Mods Please Lock!

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Mods Please Lock!

Postby The-Pirates-Council » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:16 am

The fog dissolved from around Caligo as he and the stern of the ship passed through the portal, which immediately closed. Cal opened his eyes and saw the deep blue sea Belegaer, The Great Sea, surrounding the ship. It's clear waves splashed against the side of the ship rocking it steadily, like a baby in its mother's arms. He took a deep breath as the breeze blew through his hair ruffling it, making it more a mess than it already was. He looked around at the rest of the crew, they all stood, like him, staring out at the beautiful sea. The sun was warm and inviting and clouds billowed up from the horizon. He had forgotten how breathtaking this place really was. Cal gripped the wheel and looked over to Roberts, who was still standing next to him, and said "Well lad, do you know where exactly we have come out at?" Roberts stood up straighter and looked all around trying to see if anything was familiar to him, so he could pinpoint where they were. Off in the distance, a little to the right, there could be seen a peninsula of land which they judged to be the west corner of Gondor near Anfalas and the Green Hills. The looked at some old maps of Cal's, of Middle-earth, and figured that they were not far from the Bay of Belfalas. After they had discussed the matter further it was decided that they would travel to the City of the Corsairs first then travel on foot to Gondor.

The day was already mostly spent by the time they got underway, sailing at a steady pace to southeast, straight for Umbar. Cal stood at the tiller most of the day with Roberts next to him helping direct the ship in the right direction. The rest of the crew went about their business, cleaning and repairing and carrying out any orders Cal gave to them.

As night fell most of the crew disappeared below deck, either to get some food from the galley or to get some sleep. Cal was alone on the poop deck staring up at the night sky. Mortuus's daughter was the only other on deck. She was leaning over the edge of the ship looking at the stars reflecting off the water, when suddenly she stood up with a gasp and a frightful look on her face. "Uncle Cal!" She said running over to him. She liked to call him uncle although he truly was not. "There is someone in the water!" She yanked on the edge of his coat trying to pull him over to the edge of the ship. He smiled at her thinking she had just seen her refection or something, but played along and walked over with her pulling him by the hand. "See look!" She pointed to the water and leaned over. Cal leaned over with a smile but gasped when he saw a body floating a little ways out. "MAN OVERBOARD!" He yelled running back over to the wheel and steering the ship closer. Some of the crew came running from below deck to see what the commotion was and quickly ran about getting ropes and such to hoist the man aboard. Mors ran out with a scared look on his face but was relieved when he saw Emily was safely standing next to Cal.

They finally were able to get the man aboard, soaked and not breathing. Robin ran up telling everyone to back away so she could give him CPR. The man sputtered and gasped as the air came into his lungs. He moaned and looked around at all the people standing around him. He went to say something but the words did not come out clear, then he tipped over unconscious. "Quick get him below deck and dry him off!" Cal ordered "And if he awakes again come get me." They nodded and lifted the man up and carried him below. But he didn't wake for three days, until they had passed through the Havens of Umber and came to the City of the Corsairs.

Cal

Note: Be sure to click on the links for pictures, or visit this site for a map.
Last edited by The-Pirates-Council on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The-Pirates-Council
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tethcelebel » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:19 pm

Celebel stumbled into Carnil a bit as they entered Middle Earth. She breathed in a deep breath, smiling. somehow, she recognized it. perhaps i'll be able to find out about my parents here...

Finally at night, she went below deck to get some much-needed sleep. After an hour or so, she woke by the loud footsteps going down the hall towards Robin's quarters. Celebel hurried out to see a couple of the crew carrying a man between them. she hurried after them.

"Anything i can do to help, Robin?" Celebel asked as she watched Robin take care of the man.

"Not at the moment," Robin replied, "go get some sleep."

Celebel wandered back to her room and fell into an exhausted sleep. After three days, her shoulder was feeling better, if a bit sore. She sat in the kitchen with Cookie, helping in any way she could. Robin wandered in, yawning.

"Celebel, would ye mind watchin' over th' man?" Robin asked, "I'd like to get up on deck..."

"Of course," Celebel stood up, wiping her hand on her pants, "go get some air." She strode out with her friend and whispered, "Tell Blade i say hello."

Robin flushed, grinning before climbing the stairs. Celebel sat in the chair next to the bed where the man lay sleeping.

I wonder who you are... she mused thoughtfully.

Teth
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:07 pm

Walking up onto the main deck Robin breathed in the fresh smell of Middle Earth. It had beem quite some time since she had last been to middle earth and probly even longer For her twin Carnil. He had left with their father back when she was only six years of age as she was left with her elven grandmother.

"Mmm, it's been to long since I returned back home" she muttered softly thinking that no one else would hear her.

"Not long enough in opinion!" a troubled voice said from behind her. Robin went to turn around quickly but was stoped by a pair of strong arms wrapping around her slim waist, "Evenin' my love" he whispered softly into her ear.

Robin placed her arms onto of the ones securing her waist, " Evenin' Blade" she smiled leaning back into his chest tilting her hear so that she could listen to his heart beating.

Blade moved his left arm up so that his forarm went across her chest and his hand rested onto Robin's right sholder, "Ye sound tiard?" he replied bending his head down resting his cheek on top of her head.

Robin yawned slightly, "I'm just a bit tiard from that spell I did with Gloam is all" she replied softly snugling her head into her love's chest.

Her coment cought him by suprise, "Are ye sure yer alright Robin? I mean ye never have been this tiard befer with a spell?" he asked conserned about this recent change in her.

"I don't see any other reasion for me to be exousted after casting a spell that large after bein' awake fer 24 hours strate?" she replied with a shrug. Turning around in his arms, "I'm cold!" she said suddenly looking up into his eyes and smiled.

Blade leaned down and captured her lips with his kissing her deeply, "I be just headin' down there me-self" he whispered without removing his lips from hers.

Robin smiled after they kissed once again, "I can't wait untill we reach port?" she giggled softly.

Blade cought on and chuckled softly, "Aye, I think we'de be better off makeing sure the door be locked so Carnil dosen't walk in on ye like ye did ta him " he replied trying not to laugh.

Robin brought her head back and gave Blade an stern look, "That be not funny!" she replied slapping him playfully on his arm.

Blade only grined, "Hey, easy there tiger!" he chuckled mocking a massive injury on the arm she had slaped.

Robin only shook her head, "Would ye just walk me back down below? I need ta check on the man that was pulled out earlyer and wake Carnil up so he can keep an eye on him for me while I get some rest" she replied.
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Carnil_RP » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:39 pm

Carnil was half a sleep in a spair hamic that was hanning in the hold of the ship. He had not gotten much sleep the night before, his thoughts drifted back to the sight of Celebel sleeping soudly agenst his chest as a silly grin grew unknowingly across his face.

"Hey" a womans voice replied when his hamic started to swing violently back and forth.

"What in the name of Lord Ulmo" he cried out grasping onto the hamic so that he would fall out of it and onto the hard floor below. "Robin" he yelled when he saw his sister, who was now hidding some what behind Blade's tall well built body laughing hystaricaly,"Robin! you had better give me one good reasion why I shoulden't.." he begain to say.

"Easy, there" Blade chuckled "we need ye ta keep an eye on the man that was pulled out of the sea earlier" he replied trying his best to keep Robin from being strangled by her brother.

"We?" Carnil asked stopping in midstep when he heard that word "what do ye two be meaning by "we"? he asked.

Robin blushed slightly, "Well Blade and I have been up for over 24 hours and we are hedding of to get some sleep. It that a good enough explination for you?" she asked her prying brother.

Carnil looked from Blade then to his sister and then back again, "Who's watching the man now?" he asked still think over his sisters anwser.

"Celebel" Blade replied quickly, Robin had already told him that she had agreed to watch over the stranger so she could go up on deck.

Carnils eyes light right up, "Alright, i'll see ye both in the morn" he repplied truning quickly for the door.

"Hold it right there Carnil Legolin Greenleaf"Robin called out firmly. Hearing his fullname called out in that tone made his cringe, "Now where in our mothers good name do you think your going?"

Carnil truned around slowly only to see Robin staring coldly at him, "Um...." he started to reply but then he realized that words were usless at that moment because he was busted.

"Exactly my point!" she continued but then a calming smile came over her face "If I were ye I would wait untill the captain grants us shor leave" she said calmly.

Carnil blushed slightly, "Aye," he replied quietly, he didn't want to get into explaining that he had told Bell that he would wait untill she was ready, before he would ask anything other than friendship from her. "Ye need your sleep sis, ye had a long day and all. I'll come and get ye if anything changes with him" he replied.

"He be right Love," Blade replied softly as he began rubbing Robin sholder blades gentaly, "Night Carnil," he nodded.

After Robin and Blade had left the hold Carnil couldn't help but feel smething was wrong with his twin but he just couldn't place it. Shrugging it off he headed off towards the large cabin that Robin was using for her patient.

Giving the door a soft knock, "Bell ye in here?" he asked softly so that he wouldn't desturbe the newcomer.

"Aye" she replied softly.

"So how is he?" he asked closing the cabin door and walking over to her.
Carnil_RP
Citizen of Imladris

Location: Hidding from my sister Robin Greenleaf in a near by tavern!

Postby Tethcelebel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:06 pm

Celebel was sprawled in the chair, struggling to keep her eyes open when the knock came on the door. She smiled as she recognized Carnil's voice and replied that she was still in the room.

"Hello," Celebel whispered, looking up at him, "he's doing alright i guess...still asleep." she cocked her head, "I heard yelling...what was that all about?"

"Hm..." Carnil shrugged, sitting in the other chair, "My sister and i were havin' a disagreement. Robin told me to come keep an eye on 'im which i seemed too eager to do when Blade told me ye were here as well...then they told me i didn't have shore leave." He glanced at Celebel, waiting to see what she would say.

"Ah...so they think..." Celebel arched an eyebrow, thinking for a few moments. "Your sister missed 'er calling," she muttered under her breath.

"Matchmaker?" Carnil chuckled as she nodded, "I'm sorry i did not tell them that i--you--we..." he stopped, flushing a deep red.

"No worries, Carnil," Celebel stretched, failing to stifle a huge yawn, her eyes tired, "I learned a long time ago to not care what others think so long as you know the truth and whoever needs to know the truth does."

"Ye should get some sleep," Carnil told her, seeing how tired she was.

"Aye, i should," Celebel shrugged, "but i promised Robin i'd watch over 'im for her so she could have some time with Blade..." she motioned towards the man laying motionless on the bed, a small twinkle in her eyes as she looked at Carnil.

"Are ye sure ye didn't miss your callin'?" Carnil teased, then his eyes became serious. "There's two beds," he stood and pulled her up, leading her firmly to the other one, "Sleep, Bell. i'll stand watch over 'im."

"Wake me if ye need anything..." Celebel murmured, too tired to protest. she fell into a restful sleep. Carnil gently covered her with a blanket, allowing himself to brush his fingertips across her cheek. He grinned as she moved closer to his touch, a small smile gracing her face as she murmured incoherantly. "Sleep well," he whispered, positioning the chair so that he could watch both of them.
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ace_of_Spades » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:57 am

There was a chill in the dark night air as he crept along in the shadows toward the peaceful house. His heart beat fast as he griped the knife tightly in his hand. He took a deep breath as the stillness closed in around him. Every little move or breath he took seemed to screech out in the dead silence like an echo through a cave. There was a light on in the house, which gave a warm glow, and to anyone else would have given a peaceful feel, but he swallowed hard and shifted the knife from hand to hand wiping the sweet from them. He sunk around the back to where there were no lights and quietly opened the window and squeezed through. He was careful not to touch anything that would make a noise as he stepped down from the counter then reached back over and closed the window. His heart beat ever faster as he stepped through the dark kitchen toward the light that streamed under a near by door. Talk and laughter could be heard coming from that room, which let him know they had not heard him yet. He had almost reached the door when his worst fear came true! He bumped some pots that had been sitting on the counter, and they fell to the floor with a loud crash. He cursed under his breath when the voices hushed down and he heard foots steps creaking toward the door. He stepped lightly over next to the door, knife griped tightly in hand, ready for whoever would come through it.

It opened slowly and a man stepped in holding an axe in one hand and a lantern in the other. Now was his chance, he had to do the deed now or it would be the end for him. He held up the knife and stabbed the man in the back. He let out a cry and dropped his lantern, which broke when it hit the floor and lit the rug on fire. He pulled the knife out and slit the man's throat. A woman screamed and came running up to the man whom now lay dead on the ground. Tears were gushing from her eyes as she looked up to see who had done this. He looked at her almost hesitant to kill her as well but knew he had to. So he quickly bent down and slit her throat as well. She gasped and fell over on her husband's body dead. He stepped over them and entered the other room to make his escape but stopped when he saw two small children. Their innocent faces pale white as they stared up at him in horror. He raised the knife and stepped toward them but stopped short and dropped the knife. The little boy held his younger sister tightly in his arms; she was crying and shacking with fear. He had been sent to kill them all but could not kill two innocent children. He rushed past them and out the door, making sure his hood was still covering his face, and disappeared into the night.

Tar awoke with a start and sat up straight in his bed. His eyes wide open, sweet running down his face and he was breathing hard. He stared around the dark cabin wondering where he was, and then suddenly felt a sharp pain in his back. He moaned as he remembered the stab wound in his back. He was about to lie back down when he saw two figures staring at him. "Uh.....Hello?" He spoke softly. "Where am I?"
Ace_of_Spades
Shield Bearer

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:44 am

Robin woke up feeling a little more refreshed, sitting up she raised her haands up above her head and streched. Looking about her she saw Blade was still sleeping across the room. He was leaning up agenst plie of ropes with his arms folded across his chest. Getting up quietly Robin tip toes her way out of the room so that she wouldn't desturb him.

Walking through the gally on her way to her cabin she picked up and apple from the bowl of fruit that Cookie had set out for breakfast "Morn, Cookie. This be a wounderfull morn" Robin smiled.

Cookie looked up from what he was doing, "Aye, that it be Lass. Just ta let ye know we docked not that long ago. Oh and that new guys awake" he replied

"Oh realy now, How come Carnil didn't come and wake me?" Robin asked sounding a little upset at her brother.

"He was oin his way ta get ye but I told 'em ta let ye sleep and that I be sure that he could handle thngs till ye woke up" Cookie explained.

Robin smiled , "Thank ye Cookie, I guess I can let him slide this time" she replied and walked off for her cabin.

Opening the door, Robin saw The man was stiing up and eating a bowel of grule as Celebel sat in a chair. Looking over she saw her brother laying down onto the other bed fast asleep. Walking over to the stranger, "Well I see that your eating, good. Welcome abord the Nox" Robin smiled.

The man looked up at the red haired woman that "aye, so ye must be the doc?" he replied.

Robin smiled, "I be the Healer abord this ship, Now if ye don't mind I would like ta get a good look at ye" she replied as he finished up the last bit of food. Robin walked over and began to remove the man shirt and saw that it was sticking a bit to his back, "whats this " she muttered "Carnil, ye laze mutt. wake up and get my stiching kit" Robin called out walking the man that was asross the room.

Celebel got up from her chair, "We'll ye be here so I think I be goin'" she replied with a nod.

Carnil got up from the bed he was resting on and walked over to a cabinet, "If ye give me a few I'll walk ye ashore" he spoke softly to Celebel "I just have ta help out here and then change a bit" he replied.

Once Robin had pealed away the last of the shirt, she pored some rum onto a clean rag and began cleanning the good sized cut, "Oh Celebel, could ye let the Captain know that he awake, for me?" Robin asked while she threaded her needle.
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby blackthorn » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:46 pm

“The souls of your friends are mine,” The beast reached for Blade with his sharp claws.

“No,” screamed Blade as he tried running. No matter how fast Blade ran, he felt as if his legs were held down with some unseen burden. The beast was always at hands reach trying to rent his soft flesh. The harder he ran the heaver his legs pulled him down. He turned and looked into the gaping jaws lined with hundreds of razor sharp needle like teeth dripping Blood just below a pair of red glowing eyes.

“Mine,” The beast sounded with rage.

Blade turned and ran as fast as his strength would last but he could feel the Beast draining him with every step. Blade found himself in a long hall with out any exits. He could see a figure standing in the distant shadow. It was his Captain.

Caligo stood and watched as Blade flew past him with only a smile. “Run,” Cried Blade to Cal but Caligo only stood and waved him good bye as he past. Blade peered over his shoulder and watched as the beast appeared larger then life. Just as the beast Passed Cal it reached out its long hands and snatched up Cal who was still smiling when the beast slashed his head from his shoulders. Cals head landed in Blades hand still holding his smile and dripping blood all over his hands, “How could you let him kill me,” Spoke Cals severed head. Blade dropped the head at once scared out of his wits. The head of His Captain laughed evilly as it rolled along the hall behind him.

Blade could see two others standing before him as he rushed along the Hall. He could make out Robin and Emily holding hands. As he approached he could see that there was something wrong with them. There faces were Grave white and there eyes held no life in them. There chests were torn open were there harts were spouse to be. Robin lifted her head and looked at him with white eyes. Her hand lifted and pointed an accusing finger to him but she spoke no words. Blades eyes went wide in horror as he looked upon the standing corpses. He fell to his knees and clutched his hands to his face. When he looked back he could see Emily Standing before him. She opened her mouth at blade as if to speak. A sound came from her as if the gates of the under world had been torn asunder and every soul scream for him. Her small mouth widened and maggots and flies spilled forth covering Blades own face.

The demon stood behind the two and laughed, “Mine!”

“Blade, Blade wake up your having a nightmare,’ Robin shook him with her hand. Blade jumped up so quick Robin had to leap back fast to avoid the large man from knocking her down.

“Robin, Robin you’re alive,” He cried in disbelief. “I should hope so,” she teased him.
“I thought….I thought that you were,” Blade couldn’t gather his thoughts fast enough but he still reached out and pulled her close to him, almost smothering her in his large arms.

“Air,” Robin said trying to pull away.

“Oh sorry I didn’t mean to,” he relaxed his arms so he could look at her. Robin smiled at him, “Its ok, bad dreams?”

“You could say that,” he answered feeling more relaxed as he looked into her living and beautiful eyes. “I would say they were, you had been screaming loud enough to wake the dead,” Robin slapped his arm and gave him a smile.

Blade would have staggered back when Robin made the comment about the dead if she was not holding him as well.

“Were in port, “she spoke with a comforting voice. “Good,” answered Blade releasing her, “I need some R and R.”
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tethcelebel » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:03 pm

"Sure," Celebel nodded, turning to Carnil, "I'll wait up on deck for you." she turned and walked out of the room. she waved at Cookie before climbing the stairs up on deck. She breathed in the fresh air, smiling. her eyes soon found Cal standing over by Roberts, talking. she walked over, waiting till they noticed her.

"Capt'n," Celebel said, "Robin wanted me to let ye know that the man's awake."

"Thank ye," Cal nodded, turning to walk below deck.

Celebel stood by the railing, breathing in the beautiful smell of the air. she moved her shoulder a bit, to ease the stiffness. suddenly arms snaked around her waist.

"Hello," Carnil said, feeling her stiffen.

"You shouldn't scare me like that!" Celebel chuckled. His hands began to massage her shoulders gently, easing the stiffness. "mm...that feels good," she whispered, relaxing.

"We'll go ashore in a few minutes, Bell," Carnil told her.

"And where are we going?" Celebel asked, an eyebrow arching.

"Surprise." he replied with a grin.
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Postby blackthorn » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:55 pm

Blade stood on deck and looked at the mountain surrounded city. Sea birds of every size and description flew over the white cliffs and made lonesome calls to there mate or made calls of warning to others who come to close. They darted from nesting areas along the white sloping cliffs holding there precious prized food.

They swooped and turned through the tight building making there way back towards the sea. Blade noticed the city had tight streets and narrow ally ways. People were gathered along the docks unloading various cargos and making other ships ready for sea. The odd shout could be herd over the lapping waters as a captain or quarter master scrolled a member of there crew for dropping a sack of grain or some unknown cargo held in wooden crates. Barrels lined the dock in fine rows ready and waiting for there destined ship. The sight and activity made Blade feel a sense of coming home as he looked at the bustling streets and docks.

The gang plank was lowered and the captain stood at the rail still holding Emily in his arms , “All ashore who is going ashore,” He call out in a marry voice that made Emily slightly giggle. Blade walked up to Cal and stood in front of him, “I,I captain, I hope too have a drink with ya later if we find each other in this city.”

“It would be me pleasure ta let ya buy ,” Answered Cal Giving him a slight smile. Blade reached out and ruffled Emily hair with his big hand, “you be good and no running off now you hear,” Blade said trying not to smile.

“I’ll be good I promise,” She said and gave Blade a hug. Blade couldn’t help it she was infectious as a cold and the hole crew treated her like a princess.

Blade turned and looked to find Robin coming from below deck with her weapons all strapped on including the bow he had given her earlier. She walked up to Blade and grabbed his arm, “Are we ready?”

“As ready as ever,” Blade answered

“Good, then let’s go check out the city,” Robin spoke with adventure in her eyes. Blade nodded and started to head for the gang plank. “Bye captain and sweet Emily see you on shore,” Robin waved to them as she walked holding onto Blades arm.

They walked along the streets admiring venders and small markets selling scrimshaw and other home made products. Blade stopped and watched Robin admire a fabric that had caught her eye or a finely made piece of hand crafted jewelry.

People were rushing about but most were rushing towards the other side of the city. Blade asked a grumpy looking merchant who was trying to sell them a necklace that he clamed had healing properties. Robin whispered into Blades ear that she seen one just like it at a quarter of the price he was asking two stands down with out any magical properties. Blade told him nicely that they were not interested and wondered what all the commotion was all about today in the fine city. The merchant angry about not selling the necklace answered in a grumpy voice, “Some carnival arrived this morning, some thing to do with there ship being late so they decided to entertain until it arrives,” The merchant then lost any interest in the conversation when someone else arrived to look at his merchandise.

Blade walked towards the gathering crowd holding Robins arm proudly. “I love animals do you think they have some exotic ones?” Asked Robin smiling up to Blade. “We shale soon see love,” he spoke and tried to make way through the crowed.

The wagon rolled over the coble stone street pulled by the most decorated horses Blade had ever seen. They had ribbons and strips of cloth attached to there finely braided mains. There harnesses were covered in brass buttons of various shapes and sizes. It looked as a well organized mess.

The horses were only out done by the wagon itself. It had finely crafted carvings inlayed in the rich wood. Some of the various carvings were of animals and symbols. Blade thought they were of a language but if they were it was of one he couldn’t recognize. Entertainers held people at street corners showing there juggling ability or swallowing swords.
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Carnil_RP » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:14 pm

Carnil and Celebel walked down the gang plank and fallowed the crowd that was headed to the other side of the city. Celebel would ask him were they were going but he wouldn't anwser her, but would only give her a slight grin. Once the decorated waggons and horses came into view Celebel eyes grew wide, "Suprise Bell" he finaly replied "I thought that we could have a little fun while we're here." he smiled

"What...what is this?" she asked in compleat awe of the emence crowd and the difrent goings on.

Carnil laughed "Its a carnival, I havent been to one of these since I was a child, Mom.." His voice trailed off
Carnil_RP
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Caligo » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:42 pm

"Capt'n," Celebel said, "Robin wanted me to let ye know that the man's awake."

"Thank ye" Cal nodded. He walked below deck to Robin's cabin and saw the man sitting in up in bed Robin had just finished stitching up the wound on his back. She put away her things then went up on deck; she was going to go ashore with Blade for a while. Cal looked at the short, male elf and said, "Hello lad, good ta see you awake. Me name is Caligo, I'm the captain of this here ship. What be your name?" The elf just stared at him a moment with a strange look in his eye, something about Cal felt very familiar.

"My name is Sagittarius, Tar for short." He smiled weakly and said nothing more.

"Well ye have been out of it for three days. Something terrible must have happened to ya. We found you floating in the water half dead with that wound in your back, ye mind telling me what happened ta get you in that predicament?"

A distant look came across Tarius's face as he recalled to mind what had happened.

The ship rocked softly from side to side as Tar walked down the hallway to the cabin. His heart steady and his fears of being caught under control, he had done this many times before. A light flickered ever so softly under the door. He opened it quietly with one hand as the other found his dagger and held it firmly. He slipped in and saw his target sitting in a chair facing the opposite direction unaware of his presence. He walked straight up behind him and held the knife with confidence over the victim's head about to do the deed but stopped short. He saw a little child curled up on her father's lap. Her sweet innocent eyes and face staring up at him with a smile, that slowly sank as she saw the knife in his hand. The Face of the little boy from long ago flashed into his mind. He remembered the horror in the eyes and the blood covered knife, which dripped onto his hands. He couldn't kill the child then and felt terrible about leaving him without parents, how could he do it again to this sweet little girl. He loosened his grip on the knife and dropped it onto the arm of the chair and backed away. 'I don't want to do this anymore...' He thought to himself. Oh if he could only take back all the evil things he had done over the years, give life back to all the people from which he had taken them. The white faces of his victims flashed through his mind, the blood stained on his hands, the horror on the faces of those who witnessed the murder. How he had grown so used to killing that he could not feel remorse anymore. He turned and walked out to the balcony and looked over at his reflection in the water. But only saw the monster, which he had become. Suddenly he saw a knife rise up behind him, but it was too late it struck him in the back. "Try to kill me on my own ship?" A mans voice called as he fell overboard into the water. After that everything went blank until he woke up aboard the Nox.

Oh course he could not tell this to Cal. If he found out he was an assassin he would be killed on the spot. "I..." He attempted to answer but could not think of a good lie. "I...don't know." Was all he could say. "I can't remember." Maybe faking amnesia would work?

Cal
Caligo
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tethcelebel » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:59 pm

Celebel glanced up at Carnil, seeing his eyes filling with sadness. She placed a hand on his arm, "I'm sorry, Carnil," she said softly. then seh smiled looking around, "Come! You must show me what all to do at this carnival. i 'ave never been to one before."

Carnil brightened, slipping her arm through his as he led her throughout the carnival. As they moved about, they had fun watching the sword-swallowers, admiring the dancers and peddlers. Carnil guided her throughout the many booths and performers. They stopped to look ast some jewlry, then some silk scarves.

Celebel admired a light blue scarf and didn't notice as she kept walking that Carnil stayed behind for a few minutes, bartering. Then Carnil had draped the scarf over her shoulders with a grin.

"Are you trying to relax me, Carnil?" Celebel teased, an eyebrow cocked as she readjusted the scarf so it rested across her arms.

"Is it workin'?" Carnil replied, watching her.

Celebel shrugged with a merry twinkle in her eye. He took her hand, and they continued meandering the carnival. Soon without them realizing it, the time was racing away.

Celebel walked next to him, listening as he pointed out several different booths and performers. i have never had so much fun, she mused thoughtfully, smiling, nor have i felt so safe... she was swiftly drawn out of her musings as loud music began at one end of the carnival.

"Tis preparation for a dance," Carnil grinned, leading her towards the music.

Celebel laughed, allowing him to lead her excitedly towards the colours and music.
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Caligo » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:32 am

Cal only nodded his head to Tar's answer, not knowing weather or not to believe it. He decided to leave it be for now, until he got to know him better. "We'll Tar, do you think you're well enough to go ashore?" Tarius nodded his head in agreement as he pushed himself up out of bed.

The two walked down the gangplank and through the streets until they reached the carnival. Tar was very quite all the while, and from time to time Cal would notice him staring at him with an unusual look on his face. Cal smiled when a lady walked up to them singing jolly songs and asking for a partner to dance with. Luckily she took more of a likening to Tar than himself. He tried to make excuses that he could not dance due to his injury, but that did not stop her from pulling him out by the hand to dance anyway. He chuckled to as he seated himself in perfect view of the spectacle.

Looking around he could see a little boy, who looked much like he had when he was younger, who was dancing with his mother. The smile sank off his face as he watched the two. The father came up and asked politely if he could cut in, the little boy smiled and gladly let him. The parents danced by themselves for a short time before the boy came back and the father picked him up, so the tree of them could dance together. They all giggled and laughed having a merry good time, while Caligo just sat there all alone watching them. His parents had been dead for many years now, and he had never gotten to do anything of the like with them. He fought back some tears, trying to make the cold empty feeling of being alone leave his heart.

Cal
Caligo
Rider of the Mark

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:20 pm

Robin and Blade walked around the Carnival,both having a wonderful time. When the music picked up Robin was able to drag a protesting Blade out onto the dance floor. She didn't know if he was faking not being able to dance or he was just having fun watching her try to keep her toes from being stept on by his large feet.

It wasn't long before the bumped into Carnil and Celebel on the dance floor, "Well it certinaly look like ye both are havein' a fine time?" Blade spoke up pointing out the large smiles upon their faces.

Celebel cheeks were red from danceing (or was she blushing?) Balde and Robin really couldn't tell, " Yes we are, I see the same goes for ye as well" she replied with a chuckle.

Robin looked over and sudenly saw their Captain sitting alone, "I'll be right back, Love." she spoke softly to Blade and pointed off into Cals direction.

Blade nodded "Alright, would ye like me to get ye a drink while we be heading off ta the ale waggon?" he asked Robin nodded yes " I'll bring it over to ye in a few" he replied as he Carnil and Celebel walked off in the direction of a waggon that was piled high with Ale casks.

Robin walked over to Cal "Mind I if have a seat Capt?" she asked softly?

Cal nodded and moved aside "Aye, be my guest?" he replied clearing his throat.

Rboin nodded and sat down next to Cal, "I can see that ye are missin' someone as well!" she spoke softly "I'm not askin' ye to go and spill yer guys out about it. I just wanted ye to know that ye have some good friends among yer crew. Many of us also have loved ones that be taken too soon from us. So ifin' ye be needin' ta talk, in confidence or no we be here for ye." she explained looking out at the people on the dance floor because she new that the last thing Cal needed right now was some one staring at him.

"Aye, i'll be keepin' that in mind Robin." he replied as the other three members of his crew walked over to them. Carnil handed a pint of ale of Cal as Blade handed on over to Robin, "So Captain why are ye not out dancein'" Carnil asked.

"Just not up fer it," Cal replied weekly as he took a drink.

Robin and Celebel both took a long drink and handed their mugs over to Blade and Carnil. Giving each other a sly smirk and a wink the eached grabed one of Cal's hands and begain pulling him to his feet, "Thats no reasion to be sitting here all alone" Celebel smiled, "Come on Captain, how can ye not want ta have a dance with two beautiful young ladys" Robin replied

Cal laughed "How could I pass an offer such as that? I'll be with ye gentilmen a moment" he replied giving in to the ladys persistance. Draping an arm over each of their sholders, Cal walked out onto the dance floor leaving Blade and Carnil's mouths gaping open at the sight of their Captain walking off with there dancing partners.

All edited, I could even make out some of that:oops: .
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby The-dreaded-Pirate » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:34 pm

Roberts tried his best to stay out of Blades way for most of their voyage, but he also kept an eye on both Robin and Carnil. The twins, thought they didn't look it, were like his own children. He was there what they came into the world, heck he was the one that pulled them out of their mother Lilith. Infact he was the one that watched over the two and kept them from harm when ever they would board another ship and comondear their goods.

He couldn't help but noice how much Carnil was like his father but looked like his Elven mother. He was strong willed, a good sailor, and a fearce fighter but he was also kind hearted and gental with thoes he cared for. He watched over Carnil as he would talk with Celebel and how well they worked together, "That a right smart match," Roberts would thnk to himself as he would watch over the two. He knew that Carnil was born for this life and could incorperate a family into a life at sea just as his father had done. Many a sailor thought that Captain Greenleaf was daft to alow his wife and then his twins to live on a Corsair ship.

Then there was Robin; Roberts new of her curse first hand. In fact he was the first to learn of it when the brought the half dead child to the Grey Havens. It was his duty to the family to see that the child would arive safly to her grandmothers home. The old woman told him of the curse that Robin was inflicted with and if it wasn't lifted by the morning of her twentieth birthday she would die a most horrible death. from what he has seen so far he could tell that her fate was comming upon her fast.

First, as it was explained to him, she would begin to grow tiard even if all she had was the most simplest task her strenth would leave her as if she had built an whole ship in one day.

Second, would be unexplained brusing. One day she could be just as normal as can be, reading a book and all of the sudden a whelt would show up as if she had been beaten.

Third, would come unbearable pain. no more of an explaination is needed for that.

Forth, is DEATH! But not just any kind of death. but the most horrifying death possible. A kind of death that would make davy Jones him self runaway screaming like a small child.

Roberts shuttered at that though of how that child would die. "I have ta find out how ta break that curse if it be the last thing I do on the earth" he muttered to himself as he watched her dancing with Celebel and the Captain from afar.
The-dreaded-Pirate
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tethcelebel » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:11 pm

Celebel danced with Cal and Robin, laughing as she whirled about. Cal held one of her hands in his, his body dwarfing her almost to Hobbit size. He danced with them both, smiling. that sad look left his eyes as he enjoyed the dance. one song flowed to the next--a happier and faster gypsy sounding one. Celebel moved faster, allowing the music to encompass her, her motions fluid. She had since tied the scarf about her waist as a sash and allow her hair to fall to her waist, her eyes sparkling, her feet kicking up dust.

"She knows how to dance," Blade remarked to Carnil as they watched the girls dance with their captain.

"Aye," Carnil nodded distractedly, his eyes following Celebel.

Blade took a long swig of his ale before slamming it down onto the table, the noise jarring Carnil. "What do ye say to claimin' our dancin' partners back, eh?" he clapped a hand on Carnil's shoulders, shoving him forward with him.

Celebel stumbled a bit, Cal's hand steadying her. she glanced around and saw Roberts standing off in the shadows, holding a mug of ale, the light causing his eyes to glitter slightly in the shadows. She turned back to the dancing, relieved that it was only Roberts she felt watching her. Suddenly as she twirled about, an arm slid around her waist, causing her to whirl into the person's arms.

"Hello," Carnil grinned down at her.

"I thought i said don't scare me like that!" Celebel shook her head, her frown losing its fierceness by the merry twinkle in her eyes.

"Ah well..." Cal shrugged, guiding her in the dance. He admired the easy way she moved with the music, her face a rosy red from the heat, her breath coming easy but still quicker than normal. The song ended, allowing them both a chance to breathe.

"Looks like Cal got himself a partner," Celebel pointed out, laughing merrily. Carnil chuckled as well, seeing Cal had been captured by a tall raven-haired beauty. Robin was back in Blade's arms, both lost in each other.

Carnil slipped his arms about Celebel as a slower song began to play. Celebel closed her eyes, her head resting against his chest.

"This was a wonderful surprise, Carnil," Celebel whispered softly.

"Glad ye liked it, Bell," Carnil replied, kissing the top of her head before resting his cheek against her head. He saw Roberts getting more ale, his eyes keenly looking at him. Carnil raised an eyebrow in question. Roberts smiled and glanced pointedly at Celebel and then at Carnil, raising his mug slightly. Carnil turned a bright red, glaring as best he could. Roberts merely chuckled, his gaze drifting to where Robin was with Blade.
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_Other » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:06 am

Mors was dancing with Emily, swinging her around, smiling as she giggled. She was just happy to live in the moment. He took her over to get some juice when the song ended and a slower paced one began to play, and ordered ale for himself. He burst out laughing when he saw Cal being flung around the dance with a tall lady that was nearly twice his size. The look of horror in his eyes was obvious as the lady held him tight as if he were a stuffed bear. She had a huge smile on her face as she spoke sweet nothings into his ear. His eyes widened at something she said, and he looked at her about to say something but was cut off when she bent and pressed her lips to his. He managed to pull himself away, sputtering and spitting. The song ended, much to his delight, and he was able to slip out of her hold and rush over to Mors. "Having fun?" Mors chuckled. Cal made no reply but picked up his drink and gulped it down in one swallow.

Cal
The_Other
Petitioner to the Council

Postby blackthorn » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:12 am

. They kept time with the music and followed the crowd around the floor. Blade danced with Robin enjoying the time they spent together. She danced around the floor like only an elf could adding her wonderful voice to the music were she thought it was needed. Blade smile as he listened to her lovely voice and never knew she could sing so well.

“Oh, I must sit to catch my breath,” blade spoke to her merrily.

“Oh, tired love,” Robin teased him still dancing close.

“I am afraid so. You’re more then I can handle,” he winked at her with a coy smile.

“Ok you rest,” she spoke softly; “I will be back in a little wile.”

Blade smiled and nodded to her. She spun around and disappeared into the revelry and song. Blade found a table and planted himself down like an over worked miner giving a restful sigh as he sat back. He grabbed a drink of ale from a roaming maiden and paid well for her quickness. She smiled and thanked him quickly and moved off quickly for another table. Blade watched as Robin laughed and sang, spinning this way and that.

Blade smiled and loved to she her have so much fun he tapped his fingers on the plank table in time with the music.

“She sings lovely,” spoke a voice from behind were Blade was sitting.

Blade turned his head and spoke to the stranger who had just spoken. The man sat at a table just behind Blade to his right. He was dressed in a black robe from head to toe and held know drink in his hand. Blade could tell he held a muscular frame under his robe with wide shoulders. Blade thought it might be from working and toiling in fields all day like most people who joined religious groups to prove there worth or make them more humble to the people or the land. But this man had a feeling of power surround him. Blade couldn’t see his hidden face under his dark hood hidden in shadows. Only his strong chin and fine lips holding a friendly smile were visible.

The smile was enough to make blade relax and answer the friendly comment, “That she does, stranger,” answered Blade keeping his head turned towards him. Blade extended his hand towards the man, “The names Blade, is this you fine city?”

The hooded man smiled and removed his hand were he had it tucked into hid sleeve. He gave blade a firm hand shake and asked him to join him with out giving his name only gesturing with his open hand to a couple of chair that stood unoccupied in front of him.

Blade accepted his friendly offer but allowed the man to have a good look at the weapons that hung at his hip to make sure that if the man tried anything he was well defended.

After Blade settled himself into the new chair he took a drink of his ale.

“Yes this is were I have been living for some time,” Answered the monk to Blades earlier question but still avoided giving his name.

“Have you been enjoying the festivities?” Blade thought to keep up the friendly conversation. The monk shrugged his shoulders as if he cared not for any of it.
“Well,” continued Blade, “it has been fun seeing the sight of your fine city.”

“It’s not my city but I am glade you have been enjoying yourself among the locals,” Before Blade could answer the monk spoke again, “have you played any games yet?”

“No,” replayed Blade, “but I hope too before I retire for the night.”

The monk nodded his head, “would you care for a game of cards,” he asked?

Blade thought it wouldn’t hurt so he decided to take the kind monks offer, “Sure but I hope you are prepared to lose you shirt,” Blade gave a friendly laugh. Just then Blade was touched lightly on the shoulder.

“What have you been up to,” teased Robin as she moved to Blade side. Blade smiled towards her and spoke “The friendly monk here,” Blade gestured with his hand towards the dark figure sitting across from him, “has asked me if I would like to play a game of cards would you care to join us? If that’s alright with you?” asked Blade to the kindly monk.

The monk shrugged his shoulders again and offered Robin the other seat. Robin thanked him and after a small introduction were she asked the monk what his name was he only answered with, “You can call me friend.” She sat down closer to Blade then the monk, “So what shall we play Friend,” she asked? Robin reached down with her left hand and rubbed her sore foot from the long dance. It was sore but she had a wonderful time.
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Wolf_Star » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:15 am

The monk pulled from his sleeve a wonderfully hand painted deck of cards. He then placed them in front of the two, “cut the deck, but only once,” he asked Blade.

Blade reached out his hand for the beautiful cards. The monk’s lips spread in a wide smile with perfected pearl white teeth as he watched as Blades hand reaches out.

Robin gasped at the cards and reached quickly to stay Blades hand, “Don’t!” she spoke, “those are prophet cards not playing cards.”

Blade gave the Monk a dangerous look, “What is this?”

“Your future, if you would like to know,” Spoke the Monk but made no move.

“Blade they are cards of power, I have seen them before and the man who had his read died two days later,” Robin let go of Blades hand and placed her own on the top of a dagger she kept in her belt.

“You wish to kill me,” Asked Blade with anger in his voice.

“The man you speak of was not killed by the cards. If he was killed it was because he ignored the reading and thought it was fantasy instead of a warning. They are not evil I assure you they only tell about what is to come nothing more. They can be a great tool if you use them to avoid a wrong path in your future and take there warning to hart. Besides,” Spoke the monk; “is it not better to know then not. Not every reading is cast in shadow. Some times the out come can be most wonderful perhaps it will tell of a great fortune or friend you would find in the future.” The monk waited for Blade to make his decision.

“It is your choice,” Robin had nothing to offer Blade it was his decision and not hers to see into his own future. She had always wanted to have hers read one day but the story’s that followed the cards was some thing that made her cringe from the unknown. But she had to admit the temptation was always there in the back of her mind. So she looked at Blade and watched for him to make his decision.

Blade looked at the hidden face of the monk and felt as if he was smiling beneath his hood. He then looked at the cards to make his decision. His hand still held in mid air above the deck.

He smiled in his shadowed hood watching the suspended hand already knowing the out come. It was not chance he had stumbled on these two it was written in the stars. He was meant to be here and witness the beginning of the prophecy unfold like a spring flower. He could feel the power of the stars tonight stronger then any other, he felt the gods them self were watching and waiting. And if Blade didn’t or Robin even reach down for the cards what would it mean to the prophecy? The monk shivered at the thought and lost his smile.

Blade looked and from Robin and then to the cards, “well what could it hurt,” He shrugged his shoulders and his hand fell upon the deck.

The monk smiled.
Wolf_Star
Citizen of Imladris

Postby The-dreaded-Pirate » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:27 pm

Roberts walked over to Carnil who was now over talking with the man that was pouring the Ale.

"Might I have word with ye lad?" he asked making the young elf jump.

"Aye, lead the way" Carnil replied knowing that Roberst always perferd to speak in privet.

After they walked into an empty tavern, Roberts looked firmly at Carnil "How much about the curse does she know? And I ant speaking about the lass ye be found of."

Carnil looked down into his half filled mug of ale, "Only that she'll die on her next birthday if its not lifted soon" he replied sadly.

Roberts nodded, "Aye, yer father thought that it be best ifin she didn't know about the full extent of it untill she be old enough" he said in a solom voice.

Carnil's eye flaired, "What the heack do ye meant UNTILL? she's be dying don't ye think noew be the right time or do ye plan on awaiting untill she be laying on her blasted DEATH BED?" he was livied.

"Aye, that why I joined the crew as soon as I found out what ship she be on. Now Laddie, I know ye love yer twin sister, I do as well! I helped pull ye both inta this world and practialy raised ye both rember?" Roberts spoke in a calming fatherly tone. Placing a frim hand onto his sholder, "Look, Robin be already inta the first stages of death! First is a lack of energy. Have ye already see how se tire so quickly?" he asked. Carnil could only nod his reply "I known ye only be wanting what is best for her, so do I and I bet me life that that man she be with does as well. Look we'll let her have this time to be as cre free as she wishes to be, NO matter WHAT the rest of this night has instore fer her, Understand... the four of us be talkin' soon on this" he spoke softly but firmly.

Carnil could feel the tears beginning to sting his eyes "Aye.. The other will be lookin fer us so be best be gitting back" he replied walking out the door of the tavern and off to look for Celebel.
The-dreaded-Pirate
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tethcelebel » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:11 pm

Celebel stood off to the side, chatting with one of the workers at the Carnival who was pouring her a drink. she smiled, taking a long drink. her eyes searched out Carnil, watching as he talked with Roberts. she frowned as she saw Roberts lead Carnil into one of the taverns.

now i wonder what that is all about... she thought, curious. She turned abruptly as a hand touched her shoulder. she glanced up at the man standing before her. she realized he was from the carnival through the colourful way he was dressed.

"Dance?" he smiled charmingly.

Celebel cocked her head, thinking. "No thank you," she graciously declined, "I have had enough dancing for now. my feet are hurting."

"Then do ye mind if i sit and have a drink?" the man persisted.

Celebel shrugged uncommitedly, watching for Carnil. the man began talking with her, asking questions to which she answered half-heartedly. her eyes grew worried as more time past, wondering what was going on. suddenly she saw him walk out, glancing around.

"Excuse me," Celebel stood, tossing a few coins to the bartender. she strode over to Carnil who had finally seen her. her teasing remark was cut short at the sight of the tears in his eyes and his sad demeanor.

"What is it?" Celebel asked, laying a hand on his arm gently. Suddenly he enveloped her in his arms, his head burying itself in the crook of her neck as a child does when he needs comforting. Celebel was startled but returned the embrace, her hand gently stroking his hair. He let her go after a few minutes, his eyes a bit more cheery but still had a haunted look to them.

Carnil smiled down at her, taking her hand in his as they began to walk back towards the dancing. "Where are Robin and Blade?"

Celebel glanced about, standing on tiptoes to see. then she spied them over at a table. "There they are," Celebel pointed and then added in disbelief, "they are sitting with a monk..."
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Postby blackthorn » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:45 pm

When he placed his fingers too the delicate cards he thought he felt a slight sensation shot up his arm. Blade thought it nothing of any importance and continued to separate the deck. He pulled the small pile he chosen and placed it next too the original stack.

Blade drew a deep breath and looked at the monk still shadowed in his hood. He felt no reaction from the monk as he watched him pull his hand from his sleeve once again. The monk pulled the two piles towards him self and regarded the first deck. With his slender fingers he pulled the first card from the bottom half of the deck. He placed it to the side and pulled two small pouches from his belt and poured the contents in each hand.

He looked up at Blade and spoke, “with the pulling of the card you have accepted your fate,” he reached out with his right hand and dropped the contents onto the table in the center. The monk spoke in a powerful voice, “From salt, comes life,”

He then raised out his left hand. “From life comes death,” the monks voice lost none of its powerful tone; Blade believed it was more foreboding as he spoke the second time.

The monk then dropped a handful of ash onto the pile of salt. He reached out his hand and placed it on top of the pulled card. He slowly turned it over for all to see. “Your past,” spoke the monk.

Blade watched as the card was turned it held a picture of a stone tower beautifully painted. “The tower,” spoke the monk, “you have had secrets hidden from the world a long time but they are not gone only waiting to resurface,” The monk reached for the next card. He pulled it and placed it opposite the card he had just turned. “What lies in your hart,” spoke the monk then turned over the card.

The card held a picture of a great lion standing in a thorn bush “you are brave and courage’s when you are unbound from your fears.” The monk pulled another card quickly, “your soul.” He then turned the card over and it showed a man lying in pain, “you are tormented and bound to your fate.”

Blade felt a shiver crawl up his spine and start to plaint roots into his soul as he looked at the card. Robin placed her hand on his shoulder for support as is she had known what he was feeling. She spoke no word only kept her eyes on the table. Blade thanked her with a nod of his head and waited for the next card to be revealed.

The monk then gathered two more cards and then placed them side by side, “your future,” he then turned over the first card “The betrayer.” The monk was pulled back from that card but said no more about it and reached for the next one.

As he was about to turn over the card Robin reached out and held the monks hand from turning and spoke to Blade, “you don’t have to do this we can stop,” in a kind voice. Blade was not happy about the turn of events but he wanted to here the rest. “Thank you Robin but I must here the rest,” He spoke in a shackle voice. Robin looked into his eyes and let go of the monk’s hand.

The monk turned over the last card and spoke, “The fool.” The card held a picture of a court jester juggling three small colored balls.

“What does this mean?” Blade pointed to the last two cards that was dealt out.

The monk pulled his hands back and tucked them into his robe. “I can not tell, they are for you to interpret. I am only here to show them too you as a warning nothing more,” the monk pulled back and waited for blade to respond. Blade was more then angry he was furious at the monk but knew his temper was what caused most of the trouble he had gotten him self into over the years. He relaxed and muttered to himself,”fool.”
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:53 pm

Robin watched Blade very closely and thought about what the cards said for him. She was expection Blade to become upset over the last two cards but she was proud of how he kept control of himself. The last thing she needed was for the beast to come out and with all of these people around. Turning her attenion to the monk, she tried to look into his face but it was hidden all to well, "What do the cards have to say for me?" she asked him firmly.

The monk smiled even wider when he saw just how firm and confident she was just by the tone in her voice, "Alright.. but Not with this deck" he replied gathering up the cards that were spread out on the table.

Blade was suprized at this, "Whay can't you use the deck you have out?" he asked suddenly.

The monk didn't anwser him right away, he simply put the cards away and pulled out a compleatly diffrent deck. The back of these cards had a blue background with intricant gold designs, "A Goddess deck for the Goddess" he simpy replied as he shufled up a slect choice of the cards.

Blades patience were growing very thin "What is going on here Monk?" he had was about to tuch the Hilt of his sword when Robin stoped him.

Placing a hand gentaly onto his, "His picking out the power cards for the lesser cards, this is for a more direct reading." she explained in a soft gental voice that almost sounded as if an angel has just spoken.

Looking deeply into Robins eyes he saw nothing but to show that she was eather afraid or uncertin of this. With a silant nod he eased himself in his seat and watched the monk shuffle the deck.

When the deck was shuffled The Monk placed it onto the table infrount of Robin, "With your left hand M'lady.. cut the deck" he asked. Reaching out Robin did as she was asked taking some of the cards off the top of the deck and placed them onto the table and then placed the bottem of the deck on top.

Taking the first card off of the deck he placed it face up in the center of the table. It was a beautiful woman with a small owl sitting upon her sholder "Justice... This is your current circumstances" the monk explained "You seen anwsers for an unjust act that was done to you!"

The second card was the placed sideways across the top of the first card.
The card shown a Queen holding a sword over her kneeling king with tow of her ladys in-waiting standing behind her "Judgment... This is your current influences" The monk replied as both Robin and Blade watched in silance. " You will be faced with a change, though it will be frightening it is unavoidable" he explained.

The third card was placed above the first two. It was a young woman of darkskin with the wind blowing from behind her, "Strength... This is your future Influences. You will have the power to face any foe!" he explained. and the forth card was placed below the first two. It was was a woman ridding a horse, "Movement.. this is your past. everywhere you have go will lead you to where you should be" the Monk replied.

Robin looked down at the fifth card as it was placed to the left of the first two. It showed a picture of a darked skined woman with her arms crossed infrount of her with a hawk resting upon one hand. She looked back up to the monk, "Magick.. This is your past influences. I thik it explanes it self" he replied shortly. Robin thought to herself, magick had indeed influenced everything she had done in her past. Then the sixth card showed a map of Middle earth," This shows the events of your past" It was a simbol of her traveling all throught her life.

The reading was about half done and everything that was shown so far was true about her life, The seventh card was placed off ot the right of the bottem card. It was three madiens standing below a bright sun, "The Sun.. This shows you feelings. you know exactly what you want in life" he replied. The eighth card was placed above that, "Temptation... your outside influences", the nineth card above that " Sacrifice...your hopes and dreams", Finaly it was time for the tenth card " Beginnings... This is your out come" he said looking up at both Robin and Blade.
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Carnil_RP » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:28 pm

Carnil and Celebel walked around looking at the difrent games that were going on. They finaly came across a short stout man calling out for all the gents to show off how strong they are for their ladys.

"well what do you think?" he asked Celebel. he secretly hoped that she was ask him to move on to look at some other things.
Carnil_RP
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tethcelebel » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:48 pm

Celebel had not noticed the man until Carnil asked her about it. She was about ready to say no when she saw the reluctant look in Carnil's eye. she smiled, her eyes sparkling mischeviously.

"What do you win?" Celebel asked the man, glancing up at Carnil who cringed slightly.

"A dinner and room, if you so wish," the stout man replied, looking Carnil up and down, studying him.

"Dinner sounds lovely," Celebel whispered, looking up at Carnil with a grin, "and i'm sure you could beat whoever is in there."

Carnil groaned, shaking his head. "Fine fine," he said, "dinner does sound good." he smirked, teasing, "and the room...?"

"Don't you even think about it!" Celebel shook her head firmly, "dinner. that's all."

Carnil held up his hands in surrender, "Alright, just teasin'." He took her arm and strode towards the games.
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Wolf_Star » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:23 pm

A crowd started to gather around the monk. They believed he was just another attraction brought by the traveling carnival. People started to ask the monk it he could do there reading but the monk only declined them politely and told them he was sorry, for he would do no more reading. Some of the crowed was slightly annoyed at the monk for denying them there reading and even offered him some silver pennies to entice him into changing his mind, but the monk was adamant in his discussion.

The crowd was not the only ones interested in the gathering. The performers were also drawn to the crowd. Low rank magic users and merchants mingled among the crowd trying to gather up the silver they had just seen flashed in some of the people’s hands.

The citizens forgot the monk almost completely as they watched the entertainers eat fire and charm deadly snakes with music.

On the opposite side of the street of the small eatery were Blade and Robin was sitting with the monk a small group was being entertained by a jester in brightly colored cloths. Shouts of parents approval and children’s laughter could be herd as he sang, wile acting out some ridicules story that went along with the humorous song.

Blade still sat with his arms folded across his chest thinking about what the cards had to say, “Ah, a bunch of hocus-pocus,” he said to know one. “Well,” spoke the monk, “That is for you to decide, but hear me well.”

The monk looked from Robin too Blade. Blade thought he could see two glowing golden eyes looking at him from the shadowed face hidden beneath the hood. As the monk spoke again it seamed to Blade and Robin his voice held a tone of gathering power as vast as the surging tide of a great storm, “you would do well to heed these warnings and take this seriously. I have neither the time nor the patients!”

Blade was ready to bust at the man who turned from his friendly welcome to treat him as if he was an unruly school boy. But before he was able to ask the man who he thought he was speaking to them like that Robin spoke up, “Well will try to understand the meaning.”

The monk only nodded in being satisfied with her answer. He quickly turned his head towards an outburst of laughter coming from the jester. Blade and Robin turned there heads as well towards the clapping crowd and laughing children. When they turned back the monk and his cards were no ware to be seen.

“That was the strangest friar I ever had seen,” spoke Blade wile looking at the empty chair were the monk had been sitting.

“True, but I think we should be cautious in any account.” Robin reached out and spread out the sea salt and ash with her delicate finger across the table and onto the ground. She slapped her hands together too remove the fine grains and felt a hand on her shoulder.

“What have you been up to lass, no good I suppose?”

Robin looked up and smiled at Robert who was standing beside her.

The monk watched from the ally way that he had to slip into. He watched to see that the jester stayed were he was and didn’t try to follow him. He knew who the jester was and didn’t need to be recognized at this time. He only hoped that the jester was only performing for money and not there for some other reason. But the appearance of the jester didn’t make the monk feel well at all. “It’s up to fate now,” spoke the monk out loud to himself and slipped further into the shadows of the alleyway leaving the revelry far behind.
Wolf_Star
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Caligo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:50 pm

"So you plan to travel to Minus Tirith?" Mortuus asked Caligo as they sat at a table watching the festivities.

"Aye" Cal replied slumped in his chair resting an elbow on the table with his mug of ale in hand.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Mors questioned rather softly, looking over at his friend. Cal didn't look over but pondered it a moment before replying.

"I know there are great archives there with many books about healing and curses, I'm sure we will be able to find some information on how to help Robin live past her next birthday." He took a sip of his drink while keeping his eyes fixed away from Mors.

"That's not what I mean." Mors said leaning forward resting his elbows on the table. "I mean about...." He looked over at the crowd then looked back at Cal. "Lord Aragorn, after all he's...."

"I know!" Cal shot him a glance. "We will get by. He may not even recognize me, hopefully." Cal trailed off. Mors was silent for a moment looking thoughtfully down at the table with his mug in hand resting near his lips. He looked up at Cal who was tipping his mug from side to side idly, staring off into space.

"There is another person who you have not seen in a long time, that will be there." Mors spoke. "She will be much surprised to see you as well."

"She...." Cal stopped sitting up straight. "....has forgotten me." He turned and leaned on the table unwilling to look Mors in the eye.

"I'm sure she remembers you." Mortuus finally said.

Cal looked up at Mors "Have you ever had a memory that has faded away so much that you wonder if it ever really happened at all or if it was just a dream?" he said in all seriousness.

"Well sure." He replied. "What are you being bothered by?"

"Ah....it's just that I've lately been having these terrible dreams about the night my parents were killed. If I could only find the one who did it."

"Getting revenge would only make you as lowly as the criminal who did it." Mors spoke earnestly.

"Hello Captain!" Tar said walking up to the table with a smile. "What are you two doing over here? Should you not be enjoying yourselves with the carnival?"

Cal
Caligo
Rider of the Mark

Postby Carnil_RP » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:23 am

Once they were over in the games area, Carnil took one good look around studying all the games. Once he spoted a small roaped off area that had two men that were about as strong as him wresting. Leading Celebel over, they arived there just as that match had ended, "What do ye say, you look like a strapping lad" the caller spoke up in Carnil's direction.

"Well what could it hurt" he replied, 'I could take eather one of those two lads easily' he thought to himself. Letting go of Celebel, he pulled his shirt out from his britches and pulled it over his head "Hold this fer me Bell" he said handing over his shirt "I won't be but a moment" he winked at her.

Walking over to the caller Carnil payed him the small price and steped inside of the ropes, "Who will be the first to take on this young man" the caller shouted into the gathering crowd.

Carnil's eyes shot wide open when a large burly man came walking forward. He looked to be about the size of two full grown men eazy, "I'll take him" he replied in a deep booming voice. He watched in horror as the large man paid the caller and steped over the ropes with one long stride.

"Bell... I think i'll be needeing our 'Healer' and her Friend NOW" Carnil replied as a sudden look of horror came about his face. He watched as Celebel ran off the turned his attenion back to the large man, "What have gotten me self inta now?" he mumbled under his breath.
Carnil_RP
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tethcelebel » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:29 pm

Celebel flushed slightly as Carnil handed her his shirt with a teasing grin and a wink. her smile faded as the big burly man stepped into the ring with him.

oh bloody flames, she muttered, turning and running towards where she had last seen Robin and Blade. glancing around, she saw they were still over there. she ran, not heeding the curses of people she accidentally shoved as she maneuvered towards them.

"Robin!" Celebel cried, sliding to a stop next to them, "Come...on...Carnil's gotten himself into a bad mess."

"What?" Robin shook her head, rolling her eyes, "Where is he?" She, Blade, and Roberts followed Celebel.

"At the wrestling match..." Celebel led them hurriedly, turning towards them as they all stopped.

"He's in a wrestling match?" Blade voiced his disbelief, "What possessed him..." he trailed off, finally noticing Celebel's red cheeks and the shirt in her hand.

"Um..." Celebel shifted embarrassedly, "I sorta...got him into the mess."

Roberts burst into laughter, wrapping an arm about Celebel's shoulders. "Lead the way, me gel," he chortled, "about time to see that lad show off for ye."

"Robin," Celebel called back, "he's going to need you. the bloke's as big as Blade and Cal!"

"Bloody fool," Robin muttered as she and Blade strode into the area where the people were watching Carnil and the man begin.
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)