Born Beneath the Shadow OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Shadow_of_the_Past » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:05 pm

Torns right, dometimes people make their chars more gods than anything else :P so sometimes you have to tell them to tone it down a little.

Yes Sith I am an Aussie, And I want more than anything in the world to live in new zealand 8) :P
Shadow_of_the_Past
Rider of the Mark

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:42 pm

Oh wow. That is so cool. What's it like down/over there? What's the weather like? What kind of things do you do for fun? Sorry 'bout all the questions, but I love Australia. I want to go to college there, but it's a little much for out-of-country tuition these days. ;) :roll: :P

Also, everyone. I know it's only Tuesday, but Friday I am leaving to go camping in Asheville. I may not be able to post by then, so whoever wants to use my character, you know where she's at. Just make sure she doesn't, like, try to table dance or anything. :twisted: :roll: :P 8) :) :wink:

And, just a thought (and it's really not my place to say this, so please don't hate me) but I've noticed a few grammar mistakes or some spelling issues in some people's posts. Just a thought - it's good to write your post on Word, or something with spellcheck, so whenever you're done, just check it and copy/paste. AGAIN, just a thought. It's a habit for me, so you don't need to do it or anything. :) :) :) :) :) 8)

§God Bless§
~sith~
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:34 am

oooo! me! I know I deffinitely suffer from bad spelling :P I'm afraid I've always been rather horrible at catching my own mistakes, and as such Word is a great help indeed, but it doesn't catch everything I fear. One problem I have is that I rarely have time to proof read. Like for the post I just posted. I'm going to sleep right now instead of prood read it, and for that I am sorry.

Anyway, I did post, got us to our first camp sight were Sith or Shadow can join the party if you guys would like to, or both, I'm not picky :D

I'm afraid I didn't develope much in the way of character, this post for me was mainly establishing the rout and getting us on our way. We'll see what happens now...

*sight* now I really must away to the sack! night!

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:44 am

Luke Skywalker...oh...umm... wrote:oooo! me! I know I deffinitely suffer from bad spelling :P I'm afraid I've always been rather horrible at catching my own mistakes, and as such Word is a great help indeed, but it doesn't catch everything I fear. One problem I have is that I rarely have time to proof read. Like for the post I just posted. I'm going to sleep right now instead of prood read it, and for that I am sorry.

Well then get rest, my friend! Get rest. Lord knows I needed it last night... :oops: But, don't worry about the mistakes, really. It was just a suggestion. :)

EDIT: Okay, I finally posted. Cel, I hope you don't mind, I used your char for a second. I hope it was okay. :)

Also, I never said when I'd be back. I'll be getting home on Wednesday, around 8/9/10ish, so I probably won't be able to get back on until Thrusday or even Friday. But I will try, depending on how much energy I have left in my system... :) :P :roll: :wink:

§God Bless§
~sith~
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:58 am

I have way too much time on my hands... :whistle:

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

§God Bless§
~sith~

P.S. does anyone here have AIM? Just wondering, because I can't sign on, so all I can ever do is AIM express... j/w :)
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:48 pm

Hey Sith, I went ahead an replied. Lets see how this unfolds. Luke's nature is to be fairly unagressive if he can let an offense pass he will as apposed to killing anyything he decides is threatening. He has good reason to be this way as will be shown in his history when more of that comes out :P

So right now, unless your char gives him a pretty clear intention of hostile intent he wont shoot. :) but then he is getting impatient.

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:35 pm

So, I already posted. I hope I didn't make Luke too much of a sucker. ;) If I did, let me know. I can always change it. And no one has to be nice to her, they can still critisize her if they want. She's use to it.

Ell: Yah, from you!
Sith: Oh shut up.
Ell: *Sticks tongue out*

But yah. If I don't post again by tommorrow or so, I won't be back until like next Thurs/Fri. You know. And don't be afraid ta use Ell, just... make sure she doesn't start drinking... then she'll get really wild. ;)

§God Bless§
~sith~
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:49 pm

Heh, no problem Sith, Luke us patient in the extreme so he doesn't rise much, which does quite often give him the impression of being a sucker. I don't mind a whole lot, as you can see by my latest post, he isn't so dense :D

Hope you don't mind how I used Ell, I thought that might be how she would respond and such. If anything needs changing, let me know.

Cel, things are deffinitely going along. Don't worry, Luke deffinitely thinks your capable, but he does have sort of a guardian complex going on. :P

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:44 pm

AHHH! Quill, you played her perfectly! I was smiling when I read the post. :) I know, I know, I'm lame, :oops: but you seem to know my char perfectly. Cool beans and hot rice! ;) :roll: :wink: :P

I think I shall post soon.. hmmm...

§God Bless§
~sith~
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebria » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:05 pm

Great posts, guys! We are definitely cooking now! :) Sith, good writing! Your character has spice. :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:11 pm

True that, Sith, lots of spice. I do like your char, its because her personality is so bold that its easey to guess what she would say. Almost the same with you, Cel. Though your char is a little more reserved from what I can tell so its a little tougher in one sense, but since your char is alot more like mine that helps alot :P

I fear I have a bad habbit of making my chars have more reserved and therefore suttle personalities. So sometimes they are harder for others to play, but go ahead and try anyway if you like, I don't mind :)

~Quim
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Celebria » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:15 pm

Quill, having your bio (which is very good, by the way) I think really helps in playing your character. He's complex, so I'll try to stay true to that. :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby blackthorn » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:18 pm

A couple more posts and Kon should be meeting up with some. But every ones characters seam fun can’t wait. But I will. :)
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:56 pm

Can't wait till you jump into the mix, Kon. It will certainly be interesting.

Ahh, sorry. :shock: I posted again. :oops: But I just don't know when to stop. :P This RP is turning out to be quite fun. :P :roll: :wink: :twisted: :)

§God Bless§
~sith~
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Shadow_of_the_Past » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:58 pm

Dang it! this is what happens when i go to sleep :P

:shock: Must.... Not.... Sleep :shock:

thats the problem when living in Oz 8)
Shadow_of_the_Past
Rider of the Mark

Postby Celebria » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:09 pm

Hey, Shadow! Don't worry, Kon still has to join the group yet, and there's plenty of options for you to pop in. :) How's the wizard?
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadow_of_the_Past » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:46 am

Cel, he's good... still wont give me the brain I asked for... Im functioning off my brain ooze at the moment. :P

Off to read posts 8)

Edit: read them, they are great. I *finally* have and idea for an entrance fitting for my char. I will jump in when Ell is settled in 8) :thumbsup:
Shadow_of_the_Past
Rider of the Mark

Postby Celebria » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:13 am

Tell me about it! Oh, if I only had...a few more neurons firing! :P Can't wait to meet your character. Hopefully, she won't try to kill us like Nyx did. :wink: Else, we're going to have some serious trust issues. I wonder, how many more milennia before we can get a decent psychologist? :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:43 am

*gasp* Ell was soo not trying to kill you!

Ell: Yes I was. :twisted:
Sith: No, you weren't.
Ell: Yes I was. *pokes sith with spear and runs away* :twisted: :twisted:
Sith: ... :shock: :oops:

But anywho, Shadow, I'm not sure if Luke and Cel are going to let Ell settle in. ;) :roll: :wink: :P But you can in anytime. :)

§God Bless§
~sith~
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebria » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:59 am

Oh, yeah! My mistake. She was only thinking about trying to kill us! :lol: Come on, Sith! Ell's not the "settle in" type... :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:14 am

Of course she's not. 8) She's a Jedi like that. :P

§God Bless§
~sith~
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebria » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:48 am

Hey, Sith! I hope you have a really great time while you're gone! I just have a few questions about Ell in the meantime. There are two possible ways to handle this: Do you want Ell to part company with the others for a while and then come back in when you return? Or do you want to travel with us and then we handle your char while you're gone? If you decide the latter, how should we handle Ell? Do you want her to thaw a little or stay kind of prickly? Oh, yes. And will there be any more attempts on our lives? :lol: I can't help it! I loved that part! :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:41 am

Well if you love her that much :wink: go ahead and keep her in the company. I guess she can thaw a little, but she will still not really like to be told what to do, and she'll probably make more snide remarks, if you know what I mean. :P :) :wink: :roll:

As for the killing thing, I guess since she "trusts" Cel and Luke, she might try to be funny and fake an attempt.

Thanks a bunch!

§God Bless§
~sith~
Last edited by Sith~Happens1292 on Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebria » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:04 pm

Um, not to be stupid, but who's Frea? :roll:
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:26 pm

WOW. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I feel really stupid. Frea is actually Shadows character from the Servants of Morgoth.. Once again, my stupidity shines through... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

EDIT: Changed it... :roll:

§God Bless§
~sith~
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebria » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:48 pm

Now, now. None of that negative self-talk. Dr. Phil wouldn't approve. :lol:

OK, great. Now, don't you worry about a thing. We'll take good care of Ell. Say good-bye, Ell.

Ell: As if!

I've got it all written down right here. *consults notebook* Oh, yes. No drinking and no table dancing. *pats Ell on the head*

Ell: Touch me again and I'm sticking this spear in your eye.

See? I've got her down perfectly! :) Have a nice trip!

To Ell: Let me guess. Nobody gave you milk and cookies when you were a
kid...
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:10 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D HEHE! Yep, got her down just right! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ell: You're leaving me?!
Sith: Well, my family actually cares about me.
Ell: *tears up*
Sith: Suck it up... Do you want some cookies?
Ell: Shove it.
Sith: You keep sayin things liket that and I'll take that spear and shove it right up your -
Cel: :Q :shock:
Quill :nono:
Sith: Goodbye evryone!
Ell: *Aims spear right at Sith's head*
(To Ell)Sith: Keep dreamin'.
Ell: :whistle:

§God Bless§
~Sith~
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:14 pm

I was just wonderin', are you guys waiting for me to post? If you are, please tell me. :)

§God Bless§
~ Sith ~
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebria » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:22 pm

It's up to you. Or Luke can introduce himself next. But I think we still need a viable reason for Ell to travel along. Any ideas, guys? :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:27 pm

She could help them with security issues. :wink: :roll: :P Or maybe even tracking (not that they have anything to track). I'm not really sure. What Cel said: any ideas?

§God Bless§
~sith~
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)