OOC:A Return Home

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Lithtaur16 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:54 am

Mellaurelom wrote:Yes, Faith, it's lovely :) Except that the object of my affections has run off :shock: How dare he! Ah well, if it takes a long time, that will add yet more spice to the relationship, and if nothing comes of it, at least it will make for a fun ride...

Did he happen to leave anything behind? 8) You're friends with a hound now, remember? A rookie and half a warg, but still a hound.

Just kidding, Angelus. :wink: I take no responsibly for Musie making Farah nervous after one of her newest, and potentially favorite, masters though. :P :lol:

Not going to be able to post today due to two essays and a night class :( , but the hound will be snooping around tomorrow for sure. Have a good night y'all! :)
Lithtaur16
Ranger of the North

Postby Mellaurelom » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:27 pm

yes Lith, I'm very happy that the hound is there. farah will be a comfort to miss Mell, and now everyone in the taproom gets to gawk at her! :)
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby Lithtaur16 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:49 pm

sneaks in since english let out early

Mell- :oops: Actually I was implying that, after everyone's rested enough for a hike, she'd at least try to track Angelus down if you could find something of his or if she were to become anxious enough to go sniffing around for his trail herself. Probably won't be much help now that he's been through water and the trail's going cold but as long as Mell stays with the hound and vice versa then that may or may not be going against what he asked Farah to do. :wink:
Lithtaur16
Ranger of the North

Postby Mellaurelom » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:08 pm

Well, I think he just told her to stay with Mell. So if Mell gets anxious about him and goes out hunting for him, obviously Farah will have to go along, right? And Mell's not dumb, she'll make use of the nose presented to her :wink:

So what we do is wait to see if he decides to come back in or not! Mell will probably stay until Hue gets there, she's missed him, but if Angelus still hasn't turned up she will definetely go hunting :twisted: She might even talk some of Faith's folks into going with her, since Teth, Borin, Heather, Trystan and Aleser at least all know him, and the rest of Faith's party will at least know OF him fairly soon (I assume).

Mell's got to apologize for her dreadful behavior up in her room! :oops:
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby Angelus_Fontaine » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:41 pm

Mellaurelom wrote:
Mell's got to apologize for her dreadful behavior up in her room! :oops:

Dreadful? Actually I found it quite charming :whistle: Ya know I believe I left my leather satchel on my chair. You aren't thinking about going through it are ya Mell? =:) :wink:

Lith I don't think that mighty hound huntress would have any problem tracking me down. I'm wondering if I should expect a visitor anyway, just not sure if the bait will be taken. After all I'm now a hunted man :( and there's lots of nasties out there. I'm so alone and ohhh so very vulnerable :roll: Woe is me Woe is me :rofl:

*waves to everyone*

Looking forward to Hue's arrival but I might miss it :shock:
Angelus_Fontaine
Shield Bearer

Postby Tethairwen » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:48 pm

Except that the object of my affections has run off

I'm so alone and ohhh so very vulnerable

Woe is me Woe is me

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You guys really take the cake!

And Angelus, you must make sure you are back for Hue's arrival!

Teth
Tethairwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Mellaurelom » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:00 pm

Well, then I suppose I should get nervous soon then and go running after him so I can drag him kicking and screaming back to the inn in time for Hue's arrival. :) Though the idea of Angelus naked in a spring fed pool also has its charms... :twisted:

Let me adjust my previous post to go back to the same table we were at, and notice the pack.... okay, Mell's back at the old table, still looking for Angelus.
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:39 pm

Faith_Hawking wrote:OK now… Everybody in the POOL!!!!!!!

Oh no, no, no, no, nooooooo. You do NOT want to see Cornelius in a bathing suit of any shape or form, trust me . . .

Speaking of which, my muse seems to have abandoned him . . . shameless tart that she is . . .

stalks off to find muse and . . . convince her . . .

:D:D:D

Mellaurelom wrote:Though the idea of Angelus naked in a spring fed pool also has its charms... :twisted:

:shock: :shock: ??????
Last edited by SilverScribe on Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Mellaurelom » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:43 pm

Cornelius....bathing suit....AAAAAAACK!!!!!! Brain short circuting! Help! Flash me more hot guys! Where's Faith's sig agin, I gotta go look a cute guys..... :rofl:

Okay, Faith, you evil, evil woman! I love it! :lol: :lol:
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby Katrel_Morwen__ElfWitchRP » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:26 pm

Mellaurelom wrote:
Though the idea of Angelus naked in a spring fed pool also has its charms...

and now........ exposed and vulnerable ... sans garments... poor baby....

a dignified escape is elusive... without aide.

Mell, bring fig leaves :D

Angelus

:twisted: I simply couldn't resist.
Katrel_Morwen__ElfWitchRP
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Mellaurelom » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:31 pm

Why would I want to bring fig leaves? I may just join him... :twisted:

:roll: I suppose I could bring his pack, of course I have to find him first... :wink:

I think I'll let him sweat for a bit, though... :twisted:
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:41 pm

Mell can I help find Angel Please, please, please .

Oh wait I'm a male dwarf. Darn.

I'll have to come up with a female character...LOL

Have fun Mell watch out for witches there's one with an eye on your man...

Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Mellaurelom » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:45 pm

Oh, now he's my man, huh? I'll take it, thanks!

Of course we have to see what HE thinks of the idea...
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby Flame-of-Udun » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:08 pm

Hahaha...hilarious post Katrel....great posts everybody :)

Mell wrote:
Of course we have to see what HE thinks of the idea...

Well, if I had a man sitting in a pool with no clothes in sight .... I´d say who cares ? 8)

*bats eyelashes at LaCroix and sighs*
I think you´re right and we better go back - before I do something stupid ;)
Flame-of-Udun
Shield Bearer

Postby Mellaurelom » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:04 am

Flame- yeah, I'm not sure it I should jump in and join him, giggle at his predicament, or what. I suppose I could hold his remaining clothes hostage...though I'm not entirely sure if he even HAS a spare set in that mysterious pack of his, hmmm, better check it out.... :lol:
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby Faith_Hawking » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:37 pm

Scribbles wrote:
Oh no, no, no, no, nooooooo. You do NOT want to see Cornelius in a bathing suit of any shape or form, trust me . . .

Speaking of which, my muse seems to have abandoned him . . . shameless tart that she is . . .

stalks off to find muse and . . . convince her . . .

*Dangles a jug of the Pot's finest ale before "Cornie's Muse nose"
"Come out come out wherever you are...come play with all the
pretty maids... they're all in a row......." :D

Borin
Ermmmmm, I have feeling you didn't see Landa's post conversation with you. (And Faith wouldn't say no to a rescue by the gallant dwarf) ... before she starts acting like an idiot. :lol:

Angelus
Can't wait to see how you manage to get out of that perdinkiwink. :D :P

hmmm... gots two boys with nothing to do... anyone think it time for a minor squabble over who's gonna dance with one of the ladies? Any volunteers? "Arthal and Ja'Sen"
Faith_Hawking
Shield Bearer

Postby luthienelflover » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:44 pm

Faith, it seems Soj is going to be gone for about a week, and I'm bored :P so if you wanted to bring Or'Dan back into contact with Luthien, it'd be fun :D But don't feel like you have to. I can put my Muse to work on other RPs. :)
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Mellaurelom » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:51 pm

Well, at the moment Mell is sitting all alone at a table, and I don't think those two know about her, ummm, involvement with a certain easterling... Besides, it might do him good to have to sit for a dance or two wondering how he's going to get out of his predicament... :lol: You know, heighten the tension. And it might be a good way to get the info about him circulated among that group. Oh, and Farah is there, and nobody else has seen her yet, ummm Teth might be up for being snatched away for a dance on someone else's arm. And I believe Luthy is now free as well...
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby Faith_Hawking » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:53 pm

Luthy
Or'Dan would be absolutely delighted... perhaps see the young lad slip off toward the "privies" for a pause of relief. ;) and no fool our Ranger... will take full advantage of the situation. So be my guest and clear the way for him :D ... a slight smile when he catches her eye is all the incentive he'd need.

Mell that's be great... I'll get those two squabbling in short order. :D I'll be gone for a couple hours... so post won't go up til later.
RL can be such a deterent to FUN... ;)
Last edited by Faith_Hawking on Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faith_Hawking
Shield Bearer

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:53 pm

Faith, give me a little and I'll get a new character in there. :D
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Faith_Hawking » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:59 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!....

and there's also oh so serious brother dear ... ;)
Faith_Hawking
Shield Bearer

Postby luthienelflover » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:02 pm

Faith, sounds great. I'm supposed to be doing some statistics stuff right now (me? Procrastinate? Never! :shock::angel: ) so I'll probably have a post up later today. :)
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Tethairwen » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:24 pm

Faith - I hope I didn't mess up on my last post... if you have a suggestion, I'd be happy to edit. I guess I'm not very good at the romantic stuff, so I tend to avoid it. :oops:

Teth might be up for being snatched away for a dance on someone else's arm.

Sure, whatever works... I'm beginning to get stuck here, and I'm afraid I can't blame teh musie. Plain ol' inexperience is my excuse... I'd welcome any help I can get. ;)

Teth
Tethairwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:43 pm

Alrighty Faith, you can choose which of your gentlemen is bumped into. ;)

Just remember, she's NOT a beauty, so don't describe her enthusiastically. :P Pretty perhaps, but mostly cheerful and kind, that's Tasar.

Here's a pic.
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:33 pm

Gack, I am terrible at writing dialects and accents. Forgive me if I mess Or'Dan's speech up terribly. B^ Also, if I assign him anything he wouldn't have done, of course smack me...
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby erinhue » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:04 pm

Old writer's secret. When trying to portray a dialect, don't.

It is better to look to word choice and sentence structure rather than to try and write each word as the dialect would pronounce. Chose one word or phrase in the distinctive pronunciation to add the flavor of the dialect to your character's speech and let the choice of normal words and the way you put them together illude to the dialect you want to portray

Other wise the passage is difficult to read, may not come out sounding to the reader the same way that you intended, it takes the reader out of the story while they try to figure out what you are saying; you could wind up having your character interpreted in a manner that you did not intend ( he could sound overly harsh, or doltish she could sound silly and childish etc)
erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby luthienelflover » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:11 pm

Normally I'd agree with you, Hue, (at least partially because I simply can't do it :P) but it's someone else's character I'm writing for, and I have to try to stick to her portrayal. :)
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Faith_Hawking » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:36 pm

Teth … no, on the contrary… you carried it off very well. :D True, Wolfe gives the impression of being free with the ladies… (which he usually is… just out for a good time…etc. ;) But he also recognizes the difference between a tavern wench, a patron there for R&R and a lady. (not necessariliy a LADY.)
And rest assured…he’s good company and knows to keep his hands to himself unless invited.

Yeee Gads… Faith is considered a “LADY” but she’s yet to accept that mantle with attitude or behavior… much to her brother and Trystan’s chagrin. *glances @ Aleser…… until lately … might be hope for her yet. :lol:

As for “romance”: all me boys are well bred … but naturally flirts… if the door is opened to them they will woo … As for the two younger lads… they are of an age to feel their oats but these fellows will behave (family board not withstanding)… or Landa will have them mucking out stable stalls. (Unless a slip of the hand, or a careless innuendo is planned for confrontation purposes.)

In Chiara’s case, it’s to become a courtship. ;)

Now RAULDAC.. he’s another chapter LOL.

It is fun pairing up to a degree, but so is tom-foolery, and hopefully a little intrigue, action, disruption etc.
Keeps things from getting boring.

Luthy You did just fine with Or’Dan… he’s not heavily accented; more of a lazy tongue which comes from the rather solitary life of a ranger. At this point in time, seeing Luthy is open to comradary will make him relax…

Brave, intelligent, an elite warrior … ladies scare him :lol:

He’s world wise, and sees you for the woman you are showing him, and is not judgemental. Perhaps later, after she see’s he’s an honorable man and she becomes more comfortable, he might encourage her to ease her troubled mind and trust him enough to confide. :D

Spirit thanks for the info… I’ll surprise you ;) hmmmmmmmmmm. Lol

OK… off to wake up the muse…
*poke poke*
Time for work… lazybones…
(Are female muses as hard to wake up as males?) *grumbles*

:D
Last edited by Faith_Hawking on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Faith_Hawking
Shield Bearer

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:39 pm

Please, I prefer Willow. Spirit sounds like a cheerleader to me, something I'm very not . . . no offense meant to any cheerleaders of course ;)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Mellaurelom » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:43 pm

Okay, the hunt for Angelus has begun.... :whistle:

Faith, I have the utmost respect for you, writing so many parts, I hope you can keep them straight! :)

Willow, welcome! And good writing for you too!

Teth, you are the only one who knows that Angelus isn't around and I'm going after him, do with that info what you will... :twisted:

Great posts all!
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)