Born Beneath the Shadow OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Celebria » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:02 pm

Sounds good, Nim! Enjoy homecoming! :)

I posted. Please forgive the terrible length. For some reason, I couldn't tell all that any more concisely. :roll: I put everyone in camp for the first time in a week. Feel free to still tell any part of the crossing you'd like from your character's point of view, guys. I hope I didn't mess anyone up. :)

Now that we're in camp, it's a good time to meet new characters! :wink: I'm also toying with the idea of finding a pub or inn somewhere soon to rest in, so that's an option for meeting people, too. Let me know any ideas you all have! 8)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Melody of the North » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:14 pm

Yay Cel, I'll go read it now. :D I might start my journey, not with you guys, but on my way to an in or something and we can meet up there. :D How's that sound? And homecoming was so fun! Oh my gosh! :D

Loves!
Nim
Melody of the North
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Celebria » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:43 am

Okay, Nim! We'll take our group to an inn/pub that isn't too far north of our group's camp after everone's had a chance to sleep and eat and recover in general. It'll be fun to meet your character there! 8) Glad to hear homecoming was great!

Keth, you can have your character there at the same pub along the road, if you want, and we'll see him/her there, too! :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Baron » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:15 pm

Welcome Keth and Nim/Mel! It's great to be getting more writers! :)

A pub with a bed, ale, and new riders (and writers) sounds good to Devrin :wink:

Sounds like a party in the making :twisted:
Baron
Shield Bearer

Postby Melody of the North » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:11 pm

Baron ~ That's what I was thinking! :D :P :twisted: Melody wont be tied down either... :P She'll be able to have a little more fun! :P

Cel ~ Sounds good, I'll work on a post for her entry before she meets up with you guys, kinda like Gil did.

Mel
Melody of the North
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Celebria » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:19 am

Hey, everyone! I need to let you all know that RL is going to be getting really crazy for me in a couple of weeks. I’ve gotta get ready to move and that’s always a huge job. In light of that, and the fact that I won’t really be posting during this time, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Anyway, feel free to post whenever you guys want and I’ll talk to ya’ll later when I’m settled! :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Melody of the North » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:43 pm

Hope the move's going well Cel! :D

Well, I got my entry post done up. :D What did you guys think? I'll edit it if you don't like it. Thank guys! :D

Mel
Melody of the North
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Gildor of Mirkwood » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:35 pm

Good post Nim, I didn't realized Melody was so lethal. :wink: I talked to Cel a little while ago and she says she can't wait to meet up with her. :) Gil
Gildor of Mirkwood
Rider of the Mark

Postby Melody of the North » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:55 pm

Thanks. :D Yeah...she did get off to a rough start in Tolfalas. :P But yeah, she can do some damage. ;) Did you talk to her via Email or via phone? Either way, tell her high and that I can't wait either. :D

Mel
Melody of the North
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Shadow_of_the_Past » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:54 am

hey guys
im sorry that i havnt been on lately, got a couple of relatives up and im flat out. tomorrow ill catch up and post 8)
Shadow_of_the_Past
Rider of the Mark

Postby Nimhiril » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:05 pm

That's okay Shadow, just glad you're back. :D

Good post Gil! I very much enjoyed it. :D

Just curious, do you think you guys are going to be at the inn by tomorrow (in the RP days, not RL days) :? Just wondering. :D

Loves!
nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Gildor of Mirkwood » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:10 pm

Shadow, good to see you! :)

Nim, thanks, and yes I think we could arive at the Inn by tomorrow afternnoon RP time. :)

Gil
Gildor of Mirkwood
Rider of the Mark

Postby Nimhiril » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:21 pm

Thanks for the info. :D I might make a post that puts Melody in bed... hm... we'll have to see, nevermind I'll just post her the next day. Forget my randomness. :roll: It doesn't make much sense to me either. :roll:

Loves!
Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Devrin of Gondor » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:52 pm

Hi everyone, good posts! :)

Thanks to everyone for the prayers!

My surgery went very well today, and I spent the afternoon reading posts and wrote a little something from Devrin’s perspective before I totally ran out of energy.

Oh, and since I see the “in” thing is to have a login with each character’s name, I made one for Devrin. :wink:

Well, off to take more pain pills and a nap. Baron
Devrin of Gondor
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Nimhiril » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:49 pm

Baron ~ Glad all went well and that you're recoverying. :D And awesome post by the way, I very much enjoyed it. :D And I love your alt. :D I like how you put "of Gondor" Kinda like my "Melody of the North" which, I'm not on at the moment... oh well. :D

Oh, hey, did you guys want me to write a Melody part where she observes you guys come in or something? Not necissarily meet you yet, but notice you arive? I would enjoy that I think. :D

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Gildor of Mirkwood » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:15 pm

That sounds good Nim. :) Go for it! I'm trying to convince Cel to take a break from packing and write one too. I think we might stay a day and a couple nights before we leave. Some of the characters want to have some fun. :wink:
Gildor of Mirkwood
Rider of the Mark

Postby Melody of the North » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:00 pm

Okay then, I got it up. :D Let me know if there's anything I need to change...I sure will. :D And I can understand wanting to have some fun. ;)

Nim
Melody of the North
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:12 pm

HEY EVERYONE!! HUGS FOR ALL!! :grouphug:

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Even though I wont be on again for a while, I just wanted to say how much I missed RP with you all! And I see we have a newcomer! WELCOME!

I wish Cel was on ... :( Anyways, RL is getting hectic - but we won 1st place Drumline Saturday! YAY! Next Saturday - I think we'll win. :)

I'm really sorry I haven't been checking up like said I would, but you know how high school is.. so.... LOVE YOU GUYS!

§God Bless§
~sith~

p.s. - they're putting my info for the skool computers, so I may be able to access through that - but we'll have to see.

LOVE YA'LL!
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebria » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:01 pm

Hey, everyone! Just checking in to say hi and great posts, guys! :)

Shadow, how's it going? Good luck with the fam'! We're all staying at an inn and there's gonna be drinking, so jump in whenever you want! :P

Sith, I'm so happy to see you! Congrats on winning! Good luck next time, too! I miss RPing with you, hon! :hug: I know you'll be back around when RL slows down, though. Me too. :roll:

I'll try to get up a post soon, but please be patient with me right now. It's crazy! :lol:
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:07 pm

Sith ~ Thanks for the welcome. :D Nice to meet you! And I understand the highschool life thing. :shock: Man-o-man, but that's awesome about the drum line! w00t! I'm sure you'll win next saturday too. :D

Cel ~ Good to see you hon! :D How's it going? I'll be patient with you, promise. ;) So does this mean Melody is allowed to get drunk? :twisted: This should be easy and fun. :P

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Celebria » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:00 am

Okay, I pretty much stayed up half the night, but I got a post up. :P It's just a preliminary of sorts to get things going for our group at the inn. I don't mind if we take our time here as I'm busy right now, so feel free to post any activities and such that ya'll want. Have fun with it! 8)

Nim, I only briefly mentioned your character in this one but there'll be plenty of time for her to get acquainted with our motley crew! I have some ideas already for another post later. :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:54 pm

That's fine Cel. :D Feel free to email with that idea. :D And good post hon! I very much enjoyed it!

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Gildor of Mirkwood » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:15 am

Nim, Shadow, and Aduial, feel free to post on the evening just don’t move us along too quickly as we want everyone to have an opportunity to have some fun. :twisted:

Baron, Cel, and I have been discussing the direction of the story and some issues that have developed of late. About half of the characters no longer have writers who post. Some of these writers have simply not returned after absences or have ceased to maintain contact at all. Baron and I have noticed this is a drag on the story and has been an increasing burden on Cel. She has been very busy with life and is in the process of relocating. :)

We have decided that these characters will be sent on side missions from here and not travel with the group from here. This is NOT meant to in any way remove anyone from the story but simply make it easier for the remaining writers especially Cel. ALL of these writers are welcome to simply write their characters rejoining the group as soon as they are able to post again. Baron and I will be helping as much as possible with this transition. What we will do is simply send the characters on a side mission whose writers have failed to make contact in the last few weeks and have not given current direction for their character.

Feel free to email me using the link at the bottom of this post if you have any questions or concerns about this. :) Thanks, Gil
Gildor of Mirkwood
Rider of the Mark

Postby Nimhiril » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:34 pm

I don't have a problem with the character thing, and I can see how it's hard on Cel. But then, my character is not the one being removed.... so yeah. Who all are we talking about?

I may or may not post on this real soon...I'm kinda busy until...well. I'll be busy. I don't know, maybe I'll work on one tonight after I get my gobs of homework done... yuck. Anyway, I deffinetly wont having anything up tonight... so yeah. Anyone got an idea on how I could aproach the group? Maybe Luke or something?

Wait, Luke's not one of the characters we're sending off, is it?

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Devrin of Gondor » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:18 pm

Nim, and Shadow, if I need to change anything about your characters let me know. Feel free to use Devrin in your posts if you want. :)

Nim, if you want, Mel can come over to our table to say thanks or something. Everyone would invite her to sit down and join in the fun if she does. :) Most of all, everyone have fun! :twisted:
Devrin of Gondor
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Melody of the North » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:34 pm

Baron ~ OKay, I think I will. :D I'll work on that tonight and if I don't get it up tonight I'll get it up tomorrow morning. :D And no, you handled Mel fine. :D No changes on my part. :D

Loves!
Nim
Melody of the North
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Gildor of Mirkwood » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:33 am

Shadow and Aduial, feel free to write something if you happen by! :)

Nim, I hope we haven't changed things too much. I tried to leave the drinking game going and plenty of activity for you to join in. :) I guess once you read the IC you will see who is leaving. Those two will leave in the morning and Kon will be written out in Rivendell when we get there as it seems more appropriate that way. (Unless his writer returns, of course). It is sad to see them go :( but their writers will hopefully write them returning to the group when they have time to post again. :)

Cheers! Gil
Gildor of Mirkwood
Rider of the Mark

Postby Melody of the North » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:59 am

Nope, you guys didn't affect me really at all. :D Just had to make a few minor changes. :D Good posts by the way! And I got the impression Luke was...whose the second? Gwain?

Anyway, hope you liked my post, feel free to inform me if anything needs to be changed....I left it rather open so you all could say whatever you wanted to Mel... :D

Nim
Melody of the North
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Celebria » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:31 am

Great posts, everyone! This is a really fun part of the story! I've been enjoying it so much that I've been writing when I should be doing something else! :roll:

Anyway, yeah, Luke, Kon (who isn't with our group right now, Nim :) ), and Gwain are taking side quests for a while. It was a really hard decision to make, but life is hectic and I've been having a really hard time writing for so many characters and trying to do them justice. I felt it was kinder to send them off than give them so little time in the spotlight. When I agreed to carry some of them, I didn't realize how hard that would actually be. Such are the mistakes of a newbie RPer... :oops: As Gil has said, their writers are most welcome to return these characters to the group when they're free to post again. 8)

So, fantastic job, guys! I'm looking forward to what happens next! :P
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby Melody of the North » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:32 am

Cel ~ WELL, I think it's great to have you here again. :P Who cares about work, right? No, I'm just kidding. ;) But it is good to see you. :hug: Glad you're enjoying the posts and writing some. :D I think that it was a good decision and it's also good they can write themselves back in. :)

Loves!
Nim
Melody of the North
Citizen of Imladris

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)