OOC- Tribulation

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Hunter » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:26 am

~

Thanks for setting the timeline! It was something I was a bit confused about (doesn't take much :D ) and in rereading what's been written so far, everything fits...except one small bit in the G-man's post about the troth rings. In it he mentions the One Ring, which during this timeframe, not much about it would be general knowledge. But hey, it's a small thing and I can live with it. :)

Ok, now that's settled, I have to say I'm excited about all the ideas for this story that are wirling around in my head, :happydance:, but as of right now, I really, really, hope that this slow pace continues! RL is kinda crazy at the moment! My youngest daughter is getting married in less than two months and I don't know how much or how fast I'll be able to post until after the end of April. So if I'm not around much, don't think I've dropped out of this!

Thanks in advance for your patience. :)

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadowfax » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:28 pm

I like this speed myself. 8)

Though I do tend to forget things.........like the troth rings....but thats a minor thing. It would seem to me that the Rangers would know about the rings, Wraith's etc...or at least some would know after hanging around Aragorn perhaps?

Congrats on your daughters wedding BTW! :clap:

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:33 am

Congrats also!

I find I tend to forget things too...and forget what I'm doing. I agree I like the slow pace, but a little peppier might not hurt - however I am the greatest offender! LOL Either that I or I re-read the entire thread before I post everytime :rofl: Still, it's all good and I love it, life has just been crazy busy. Hope everyone else is doing good though :)
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:12 am

~

Thanks guys! The day is coming up quick! :shock: 38... and counting!

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Tempest » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:26 pm

I can't help myself. I need more action. :twisted:
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:14 pm

~

More action?!? :shock: After the past several days I could use some rest!! :D :pull: :D (seriously!!!)

Ah, but I'm glad to be back! :) No more sewing, planning, looming deadlines or frazzled nerves to sooth. All I have to do is figure out what to write and THAT will be easy after planning a wedding!

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Galhadrim » Mon May 01, 2006 9:11 am

Hey there, I wanted to let everyone know that I've just had a story accepted for publication by theswordreview.com. It's my first sale (a whopping 25 bucks) after twenty years of writing and I'm thrilled. Many thanks have to go to many people. You all are at the top of the list. I've said it before, writing with you guys forces me to get better just to keep up. A special nod to my very good friend Jaxon is in order. She is an inspiration with the worlds and characters she creates here. Thanks to everyone and I'll let you know when the publication date is set.

Now to the story at hand. Badger is sitting on the ground with a dead thing on his sword, some wounds on his arm, and a puzzled look on his face. Tempest, that had to be the shortest ambush I've ever seen. Is something else percolating in that brain of yours?
Galhadrim
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Fri May 05, 2006 10:12 am

Congratulations Galhadrim - that is great news! I'm really happy for you! Thanks for the kind words, but it's all of you who keep me going here! I can't wait to read the story :)

Ok...couple of questions...are Freahelm and Galhadrim the elf still among our company? I think the elf is gone right? But Freahelm is still with? It's not too late for him to be listed among the missing after the attack if that serves anyones purpose - has anyone see our dear Freahelm????

Sorry for my absence...our timeline is hilarious...this has to be the longest week on record! HAHAHA
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Galhadrim » Fri May 05, 2006 2:09 pm

Galhadrim the elf was never really intended to be an elf but that's how it worked out and he left the inn quickly after applying some medicinal herbs. Freahelm should still be with us.

The story will show up on their web site in a couple months, they have a rolling inventory and there are several stories ahead of mine.

:D
Galhadrim
Ranger of the North

Postby Tempest » Fri May 05, 2006 4:47 pm

Congratulations Galhadrim! I'm happy to hear of your success!!! May it continue!!!

As for your other question, I have an idea now, but I didn't at the time of the ambush. :)
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Sun May 07, 2006 11:34 pm

~

Hey! Congratulations Galhadrim!
Can I have your autograph? :wink: I've never known a published author before!

Seriously, I'm in awe of you. It takes alot of dedication and hard work to sit down and write well enough to get a story published. Please keep us up to date on when your story will be online.

No Freahelm sightings here.... No opinion on what happens to his character other than it is a good spot for him to go missing if no one wants to carry his character along. That way if Freahelm does come back he could write himself back in from this point.

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Tempest » Tue May 09, 2006 10:23 am

Oh, I kept Freahelm around a little longer. Akara needs to interact with him before we finally "leave" him somewhere.
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Tue May 09, 2006 8:08 pm

perfectly ok with me :) - Freahelm is great. Now if he were a lizard man, magic baby or wolfboy we might have a problem LOL ;)

but a good character is never a bother to carry along :)
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Galhadrim » Thu May 11, 2006 11:40 am

That was fun but I've no idea where Stider's going with it.

Galhadrim
Ranger of the North

Postby Galhadrim » Thu May 11, 2006 6:09 pm

You know, re-reading that post I'm reminded of Carrie Fisher's description of George Lucas' dialogue and its effect on actors. "You can write it, but you can't say it."
Galhadrim
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Sat May 13, 2006 8:55 pm

Hey, I love the stuff you can write and not say! LOL Keep it coming!

As for where I'm going with this...HAHAHAHA you think I have a plan? HAHAHAHAHA cute! Actually for once in my RP life...I have no plan. Shocking isn't it? ;) Just roll with whatever, I just figured it was a good a time as any for the witch of the westmoreland didn't you Galhadrim? even if no one else gets it but us LOL ;) Though I've only picked a few cool sounding lines to meet my purpose here ;)

ps: any truly wishing to "get it", you can listen to a small sampling here: (scroll down)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000 ... oding=UTF8

Otherwise you could do a search on Stan Rogers on Limewire :)
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Galhadrim » Sun May 14, 2006 7:28 am

I saw an opening and went for it. Now I just have to work The Giant in.

Galhadrim
Ranger of the North

Postby Freahelm » Sun May 14, 2006 4:59 pm

:oops:

You guys are amazing. I thought Freahelm would've been long gone by now.

I feel so incredibly sheepish right now. First of all, it was months before I realized I wasn't getting the e-mails when this thread was updated, and by the time I figured that out, I assumed I had been gone too long to be able to jump back in. At least, not without a lot of egg on my face. Serves me right for not checking to make sure.

But Freahelm is still around! You guys are awesome. I know how annoying it is when people just disappear without explaination. Special kudoi to Tempest for sticking up and keeping Freahelm around. I would not have blamed you in the least if y'all had tossed him off a cliff or something.

Now, I know its no excuse...but these past nine months have been my first year of teaching, and if you've ever taught, you know how that can be.

So can I post again? Or am I anathema for my prolonged absence?

Hey...what's this on my face? What the...egg? How'd that get there? Oh well...I hear it goes well with crow...
Freahelm
Rider of the Mark

Postby Freahelm » Sun May 14, 2006 6:04 pm

Meh, I posted anyway, anathema or no. Couldn't resist. Good thing its a spot in the story where Freahelm can be reasonably confused, because I still feel confused. Quite a mystery we have going for ourselves here, gee whillikers!
Freahelm
Rider of the Mark

Postby strider- » Sun May 14, 2006 6:13 pm

Freahelm my friend you are most welcome! I am happy you are still about and I too have experienced that lack of email when someone posts things...weird. But not to worry this is quite possibly the slowest moving RP of all time ;) Your characters are safe with us and we are happy to have you among us! Not to worry for flying eggs or witches, the witch...at least I think is just a bit of a distraction on our road...much like Bilbo's spiders :D I'm curious also to see what else she has to say! You guys rock!

Galhadrim...Hmmm...Fingal...that may be a harder trick ;) LOL
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadowfax » Mon May 15, 2006 6:25 pm

DOH!

I too have been keep in the dark (no email notifications) as to this storys progress!

I had to 'log in' when I came back.................might that be something to do with it? anyways..........................I'm back now. 8) I'll throw something out there shortly.

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Tue May 16, 2006 11:30 pm

~

Welcome back Freahelm...egg and all! :)

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Tempest » Wed May 17, 2006 7:32 am

Glad to see you back, Freahelm! I know what it's like the first year of teaching (boy, did those kids take me for a ride) :) . What exactly are you teaching?

It's nice to see everyone again! People are coming out of the wood work! We should have added a witch earlier in the story. :P
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadowfax » Wed May 17, 2006 3:03 pm

Tempest wrote: We should have added a witch earlier in the story. :P

Eh?....................Jaxon was with us the whole time. :P

*ducks*

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Wed May 17, 2006 7:30 pm

I think you've mixed up your consonants, horses never were very good with a keyboard, the b isn't anywhere close to the w :P
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Tue May 23, 2006 11:38 am

~

:shock: :rofl: :rofl:

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Wandering but not lost » Thu May 25, 2006 4:31 pm

Wow look at the oldbies in this thread! Its like a TORC Geriatric home... :-p

Just stopping by to say hi since I saw a lot of familiar faces :) Like usual, I'm always wandering. ;-)
Wandering but not lost
Mariner

Postby Shadowfax » Thu May 25, 2006 5:26 pm

Wandering but not lost wrote:Wow look at the oldbies in this thread! Its like a TORC Geriatric home... :-p

Just stopping by to say hi since I saw a lot of familiar faces :) Like usual, I'm always wandering. ;-)

You need to type in all caps now..................our hearing is gone! :lol:

Good to see you again Wandering!

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby Wandering but not lost » Fri May 26, 2006 2:17 pm

Did anyone notice that on this page every poster started either in or before 2001? Just thought that was an interesting thing to note. Probably the only thread on the message board that is active that is like that I bet.
Wandering but not lost
Mariner

Postby Galhadrim » Sat May 27, 2006 8:28 am

What's really amazing to me is that I'm the young buck around here and I still feel like I've been on TORC forever.

Galhadrim
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)