Mods Please Lock!

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:04 pm

The sun was peeking through the window and had just started ton shine in Robins face when she started to wake. There was an fimlure heavy weight laying accross her chest and along the whol lenght of the left side of her body. Looking over she saw Blades still sleeping form and giggled when she saw that an trace of blanket that had been covering him had fallen away sometime durring the night.

"Mmm."she moaned slightly as she tried to slide out from under her lovers large arm "Ok this is not going to work" she chuckled "Blade my love are you awake?" she spoke up poking him purposly.

A deep low moam resounded from the pillow. Turned his head and smiled "I am now! Morning my love" Then a conserned look came about his face "Whats wrong?" he asked sounding conserned "has your i'llnes goten worse?" he asked not knowing how else to put it.

Robin smiled and leaned over and kissed his bare sholder softly, "I'm feeling just fine right now! For some reasion I gane a small amount of lossed strengh from you" she blushed "It's just that Your laying practialy on top of me and I can not get UP!" she pointed out drumming her finger ontop of his arm to make her point known.

Blade laughed "Sorry about that love," he said rolling over onto his back "Finaly a bed that that is large enough for two of us" he said streching out his arms.

Robin sat up "Thank you!" she replied tossing the blanketsover top of him "I need to go find Carnil! something is wrong, terrible wrong" she said while she serched for her clothing that was discarded at one point.

Blade sat up quickly "What can you feel?" he asked geting up to look for his clothing as well.

"I'm not sure but All I know is that at one point durring the night it felt like my head was forcfully driven onto a sharp hard object" she explained

"Ah..well if anything did happen. The first place Ib think we should look would be the Nox..Just incase they headed back there" he replied.

After they had dressed, Robin and Balde began to head back towards the docks. There was more to the feeling that she had But she just couldn't bring her self to see it. Robin new that someone had come back from her past.
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Ace_of_Spades » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:58 pm

Tar was silent a moment. He just stared down at the rope fidgeting. "I have given up the business." He said after a while. She just looked up at him. "I was on my last job and I...." He trailed off. "I couldn't do it."

"But you can't just quit!" She replied.

"That is why I joined this crew. I figured I could stay hidden here."

"If he wants to find you, he will find you." She said.

Tar ignored the statement. "I've come across a small problem though."

"Yeah?"

"You know my first job? I told you about the kid…"

"Yes."

"Well he just so happens to be the captain of this ship. I recognize him, fortunately he does not recognize me."

She laughed slightly "I told you when you leave witnesses it comes back to haunt you."

"Yeah, well that is why I can't let these people know who I really am." He grumbled.

"So you are caught between hard places. Continue to tell these pirates that you have amnesia, which you can't continue to do forever, or try to keep hidden out there, where you know who might find you."

"Yes and I'm not sure what could be worse." They both laughed. "Gosh it's sure been a long time hasn't it?"
Ace_of_Spades
Shield Bearer

Postby Carnil_RP » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:49 pm

Neather Celebel or Carnil could get to sleep that night. Both laid awake in side of Bells cabin king sure to keep the door locked, holding onto one another as tightly as they posible could.

"Carnil, how's your head feeling?" Celebel asked softly.

"I'll live..I promess you! How about you I for got to ask if he hurt you at all?" he asked painfully
Carnil_RP
Citizen of Imladris

Location: Hidding from my sister Robin Greenleaf in a near by tavern!

Postby Tethcelebel » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:38 pm

Celebel shifted slightly, frowning. She tried to pull away from him but his arms tightened.

"Bell?" his voice was a mix of question and anger.

"He...didn't 'urt me, Carnil," Celebel shook her head, "not in that way, at any rate. I fought pretty hard against 'im, and 'e didn't look kindly on it."

"Where?" Carnil growled softly, sitting up and looking worriedly down at her.

"No where." Celebel tried to get out of bed but Carnil grasped her shoulder and gently forced her to face him. He easily pulled her shirt off, his eyes widening and then narrowing in anger at the sight of the various cuts and deep bruises.

"That no good son of--" Carnil snarled, tracing a finger along one particular jagged cut, "Why didn't ye tell me?!"

"Because you were hurt," Celebel mumbled, "and I didn't....I wanted to believe it was all a bad dream. They weren't anything I 'adn't gotten before...I treated them while ye were sleeping."

Carnil shook his head, his eyes sad and guilty. "I shouldn't 'ave left ye," he murmured, hugging her to himself, "I shoulda stayed."

"Ye 'ad no way o' knowin', Carnil," Celebel said comfortingly, "you're 'ere now."

They fell asleep that way until a hard knock on the door woke Celebel. Carnil had his arms about her waist, one hand entwined in her hair. She grumbled under her breath, wriggling her way out of the bed and falling to the floor with a grunt.

"Bloody ha'elf!" she muttered, pulling on her shirt and stumbling to the door. She opened it and saw Robin waiting, "Robin? Weren't ye and Blade in town for the rest o' th' leave?"

"Aye," Robin ran her eyes over her, frowning, "What 'appened?!" She grasped Celebel's arm and pushed the sleeve of her shirt up, revealing a deep bruise in the shape of a hand. Robin's eyes narrowed, "Did Carnil--?"

"No!" Celebel jerked her arm back, shaking her head, "No...he didn't do this."

"Who're ye talkin' to?" Carnil grumbled as he came up to the door, his hair messy from a restless night, his pants pulled on hurriedly, "Robin?" he said, suddenly wide awake. His arm snaked around Celebel, "What're ye doin' here?"
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:03 pm

Looking at Carnil she saw a bandage wraped around his head, "What happened to the two of ye last night and Don't Lie!" she spoke firmly "I Know something hapopened last night .....Lets get the two of you into my cabin so I can tend to these" she said trying to regan her calm.

"Robin" Carnil spoke up "They're back!" he spoke up remorsfully "He came after Bell Last night and tried to kill her...and me"

Robin could feel her heart almost stop beating, "Ok...lets juet get the two of you taken care of first. Then we'll find Roberts and the Captain and decide on what we should do" she said fighting back the urge to run away.

Blade could see that this news was realy bothering Robin "Don't worry my love, you need to care for your brother and Bell right now. Let me worry about him for right now..as long as the four of us stay abord this ship the safer we'll be. I'm going to and take care of some busness below deck here on the Nox, I wont be far" he spoke softly pulling Robin closely into him. Leanning down he placed his lips onto hers and kised her tenderly " I love you" he whispered before walking off to go and speak with the Captain about what to do with the tresspasser.

Robin looked sadly at Celebel "Come on we can talk about this in my cabin" she said waving for the two to fallow her "Now tell me everything that happened to you last night!"
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:15 pm

Ell nodded absentmindedly, feeling an overwhelming urge to - dare she say it? - hug someone. She shook her head immediatly. That was something even her deepest, darkest secrets would have to cover up.

"Yeah..." she whispered. She then smiled. "You remeber that time when boss sent us on the mission to Fangorn? When we got so tangled up int he vines, and I had to rescue you?"

Tar furrowed his brow. "You're the one who had to be rescued! You were just dangling there, swinging back and forth, calling for help."

"I WAS NOT. You pushed me until I almost barfed, and then you cut me loose so that I landed on the forest floor."

"Actually, you landed on me and -" he blushed at the memory.

"Yah... That was fun." She stared at the ground, blushing herself.

Then Tar spoke of memory. "Do you remember when we went to Rohan - or was it Minas Tirith?"

"Rohan."

"Right, Rohan, and you got so drunk - "

"I like to forget that memory, thank you." She raised her eyebrows and looked away, shaking.

"You tried hit on a dwarf! Are you okay?" He got up quickly and walked to her.

She turned around facing him, her eyes closed and and chin quivering. Then she could hold it no longer. She burst out laughing and rammed Tar to the ground.

"How did you?!?!?!" he stared in awe at her hands now pinning him to the ground. She sat at his waist, smiling triumphantly. "Get off me! The captain or anyone else walks in here and I'm beleived to be fratinizing with the enemy!"

Her lower lip stuck out, and her eyes turned to the equivelant of a begging puppy's.

"I didn't mean it that way."

"I know. And besides. It's not like it hasn't happened before." She smiled and got off him, helping him stand. She was now exactly as tall as him.

"That girl in the Inn does NOT count s anything. All she did was drink the night away and slept in MY bed - "

"While you weren't in it, no dount?" she cut in.

"Exactly!" He narrowed his eyes at her. " You don't beleive me."

"Not a word."

"Well... It's true. Now tie yourself back up. I'm in deep if you're seen walking around like a crewmate."

"Just let me stretch my legs! Besides, I'm not going anywhere. If you're here, I just may have a reason to stay."

They exchanged genuine smiles as foot steps were heard outside in the corridor. Then they they gazed at the door.

Ell had planned on saying something. Just what it was - she hadn't figured out.

Hopefully, no one would find the true identity of she and Tar. If what he said was true, about him and the captain, then she couldn't afford to give her or his story away.
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Tethcelebel » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:29 am

Celebel leaned into Carnil for support as they strode to Robin's cabin. Robin motioned them to sit on the bed, rumaging in her bag for the right medicine and herbs.

"What happened last night?" Robin asked as she gently pried the bandage off of Carnil's brow.

Celebel suddenly coughed, flushing. Carnil chuckled, squeezing her hand gently.

Robin's eyes widened in understanding, suddenly ducking her head to keep the grin from showing. "About the attack," she said, "tell me what happened about the attack."

Celebel nodded, sighing. "Carnil went down to get us some food and I stayed in the room," she began, "I got up and was standing by the window when someone came into the room. I thought it was Carnil but found Baler-na instead," Celebel's eyes darkened, "he said he was goin' to kill me..." she gave a soft shrug, "I wasn't about to go without a fight." She stopped, her shoulders drooping.

Carnil wrapped an arm about her, drawing her close, "He nearly killed her, Robin. If I 'adn't 'ad come back up when I did..." he shuddered, "I would've found 'er..."

"Let me see what he did to ye," Robin instructed. Celebel nodded, pulling off her shirt. "By the Valar." Robin gaped, her eyes darkening with anger, "Who treated these?"

"I did," Celebel shifted a bit uncomfortably, "tis not the worst I've 'ad from him."

"Still, let me get some medicine on those," Robin began to press bandages on her various cuts, trying to be gentle.

"What are we goin' to do?" Celebel finally asked, an indiscernable emotion in her eyes.

"Get ye bandaged up for one," Robin replied, "as for that Dark Elf...stay on the ship and near someone at all times. Blade's gone to fill in wit' th' captain on what's goin' on." She finished wrapping her cuts, "There. All done. Ye both should get some sleep."

"Aye," Carnil nodded, "Thanks sis." He led Celebel out of the room and back towards theirs when Celebel stopped.

"I...I need some time ta think, Carnil," Celebel told him with a sad smile, "Please."

"I'll come up wit' ye," Carnil agreed. They strode up on deck and stood together for several minutes. Once Roberts came out on deck, Carnil could sense Celebel needed to be alone. So he strode up to his old friend, able to keep an eye on Celebel too.

Celebel meandered up and down the deck, one hand trailing along the rail. She sighed, pausing at a place off to the side.

"When will I be rid of him?" she wondered aloud.

"Never!" a voice answered and suddenly she was slammed up against the wall, a hand against her throat, easily cutting off her air-flow, "I told you I'd hunt you down," Baler-na snarled into her ear, "and kill you myself. Know that, you bloody half-elf!" So saying, he raised his dagger and plunged it into her chest. He then released her and leapt off the ship as he heard footsteps coming.

"Bell?"

Celebel heard Carnil's voice as she slumped against the wall, her eyes widening at the sight of the dagger. She pulled it out, weakly pressing a hand against the rush of blood.

"Bell!"

Arms surrounded her, cradled her. "Carnil?" she gasped out, her breathing becoming shallower.

"You'll be alright, you'll be alright," Carnil told her, pressing cloth against the wound, struggling to staunch the blood. He turned and yelled out, "Get Robin!! Somebody help!"

Celebel coughed violently, her eyes going blurry. "Carnil..." she whispered, "I..."

"Shh...don't talk," Carnil smoothed her hair away from her face, "shh..."

"I love you," Celebel managed a weak smile, "Thank...thank you..." she coughed, struggling to breathe, "for teaching me...to live...again."

"You're going to be alright," Carnil felt the tears rolling down his face as he cradled her, "I'm so sorry I wasn't with you...I'm so sorry..."

"Love..." Celebel managed to touch his face gently before her eyes fluttered closed, and her hand fell limply to the deck.

"NO!" Carnil screamed, "No!"

"Carnil?" Robin came up to him, struggling to see Celebel.

"She's dead," Carnil said numbly, "she's dead." He rested his forehead against hers, rocking back and forth, his body wracked with sobs.
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gloamglozer » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:05 am

Gloam had been quietly out of the events. This was probably because he had been in an unnatural sleep.

After the thief had been caught he had gone into his cabin and had slipped into a deep, deep sleep. Deeper than any person should ever go.

His mind wandered far. Down through the depths of the oceans and up high into the clouds. But then he jumped up, awake.

It had been a long time since he had had a sleep that deep and he was afraid that he had missed important events.

That he had. Gloam could feel a death in the air. A death of someone he knew. Someone he had had conversations with. Someone who was very dear to Carnil..

"Oh Gods! Celebel." Gloam cried.

The quartermaster had formed quite a friendship with the woman who had had such a tormented childhood. He couldn't believe she was gone. But his senses had never failed him before.

He sat and wept for a few minutes then wiped his eyes on his sleev, threw on his long coat and walked out of his cabin and into Roberts.

"Gloam. You look upset. What is it?" said the old pirate.

"It's. It's. That slime of a dark elf has killed...has killed Celebel. On deck." he muttered as Roberts grabbed his arm and leapt up the steps, onto the deck.

There lay Celebel, Carnil was knelt next to her, cradling her. Robin and Blade were stood there also.

Roberts was frozen, realising the truth, but Gloam carried on.

"Carnil." he wispered as he knelt down beside him. "Carnil. Listen to me. She has gone to a better place. No matter what happens now. She is safe and will be in paradise. I know it hurts. It will hurt for a long time. But, but.." he faltered, tears in his eyes.

Never had one of his close crew mates died. He had never faced such grief but all he could think about was how much that feeling must have been mulitplied many thousands of times, within Carnil.
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Caligo » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:30 pm

There was a loud knock at the door, which caused Cal to wake from his restless sleep. He had been having chills all morning, which caused him to toss and turn under his blankets trying to find warmth. Now as he woke, sweat ran down his face, and he wanted nothing more than to take a cold bath.

"Come in" He said to the person waiting at the door. He threw away the sheets and wiped his forehead, as Blade walked in the room.

"Capt'n how are you feel'n?" Blade questioned but guessed the answer.

"I'm deathly hot, my head aches, and I'm getting cabin fever as well!" Cal grumbled, "Is there anything else you'd like to add?"

"I was jus com'n to ask you what we should do with the captive?"

Cal was silent a moment, he had almost forgotten about her. "How bout we make a nose and hang her from the mast?" He said in all seriousness. Blade didn't know weather to laugh or to agree for fear of making the captain mad.

"Capt'n don't you think that be a bit harsh?"

"No! She was wondering about me ship, without permission. No doubt with intention to steal something." Cal shot back.

"Well I think we should ave a talk with her first, and find out what she was doing and why. What do you say to that?"

"Aye, that is what I intended to do!"

Just then there was a shout on deck. "Bell!"

Cal stood up and was about to run on deck but was stopped by Blade. "Capt'n let me go see what this is about, you are still to ill to be gettin out of bed." Cal just rolled his eyes and sat back down as Blade ran out of the Cabin.

Cal
Caligo
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tanwen_Luthien » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:20 am

A soft combination of birdcall and sunlight woke Vanessa. Groggily she opened her eyes and promptly shut then again when a migraine stabbed through her skull. She groaned and rolled away from the light. It was probably late morning, although her inability to look out the window likely hindered her judgment somewhat. Keeping her eyes closed, she let her hands rove the near surroundings. The sheets were coarse, likely homespun, and from the stationary nature of this bed she felt sure that she was not on the boat. Stretching her right hand outwards her hands groped as the bedhead and side table. Something clanged; a candle holder. The candle itself was unburnt. She was probably in the room of an inn. She was wearing clothes, but what if…
A sudden suspicion tweaking in her mind, Vanessa slowly moved her left hand along the other side of the bed. She sighed with relief. She was alone. On impulse she opened her eyes to make sure and the headache throbbed heavily again. She rubbed her hand over her eyes.
‘Good lord,’ she muttered, ‘what did I do last night?’

Her mind seemed foggy, and to move through the memories was like trudging through thick sludge. However a few key points she did retain. She remembered her purse of coin, and entering a warm and boisterous inn. Probably for a meal. What did she eat? She couldn’t remember. However, she could remember a number of young men at the bar buying her drinks. She probably refused at first, but then sipped them out of politeness.
‘That’s an understatement,’ she groans to herself.
From there it became hazy. She drank, she danced, and she allowed herself to be as light hearted as she had been for some while. Now she was in a bed, thankfully without unexpected company, and was battling her headache and reluctance to rise. In the end the slight paranoia that the Nox might leave without her forced Vanessa from the feather stuffed mattress and squinty eyed into the hallway.

She was still completely dressed, down to her muddy boots. Stumbling down the rickety wooden stairs she entered the pleasant hubbub of the communal inn area. Early starters were already in their pints and a number of crumpled figures around the room with bleary eyes told Vanessa that she was not the only guest that had overdone her frivolity the previous evening.

Vanessa sat on a stool at the bar corner, hunching her shoulders and rubbing her temples.
‘I was wonderin’ when you’d be risin’, miss,’ a cheerful voice called out.
She lifted her eyes fractionally to see the robust innkeeper wiping and stacking glasses nearby. Why were they always robust and jolly? She supposed it was good for business.
‘A fair show you gave us last night,’ he grinned, continuing his talk.
‘What show was this?’ Vanessa asked suspiciously.
‘Oh just a bit o’ singin’ and dancin’ is all,’ he winked at her, ‘I tell you, I’ve never seen the crowd in such a state. You had ‘em bawlin’ like babes with one o’ your ballads, and then the next minute they was jiggin’ and laughing away while you sang a cheeky ditty or two.’
‘And that’s all I did?’ Vanessa asked uncertainly, ‘Nothing improper?’
‘Naw,’ he shook his head, ‘leastways nothing more improper than a tipsy young lady of modest nature feels inclined to do.’
‘I’m afraid I may have been considerably worse off than “tipsy”,’ she answered wryly.
‘Well at least no harm came of it,’ he nodded sagely, ‘now how ‘bout some breakfast for the resident bard then, hmm?’
Vanessa accepted his suggestion gladly and soon found herself shoveling down mouthfuls of egg, bacon and toast. She hadn’t even realized how hungry she really was.

When she had finished breakfast, she declined the offer to down it with a lager. Paying for her food and room, she turned to leave; it had to be near midday by then. As she hopped off the stool she hesitated and turned to the innkeeper.
‘Sir,’ she began.
‘Yes?’ the man turned to her, smiling politely.
‘In my…”state” last night,’ Vanessa said slowly, ‘I wasn’t… well, I didn’t do anything… regrettable, did I?’
The man chuckled and leaned on the bar.
‘No no, don’t worry missy,’ he reassured her, ‘nothin’ o’ that sort went on. You were lucky.’
Vanessa laughed and turned to leave.
‘Mind you,’ the innkeeper commented, ‘you did come mighty close at one time.’
She looked back at him quickly and blushed, but tried to appear casual.
‘Oh?’ she raised her eyebrows, ‘and how was that?’
‘Well,’ the man thought for a moment, ‘there were a number o’ men that wouldn’t have minded havin’ you as company for the night, if you don’t mind me sayin’, but one man in particular was very insistent. Nearly got you to the stairs he did before a dark feller came out and stopped him. I dunno what passed between ‘em but it froze your “suitor” right up and he backed off pretty quick.’
‘Dark feller?’ Vanessa asked.
‘Yeah,’ nodded the man, ‘he was all hooded, kept mostly in the shadows. Stayed for your whole performance he did. Only left when you went upstairs for bed.’
Vanessa felt disturbed, but said nothing. The innkeepers' brow furrowed.
‘Funny that,’ he said, ‘and he didn’t touch any drop o’ liquor neither. Just had dinner, stayed for the show ‘n’ left.’
The innkeeper laughed.
‘Like I was sayin’ missy,’ he said jovially, ‘that was quite a show, and you’re welcome back any time you please.’

Vanessa thanked him and left, pulling her hood up as she stepped outside. A mysterious stranger had been watching her last night. Was it coincidence? Perhaps, although Vanessa still had nervous chills and resolved to return to the safety of the Nox immediately.
‘Well that was my first proper taste of pirate life I suppose,’ she joked to herself.
She looked at the sky and then winced and looked away. Perhaps Robin would have something for this headache.
Tanwen_Luthien
Ranger of the North

Postby Carnil_RP » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:57 pm

"Carnil." he wispered as he knelt down beside him. "Carnil. Listen to me. She has gone to a better place. No matter what happens now. She is safe and will be in paradise. I know it hurts. It will hurt for a long time. But, but.." he faltered, tears in his eyes.

Carnil glared at Gloam; She couldn't be dead, he could still feel her around him. Looking up at Roberts with pledingh eyes, "She's not gone, I know it!" he choaked out "Ye were there....what did ye and father do Uncle? Please Ye have to help her the same way ye did back then" he pleaded as the tears continued to run down his face.

Roberts closed his eyes and reganed his composure before he knelt down next to Celebel. Placing his hand over the stab wound "I can try but I can not garenty that it will work...we were..we were lucky last time" he spoke softly to the young half elf.

Gloam couldn't understand whar they werte talking about, "What do you mean Last Time?" he asked in a raised voice "I know you loved her Carnil but there is nothing we can do for her now but to see that she receves a proper burial"

"No" Carnil screamed out at the quartermaster "You don't understand... This is how Robin's curse was inflicted upon her!" he spoke up, his voice ringing with a confliction of emotions "She's not dead..she'd not dead" he cried out cradling Celebels head tightly into his chest.

No one abord the deck of the Nox could speak. Blade sliped over next to Robin and placed a conferting hand upon her sholder "Roberts, Is this true?" he asked in a voice that was barly above a whisper.

Ripping off a strip of the young womans shirt he stuffed it into the wound "Aye" he said reluctantly "Its worth a shot, I'll go and see if I can locate what is needed. There should be a healer in the city that knows the ways of the Dark elves" he replied standing up.

Looking down at Carnil, "Robin, Ye know what needes ta be done Right?" he asked firmly. With out a spoken word in responce she nodded a simple yes, "Alright, take Bell bellow deck and get to work! Carnil do you know if the dagger that was used to do this was left behind?" he asked.

Looking around the deck Carnil soon found what he was looking for "Here it is" he replied "She must have pulled it out herself " he said handing it over.

Taking the dagger Roberts looked over to Gloam "If you would come with me I'll explaine to you what we need to do" he replied placing a comferting hand onto the quartermasters sholder "I'll need your help since me mate is no longer alive" he explained reffering to Robin and Carnil's father.

Gloam nodded "Aye, I'll do what ever I can to help" he replied looking down at Celebel.

Roberts nodded "Come on then We don't have much time" he replied tucking the dagger into his belt and led Gloam off the Nox on a dead run.

Mean while Under Robin instructions Celebels Body was taken down to her cabin. Although she knew that using her powers would drain her to a great extent she knew that she needed to try her best.
Carnil_RP
Citizen of Imladris

Location: Hidding from my sister Robin Greenleaf in a near by tavern!

Postby Gloamglozer » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:05 am

Gloam ran alongside Roberts, down thegangplank, through the main port and into the City.

The quartermaster hadn't been too disturbed when Carnil had shouted at him. Afterall who could blame him for denying that Bell was dead.

But the statement about Robin's curse had shocked him slightly and had also put hope into his heart. But there was another part of him that was certain that Celebel was dead, he didn't want her to be, but you couldn't stop death.

Gloam wiped the last tears away from his eyes as they ran and turned to Roberts.

"So. What's this all about?" he asked.

Roberts was quiet for a moment and all that could be heard was the sound of their booted feet pounding on the pavement.

"We 'ave to find a healer that knows about Dark Elven magiks. Ya see the blade tha' stabbed Bell was probably not jus' a knife."

Gloam nodded. He had seen magic knives before but the only things he knew about the vicious Dark Evles was what he had learned from fighting their witch the last time.

But where were they going to find a healer that knew about them in this city?
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby The-dreaded-Pirate » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:39 pm

Roberts and Gloam serched every apthicary and healers shoppe that they came by with out any luck. Gloam was about to suggest that the stop for a drink and ease there nurves a litte before they continued on there serch untill the sound of a door chime comming from down a darkened ally cought his attion.

"Roberts, what kind of shoppe would be down that dark ally?" he asked nodding his head in the direction of the chime.

Roberts slapt the quartermaster onto the back "The kind that no respectible person would go in" he smiled.

"Lets go" Gloam replied leading Roberts into the direction he heard the chim comming from.
The-dreaded-Pirate
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Ace_of_Spades » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:47 pm

"Something is wrong." Tar suddenly stood up. They could hear commotion on deck of people shouting and running about. "I wonder what the problem is?" He looked over at Ell but she only shrugged her shoulders.

He stepped toward the door but remembered that he was supposed to be watching the 'captive'. "Well come on they might need our help." He opened the door.

"Wait you want me to go with you?" She questioned.

"Well.....yes. You might gain some trust back if they see you helping, and it's the only way I can keep an eye on you and find out what's going on at the same time."

They both ran out the door and up onto the main deck. Tar stopped suddenly in his tracks when he saw the dead body of a crewmate being lifted from the ground.

"What happened?" He rushed up to help

"No time to explain now." Robin returned "Can you help us get her below to my quarters?"

He nodded then motioned for Ell to help out as well.
Ace_of_Spades
Shield Bearer

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:45 pm

Robin could feel her heart braking into so many pieces; a woman that she considered her firend and who was like a sister to her was stabed in the heart and was dead. Then there was the sight of her twin brother Carnil, this is the first time she has ever seen him like this although this is not the first time he's seen a loved one die in his arms.

Because of the conection that she has with her twin she has seen her death. On the day their familys ship was attacked by the Drow, Roberts Carnil and their father all witnessed the deaths of Lilith Greenleaf and herself. Through her brothers memories she saw the Dark elf named Balar-na stab her-self into the heart exactly as Celebel was, with the exact same dagger as well. She could see the loks of horror upon her familys faces as he allowed her to fall from his grasp and onto the deck and step over her limp lifeless body, kicking her slightly as he steped over her as he made his was over to their mother. Then in one swift motion she watched Balar-na raise the dagger andslice through their mothers throate alowing her blood to run freely into a goblet that the Drow witch handed to him. Before anyone knew it the witch raised the goblet up to her lips and began to drink every drop of their mother blood that was collected into the goblet.

After the Drow had left she could seen Carnil run over to her body and cradle her into his arms in the same fashion that he was now holding the woman he had chosen to be his life mate, Celebel. the rest of the vision was a blure because of the trears that he was sheading for her so she could see just what was done to bring her partialy back to life.

Looking down at Carnil, "Robin, Ye know what needes ta be done Right?" he asked firmly. With out a spoken word in responce she nodded a simple yes, "Alright, take Bell bellow deck and get to work! Carnil do you know if the dagger that was used to do this was left behind?" he asked.

Looking around the deck Carnil soon found what he was looking for "Here it is" he replied "She must have pulled it out herself " he said handing it over.

Taking the dagger Roberts looked over to Gloam "If you would come with me I'll explaine to you what we need to do" he replied placing a comferting hand onto the quartermasters sholder "I'll need your help since me mate is no longer alive" he explained reffering to Robin and Carnil's father.

Gloam nodded "Aye, I'll do what ever I can to help" he replied looking down at Celebel.

Roberts nodded "Come on then We don't have much time" he replied tucking the dagger into his belt and led Gloam off the Nox on a dead run.

Placing her hand gentaly onto Carnil's sholder "I'm sorry but ye need to let go of her so I can get her ready for Uncles return" she spoke softly.

"I can't, I can't loose her" he sobed placing lips onto hers giving her a soft kiss "I love her with all my heart Robin!" he confesed.

Robin looked up at Blade with tears of her own beginning to fill her eyes "I can't, Blade..I just can't" she mouthed to him nodding her head down to her brother. With out a spoken word Balde walked over to Celebels body and began to take it from Carnil who was reluctant to let her go.

"What happened?" Looking up she saw Tar comming her way with a strange woman fallowing close behind him.

"No time to explain now." Robin returned "Can you help us get her below to my quarters?" She watched and Tar nodded for the woman to help with Celebels Life less body. There was something about the two of them together that pulled at her gut in some strange way. She couldn't be jellious of the two of them because she was already with the man that she loved.....wasn't she?
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Gloamglozer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:21 pm

Gloam and Roberts reached the door from which they had heard the chime.
They looked at each other as Gloam opened it and they both walked inside.

It was a dark, dust ridden old room with magical objects hung around the walls and on shelves. Potions, poisons, skulls, horrible things which dare not be mentioned.

Roberts went up to the counter and got the attention of the woman behind it. She looked up at the pirate and smiled.

"What do you want dear?" she asked.

"Do you know anything about Drow magic. Don't linger madam. Life is at stake here." answered Roberts.

The womans face stayed the same as she nodded. "Yes I know Drow magic. What has happened?"

Roberts proceded to explain. Gloam, meanwhile, had been looking around the shop. He wanted to clear his mind incase he needed to do some marine magic later.

The quartermaster suddenly spotted something which made his heart quicken.

"A dagger you say." he heard the woman say to Roberts.

"Yes. A dagger like this." said Gloam holding up the object he had seen.

The womans eyes grew wide. She went white as Gloam put it down on the counter.

"No. No. No. That dagger contains the most advanced and evil magiks of the Dark Elves. Nothing ca reverse the affects of one of those weapons." she said.

Gloam stopped Roberts from slamming his fist on the counter in his anger.

"Listen madam. A persons life is in serious danger, possibly she is dead already. But my friend and I hope. Hope is a good thing madam. When people don't hope they normally get frightened and when someone is frightened they tend to lash out. Now please. Tell us. What can be done?" he said.

The woman looked into the desperate faces of both men and sank into her chair.

"This is what you must do..."
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby The_Other » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:56 pm

Mors had been having a leisurely day in town with his daughter. They had been walking through the market inspecting all the interesting items that vendors had for sale.

"Oh..." Emily cried when she saw a stand that was selling jewelry. "Can I please have one daddy?" Her little eyes pleaded. "I really like that blue necklace!" She stated.

He smiled at her then looked to see how much the jewelry cost. "How about a bracelet instead?"

"Okay," She agreed. "How bout this one?" She pointed to a beautiful little turquoise one.

Mors pulled out his wallet to make sure he had enough money, and then counted it to the man who was selling the jewelry. "Here you go." He handed the bracelet to Emily who quickly put it on.

"Thanks daddy!" She hugged his leg.

"Alright honey I think it's about time we made our way back to the ship."

"But I’m having so much fun." She protested.

"I know, but I'm sure uncle Cal wants to be on our way. We still have a ways to go from here." Mors knelt to face her. "Plus I'm sure he would love to see your new bracelet."

"Can we take him something to make him feel better?" She was concerned.

"I'm afraid the only thing that will make him better is rest." Mors replied "And maybe a hug from a little girl." He winked at her.

She smiled then nodded. "Can I pick him some flowers on the way back?"

"Sure thing."

The two then turned and made their way back to the Nox completely unaware of the tragedy that had already taken place aboard the ship.
The_Other
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:07 pm

After Celebels body was carfully carried down into her cabin she excused everyone so that she could get to work. It didn't supprise her that Carnil refused to leave and put up so much of a fight that Blade had to subdue him (knock him over the head with the hilt of one of his daggers) and carry him away. It turned out that the woman that was with Tar had stowed away on the ship durring the night some time and was not to be left alone untill the Captain and Blade decided on what to do with her.

Once she was along with her friend Robin began to gather up herbs and and fliped through an old book of Drow spells. Out of all the things she had done in her life as a healer this had to be the hardest. Very carfully she mixed up the right combination of hearbs and began to chant a couple of Drow spells as she applied the herb mixture to the wound.
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Gloamglozer » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:05 pm

Gloam and Roberts walked out of the shop 10 minutes later. Roberts carried over his back a leather bag that the healer woman had given them.
It contained a piece of parchment that the woman had written on telling them what should be done. Also there was a collection of rare ingredients that would need to be mixed together in a specific way.

They both headed back to the Nox at a run. It was imperitive that they could heal Celebel as quickly as possible. Gloam knew that Robin was already doing what she could to start the process but it would need to be completed soon.

The quartermaster started up his magical side as they ran. He let the marine magic run through his body and as they got closer to the sea and the ship, it grew stronger. Drow magic had caused the injury but he had a feeling that more than Drow magic would be called upon to heal his crew mate.

"Come on Gloam." shouted Roberts.

Gloam noticed that he had falen behind in his preparation. He caught up with Roberts as they started up the gangplank.

"Where's Robin?" Gloam asked Blade as they climbed down under the deck.

Blade nodded to a cabin and they knocked and entered.

"Robin. We've got it." said Roberts, putting the bag down onto the table.
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby blackthorn » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:50 pm

"Where's Robin?" Gloam asked Blade as they climbed down under the deck.

Blade nodded to a cabin and they knocked and entered.

"Robin. We've got it." said Roberts, putting the bag down onto the table.

Blade couldn’t help. That was the first thing that crossed him mind as he looked at his fellow crewmate. In truth he didn’t know if any one could help from the pail look of her skin. He watched as Robin asked for things and moved as fast as she could, preparing some kind of enchantment that would hopefully help. She had no time to speak with him, but she thanked Gloam who had just arrived to lend any assistance that he could. There were already enough people in the cabin that was starting to get in the way so Blade decided to leave the magic up to those who knew more about the art then he.

He quietly slipped out of the room, trying not to disturb any one as he left. He decided to place faith in the experienced hands of Glaom and Robin who had dealt with things like this before, but from the serious look of Robin’s face he was not to sure if even she was going to be able to help.

Blade decided to return to the main deck and stay out of every ones way. He had lost friends before but it was never a good experience, indeed no matter how one would prepare them selves it always hit them like a hammer, when they lest expected it. That thought made Blade think about his own mortality and before he knew it, he was pacing back and forth on the main deck thinking to him self.

He knew he was getting older but he didn’t feel like he was. His body was just a strong if not stronger then that fateful day he had clamed the road as his own. How many more years did he have before he didn’t want to adventure any more, were a warm fire was more inviting then a hard bed roll in some dark forest. Well, he thought to him self; that day had not arrived and to think about it now, was just as point less as waiting for it to happen.

After a time Blade felt like he needed a dink and headed for the gangplank and back to the lower part of the city. He didn’t even know how long it took him to get there because his thoughts were lost back on the nox. He walked into the establishment and sat on a three legged stool were he ordered a pint of Rum from a grumpy looking dwarf who eyed him up and down as he placed his coins on the counter.
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Kethasbro » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:21 pm

Thank you Robin for telling about this RP.
Kethasbro
Shield Bearer

Postby Kethasbro » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:39 pm

oops :whistle:
Kethasbro
Shield Bearer

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:53 pm

OOC:
Keth- We have a thread set aside for talking about this RP..Just look for [i]OOC The Corsairs Of Middle Earth. This is for Role Playing ONLY! so if you would be so Kind as to edit what you have already wirten in here and post an introduction of you charicter into the story it was greatly be appreciated, Thanks

The day wore on as the overwhelmine since of Loss darkened the feel about the Nox. Robin and Gloam worked for severial hours on end with not much luck. The power that would be needed it they were ever to counter the evil that had befallen their dear friend was more than they could counger up at this time.

A desision had to be made and Celebel's body could not stay abord the ship..it would be a dangerious destraction if they ever came into a fight. Cal and Blade had talked things over and decided that she would be seter off in the capible hands of the witch that Gloam and Roberts had decovered, and that she waould be paid well for her services.

The woman that had snuck abord on the other hand was escorted off the ship and sent on her. But not after she was given a "reminder" to never step one foot near this ship or her crew EVER again, under a more "sevier" punishment.

They sky was growing dark and the repairs to the Nox were comming along as planned, along with their Captain's quick recovery from his illness. It would only be a matter of a few days before he and what was left of his crew would be on thier way to Gondor to hunt down the key to braking Robin's curse...before her next birthday!
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Tanwen_Luthien » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:20 am

Vanessa’s hands were clasped together on her lap. Her head was bowed. The same weight that hung over the ship seemed to pull her shoulders down. Celebel. Dead. It was surreal. It was strange, but achingly familiar. They had spoken. She had laughed. She had fought and wept and lost and lived in fear of the past; a past that Vanessa knew next to nothing about. She was a face. She was a name. She was her movement and words. What was Celebel now? A body? A memory? A blankness within the hearts of her crewmates of an absence that would be eternally felt? She was Celebel, and she was lost.

Vanessa sighed.
‘I didn’t even know her,’ she whispered to the empty cabin, ‘not really.’
But she had been a companion. A brave, canny companion with a tormented past. She had existed so near to Vanessa that she became a certainty; something that would always be there. It was security to believe that some parts of life were constant. Vanessa realized that she had allowed the crew to become something close to family, although perhaps she could never bridge that gap that had opened with the loss of her parents and brother. Now she had withdrawn again. This was an all-too-familiar cold shock, and Vanessa hadn’t eaten since the morning before at the inn. Her stomach twisted, but she felt that each bite of food that slipped into her belly would be vomited out again the next moment. It was like her body had lost the instinct to nourish and Vanessa her will to feed.

Carnil was taking it hardest. He alternated between extremes. Sometimes he occupied himself with vigorous work; coiling rope so quickly it burned his fingers and scrubbing the deck till his knees swelled, as though somehow his pain and sacrifice could numb the ache of his heart. Most of the time, however, he sat alone, either staring towards the dark ocean beneath a steely sky or retiring to his bunk where he lay on his back but didn’t speak. He spoke little, and ate nothing. Vanessa could see the pain in his eyes, in his every movement of living. Surely, if it were released in tears he would weep for days, weeks, years. But to cry was confirmation, and some part of him was still denying it all.
Anger will be next, Vanessa thought, then Bargaining, Depression and, maybe one day, Acceptance.
It didn’t seem possible, but one day there would be acceptance. Maybe he would wake one morning to a sunrise over the sea, think of Celebel, and smile instead of weep or frown or deny.
One day.

There was a hush over the ship. It was not sinister, or ominous. It was a quiet, profound, grieving hush like an evening fog. Crew members hunched and huddled and sighed and, occasionally, the soft sound of weeping could be heard from some anonymous corner of the ship. It had been a day now. Celebel had been dead for a day. Night had passed with indifference to bring a cold, grey morning. Sounds of joy and life and conversation drifted from the fish-market on the shore and infiltrated the air with unwelcome sentiment.

Tonight Celebel’s body would be taken to the witch-woman; perhaps embalmed, perhaps simply left to itself. The choice to leave the body in care instead of burying it denoted a certain remnant of hope and denial. Perhaps she could still be saved, but they all knew better. Carnil was with Celebel now. He would likely stay there till nightfall when Blade and Roberts would come to carry her away, and Carnil might follow, or the pain might be too great. The ship would set sail tomorrow. All supplies had been replenished, and Celebel had been lost.
They would be ready to leave, tomorrow.

Until then Vanessa would sit on her bunk clasping her hands and whispering sorrow into the darkness around her, as the grey clouds cracked and thin rain drifted like a mourning veil over the ship, the ocean, and everything.
Tanwen_Luthien
Ranger of the North

Postby The-dreaded-Pirate » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:17 pm

After Celebel's body was ready, Roberts and Gloam both over saw its transporting. Carnil fought with the older man about going with them but Roberts informed him that the woman that had agreed to handle things would only alow himself and Gloam to be involved from here on out. A horse drawn on was brought to the docks and Celebel was finaly taken from the Nox. It was a sade time for her crew as the watched thier frend and crew mate leave them, posibly never to return.

By the time the two men had returned, Cal and Blade had passed judgment upon the tress passer and banished her from thier ship under the condition that if she was even seen near the Nox or her crew again with our due cause she will be killed on sight. Robin had been busying herself with cleaning her cabin while trying to keep an eye upon her brother Carnil to make sure that he will not become a danger to himself or others durring his time of greaving.

Roberts soon came upon Vanessa who looked as if she was in need of something to do, "Lass, would ye like ta join me fer a walk? I have ta go and speak with a man fer the Captain about arrainging passage fer us to Gondor" he asked her speaking as if an Uncle would his neice who was in need of chearing up.
The-dreaded-Pirate
Citizen of Imladris

Postby blackthorn » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:22 am

Blade was finishing his third mug of ale when he noticed a smell "Mmmmm… That smells wonderful!" Blade says, breathing in deeply the delicious aroma of the slowly cooking meat. "How much longer until it's done?"

"Depends." The bar keep gives him his trademark every one is welcome grin, that is if you have the coin. "How well do you want it? Raw, medium, well done? The outside of the meat is nicely done, but the inside will be pretty much raw."
"I'll take it medium…” Replied Blade.

“Mind if I join you,” a voice from over Blades shoulder. Blade turned around and eyed the man standing behind him. He was dressed in a standard black robe that he had seen on many a priest devoted to one god or another. He held a quarter staff in one hand tightly griped in the fashion of an experienced warrior. His build was one of the first things Blade noticed with his trained eye, he had the deep chest of a fighter and the look in his eyes, was of some one who had seen too much over the years.

At first appearance, he looked like some one who couldn’t afford a meal of his own, with his soiled robe and sweet covered face. Blade could tell he was not what he appeared but not many were in this kind of establishment.

“It’s a free country,” Blade scoffed as if it didn’t matter and blew the foam off the top of another mug of fresh but warm ale.

The Robed man sat down next to Blade on a three legged stool and rested his staff on the edge of the plank bar. “The names, Roland”

“Congratulations,” snapped Blade.

Roland didn’t know what to make of the man and his hatred for pirates was not helping. He pushed his anger down and tried again. “Can I bye you a Drink?”

“All ready got one,” Blade answered quickly.

“Then how about some thing to eat?”

“Look friend, I would normally talk to you but as it so happens, you have got me at a bad time and I am in no mood for conversation,” Blade lifted his now warmer ale and drank some down.

“If you don’t mind me saying friend, what every is troubling you, you wont find it at the bottom of that glass,” Roland pointed to now empty glass that sat on the bar.

“I do mind, and oh… wait a Moment,” Blade picked up the mug and placed it to his eye, “Your right it’s not at the bottom of this one!”

“I told you it wasn’t,” Replied Roland thinking he had just broken the Ice.

“You know what….., you are absolutely right,” Blade then pounded on the bar with a clenched fist.

“Bar keep.. Bar keep,’ he hollered.

The bar keep not like being rushed from what he was already doing looked up to Blade , “What do you want now?”

“The good fryer here, told me that the answer is not at the bottom of this mug, I want my money back or just keep bring then until I find one with the answers!”

The Bar keep looked at Blade with a sour look then hunched his shoulders and walked to the bar retrieving Blades Mug and then refilled it from under the bar. He placed it down and looked at Blade, “there you go if it ant there it might be in the next one.”

“Right you are my good man,” Blade picked up the glass and cheered the good fryer, “For all the right answers,” then Blade swallowed it on one gulp and slammed it on the bar.

Blade and Roland locked eyes for a moment. A small smile started to form on the corner of each mans lips. The two laugh, breaking the uneasy silence.

“The names, Blade,” He smiled and took Roland’s hand, “Bar keep more ale,” cried Blade
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gloamglozer » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:53 pm

As Gloam climbed the gangplank he looked back along the streets and let his mind wander the path to where the Old Woman's shop was and where Celebel's body now rested.

Roberts and him had warned that if anything ever happened to her the Nox would fire it's full complement of cannons upon the small building. That and a threat from Gloam in an ancient tongue cemented the Woman's promise and fear. Nothing would ever happen to their departed shipmate from now on.

The Quartermaster sighed as he walked across the deck and up to the Quarterdeck where he took up his usual position by one of the wooden railings, looking out to sea.
It was about now that Celebel would normally walk over to him and they would have one of their conversations. She had been through a lot in her life and yet she still laughed as if the past had been a piece of stainless white satin.

Banging his fists on the railing, but without much conviction, Gloam muttered a few magical words and drew a small marble like gem from his many coat pockets. He carefully chanted a long spell which he had been constructing in his head for most of the day. It contained everything which he knew about Celebel.

Closing his fist around the 2-inch diameter gem, he reached out to the Ocean with his other hand. A small orb of water formed and rose from into the palm on his left hand. With a loud crescendo he closed the chant and slammed the orb and the gem together.

He went flying back with the force of the spell but quickly regained his balance. The Marine Sorcerer looked upon a sight he had just created.

An orb of sparkling blue, around 2 foot across, was hovering where Gloam had just been. It crackled and sang with the energy of the lost crewmate. This was the essence of Teth. Her laughter, her acts of service, her love, what she was to everyone.
It would remain there, floating above the Quarterdeck for as long as needed. It would act as a sort of a temporary memorial but more of a counselling technique for the crew. They could come and pay their respects as if they were going to a grave. They could let out their feeling of sorrow or grief and the orb would comfort them by caressing their minds just like one of Teth's conversations would settle peoples minds when she had walked these very planks not 36 hours ago.

For the first time in the last 24 hours a very faint smile crossed Gloam's lips. This ancient Marine Sorcerery tradition would hopefully help his friends and himself come to terms with the still daunting loss of their friends and companion, Tethcelebel
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Tanwen_Luthien » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:48 am

‘A walk,’ Vanessa began, furrowing her brow.
‘Yes, a walk,’ smiled Roberts.
Vanessa shook her head a little to shift her thoughts into movement and out of their shocked stupor.
‘A walk would be fine,’ she said, ‘yes, of course.’
Roberts nodded and held out his hand to help her up.
‘Took you a while there,’ he noted.
‘Yes,’ Vanessa massaged her forehead and walked slowly towards the door beside Roberts, ‘It’s just… everything. You know? My mind’s moving more slowly than normal. It’s like walking through knee deep mud, really. It’s everything that’s happened. Everything.’
They ascended the steps to the galley. Roberts pushed back his hair with one hand.
‘I know what you mean,’ he said, ‘it’s all too much to take in. Too much for a day. Maybe too much for a week or month or whatever else. Maybe it’ll never really sink in.’
They emerged into the open air of the evening. The sky was deep violet-blue with the last lingering shade of pale day resting over the horizon. Gloam was standing at the ship’s rail facing the breeze. He was still and silent, and he did not see them. Vanessa and Roberts descended the gangplank into the cool harbour and up towards the lights of town.

The taverns and inns were bright and bursting this evening, their warm light spilling into the dusty street. Raucous laughter and deep chatter filtered through the doorways. As she passed, Vanessa heard vaguely from one the familiar strains of an old folk song she remembered, and this surprised her. But she supposed that with universal themes like love, joy, anger, hate, fear, bravery, sadness and adventure it was not so hard to believe that a world which spoke her own language could sing her own songs. She hummed softly, and then stopped, feeling somehow irreverent to the memory of her crewmate.
But perhaps, she thought, that is the folly of the grieving; that they make themselves miserable to appease the memory of those lost.
At any rate, she felt no inclination to continue humming, and she and Roberts soon turned a corner and passed beyond the range of the tavern’s noises. Vanessa followed Roberts close, as he was leading them to wherever. He turned to regard her briefly.
‘You hungry?’ he asked.
Vanessa shook her head, then her stomach gurgled and twisted painfully.
‘Yes,’ she admitted, ‘I am rather.’
Roberts nodded.
‘How long since you’ve eaten?’
‘A little over a day I should think,’ she replied.
‘By the gods, we must get some food into you!’
Vanessa smiled.
‘Let us first see this man we need to speak to for Cal,’ she said, ‘my stomach can wait.’
‘If the lady wishes it,’ Roberts inclined his head.

They continued up a narrow street that dipped and opened to a wider way. Now that she was conscious of it, her stomach gnawed at her painfully, but she said nothing else. Her head was feeling a little light, but she was surviving. The streets were a bit darker here. As Vanessa looked around she saw a figure move in the shadows. Her heart jumped, and she moved closer to Roberts, who continued unaware. A fat woman in an apron emerged from the gloom and tottered back to her house, casting them no more than a curious glance. Vanessa sighed with relief, but was still a little unsettled. Suddenly she wondered why she had not thought to ask Roberts more about the nature of this evening walk and of the man they would be meeting. She tugged on his sleeve.
‘Are we nearly there?’ she whispered.
‘Almost.’
They turned another corner and came upon a row of houses. Roberts walked slowly along the street, pausing at the doorways. At last he seemed to find what he was looking for and knocked on a dark wooden door. There was a shuffling noise inside before a pale youth pulled it open and stuck his head out.
‘Yes?’ he asked curiously.
‘My name is Roberts,’ the man began, ‘I come on behalf of Cal, captain of the Nox, to speak with your master.’
‘Right-o,’ the lad nodded and opened the passage wider to admit Vanessa and her crewmate.

Roberts cast one look-over towards the street from whence they had walked before the door was shut behind him. Vanessa watched him with curiosity in the dim light of the passage-way as the youth bid them wait here for a moment while he fetched his master. Roberts’s brows were knit tightly and he seemed a little agitated.
‘What is the matter?’ she asked.
‘In the shadows,’ he said softly, ‘of the street we just walked. I saw something. I think we were followed, but I can’t think why. This isn’t a shady operation. But I’m a little unsettled.’
‘In the shadows? I saw something too,’ nodded Vanessa, ‘but it was only a woman, forty or so, and she went into her house straight after.’
‘A woman?’ Roberts looked at her, ‘Well that all sounds quite harmless. Perhaps it was just a woman after all. Just something harmless in the shadow.’
He nodded slowly. Vanessa said nothing. Perhaps they had seen two different things. Perhaps there was someone following.
However at that moment the boy returned to summon them both into the master’s parlour.
Tanwen_Luthien
Ranger of the North

Postby The-dreaded-Pirate » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:22 pm

"Roberts Its good to see ye again!" The master sopke up in a chearful tone "Who's the prity young lass there? Taking in more whelps aye?" he laughed

Roberts chuckled, mostly out of releaf "This be a crew mate of mine, she still be learning the ropes" he explained. Looking down at Vanessa he could see that she was a still on edge, "Its alright Lass, this be Gibbs ( :P ) He's the best farry boatsmen in Middle Earth" he explained softly to her.

"Don't be payin no atenion to this old seadogs tails young Missy" Gibbs winked . Walking over to his desk he sat down into his chair and motioned for his guests to do the same "Now what be the venture yer on that ye'll be needing me help?" he asked geting right to the point.

Roberts leaned forward, "We be needed to barder passage fer me crey to Gondor, No questions asked! and also I be hopin that ye would be so kind as ta watch over the Nox, while we be gone?" he explined.

Gibbs smiled and nodded "Done! My son has a shipment going north the day after tomarrow. Yer all more that welcome to join him and I'll make sure no harm comes to yer ship eather" he replied leaning back in his chair.

Roberts stood up "Thank's I'll be by tomarrow to speak with yer son. Now if you will excuse us, we be havin a nother mater to attend to this evening" he explained with a laugh.

Gibbs stood up and showed Roberts and Vanessa to the door, "He'll be expectin ye" he smiled "Have a good evenin now"

Roberts and Vanessa walked back out onto the street, Looking down he could see that she was a little wair of the shadows "Aye, don't ye worry non Lass. I won't let anything happen to ye" He spoke. Holding out his arm " Shail esscort a pritty yong lass to dinner?" he asked with a charming smile.
The-dreaded-Pirate
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Kethasbro » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:23 pm

Keth walks down the pier he spy's a ship named Dead of night decides sneaks aboard and talk to the Captain about a job. He caries out his plan.

“Hello Captain I'm looking for a job.

Captain Cal taken by surprise looks up from the charts he was studying to see the point of one Keths swords.

“How did you get past my guards.”

“Easy I came in the window. Now seeing as I don't think your going to try to kill me I think we can talk about that job.”

“Whats there to talk about your hired.”
Kethasbro
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)