviously stealing for the loot and the money.

Around the Fourth Age, Rien unfortunately (umm, I mean, thankfully….) ended her bloodthirsty, dark career, because of a cursed meeting with a bloody annoying mortal who forced Rien to give up her evil ways and become as close to a lightsider as the assassin would allow. Rien tries very hard not to kill for money, only when necessary, though the stealing is a harder habit to break. And during the Fourth Age Rien’s long lost brother Luin is found, and the fact that he falls in love with the mortal does not please his dear sister too much, but not even Eru could make Luin feel otherwise. Hence, Rien is now a good darksider. ;)

Name: Luinithil Elenath
Nickname: Luin
Race: Sindarin Elf
Sex: male
Eyes: gray, like a storm
Hair: raven black
Height: 6'6''
Appearance: tanned, handsome, strong,
Personality: friendly, defensive, caring, almost no temper, forgiving, quick-witted, humorous

Clothing: midnight blue tunic, white shirt, midnight blue cloak, midnight blue loose pants, leather boots,
Skills: hand-to-hand combat, sword fighting, staff fighting, archery, weapon crafting, can sense feelings
Weapons: two twin swords with crescent moons on the hilts made by himself, exactly seven small idential daggers, all with the crescent moon on them,

Mount: black horse, brother to Rien's own, named Remmirath

Family:
Parents: Celebthoron, his father, died in battle, his mother Naurrîs left shortly after his father's death for the Gray Havens.

Siblings: younger sisters Mithrenalph and Thêlmagol left with his mother for the Havens, youngest sister Riencuran a mercenary of Minas Morgul, without most of her memory.

History: When Luin went off to fight, he was wounded by an arrow shaft, and left for dead. His human comrade, Marek, brought news of his 'death' back to Rivendell. Two Easterlings, not on the side of darkness as the rest of their kin, found and took pity on Luin, and healed him. He was sent to Umbar to be safe, and years later took up his search for his sister Riencuran. (As you can tell, I haven’t created a detailed bio for Luin, but eventually I’ll have it…eventually…)
Last edited by Riencuran on Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Wicked_Wytch » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:50 pm

Hello everyone. Hope someone reads this and wants to join! If you want to see how we rp check out ye old pony express.

Here's my bio (Thank goodness I only have one character to manage ^^). I followed Ri's method...

Given Name: Sabriel
Known Most Commonly As: Shade
Race: Human
Eyes: Dark blue
Hair: Black, goes past her shoulders and reaches to her back
Height: 5'4"
Appearance: Thin but muscular build. She has a new cut on her face from the encounter in which she's poisoned.
Personality: Stubborn, easily annoyed, extremely loyal, not quick to trust others, good sense of humor
Languages: Common speech and a few choices elvish phrases

Clothing: Shade wears a black cloak over dark brown leggings and a green shirt. She's got some hardy looking boots that match her pants.
Occupation: Shade works most often as a thief, stealing what she wants/ needs
Skills: Tracking, cooking, extremely good with swords and knives. Not very skilled with magic (sadly)
Weapons: Shade's covered in weapons... this is a lesson she's learned over the years- to always be armed just in case. She's got at least two swords, over four knives, and a few other hidden treasures among the folds of her clothing
Mount: Shade's got a lovely, nameless sandy mare. This horse is extremely intelligent and follows Shade wherever she goes
Pet: Shade also has a large (and I mean great dane sized large) dog that's grey in color. Though, I think for this adventure, my doggy will be staying home

Family & History:
Shade has a hard past. She was born in a small Gondorian town with her mother, father, and two siblings (bro and sister). Around the age of 17, her village was attacked by a wild group of orcs. Everyone she loved and cared for died in this attack.

Shade, though, along with a group of others who in time were murdered, was taken by the orcs (these people were supposed to be saved for when the orcs grew hungry again). By the grace of the gods, Shade was saved when the orcs got into a large scuffle and pretty much massacred each other. Shade escaped and because of sickness and trama forgot her past.

She wandered for years, searching for her past. And it wasn't until she was around 25, when she joined a group of adventurers, that she remembered everything. By that time, she'd met and journeyed with Rien (who grew on her like a weed ^^) and Luin (who is in love with her).

At the start of this RP, Shade was on her own. She came upon a wizard who looked rich, so she decided to slit his purse and take a few extra things from his humble abode. Of course, she was caught and the wizard both hurt her in a fight and cursed her with death and disease.

Not sure what to do, she's gone to Rien and returned to Luin in hopes that they can help her.

Other little important things:
Shade has, for many years, had a strong dislike of elves. (Luin and Rien have done a good deal to change her opinion. And though she won't admit it, Shade's falling for Luin). She also doesn't easily trust others (of any race) but once she does, she's loyal and would do anything for them.

Also, though she will deny the fact that she's worried, Shade is terrified of dying from this curse that's been put upon her. She doesn't want to worry anyone else, but she knows that it's important that a cure be found soon.

So.. that's Shade in a few paragraphs. Hopefully she's as entertaining to you guys as she is to me.
Wicked_Wytch
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:59 am

Hi there. This looks very promising, and I would like to join. A few questions first:
1) Where will the RP start? I know you are first going to Rivendell, but where are you at now?
2) What kind of characters are you looking for? I don't think any of my Rohirrim characters will work, but I do have a Ranger that I think would. Are you wanting elves or just humans?

I will post the bio for my Ranger character, and you can let me know if he will work or not.

Name: Araphor son of Aratan
Race Human
Sex: Dunedain Male
Appearance: 6'4", blue eyes, dark brown hair, mustache, and beard around chin.
Clothing and Weapons:Black pants, dark brown tunic, grey/black cloak, a sword, hunting knife, short bow with arrows, and a blue sapphire ring on his right index finger.
Personality: Araphor is a joker, but he knows when to be serious and to cut the jokes out. He's very loyal. When he makes a committment, he will stick to it. He will always try to do what is best for Gondor and the north kingdom that he hopes Aragorn will reestablish soon.

Family: Araphor is the son of Aratan, son of Aravorn, son of Argonui, who was the great grandfather of Aragorn Ellessar. So, Araphor is a cousin of the king.

History: He has wandered the north and south for the last 25 years of his life. Mostly he has travelled in the north around the Shire and Imladris. He travelled with the Grey Company that accompanied Aragorn upon the Paths of the Dead. He fought at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, and suffered a severe wound there in his left arm. He wasn't able to go to the black gate, and he was in Minas Tirit for a about year recovering. He has since returned to the North, and has continued his patrol of the lands surrounding the Shire.

Let me know if this fits. I can move Araphor around to wherever you are at, or he meet up with the party later on.

Thanks,
Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Wicked_Wytch » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:26 am

Hi Dan!

*so glad someone wants to join*

As to your questions,
1)The RP starts in an Inn. Luin, Shade, and Ri are waiting for other adventurers to answer their ad from Ye Old Pony Express and Luin, worried about Shade's condition, will probably force her to sleep and rest... and be cute, yet annoying. I was going to say the Lucky Fortune just because it's where Rien and Shade met and... nostalgia and all that good stuff. But, I'm still not exactly sure where the Lucky Fortune is on a map of ME. We could always put it somewhere on the road to Rivendell. (I'll check as soon as I finish posting this if the writers of the Lucky Fortune give a location for it).

2. We're not looking for any specific type of character. We want adventurers... but we don't need anyone with realy experience. I like your ranger character, just because he looks interesting. But if there's another character you'd rather use, that's fine too.

We're going to start an IC soon, so please feel free to join us whenever. The RP will start with a light tone, but it's bound to get darker as Shade gets worse.

Also! I wanted to let you know that you're welcome to add your own bit to the storyline. If you have something you want us to do/somewhere you need to go, let us know, ok?

Hope that answers everything and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

-Wicked
Wicked_Wytch
Shield Bearer

Postby Wicked_Wytch » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:36 am

Ok, I looked it up..

The Lucky Fortune is along the Great East Road... which is wonderful because it seems only a stone's throw away from Rivendell.

Check out the map, if you'd like: here

I've just started the RP. The three are in the Inn, waiting for more people to join them. (Anyone can just approach them inside or find them along the way, whatever's best for you). I promise to go and explain what exactly happened to Shade ... I actually have a post planned out.

...*Thinks* I believe that's all I had to say. ^^

I'm off for a bit.
-Wicked
Wicked_Wytch
Shield Bearer

Postby Echo_Starlite » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:47 pm

I'd like to join, but I'm not going to use my standard RP character. I know I have a rescued one from somewhere...

NAME: Berodreth
RACE Gondorian Human
AGE 34
GENDER Male
APPEARANCE: 5'10", light brown hair, brown eyes, scar at base of neck (right side)
GEAR: Standard ranger garb of the City. More used to heavy armor of the Citadel guard, but is not able to take it with him on long journeys. Cloak, pants, tunic, gloves, vambraces, hauberk, fauld, shield, sword and short bow all standard issue and emblazoned with the symbol of Gondor.
PERSONALITY: Berodreth is young and more than a little foolish, with perhaps a few too many ideas and a bit too much youthful vigor. He is not known for thinking before he acts, and strategery is not his strongsuit, but he is a solid fighter with a good heart. Berodreth is very mercurial.
HISTORY: Berodreth is the youngest of five sons, and in turn the last in the line of men who had all of which became servants of the Steward and in turn the King. He is constantly outdone and outranked by his brothers, but he blames this on his lack of years, not experience. Born in Minas Tirith, he hardly ever ventures forth from the city, and therefore is best acquainted with the surrounding territory. However, after his rank is demoted due to a mixup between himself and his drunken eldest brother, he is sent out into the wild as a ranger and swears he will never return to the White City until his honor is renewed and justice served.

The mention of the scar is important, but I don't intend to reference it until a bit further into the story. Assume for now that his hauberk covers it up.
Echo_Starlite
Ranger of the North

Postby Wicked_Wytch » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:06 pm

Welcome Echo.

I have to say... I love that pic in your sig. ^^
Wicked_Wytch
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:15 pm

Great to have you both in the story. :) Any ideas to add to the plot, you're more than welcome to give suggestions.

Gotta agree with Wicked on that one: neat pic. :wink:
Last edited by Riencuran on Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Riencuran » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:17 pm

First double post since I came back!! :D:D
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:05 pm

I just posted in the IC, if I need to change anything just let me know.
BTW, Araphor is ver nosy when it comes to the north and Rivendell.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Wicked_Wytch » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:17 pm

^^ Yay. Posts.

Before I go on, I just wanted to let everyone know that it's fine (in my book) to do a bit of posting for me. Just try to keep me in character. But if you want to have a conversation with my character, you're welcome to use her.

I'm going to assume the same for everyone else unless someone tells me they don't like this. (So if you don't disagree, you're giving me permission.) Don't worry... i don't abuse characters.

Ok... that's all for now. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Later.
Wicked_Wytch
Shield Bearer

Postby *LadyofRohan* » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:01 pm

*peeks head in* Hello? I looked around and I though "Hey...this looks cool..." So I was hoping I'd get to join...*kicks dirt* I'm reading the other thread as we speak and...I'll post my Bio I guess...let me know what you think. If it doesn't work, I can make up a new character...no problem. *waits*

Name: Skai-Sha
Race: Easterling
Sex: Female
Appearance: hip-length, thick black hair; dark brown eyes; tan skin
Clothing: baggy, black pants; loose, tucked-in black shirt; riding boots
Weapons: double axe, daggers, knives (if needed)
Personality: She's dark and mysterious, and sticks to her gut. She's very intelligent for a girl of her status.

Family: has no family, given as a gift to the king when she was 15.

History: (see above) She spent the next 6 years of her life scrubbing floors, arranging flowers, washing clothes, and polishing jewels. A year ago she ran away from the palace and away from the terrible memories. She now searches for a real 'family'. She hides her past.
Last edited by *LadyofRohan* on Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*LadyofRohan*
Rider of the Mark

Postby Wicked_Wytch » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:05 pm

Lady of Rohan,

You're welcome. You should just try to find a way to fit yourself into the story.

Maybe you could accompany another one of the characters. Or you could be replying to our ad from the ye old pony express. Or maybe you can come up with something better than my feeble attemps at creativity. ^^

Whatever you choose, welcome. And feel free to post as soon as you like.
Wicked_Wytch
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:24 pm

C'mon Wicked, you don't give yourself enough credit. You're creative. You created the story line :P

Welcome Lady of Rohan :) Yay, we have many people!! *very happy* Wherever/whenever you want to enter, go right ahead. :)

*Has come to the conclusion that posts are the best thing on God's Green Earth that is Mostly Blue*
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby *LadyofRohan* » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:34 pm

awe! :hug: thanks! I'm excited now! Alright well then...let me think.*storms off thinking*
*LadyofRohan*
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lord_Tarquin » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:39 pm

Thought I'd introduce Rien's other favorite annoying mortal...=:)

That is, if the Lady Rien will have me? :)
Lord_Tarquin
Rider of the Mark

Postby Wicked_Wytch » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:49 pm

Yes! Is this Cody?

*Hardly contain self*

If it is... I think I owe you one because Shade will be able to taunt the good lady Riencuran for hours on end if she has a love interest. ^^

*laughs in and evil and gleeful way*

(And don't anyone get defensive for Rien... she taunts Shade ALL the time. Payback is a female canine. ^^)

EDIT**

Just read your post, Lord Tarquin. I welcome you. And... die of laughter because Riencuran married... ^^. She'll never be able to laugh at Luin or Shade again.

(I do realize I'm taking too much please in this, but to all the people who don't know Riencuran or I well, we've known each other for a long while and the thought of her in love or married... hee.)

On a more serious note... if anyone would like to chat online about plot lines or RP together, let me know. I've got AIM. (I'll let you all know my name if you all have the same messanger).

This RP is getting so interesting... Glad to have everyone aboard.
Later!
Wicked_Wytch
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:57 am

I just posted again. I hope you like it, and if I ever need to change my post, just let me know.

Hi LOR,good to see you. I will keep an eye on your character since she is an Easterling. :wink: An Easterling is who wounded him at the Battle of the Pelennor.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Echo_Starlite » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:31 am

I updated, and I hope nobody dies from my excessive detail of NOTHINGNESS. I just tend to run off on tangents ALL THE TIME. I'l try to tone down the descriptive properties a tad, I think...

I like the fact that I can write an entire post and not have any character speak even once. :P

:eye:

I just love that one...
Echo_Starlite
Ranger of the North

Postby Wicked_Wytch » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:51 am

Echo,

Don't worry about your post. You write wonderfully. And I'm a sucker for detail, so... lol no need to worry.

I liked your post and actually am a bit appreciative of the fact that you stayed back. I think there's just a bit too many people at once. Since it's night, we can go our separate ways and Berodreth could appeal to one of the group (I think it might make sense he goes after our ranger Araphor since they share a similar [possibly] background). But you're free to jump right in too (or maybe eavesdrop), if that's to your liking.

As to the story itself (And this is a note for everyone):
Once we reach Rivendell, we'll get some info about our wizard and what measures to take. But I think it'd be a good idea to plot out a bit of what everyone else wants to happen in the story so that in Rivendell, the characters will have their ideas straight and know just what it is that they want to do next.

Right...
I'll be posting later tonight (Hopefully Ri will be around).
Til next time!
Last edited by Wicked_Wytch on Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wicked_Wytch
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:19 pm

Echo, I think your post was great, and I too love detail, though I sometimes find it hard for myself to include. Your post gave me a great look at your character and the inn. Great job. Araphor will be glad to talk to Berodreth. Berodreth can tell Araphor of his mission without fear of being betrayed or thought less of. I'm very interested to hear it.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Riencuran » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:49 pm

*wonders what possessed her to invite LT to the RP* Wicked, another word out of you and Ri will kill Shade while she sleeps. :P

And I don't taunt Shade ALL the time...Shade starts most of it. ;)

Now, I'm off to discover some evil way in which to get back at Wicked. =:)
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby *LadyofRohan* » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:01 pm

Dan?! *runs* :hug: oh! I didn't notice it was you! :oops: sorry! This is so cool! I didn't know you liked RPing this much?! ;)
*LadyofRohan*
Rider of the Mark

Postby ElvenChild1292 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:39 pm

I know it’s late but can I join? Here’s my bio.. Any questions or comments, please say so.

Name: Kierra Undoelnin
Age: Looks 15 or 16, yet is like 50 or 60 in Elf years….. (Not sure if that’s how it goes in book, but I hope it’s okay.)
Race: Elf
Language(s): Common Tongue, Gondor, Rohirrim, Sindarien,
Alliance: Elves, Men, & Dwarves

Physical
Hair: Light Brown (upper back length)
Eyes: Amethyst with silver lining – (all white when fighting, from purple stone)
Skin: Slight tan – porcelain like
Height: 5'5

Skills: Archery, Healing
Weapon: Bow/Arrow
Secondary Weapon: Sword, 2 Silver/Gold Knives

Clothes: Legolas' but in a female fashion. (I can't really describe it so I used Legolas as an example.)Top: Light reddish-yellow tank-top/Bottom: Slightly Darker Red Baggy Pants

Animals
Horse
Name: Haranith
Color: Black with White “North Star” on forehead
Info: Ridden into war by father

History: (I was 12) Training with mother and father, when a hoard of orcs attacked the facility. Mother died in my arms & gave me a purple stone. My father gave me a green one and told me to give it to a trusted friend when the time came. Purple stone gives me strength. I ran as fast as possible. (Wasn’t far from Gondor, so I lived there for a while.) Learned sword fighting & archery skills in Rivendell. Learned staff skills in Gondor, and spear skills in Rohan. Loves to fight – sees it as a competition.

Personality: Impatient at times. Mostly sweet.

Weakness: Stolen Stone. Trusting people. (Trusts easily, unless suspicious.)

Current Residence: Rivendell – traveling around, yet ‘home’ is in Rivendell
ElvenChild1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Wicked_Wytch » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:58 pm

Excellent!

Hi Elven Child. You're welcome here...how would you feel about meeting the group in Rivendell? Or on the road to Rivendell? It's just a thought... but with all the fresh blood around it'd be cool to meet up with a new character either in Rivendell or on the road there. (We'll be leaving soon the Inn and out to Rivendell quite soon.)

I'm off to post...
^^
Wicked_Wytch
Shield Bearer

Postby Echo_Starlite » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:28 pm

Alright, here's the plot-bunny I'm inserting really fast:

Berodreth does not know where he is. He's going to steal a peek at Skai-Sha's map and realize he's MILES away from where he thought he was.

This always leaves the question of HOW he travelled so far in three days. ;)

ElvenChild, good to have you aboard.
Echo_Starlite
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenChild1292 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:18 pm

Thanx!! I think I'll meet up with the group on the road to Rivendell, 'cause I want to get in the story A.S.A.P.

Cool Beans & Hot Rice!
~~EC~~ (It's what everyone else calls me.)
ElvenChild1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:28 pm

Welcome EC. :) Great to have you with us. Man, it's getting crowded at the LF....I thought Kierra was going to meet us in Rivendell :?

Note: We need some evil people... I feel so alone....will I have to bring in more of my characters to get some evilness going?

And can we slow down with the posts? Lol, hard to keep up.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Wicked_Wytch » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:47 pm

Hey guys,

I agree with Rien. There's a bit too much action in all of these posts. lol I like that everyone's posting a lot, but it's hard to keep track when you try to move along the story so quickly. I've found that when it comes to a lot of different people posting and having a lot of speech/action is better when things are moving along the road. Since we're just starting out... we want evrything to keep it's pace.

Try to forget the fact that we're doing fantasy RP and pretend this is real life... would so many strangers just happen upon us (meaning Luin and Shade since we're the ones at the table) in a few hours? More than that, it's hard to get to know each new character well (or well enough) when someone new pops up right after they've finished introing themselves.

It's awesome that everyone's eager to write, though... and I'm really happy about that.

EC, you are welcome. I have to ask if you'd do me the favor of spacing between paragraphs (just because it's easier to break down everything and read).

Lady of Rohan, it's cool you wanted to check with someone else before inviting Kierra into the group, but just for the record you don't usually have to ask permission. (Not from me, at least.) You're welcome to interact with any character you'd like... even if you might hold back and let Luin/Shade/Ri welcome someone into the group. But thanks for having the consideration ^^.

Ri and LT- would you guys mind not telling anyone about the marriage proposal until... late in the night or tomorrow. Because I know that Luin won't be pleased... and the angst so quickly might just explode my head. ^^

IF ANYONE NEW WANTS TO JOIN- you're welcome but please don't just walk upto our group because... I dunno about the rest of us, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the strangers.

AND*** if anyone would like to rp together (I find it's an easier way of writing the story out) or talk about the story, IM me at preciosaoni (AIM). And don't hesitate because I'm a nerd and I like to RP.

Ok... *deep breaths*

Any other questions concerning rpingin general or the story, contact ri or me.

I'm out of here for a while.
LT, Rien is looking around for you. ^^ (Love birds= cute.. threw that in for Ri)
Til Next Time..
-Wicked
Wicked_Wytch
Shield Bearer

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)