SILENT ALL THESE YEARS; OOC planning thread

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby bill_n_sam » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:59 am

Elfkin Your character looks fine. Sorry I didn't mean to question her ability to lactate :P I guess sometimes I just think too much. But the idea about multiple wives is a good one, and like in Tobias' character's bio, concubines are more than plausible too.

Blue flowers . . .? Oh, yeah - that one! :rofl:

Sea Spirit Welcome! Of course we'd love to have you join us. You can come up with a character (looks like Rhovanion slave, Gondorian trader or Easterling whatever are the choices) and post a short bio here. Thanks for your interest.

Riot Any time you think you might have the time to join would be great. :)

Tobias Yihenna looks great. What a brat! Doesn't she know all parents know what's best for their child? :roll:

Alrighty, here are bios for my two characters:

Name: Torgr, usually shortened to Tor

Race: Rhovanion/Easterling

Appearance:

Tor is one of the not uncommon offspring born of an Easterling father and a Rhovanion slave. Of a height somewhere between the two, Tor stands at around 5’8”. Suffering from malnourishment for many years, he is whip thin, but the brutal manual labor he has been forced to endure day in and day out since childhood has made what little there is of him rock hard and tough as nails. His dark brown hair is long and unkempt, tied back with a bit of leather. His skin is tanned a deep ruddy copper from constant exposure to the sun and wind. His few rags are torn and filthy, a rough wool tunic and breeches of a now nondescript grey. He has nothing to wear on his feet. It is mostly his height and his deep green eyes that evidence his Rhovanion heritage.

He carries himself upright and refuses to cringe in fear before his masters, which has garnered more than a few lashes of a whip or the slam of a fist, accompanied by a cruel laugh or a stinging insult. His hands are chapped and scratched from constant labor, and his back bears more than a few scars from the lash. One particularly noticeable scar runs up his left arm, from wrist to elbow, a gruesome, twisting red welt ending in a barely decipherable mark on the inside of his upper arm, the result of his twisting and trying to wrench away when they set the brand to him.

History:

Torgr’s first and only memories are of life in the slave compound. Born to a Rhovanion mother, he has no recollection of her and has been told she died of a fever soon after his birth. Along with whatever other children are born to the field slaves, he was raised by several old women who were too fragile to endure the hard labor and so tended to the cooking, and child care for the mothers who were forced to work in the crops. The lives of these field slaves are brutal and often short, many of them succumbing to illness, injury, or simple exhaustion compounded by severe malnutrition. The Easterlings look upon these men, women and children as little more than animals there to serve in whatever capacity their masters see fit. Torgr has worked at whatever labor he was directed to since childhood. Seven months prior to the opening of our story, he attempted his first escape.

Personality:

Full of anger and bitterness, Tor must endure not only the suffering of being a slave, but also the stigma of being of mixed race. Such individuals are seen as loathsome by many of the Rhovanions, a visual reminder of the cruel impositions of the hated Easterlings. This, and being a field slave, puts him literally at the bottom of the heap. Tor dreams of the day when he can escape his torment, although where he would go if he did gain his freedom, he doesn’t know. He is intelligent and resourceful, but his hatred can blind him, causing him to take too many risks and sometimes do stupid things.

Name: Uldor
Race: Easterling

Appearance:

Uldor is average height for his race, around 5’4”, squat and muscular, although the muscle of his youth is beginning to run to fat. His is swarthy, with coal black, slightly slanted eyes, an overhanging brow, and straight black hair to his shoulders beginning to grizzle with grey. He is clean shaven.
His clothing is good quality wool tunics and breeches, with under tunics of linen. He usually wears a vest of leather. His tow indulgences are a finely tooled leather belt and very fine knee high leather boots. He has a sheepskin hood and cloak for cold weather.

Weapons:

A curved scimitar like sword which he wears at all times and a dagger which he wears thrust in his belt. He also has spears and bows for hunting.

History:

Uldor has been a warrior all his adult life, rising through the ranks until he is now Captain and commander of the military force at the settlement of Vibeka. He is unhappily married to a woman who dotes on their lazy, usually drunken son who is a grave disappointment to Uldor. The boy is a bully, a spendthrift, and, worst of all, a coward. There are several daughters in the family as well, but Uldor spends as little time with his family as possible.

Personality:

Uldor is a fairly simple man, a good leader of soldiers, but not as adept at playing the political games of diplomacy and intrigue, which some of his fellow Easterlings excel at. He can be quite brutal and has no compunction whatsoever in doing whatever it takes to get the job done. He has a tendency to take insult easily and hold grudges for a long time. He is not a man to cross, as he is clever and patient when it comes to getting his revenge.

Tempest I was wondering if we could have Salfang and Uldor kind of at each other's throats? I thought maybe Uldor could be the top military officer there but that Salfang could be the head cheiftain, kind of like being the head political guy in the settlement? I have drafted my first post and it kind of wrote itself that way before I knew it. So let me know, and if that's OK I'll go ahead and open up the IC thread with it.
bill_n_sam
Shield Bearer

Postby Tempest » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:36 am

Sounds good to me! I like the conflict!!!
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby bill_n_sam » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:29 pm

OK, there we go then :) Yay!

Tempest, I hope that works for you. Sorry about calling Salfang a bloated windbag :P My thoughts on sending Tor on to you were that Uldor suspects Salfang of doing a brisk but totally illicit trade in slaves. Uldor hopes to use Tor to bring Salfang down. Of course, if that doesn't fit with what you have in mind for the windbag, I mean, the chieftain, just play it however works well for you. I do think we will be getting a Gondorian trader on board who has few to no scruples and may have a reputation for that kind of trafficking. We'll see. If you have any questions just ask.

Otherwise just jump right on in everyone, whenever and wherever.
bill_n_sam
Shield Bearer

Postby Frelga » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:40 pm

Whoa, folks, you are off to a great start! How I wish I had time for another story.

Signed,
A drive-by admirer.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Sea Spirit » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:08 am

nonsense - Thanks! I noticed that there are quite a few femaile characters already and i dont want to put in a femaile char myself but i much prefer females as my male chars tend to be a bit...well feminine :P so I'll put in a female unless you really need some males :) but now to think of a char... :roll: *end rant* :lol:
Sea Spirit
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Tobias_Red-tail » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:39 am

LOL, I actually got the whole concubine idea from Elfkin's post... :P
Tobias_Red-tail
Ranger of the North

Postby bill_n_sam » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:11 am

Frelga Thanks for the admiration, even though I had to do a little bit of fancy foorwork to avoid it hitting my head as it flew by :D If you ever do have the time, well . . . :whistle:

Sea Spirit Whatever works best for you works for me. This isn't really "my" story - I hope it will feel like it belongs to everyone who joins. So feel free to be male, female, asexual or hermaphroditic :P (j/k) And don't worry about balancing the number of female v. male characters. I don't think that's important. Be creative and write whatever you feel most comfortable with.

To everyone, I will not be posting over the weekend, but feel free to carry on however. I'm not sure if there are any issues we need to address before we get right into the fulll swing of the story. But if anyone has any questions, feel free to bring them up.
bill_n_sam
Shield Bearer

Postby lark » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:31 pm

*waves to Elfkin and Riot*

nonsense, I would really, really love to join this RP, but already I’m lacking the time to keep up with it. It’s an awesome scenario, and you have wonderful ideas, but it wouldn’t be right for me to join without the time to lavish on it that it deserves. :(

I’ll be lurking when I can and trying to keep up on the off chance that RL will suddenly slow down dramatically. (right! :roll: ) Anyway, I’m really sorry I can’t join, and I wish you luck with your wonderful story! :)
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Elfkin » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:30 am

*salutes Lark*

Tobias: D'you have any particular personalities or names or whatever for your char's family? Or d'you not mind what they're like? I was thinking, from your char's bio and just from my imagination:

Father - Pushy, doesn't tolerate being disobeyed, a show-off. In his late forties, and fairly handsome in a faded sort of way. Often raises his voice. Name: Sorda (hey, the son could be named after the father!).

Mother - Young, beautiful. Tends to do as Sorda tells her; a little scared of him, though she does love him. As vain and strict as her husband.

...also, what's a concubine? :oops:
Elfkin
Ranger of the North

Postby Tobias_Red-tail » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:35 am

@Elfkin: A concubine is one of the multiple wives, although of a lower status than the main wife. (Am I making sense? O_O)

And yeah, your ideas for the Father and Mother characters are great! I'd have just written them off as nameless NPCs otherwise... Because I'm absolutely terrible with names of all sorts. :oops: I really don't mind what they're like, really.
Tobias_Red-tail
Ranger of the North

Postby Elfkin » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:54 am

Spiffalent! Yeah, that makes sense, thanks. :D I would've Googled it but the word is blocked by this pond-slime known as the Grid for Learning... :evil:

Also, thanks! I figured we should probably get our mental images straight; I mean, it would make no sense if one of us wrote the parents as (eg) caring and dippy whilst the other played them as coldhearted and so sharp they cut themselves. :P

I just realised that I forgot to name the mum. Uh... she can be called Threa. 8)

Shall we say... three wives?
Main wife: Zora (and I hereby declare that she has a grown-up son named Joron, Just Because!)
2nd: Threa, mother of Yihenna (if you like) and Sorda Junior
3rd: Epeta

...What is up with me and weird names? :roll:
Elfkin
Ranger of the North

Postby bill_n_sam » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:30 am

Lark lurk away! BTW I did read all of the Diminishing Light Rp and WOW!!! I'm so impressed with you guys! I can't wait til we find out how in the world Ari escapes her "admirer". :P I also seriously wonder what you are going to do with that troll. Will Quill show back up in time to vindicate his honor and prove he is not the father? :rofl: I'm on the edge of my seat!

Elkin and Tobias can't wait to see how this dysfunctional family interacts. I've heard the Chinese symbol for the word happiness is derived from a picture of two pigs under a roof (meaning lots to eat) and that the symbol for unhappiness is two women under one roof :argue: :D Well, that's what I heard anyway. I guess three women would mean "I'm going to go commit suicide" or something like that. :roll: Poor Sorda! I feel sorry for him already!

Tempest Great post! I like that idea of how the Easterlings are so contemptuous of women that they don't hardly notice what Keria is up to. If she gets caught though, or suspected, I'd say they'd have no compunction about killing her pretty summarily, seeing as she's "just a woman" . I wonder what the Easterling women such as Sorda's wives and his daughter think of her independence? :nono: :D
bill_n_sam
Shield Bearer

Postby Sea Spirit » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:29 am

Ive been thinking hard lately (dangerous i know :P ) about my char. I will have a female, Rhovanion, yard/farm/compound slave (or whatever their called :P ) i might have another char... i dont know. Ill put up a bio as soon as i have time then ill try to put up a post in IC 8) just popping in so u know i havnt just disappeared :P
Sea Spirit

Postby Tobias_Red-tail » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:16 am

@Elfkin: That totally works for me! (hey, you're better with names than me. I went to play around with the name of the last Empress Dowager of China... O_O)

And let's see... the personality of Threa and Sorda senior seem pretty much settled... Hmmm... Somehow I see the whole family as rather traditional, commanding, and vain. And the internal conflicts, oh my. For just one household.
Tobias_Red-tail
Ranger of the North

Postby Elfkin » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:09 am

Tobias -- Agreement on, well, everything. Word. :D

Tobias wrote:I went to play around with the name of the last Empress Dowager of China... O_O

...Ye what? You mean, like, playing around with the sounds and so forth? :?
Elfkin
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:31 pm

hey, sorry I haven't been in here, I am still in, I've just been especially busy lately....! :| This is looking great everyone!

edit :I just had an idea: what if Mirwyn was a slave in either Uldor or Salfang's household? What about any of the homes of the nobles here?
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Tobias_Red-tail » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:39 am

Elfkin wrote:
...Ye what? You mean, like, playing around with the sounds and so forth? :?

Hmmm... The name of the last empress dowager was Yehannara or something like that... I twisted it into Yihenna. Because I er... couldn't conceive anything from thin air.

-random-
Tobias_Red-tail
Ranger of the North

Postby Elfkin » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:46 am

Oh, I see what you mean now! :roll: Well, you got a very cool name out of it is all I can say. :D
Elfkin
Ranger of the North

Postby Tobias_Red-tail » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:43 am

Hmmm... I admire the ease at which you create characters' names... it's really cool. =D
Tobias_Red-tail
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:54 am

before I post, does anybody have a preference as to which household has mirwyn?
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby GlassHouse » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:46 am

just browsing the threads but I thought I'd stop long enough to say that this looks like a really well thought out RP. :)

and I noticed larks question about Rhovanion, Answers.com has a ton of Tolkien information that might be helpful to people who aren't as familiar with pre War of the Ring Middle Earth.(like me) this page includes a couple of good maps of Rhovanion

and there's this one onEasterling/Wainriders
I'm sure there are better more detailed sources on the web but the stuff on Answers.com will help you with general knowledge.

Good Luck
GlassHouse
Mariner

Postby bill_n_sam » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:23 am

Sea Spirit That sounds good. I think several of the players here will have multiple characters so that's fine if you can think of more than one. can't wait to see your bio :)

Tobias The last dowager empress of China? I bet you're awesome at Trivial Pursuit :rofl: I'm getting really excited about seeing this "wonderful" family come to life :argue: This is Sorda: :pull: (although I guess he probably won't have red braids :P )

elerrina Great to see you around! Speaking for myself, Uldor would love to have you in his household (probably so he can kick you around when his wife is nagging him :roll: ) But if you worked for Salfang, that might be a good way for Keria to have a "slave contact" ???? And Sorda's household would certainly be, uh, lively. =:) I can't speak for Tempest or Tobias, but I can see it working out well either way. If you do choose Uldor's household, let's say in addition to Uldor, his wife, and son, who is supposed to be around 20 or so, there are three younger daughters, say in their teens. I would think as the garrison commander, he'd have several slaves, but he isn't really rich, came up through the ranks kind of.

Glasshouse Thanks for the encouragement and the great links. I see you're quite the TORC veteran - do you RP at all? Any way we could convince you to join us????? Not that I'm begging or anything :whistle: :D

OK, well I don't want to be a post hog or anything but I had been thinking about adding a third character to my little ensemble, and decided to go ahead with it. I will try to get his bio written (it's in my head- I've just got to get it written out) and I'll edit in to this post. Anyway, feel free to jump in and please use this thread to work out some ways to interact with one another, as you like. Tor is kind of out of the action at the moment and will be heading over to Salfang's abode as soon as he is able, but I have Uldor and Cai that would be "happy" to get to know the other players :wink:
bill_n_sam
Shield Bearer

Postby elerrina_narloth » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:31 am

Bill~ hey, I would say the more characters the better! and I think Mirwyn being in Uldor's household would be probably a good plan............so I will get a post up as soon as I can :wink:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby GlassHouse » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:59 am

Hi B & S, i spent about a year and a half in the Pony at one time. The last RP I was in was a couple of years ago (maybe three!) it lasted a least a year and i was so into it at one time that i was posting two or three times a week.
(I had a lot of time on my hands back then :lol: ) - Think i burned myself out.

But I read your RP thread and wow, what a nice start. You're writing is really very good and i am very tempted to give it a try but I'm not sure if i could commit to it long term (and i have much less time these days) Ummm, I'm considering trying a minor character to see how it goes but I haven't done this in so long...I think I'll read along with you guys for a while and see if I think I can keep up.
GlassHouse
Mariner

Postby Tobias_Red-tail » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:58 pm

Well, posted, and Elfkin, I hope you don't mind the mention of the baby crying... :oops:

Hope my writing can keep up with the rest of the posters here! :)
Tobias_Red-tail
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:49 pm

so Tobias, how many kids are in that family?

Bill~ could I get some names for Uldor's children?

sorry for the edits, can't quite seem to get my facts straight! :oops:
Last edited by elerrina_narloth on Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Elfkin » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:35 am

Tobias -- Thanks for the compliment! I just sort of string together sounds until I come up with something I like... :) And I worked the baby crying into my IC post, it actually worked quite well. :D

Roleplay whee! :happydance:
Elfkin
Ranger of the North

Postby bill_n_sam » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:53 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry, just couldn't resist that :D

Hooray for new RPs - especially when the writing is so good!!!!! Great job people! This is like when you're in the bookstore and you read the opening pages of what looks like it will be wonderful book, and then you just have to buy it and hurry home to read it nonstop until you have to get up the next morning and go to work :P :) But of course, we'll have to write it before we can read it :doh:

Tobias Wow! Yihenna is really shaping up to be quite the little spitfire :angeldevil: I think I'd feel sorry for her future husband except for it's clear he'll never be her husband :P

ElfkinPoor Lathwen! You did such a good job capturing how sad it would be to love a child but have no say over when you get to hold him or care for him, etc. That would really be awful. And then to have to go clean up after the drama queen :roll:

elerrina Great posts! I can just see Merwyn grabbing up a kitchen knife when the time is ripe and doing some damage to Uldor! :woah: Did you have anything specific in mind regarding Uldor's son and Merwyn? I'm sure he's your typical spoiled rotten only son who thinks he has the right to have whatever he wants. If you have any desire to use him in your posts go right ahead and I can write for him too, maybe Merwyn's point of view and then the son's point of view, like that. (just how many characters can I handle??? Hmmmm - let's find out :pull: )

I, unlike Tobias, have very little talent at coming up with good names but I guess I need to give Uldor's family some names so here goes:
wife- Magda (42)
son - Ulfast (21) (yes, I know, stealing them right out of the Sil, aren't I? :whistle: )
daughters: Lene ( 18 ), Ase (15) and Merete (12)

GlassHouse(very interesting username by the way) Wow! You all managed the keep writing for a year! I'm impressed. I do see that some of the RPs here at the Pony are pretty ancient though, Seems that after a while though people lose interest and things die off. Well, we'll see if we can write a good story here that everyone enjoys writing in.

And minor characters would be more than welcome, if you find you have the time (which is always the kicker, isn't it? :roll: ) Whatever works for you is fine. We'd love to have you aboard in whatever capacity you choose. Even a cameo, like King Calimehtar (?) might be fun but not too burdensome and could be a good vehicle for plot exposition without having to be too reliant on "I've posted and now I'm waiting for someone to respond and I can't post again til they do, or, yikes, everyone is waiting for me to post and I don't have the time" That kind of thing, which can be a drag. So, think about it and thanks in any case for the nice comments :)

Here's my second slave character's bio:

Name: Cai
Race: Rhovanion

Appearance: 6”, muscular, light brown hair, green eyes, fair complexion

Clothing: Simple wool tunic and breeches, nothing fancy but of better cloth than the rougher material most of the slaves wear. Leather boots and belt. Wool cloak and hood for cold weather.

Weapons: none, although he has access to them through his work

History: He was around four or five when his village in southern Rhovanion was attacked by the Wainriders. He and his mother were the only ones to survive, as far as he knows. They were ultimately brought to Vibeka, where they were bought by the local blacksmith and kept as house slaves. Some months later, his mother gave birth to a baby boy and then died shortly thereafter of a fever. Cai’s memories of all this are very vague. The child then disappeared and Cai has always assumed it perished too. The smith was a relatively good master and set Cai to apprentice with him, as he had no son of his own. Cai excelled at the craft and was therefore treated fairly well, not exactly “one of the family” but enjoying a lot more privileges and freedom than most of the slaves in Vibeka. He received enough food to allow him to grow up strong and muscular, like most smiths. He hasn’t allowed himself to think too much about his fellow slaves’ condition, just being thankful that his own life was not as brutal as theirs. Of late, he has heard more than a fair smattering of rumbling and threats that the slaves have endured all they can and will soon rise up against their masters. He doesn’t believe these rumors and believes the best course is to do what’s asked of you quietly and efficiently and not to make waves.

Personality: quiet, thoughtful, deliberate, intelligent, but he knowingly avoids facing his his own servitude and creates an illusion in his mind that things will be OK as long as he toes the mark.
bill_n_sam
Shield Bearer

Postby elerrina_narloth » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:09 am

Bill~ thanks for those names! and I'll see what happens as far as Ulfast goes, We'll just see how that plays out, but I'm sure more than one little skirmish will come up between those two! :shock: I guess it's fortunate for Mirwyn that the kid is a drunk! :roll: :P
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby seventhson » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:07 pm

Well, nonsense, you asked and I joined. (You're lucky I could take time out of my busy schedule, by the way. :P )

Howdy to everyone else, since this is my first post here I guess I should introduce myself. I'm actually your fearless leader's daughter (though my name is cleverly misleading, as I'm sure you can see) and am here at her request. Actually, that's a bad way of putting it because it makes it sound [as if I didn't want to be here, and I do.

Also, I'm a horrible babbler. Ack. Anyways, here are my bios, for your perusal. I'm looking forward to this.

Name- Lagan

Age- 21

Sex- Male

Occupation- Warrior/ Soldier

Race- Easterling

Appearance- Short, swart, and solid. With a wiry musculature, a healthy, capable body, and a ridiculous abundance of black hair, Lagan embodies the lusty machismo that Easterling culture is steeped in. He stands at 5'6", and weighs in at about 160 pounds.

Personality- Temperamental, bombastic, and generally an archetypical hothead. Is not particularly patriotic or loyal, and his enthusiasm for the military comes mostly from his natural athletic tendencies and his competitive streak. Lagan despises physical weakness, and has a great contempt for others’ ‘inadequacies’

History- Lagan’s father had a number of concubines, most of whom produced more than their fair-share of offspring. In his household, there was a constant war for attention, the battles of which were fought between wives, children, slaves, and sometimes a combination of the three. Lagan himself was the third son of the first wife, though the traditional hierarchy was shot to pieces by the infighting which occurred in the household on a daily basis.

When he came of age, he began to accompany his father and elder brothers off to battle, and went along on numerous raiding parties. He developed a great contempt for the Gondorians, considering them cowards and unfit adversaries. Resultant of that is his disdain for anything Gondorian.

Is stationed at the garrison at Vibeka.

Name- Îbal

Sex- Male

Age- 37

Personality- Not particularly charming or unctuous, but fundamentally untrustworthy all the same. He gives the impression that he’s constantly appraising the situation and weighing his options, which he is. This keeps him prepared for any contingency, but, similarly, it alienates the people he needs to do business with. Forced into trade in the east after his reputation as a double-dealer and criminal got to epic proportions in his homeland. Has been rumored to trade in slaves.

Appearance- Appears rather like a statue done in various shades of beige and gray. Stands tall at a little over six feet. He has the robust but unnapreciative look of someone without the good sense to see how good they've got it.

History- Born to a courtier and his infamously adulterous wife, Îbal spent his formative years observing the fine art of deception in practice.
Lacking the charms to implement such lessons, however, he spent his early years in the royal court making enemies and ruining his prospects. At the age of twenty-three, his father died and left him a fair inheritance, which he promptly invested in a promising looking shipping company that dealt in cargo shipments from Dol Amroth to Minas Tirith, and vice versa. It was, it turned out, a huge success. Since then he has honed his business acumen, made many more enemies, and become personally infamous for the attempted sale of ‘human chattel’ to a Dol Amroth merchant looking for a ‘cheaper’ source of oarsmen.
seventhson

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)