OOC: The Last War

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OOC: The Last War

Postby luthiens_beren » Thu May 05, 2005 5:48 pm

Blackness impenetrable. The Void.

For hundreds of years his spirit roamed the endless darkness of the Void; hate, anger, and malice emanating from his less than corporeal form. His endless screams of frustration, his endless curses of the Valar, Tulkas and Manwe chief among them, and his endless screams of vengeance against all goodly creatures of Arda could not be heard by anyone save for himself and Iluvatar.

Shifting. Something was shifting and he could feel it as it pulsed throughout his prison. Curious, his black heart now nursing some hope that he might exact revenge on those who caused him so much trouble and pain, he sought out the source of the disturbance.

There it was. There was the source. A rift had been torn in the Void.

He stepped through.

Melkor had come.

“Ye stupid stealin’ rat!” cried Krakoz as the orc beside him grabbed the big chunk of mutton out of his hand, “I gonna gut ye like...” He never finished the threat as a great earthquake shook all of Middle-Earth. The air crackled with sheer power as Melkor stepped back onto Ea. His voice like thunder rolled over the lands from Forodwaith to Harad as he used his great might to shape the Mountains of Angmar, Carn-dum, the once great fortress of the Witch-King, among them, with that of Ered Mithrin into his new stronghold

At seeing the spectacle of Acharn Orudrin (Mountains of Vengeance) being created, Krakoz and those around him all bowed and whispered “master” under their breath.

Yes, Melkor, or more commonly known as Morgoth, had indeed come.

And woe to the world.

This takes place in the Fourth age, two hundred years after King Elessar passed from Middle-Earth. All the lands are in relative peace and all are prospering greatly reaching new heights in splendor and glory.

The Shire, and all the surrounding lands, including the Grey Havens, have systematically been destroyed. All the Free Peoples; Hobbits from the Shire, Dwarves from Erebor and the Iron Hills, Men from Arnor and from the Dale, and the few Elves that still wander throughout Middle-Earth flee from what seems like endless hordes of Orcs and Uruk-hai.

His forces in the North have not yet reached the strength he desires but he has subjected Easterlings to his rule as well as Haradrim in the South promising the spoils of war once Osgiliath and Minis Tirith are sacked. Also, two Istari, who fell from grace as Saruman the White did, are under his rule stirring orcs and other fell beasts in Mordor.

All the Free Peoples, being threatened on two fronts, have no hope of victory over Morgoth and his minions. It will indeed be the end of the world.

Small, wandering groups of Hobbits, Men, Elves, and Dwarves all meet up on the border of Rohan on their way to warn the two great Realms of Men. This is where all of our characters meet and are brought together by an attack of a marauding group of Easterlings numbering near three hundred. Our group is ready for it (being forewarned by an Easterling-my character which I will post his bio at a later time) but only one hundred are seasoned fighters consisting of Dwarves, Men, and Elves. A hundred and fifty more are made up of old and young men alike and a few hobbit archers as well as some wielding short swords or long daggers.

This isn’t as detailed as I’d like it to be (too many ideas floating around in my head to make them all concrete) so if you have any questions feel free to ask and I’ll reply. And if you have any suggestions put them out there and we’ll decide if they’re good or not.

The only rules are: No all-powerful and perfect characters. Such as great magic abilities and such. Be realistic. Make your characters unique but not that unique. Follow the Prancing Pony RP rules.

The only events I foresee in the story are us coming together and fighting the battle with the Easterlings, retreating to Edoras and warning them, then ultimately retreating to Minis Tirith where a call for volunteer groups to scout out the north which we will answer. We’ll go see what Melkor is up to then come back and go wherever the war takes us. Not all of what I just said has to happen. We can improvise as we go along.

Hope this interests you!

Luthien’s Beren

luthiens_beren
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Fri May 13, 2005 3:45 am

Hey, It sounds interesting.. I was wondering if I could join.. Here is a small run down on the character I would like to RP as...

She is a Maia who was sent to Middle Earth to help, however upon arrival she loses her memory and only has fleeing visions. She's also a pretty decent swordswomen and can manipulate flame that resides in her jade braclet...

How does that sound for not superhuman perfect?? If you dont like the Maia aspect I could change it however just becaues she is one doesnt make her perfect..

Anyway I'll post a bio if I get the ok..

Ciao

Tathiel
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby luthiens_beren » Sat May 14, 2005 9:56 pm

Welcome, Tathiel.

Finally someone has resoponded! Yay!

The only Maia that I was counting on bringing into the RP was Radhgast (sp) (if he was still in Middle-Earth) and that was going to be later on. But now that I think about it, it'll be alright if we start out with a Maia. Tathiel, you are the only one aloud to have a Maia. No more, please.

My only requests are, use your character as more of a guide like Gandalf was. And don't go around shooting fire balls at orcs. The rest of us want some fun! Don't make her too powerful, slaying balrogs left and right and such. Just keep in mind that your character is to be a small part of the story, but an essential one.

And about the whole memory thing. I think it's a cool idea, but hold back a little on it. Let it play out as the story goes along. Don't come right in and say, "I don't have a memory!" Let it be a subtle thing that eventually gets solved in time adding even more to the story. Remember, the main story is just trying to survive Morgoths onslaught.

Go ahead and post her bio. I'm still not done with mine. I've been a little busy with finishing school for the year.

I won't start the story thread until more people join.

Navaer!

Luthien's Beren
luthiens_beren

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Sun May 15, 2005 2:05 am

I'll post my bio on my next post.. I'm still fixing some things.. anyway about being a Maia, dont worry I'm not going to make my character some superhuman creature that kills off everything with a wave of her hand....
She is going to be reserved and is kind of in the background only offering help when it is needed.. and even then its not going to be much.. lol :D
also about the memory.. yeah I know not to tell them straight off that I dont have one however when she is asked questions like where did you come from or how you got here.. it will be apparent..

anyway i hope more people join so we can get this thing going!! :D :D

Ciao
Tathiel
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby luthiens_beren » Tue May 17, 2005 8:28 am

My bio is almost complete. I'll post it on here either tonight or tomorrow.

Most people don't make their characters superhuman, but some people that have joined an rp that i'm in have before so i just wanted to make sure.

Of course, if she's asked questions, she won't remember them. I just don't want to make it a big thing right in the beggining. All the characters will have other things to worry about. But it could prove to be useful as the rp goes along. What exactly did you have in mind for her?

Yes, please, more people join.

Luthiens_Beren
luthiens_beren

Postby feaguire » Sat May 21, 2005 8:05 pm

This is cool, can I join?

The thing that drew me to this RP was the name. I have started an RP called The Final War. Tathiel is apart of that one too. Its wierd.

Anyway, I might be an Elf who is from the Grey Havens, but her home and family were destroyed by Melkor's armies. I'm not sure...

Hope its okay for me to join! :D

Fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby corintur » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:38 am

hey! I would like to join, I haven't RPed for a long time...

I have to think of a new chrachter I think, none of mine fit...
Last edited by corintur on Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
corintur
Shield Bearer

Postby feaguire » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:51 pm

Hey! Someone else!

I've been checking this thread for days, but still haven't gotten a response to see if I can join.

Fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby fras » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:18 am

i'd like to join

havent rp'd in an age, but id like to try it... emmmm do i need a bio here?
fras

Postby MeganBaggins » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:38 pm

Hey Luthiens_Beren! This sounds like it could be a great RP! It sounds like You sure know your silmarillion! (I don't encounter many people who know much about middle earth's anciant history.) I would love to join if you would let me. I am quite an experience RPer (you can check one of my old RP's out if you search the title "Mad Kings and Scheming Lords".

I was thinking of playing a human for this Rp, or possibly a half elven.
Hmmm....I may even be able to take on two char's if you need another male in the group. Tell me what you think. :)
MeganBaggins
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:15 pm

Hello Luthiens_beren!

I was just going through the threads here after a long absence and was happy to see some new RPs. I have been in 4 RPs so far, one of which had an unfortunate short history, and I can't even recall the same of that one. Hmmm....

My other RPs have been (in chronological order):

Quest for the Forgotten Lands (finished)
The Prophecy (my own RP; active, but extremely slow)
Teherin's Secret (still active)

I have played three different characters so far: my favourite is Hitharien in my own RP, half Elf, half human, which she has not found out yet. She is the best developed character and the one I started out with. In Teherin's Secret I play a Dwarf, Derin Snowfist, my only male character as yet; and then I played a rather naive Elvish girl, Silwen, (bad anme choice...) in the very short-lived RP.

For your RP, if you would allow me to join you, I would create a new character. No idea if it will be a man or a woman, but certainly a human in either case. I tend towards creating a man, really. I need to come up with details soon, and if you have any suggestions as to what kind of person might be useful, just let me know.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby atalantea » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:27 pm

This is interesting!!!! :D
I'd like to join!!! :D
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby Silwen » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:03 am

I think this RP is not going to happen at all because no one ever responds to posts here. :? I'm out.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby atalantea » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:58 pm

Oh... okay... well then, I'm out too... :whistle:
:horse:
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)