Born Beneath the Shadow OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Celebria » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:42 pm

Great post, Nim! Very sweet! Melody fits into our traveling band very well. :)

The cave thing is an idea I had for our group to encounter a little trouble. I had this thought of them using a cave for shelter from a storm or something and then there's a landslide or quake and the exit is blocked and we have to travel through this series of caverns and find our way, or fight our way as the case may be, out by using teamwork and stuff. So, that's it. Whaddaya think? :P
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:49 pm

OH! I like it a lot! :D Where will this happen? Like, geographically?

Glad you liked the post. :D

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Celebria » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:08 pm

I was thinking that we'd travel a few more days and then devise a reason to take refuge in a cave in the Misty Mountains which we're traveling close to as we head north. :) In the foothills, or something. We're past the area around Isengard already.
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:55 am

Okay. :D Thanks for the heads up as to where we are. :D And I love the idea. :) The Misty Mountains...there'll be orcs around. :twisted:

Another question, what time does this fall on in line with the Fellowships moving? LIke, are they set out yet? Cause I was thinking, if the time is right, that we could meet the fellowhip (in passing) since we're near the Misty Mts. But it all depends on time.

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Celebria » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:35 am

Nim, we're in October of 3018 right now and headed north. I was thinking of arriving in Rivendell in time to possibly see the Fellowship off on their quest. So maybe we could see them that way. :)

EDIT: Well, we have a storm and a cave, people! This should be all kinds of fun! :twisted:
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Devrin of Gondor » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:17 pm

Cel, I hope you won’t kill me but I had the cave-in separate the group. If you really don’t like it let me know and I’ll change some things. :)

Nim, I have Melody following Devrin into a passageway off of the cave that later collapses. Is that ok? :)

Here’s the skinny:
Devrin, Melody, Gildor, and Celebria, are in the cave, which has been sealed from the outside by the cave-in. Devrin thinks Halith found the passage and went down ahead of them but he’s not certain of that. :wink:

Hope everyone is doing well :) (let me know if you guys hate it), Baron
Devrin of Gondor
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Gildor of Mirkwood » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:00 am

Good posts Nim, Cel, and Baron. :) I really like the way the story is developing. What is up with Halith though? :? I guess we can find him later. I think we should spend a little time here exploring the caves before we find a way out or anything like that. Here are some ideas that have been discussed: :)

1. A cavern with spiders – large of course for a great battle. We could even throw in an orc or two for good measure?

2. Having the caves been explored by dwarves at an earlier time who would have added tunnels between caverns etc. (I envision a network of underground caves)

3. Do we want to discover an abandoned dragon’s lair or anything like that?

4. Some sort of door made by the Dwarves that we must use a key to open. We have to find the key and open the door to get out of the cavern we’re in and eventually find our way out.

5. Cel are you introducing Meldanon soon? (He is the ranger friend of Celebria’s father from an earlier post).

I will work on a post of Gildor’s thought and perspective and everyone else can do the same and come up with more ideas. :) Gil

Edit: Well I put something up. I figure we'll make our way down the path next... I thought we could find the two orcs in the cave somewhere and kill them, unless someone wants one for a pet that is. :lol:

I made it clear where the characters are located and the separations were for a reason. We felt it was too difficult to write the cave sequence for characters who do not have writers. This also is a warning of sorts. If you want to stay in the story we need to hear from you and you need to start posting for your character.

Shadow and Aduil we have not heard from you in some time either IC or OOC. If you want to stay in this story we really need to hear from you. If we don't hear from you we will allow the separation to continue and have the part of the group without writers traveling separately. That way you can rejoin our group if you can post again later. :)
Gildor of Mirkwood
Rider of the Mark

Postby Melody of the North » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:42 pm

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around, it's been crazy... anyway.

Good post Cel. :D

Baron, I like! And I'm glad you had Melody follow. :D I'll work on a post for her pov soon, but I really need to get to bed. Would yall waiting to post until I get one up? Thanks.

Gil ~ Good post. :D I like the ideas so far, and I understand the seperation deal...

I'll work on my post, please wait for me. :D

Nim
Melody of the North
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Shadow_of_the_Past » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:46 am

hey guys i know i said i would post about a week ago but things really got away from me. My family stayed a bit longer then expected and i wasnt as prepared for worn art as i thought. Yes i understand the separation and have nothing against it :) ill catch up on the ooc and ic and then i will post if i have time :)

My apologies everyone i feel like the bum of the century :P
Shadow_of_the_Past
Rider of the Mark

Postby Celebria » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:36 am

Hey, Shadow, it's really good to see you! Sorry about RL being so hectic and tiring. Hope things calm down for you soon. Don't feel bad about anything. Yes, we've separated out some of the characters, but that was not only to make things easier on us writers; it's also to take the pressure off you guys when you're busy so you don't feel like you have to constantly come up with something. Okay? You're not allowed to feel bad! :lol:

When you're ready again, we'll have Lessa meet back up with the group after they get out of the caves. You know, if they get out! :twisted: And if you want to post before then, post about the group's perspective on the other side of the cave-in. I'd love to have a post on that! Also, I'm going to be bringing in a new Ranger character and maybe Lessa would like to meet up with him. :wink:

Anyway, bottom line is don't stress! We haven't forgotten you. See ya around. 8)

Nim, no problem, sweetie! We'll wait however long you need. Can't wait for Melody's view on all this insanity! :P
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Melody of the North » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:25 am

Hey Shadow! :D :hug: I know how that goes... my weeks are just flying by! :| :hug:

Cel ~ Thanks hon! :D I'll work on that right now. I was planning on doing this yesterday, but I had more homework than I thought... :| Hate it when that happens...but I'm homesick today so I should have time to get that written up good (hopefully good. :roll: ) and posted here pretty soon. :D

Nim
Melody of the North
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Celebria » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:14 pm

Hello, everyone. Due to some personal reasons just recently, I won't be continuing this story. I'm sorry to close it out, but I can't give any more time to it in the near future. :( I want you guys to know that you all have been great! It's been a pleasure! Good luck! :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Kethasbro » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:27 pm

Name : Halith
Race : two-thirds man and one-third elf
Height : six foot
Primary Weapon : one elvish sword
Other Weapon(s) : Bow and arrows and dagger.
Skills : tracking hunting
Mother: unknown
father: Beregond
History : born in Gondor his father died when he was 7 he live as a stable boy till about 20. Then he bought a bow and a dagger he made for the Bree on his way acquired a few helpful skills he made it to Bree but on his way back he came across a troll cave and camped there for the nightand found a elvish sword. On his way through the gap he came across Celebria and her compony and joined.
Appearance : blackish blondiish longish hair long sleeve shirt black leather vest black pants black boots and the sword at his side bow and arrows and dagger on his back.
Kethasbro
Shield Bearer

Postby Kethasbro » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:29 pm

Name : Halith
Race : two-thirds man and one-third elf
Height : six foot
Primary Weapon : one elvish sword
Other Weapon(s) : Bow and arrows and dagger.
Skills : tracking hunting
Mother: unknown
father: Beregond
History : born in Gondor his father died when he was 7 he live as a stable boy till about 20. Then he bought a bow and a dagger he made for the Bree on his way acquired a few helpful skills he made it to Bree but on his way back he came across a troll cave and camped there for the nightand found a elvish sword. On his way through the gap he came across Celebria and her compony and joined.
Appearance : blackish blondiish longish hair long sleeve shirt black leather vest black pants black boots and the sword at his side bow and arrows and dagger on his back.
Kethasbro
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebria » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:12 pm

Halith looks cool, Keth, but I'm sorry. I'm shutting down this story until further notice! Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Good luck! :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Devrin of Gondor » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:13 pm

I've put up an ending to the story at Celebria's request.

Thanks to everyone for the opportunity to write with you all. :)
Devrin of Gondor
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Nimhiril » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:24 pm

Thanks Baron. :( Good post, I loved it. Wishing the best to you in life.
God Bless
Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Celebria » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:32 pm

Hey, everyone! Thanks to all of you who helped make my first RP story a good one! It's been quite the journey and I've learned a lot that has helped me branch out to join and begin many other stories. I don't feel like a newbie anymore. :) I wish you guys the best of luck and maybe I'll see some of you in the future on another story! 8)

Namarie
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:51 pm

Locked at the request of the thread creator.

Congratulations on finishing your story!
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)