The Innkeeper's Office * UPDATED * November 2010 **

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

The Innkeeper's Office * UPDATED * November 2010 **

Postby Daefaroth » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:36 pm

Currently Operating Inns:

The Shrouds of Varda (Inn)

The Splintered Chamberpot

The Lavender Hill Inn

Inn of Tales II - temporarily closed due to >6 months inactivity

The Green Dragon Inn - temporarily closed due to >6 months inactivity

The Lonely Road Inn - temporarily closed due to >6 months inactivity

Permits:

1 - available November, 2010 - TAKEN by the Lonely Road Inn

1 - available September, 2009 - TAKEN - by The Splintered Chamberpot

1 - available January, 2008 - TAKEN by the Shrouds of Varda (Inn)

Innkeeper's Request Roster

- Nevez; The Green Dragon Inn

- elerrina_narloth - The Lonely Road Inn

- Arassuil - The Shrouds of Varda (Inn)

- erinhue - The Splintered Chamberpot

- Moderator's Discretion - The Lavender Hill Inn

The building restriction on "Inns" in the Prancing Pony forum has been lifted. Three Inns may be in operation at any one time; the Guidelines and Rules for this forum have been updated to reflect this change.

This thread will first serve as a place for questions and answers about the Updated Guidelines for "Inn" type threads in this forum.

This thread will also serve as the place where all Inn "business" may be posted, Eg: the staff will post notice of available permits, posters may make requests to start a new Inn, or request their Inn be locked, etc.

Questions or general inquiries regarding the updated "Inn" guidelines can also be made via e-mail to the general Moderator address: moderators at theonering dot com

Note:
About the 500 post limit and current Inns:

Any existing Inn that is over the 500 post limit should, in all fairness, look to conclude any current scenarios and then be locked. This will open up an opportunity for someone else to start up a "new" Inn, which is one of the purposes of the updated guidelines.
Last edited by Daefaroth on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:11 am, edited 22 times in total.
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby Hunter » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:38 am

~

First of all, thank you Daefaroth and whoever the other Mods are who were involved in the discussions surrounding this topic. :)

~Please note that these guidelines are being brought in for a trial period. We are trying to find a way to facilitate the open concept of Role Play that Inns represent, while still ensuring that this forum is not overrun by Inn-centered threads. We are hoping that the revised guidelines will help to keep a reasonable number of Inns open and running, while keeping too many multiple Inn threads from being started and abandoned and thus cluttering up the Prancing Pony Forum.~

How long will the trial period last?

* To prevent an overabundance of Inns in this forum, only 3 Inns may be “active” at one time.

This is a reasonable number and I see that it is a popular choice in the guidelines. :)

* All Inns are subject to the same guidelines that govern Role Play quality in this Forum.

Well of course! :)

* Any existing Inn that reaches 500 posts (or a few either way in order to nicely finish up a current scenario) will be locked and not automatically restarted. A request must be made to create a new thread to continue the Inn.

This hits a little close to home for me and I feel I must at least try and argue this point and it is my main reason for replying to this thread.

The Prancing Pony Inn is, I believe, the first Inn established in this Forum. It was started on June 6, 2000 and has been in existence for over 6 years. It is almost an institution.

My first post ever in the Pony forum is on page three of the thread (dated October 8, 2000) and ever since then I have watched over the thread, taking on the role of an absentee Innkeeper when Tharkûn, the thread originator, was no longer an active participant. Sometimes I’ve just set the stage for the thread and tried to keep things on track. Other times I’ve stepped back and let whoever has entered play out scenarios that they created. When the Pony was inundated with numerous Inns that often had nothing to do with Middle Earth, I even defended the Inn from being ‘taken over’ and let it slip out of sight rather than be locked. The Prancing Pony Inn has never been locked, nor has it ever, in the whole if its existence, had a warning.

As I write this, the post count for The Prancing Pony post count stands at 892 and under the new guidelines it spells death to an original. Is there any other thread, in any of the other forums on the board that holds the distinction of being continually posted to for this long?

Please, is there any way at all that this Inn can be kept alive in its original format?

* "New" Inn threads must be requested first. A sticky thread will be provided at the top of this forum for this purpose.

* New Inns may be started whenever the number of "active" Inns falls below 3 (i.e: an Inn reaches 500 posts, or is locked due to inactivity).

Fair. How will it be determined if more than three requests come in? Will this be on a first come, first serve basis?

* Any Inn that becomes inactive for 3 months will be locked.

* "Inactive" Inns that have been locked can be unlocked by request. However, they will only be unlocked if fewer than three other Inns are currently active.

Is locking really necessary? Can’t Inn threads just be allowed to slip away? A warning could be posted when/if the thread is posted to in the future, explaining the guidelines pertaining to Inns.

Thank you again :) Hunter

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Daefaroth » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:49 pm

Hunter wrote:~
First of all, thank you Daefaroth and whoever the other Mods are who were involved in the discussions surrounding this topic. :)

You are welcome. The whole staff had opportunity for input.

How long will the trial period last?

6 to 9 months ought to provide sufficient time to see how things go.

Hunter wrote:
* Any existing Inn that reaches 500 posts (or a few either way in order to nicely finish up a current scenario) will be locked and not automatically restarted. A request must be made to create a new thread to continue the Inn.

This hits a little close to home for me and I feel I must at least try and argue this point and it is my main reason for replying to this thread.

The Prancing Pony Inn is, I believe, the first Inn established in this Forum. It was started on June 6, 2000 and has been in existence for over 6 years. It is almost an institution.

My first post ever in the Pony forum is on page three of the thread (dated October 8, 2000) and ever since then I have watched over the thread, taking on the role of an absentee Innkeeper when Tharkûn, the thread originator, was no longer an active participant. Sometimes I’ve just set the stage for the thread and tried to keep things on track. Other times I’ve stepped back and let whoever has entered play out scenarios that they created. When the Pony was inundated with numerous Inns that often had nothing to do with Middle Earth, I even defended the Inn from being ‘taken over’ and let it slip out of sight rather than be locked. The Prancing Pony Inn has never been locked, nor has it ever, in the whole if its existence, had a warning.

As I write this, the post count for The Prancing Pony post count stands at 892 and under the new guidelines it spells death to an original. Is there any other thread, in any of the other forums on the board that holds the distinction of being continually posted to for this long?

Please, is there any way at all that this Inn can be kept alive in its original format?

The staff will certainly take this under discussion. However, as stated, one of the points of the guidelines is specifically to prevent any Inn from becoming "the only game in town". To be completely fair, other posters should have equal opportunity to start and run an Inn. If one Inn is allowed to continue ad infinitum, why not all the rest? And if that is the case, then there is no new opportunity. If the Guidelines are to be fair, they have to be applied equally, across all Inn threads.

How will it be determined if more than three requests come in? Will this be on a first come, first serve basis?

Yes. It is one reason we hope posters will use the Innkeeper's Office. All requests can be tracked.

Is locking really necessary? Can’t Inn threads just be allowed to slip away? A warning could be posted when/if the thread is posted to in the future, explaining the guidelines pertaining to Inns.

To be honest, yes, locking is necessary. Newcomers may not understand why a thread is not being posted to, regardless of posted guidelines and information. Locking a thread that has become inactive helps prevent confusion.
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby Hunter » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:03 pm

~

Daefaroth, thank you for the prompt reply.

Daefaroth wrote:The staff will certainly take this under discussion.

Thank you for considering this matter, but as you discuss the Prancing Pony Inn thread will you and all the others mods please consider this as a possible way of keeping the thread alive:

Make the Prancing Pony Inn a permanent Inn, one of the three, the only one that can be handed over to new Innkeepers following the same guidelines you have set forth for Inns. An Innkeepers stay can last for the 6 to 9 months set down and then the keys to the Inn can be passed on to the next applicant in line. This way the thread will remain viable, new ideas from new Innkeepers will revitalize the thread and hopefully keep it going for many more years yet to come. This scenario (the passing of the keys) can even be incorporated into the storyline of the thread in true Rp fashion.

I am petitioning for The Prancing Pony Inn thread to remain ongoing, not for me to remain as Innkeeper. All I would like to see is this one thread kept alive, that is all.

I look forward to the Inns reopening and having the chance to post in them once again, but I haven’t decided yet if I will apply for a license to run/open an Inn. I’ve looked after the Prancing Pony Inn thread for 6 years now for one reason, and one reason only; to keep it from being corrupted by silly one line posts and being locked. Now that Inns will be reopened and if the Prancing Pony is made a permanent Inn, I have faith that you and the rest of the moderators will keep close watch over it and keep it as safe from closure as I have.

Hunter

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Daefaroth » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:31 pm

Hunter wrote:~Thank you for considering this matter, but as you discuss the Prancing Pony Inn thread will you and all the others mods please consider this as a possible way of keeping the thread alive:

Make the Prancing Pony Inn a permanent Inn, one of the three, the only one that can be handed over to new Innkeepers following the same guidelines you have set forth for Inns.

I will bring this forward however, what you are asking for is that the staff make an exception for one Inn. An exception that will hardly be defensible when other Inn threads are closed at the 500 post mark.

Asking for an exception is not entirely fair. The Guidelines are being incorporated to provide a fair chance and new opportunities to other posters to create and run an Inn thread.

One set of Guidelines, applied equally, for everyone. Otherwise, what is the point?

The loyalty to a long standing Inn thread is understandable. However, another poster, if they desire, can request to run a new Prancing Pony Inn thread. Continuity between threads can be maintained by providing links to previous Pony Inn threads in the opening post.
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby Freahelm » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:31 pm

A big 'thank you' to all the mods, and especially Daefaroth, who if nothing else has been the frontman on this issue. I appreciate it very much.

Am I correct in my impression that the 3 inns currently in possession of a 'permit' are the Forsaken Inn, Prancing Pony Inn, and the Inn of Tales II? In other words, the three that are currently active?

Just wanted to make sure.
Freahelm
Rider of the Mark

Postby Daefaroth » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:54 pm

Freahelm wrote:Am I correct in my impression that the 3 inns currently in possession of a 'permit' are the Forsaken Inn, Prancing Pony Inn, and the Inn of Tales II? In other words, the three that are currently active?

Just wanted to make sure.

At this point in time, yes.
- - - - - Welcome to TORC - - - - -

- There are helpful Announcements at the top of most forums. Please read them.
- Need more help? Check the Adoption Forum.
- Premiere Membership helps support TORC.
Aspire not to rapid, large postcounts, for this only enhances the taste of a spammer,
when roasted with the Breath of Death and served with "Blair’s 16 Million Reserve" sauce.

Enjoy your visits. Remember to mind your manners.

Daefaroth *at* theonering -dot- com -OR- moderators *at* theonering -dot- com
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby Hunter » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:25 am

~

Daefaroth,

At least the idea will be put forward to the staff and hopefully it will be discussed. Thank you for the opportunity for my voice to be heard. I will accept and abide by whatever is decided.

Yes, I am loyal to the Prancing Pony thread and that loyalty is exactly what prompted me to ask for an exception in the first place. Surely there is nothing wrong with asking? It was a long shot, and if it fails, it fails, but at least I tried. :)

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Daefaroth » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:53 pm

Hunter wrote:~

Daefaroth,

At least the idea will be put forward to the staff and hopefully it will be discussed. Thank you for the opportunity for my voice to be heard. I will accept and abide by whatever is decided.

The idea is currently being discussed.

Yes, I am loyal to the Prancing Pony thread and that loyalty is exactly what prompted me to ask for an exception in the first place. Surely there is nothing wrong with asking? It was a long shot, and if it fails, it fails, but at least I tried. :)

~

There is never anything wrong with asking. The staff does appreciate everyone's input.
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby Daefaroth » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:56 pm

The staff have discussed the new Guidelines and the suggestion of granting the Prancing Pony Inn "permanent Inn" status.

There was general agreement that the Prancing Pony Inn was indeed a venerable thread. However, a consensus was reached among the staff; that the Guidelines should be applied equally and without prejudice across the forum, and that no Inn thread should receive different treatment from any other. This is necessary to ensure equal and fair treatment for all. As stated before, the new Gudelines have been designed, as much as possible, to provide opportunity for new Inns, give different posters the chance to start and run an Inn type thread, while still keeping the forum from becoming burdened with an unreasonable number of duplicate and little used Inn threads.

The new Guidelines will come into effect January 2, 2007. The trial period will be six months. At the end of the six months (July 31, 2007), we will re-assess the Guidelines and whether or not they have been effective in fostering and sustaining a healthy level of Inn thread activity.

The current "Prancing Pony Inn" thread will be given two months to conclude the present "scenario" before the doors are closed.

This thread will be kept open. Please feel free to use it to post inquiries, questions or any other requests for information. The staff will be checking in regularly.

Thank you for your participation. The staff wishes everyone a very Happy New Year.
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby Hunter » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:37 pm

~

Thank you staff and especially Daefaroth for working on this issue; the time spent on discussions and drawing up the new guidelines is greatly appreciated by me and those others who have voiced concerns and questions both here and in the threads concerning Inns in the One Ring Forum. I’m also very grateful that the questions and proposals I suggested were discussed. Thank you.

I’ll be a bit sad when the padlock is attached to the original Prancing Pony Inn thread for it is full of memories of the past and is a special place for me. But I also have hope that the guidelines set forth will bring a revival of inspiration and writing to the Prancing Pony Forum. Who knows, perhaps someone else in the future will request to open an Inn and choose to name it the Prancing Pony Inn and the name will live on. :)

I have one last request concerning the Prancing Pony Inn, if I may?

May I write the last post for the Prancing Pony before it is locked? I am not involved in the current “scenario” taking place there but have been keeping an eye on it (as always). All I wish is to write a proper ending for the Inn.

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Daefaroth » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:27 pm

Hunter wrote:I have one last request concerning the Prancing Pony Inn, if I may?

May I write the last post for the Prancing Pony before it is locked? I am not involved in the current “scenario” taking place there but have been keeping an eye on it (as always). All I wish is to write a proper ending for the Inn.

~

Yes, Lady Hunter, absolutely no question about it. We will hold the thread open if needed.
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby RavenTinuviel » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:40 am

Daefaroth wrote:The current "Prancing Pony Inn" thread will be given two months to conclude the present "scenario" before the doors are closed.

:| Well this settles it then. Since NyckS has not logged on since October 26th, and I am not sure where it was going anyway, I will "conclude the present scenario" and then I humbly suggest Hunter write the epitaph for the Prancing Pony.

As for the current scenario at the Forsaken Inn, it looks like we have 333 posts left to write and conclude any storylines we wish to do. :|

Thank you powers that are for your considerations on the issue of Inns.
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:44 am

~

Daefaroth wrote:Yes, Lady Hunter, absolutely no question about it. We will hold the thread open if needed.

Thank you. :)

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby bill_n_sam » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:56 am

I have some questions.

-Will The Inn of Tales II be locked, as it's been more than three months since anyone posted there? Or did the three month timeframe just go into effect when the rules were recently amended?

-Once the Prancing Pony Inn thread that now exists is locked, can a player ask to repoen it, as a new inn thread, but still keeping its basic look and location the same? Or would a totally new inn have to be created?

-What does one have to do exactly to request to open an inn, and when? As it's first come, first serve, and the three named inns are all still open, is it premature to ask now, anticipating that at least the Pony will be locked soon?

Thanks for your time
nonsense
bill_n_sam
Shield Bearer

Postby Daefaroth » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:36 pm

bill_n_sam wrote:-Will The Inn of Tales II be locked, as it's been more than three months since anyone posted there? Or did the three month timeframe just go into effect when the rules were recently amended?

The three month "inactive period" went into effect on January 2, 2007. The Inn of Tales has three months from that date.

bill_n_sam wrote:-Once the Prancing Pony Inn thread that now exists is locked, can a player ask to repoen it, as a new inn thread, but still keeping its basic look and location the same? Or would a totally new inn have to be created?

To bring some variety to the forum, we are hoping the new Guidelines for Inns will encourage new and different people to try their hand at opening and running new and different Inns (i.e. "new" names and "new" settings).

However, a new Innkeeper can decide to set up his/her new Inn thread as the Prancing Pony if they wish (as long as another one is not currently in operation).

bill_n_sam wrote:-What does one have to do exactly to request to open an inn, and when? As it's first come, first serve, and the three named inns are all still open, is it premature to ask now, anticipating that at least the Pony will be locked soon?

How: Post any requests here in this thread. The first post of this thread now contains an "Innkeeper's Roster" which we will keep updated.

When: There are no hard and fast rules for when a request to open an Inn can or should be made. True, Inn Requests will be looked at on a first come, first served basis, but a waiting list a mile long in the Innkeeper's Roster may not be very encouraging to new people.

We feel confident that posters will use their judgement as to when it is a good time to put in a request.

We offer a general rule of thumb or two:
- If the "inactive period" limit has been reached and the staff has locked the Inn, or, if the inactive period limit is only a few days away.
- When an active Inn is drawing close to its 500 post limit - exactly when this will occur will depend on the individual Inn. A faster moving Inn will reach its 500 post limit sooner than a slower, steadier moving Inn.

The staff hopes this information is useful.

Do you wish to put in a request now, in anticipation of the Prancing Pony's upcoming closure?
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby RavenTinuviel » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:15 pm

Hunter, it looks like we have to post at least once every three months to the Forsaken or lose the franchise. Our old, slow. muses will have to at least stay this fast. Or we could start a new RP thread with a name without 'inn' in it and move our posts to it, thereby doing away with any time limit or post limit. This will also let someone else who is comfortable with the dictated parmeters on "inns" to run one. I will PM you my idea....
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby NyckS » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:32 am

I've finally returned... and finally concluded entirely the RP at the Prancing Pony Inn. I think with my post that the entire current storyline finished and it is now ready for Hunter to finish the epitaph as Raven said earlier.

Sorry I took so long... but I did finish it! Sort of...
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby bill_n_sam » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:50 pm

Thanks for the information. I'd love to start an inn, but realistically don't have the time. :( I was just wondering, because I'd like to keep my eyes open for when a new inn might be starting up, as it'd be far easier to join one than to run one.
bill_n_sam
Shield Bearer

New Inn Request

Postby Nevez » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:40 am

Hi,
Thank you for your e-mail daefaroth, i have read the guidlines that you asked me to read, and would like to request a new inn.

The inn would be called The Green Dragon Inn and be a friendly and welcome place for all TORCers.

Thank you nevez
Nevez
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Daefaroth » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:25 am

You are welcome, Nevez.

We look forward to the Grand Opening of The Green Dragon Inn.

Best wishes for your endeavors.

Aspire not to rapid, large postcounts, for this only enhances the taste of a spammer,
when roasted with the Breath of Death and served with "Blair’s 16 Million Reserve" sauce.

Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby RavenTinuviel » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:12 pm

This is to inform the powers that be that the Forsaken Inn is again deserted and can be locked down. Hunter & I thought we would take our story to its own thread to allow room for someone else to open a new inn.
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Daefaroth » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:20 pm

Thank you, Lady RavenTinuviel, for the update.

Heartfelt best wishes for your new role play.

Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby elerrina_narloth » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:16 pm

If I am correct, there is a space for an inn currently.

I would like submit a request to open the 'Lonely Road Inn'. It would be located somewhere in new Arnor in the fourth age and run by strong young woman by the name of Mirien.

the current inns seem to be inactive at this time, and since there is room for another, I thought now to be as good a time as any

ETA: So, now do I have to wait for some kind of confirmation or approval? I'll wait just to be on the safe side....
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Daefaroth » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:42 am

My deepest apologies for missing your request.

I have updated the Innkeeper's roster.

We look forward to the Grand Opening of the Lonely Road Inn.
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby elerrina_narloth » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:53 am

Thank you very much!

it shall be opened soon :)
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Re: The Innkeeper's Office * UPDATED * Jan 2008

Postby Arassuil » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:00 pm

Daefaroth wrote:Currently Operating Inns:

Inn of Tales II - temporarily closed due to >3 months inactivity

The Green Dragon Inn - temporarily closed due to >3 months inactivity

Permits:

1 - available April 5, 2007 - TAKEN - by the Green Dragon Inn

1 - available July, 2007 - TAKEN by the Lonely Road Inn

1 - available January, 2008

Innkeeper's Request Roster

- Nevez; The Green Dragon Inn - Opened for business

- elerrina_narloth - The Lonely Road Inn

The building restriction on "Inns" in the Prancing Pony forum has been lifted. The Guidelines and Rules for this forum have been updated to reflect this change.

This thread will first serve as a place for questions and answers about the Updated Guidelines for "Inn" type threads in this forum.

This thread will also serve as the place where all Inn "business" may be posted, Eg: the staff will post notice of available permits, posters may make requests to start a new Inn, or request their Inn be locked, etc.

G'day to the administrator of the Inn licensing and building permits. I have the interest in opening an inn for some Middle Earth period role-playing. I have made an attempt to engage in the Lonely Road Inn but I posted a month after the last person did, and its been another month since then with no activity. It appears that all its activity, other than my one post, for whatever reason abruptly ended two months ago. So I read this and it looks like there's still one building permit open? If so, I would like to apply for it. I have two options I could put forth so here are the details:

The Inn would either be opened just inside the gates of the great city of Fornost where there was likely great activity in the days before Arnor's downfall, or about half way between Fornost and Annuminas, which would have had a lot of traffic while the population shifted from one city to the other. I am tending to lean toward the city inn, but the other was an idea I had too.

Either way, I have a few characters set to "run" the place who will be for the most part NCE (non-controlled-entities, or neutral characters) which will allow anyone posting to the thread to 'use' the bartender and maids in their posts. The reason for this is too many times in this sort of role-play I've seen people trying to engage the main proprieter or any help characters who were "hired" and are controlled by someone. This requires one having to wait for replies and such. With the staff as neutral characters, the inn service can be written into posts by people whose characters are coming into the inn, and the character interaction can develop between the inn visitors. I have character descriptions and enough material to cover several posts for the NCE's to get the place going, and have a character I created for the other inn I can use for myself. I have read all of the Guidelines and Rules for Role Playing, especially #7 pertaining to Inns. I have a business plan, a staff ready to work, and I myself as a writer will not leave it untended. Should no interest develop in three months time, I will close the inn as a failed business. I hereby do apply for the third permit, and will fill out any and all paperwork and pay all the fees necessary to give this inn a proper go.

*I hand over a parchment which reads*

Business name: Shrouds of Varda
Type of business: Full service inn with 24 hour food and drink service.
Time period: Third Age sometime before 1974.

I await your decision on my application.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Daefaroth » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:18 pm

Thank you for your excellent application and business plan.

The Innkeeper's Roster has been updated with your information.

Best Wishes on your grand opening.
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby Arassuil » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:19 pm

Daefaroth wrote:Thank you for your excellent application and business plan.

The Innkeeper's Roster has been updated with your information.

Best Wishes on your grand opening.

Thanks for the opportunity!

The Shrouds of Varda Inn is up and running.

My opening post isn't as good as I had hoped, but we'll see if there is any interest in this sort of RP here. If it hasn't taken off by October 14th, then I'll post a closing post.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edit 2/10/08: It's the third month and there's been a bit over 200 thread views of the Shroud of Varda Inn, of which maybe 20-30 are mine, but zero replies. I think maybe there is too much set story and too much detail for anyone to deal with, or maybe its too hard to incorporate NCE inn-staff into one's posts, or whatever. I said after 3 months that if nothing progressed I would close the inn per the RP inn rules. I have just under 2 weeks to go, and so I thought I would edit this post to something lighter and simple and see if any interest comes along.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby erinhue » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:15 am

Greetings Kind Moderator Folk

Contrary to popular belief I do have respect for the rules and regulations around here. I come here to inquire about the status of the Splintered Chamberpot. I know that the place has been inactive during my absence and until now that has continued to be the case. I am asking if it is still a viable establishment because the Bards' Guild would like to reopen it to use for our coming Autumn Guild Fair Festival. IF we do not open the Songhouse, OK it is an inn, in its own thread we would be using it in the thread we would open for the festival. I got the licence and building permits around somewhere and I'll go dig em up if necessary. Just wanna do everything on the up and up in this regard... I also wanna thank you all for putting up with me and my quest for the double shineh. It means a lot to me, thank ya muchly indeed for your patience.
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)