The Old Man's Tale

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

The Old Man's Tale

Postby Galadorn » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:48 pm

i am new a rping so give me some pointers my friend showed me rping and i am hooked

Name: Galadorn, son of Astrothe
Home: Rivendalle
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Armor: Leather Cuiruss and Leather Pants
Helm: none
Weapons: Steal short sword of Rohan
Wooden bow of Rivendalle
Last edited by Galadorn on Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galadorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:04 am

I'm not an RPer, Galadorn, but you might first want to consider how you spell the names of things and places in Middle Earth. Many of the people here, including the RPers, aren't going to respect you if you don't have the time to at least check the spelling on these items. *nods*

for example: Rivendell is the home of the Elves.
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Daefaroth » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:32 am

Welcome to TORC, Galador.

Please read the Guidelines and Rules for Role Playing at the top of this forum.

A new Role Play must have an appropriate title and be started with a post that sets up the opening scene and premise of the story. It must contain enough information for other players to work from.

Please take the time to look into some of the other Role Play threads in this forum. They will help you understand what is required for Role Play here in the Prancing Pony.

Note: Character Profiles do not belong in the Role Play thread, but in the OOC thread.
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:41 am

The hobbit lass bows to the wise and wonderful...uh...thing, takes her glass of cider and sits quietly in the corner.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Bardhwyn » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:28 am

A lone woman, scarfaced and road weary, approached.

"May I sit here?" she asked. Not bothering to wait for an answer, she sat herself down on the bench. She looked over the rim of her flagon at the hobbit-lass sitting opposite and decided to ask her a question.

"I'm looking for someone, his name is Galadon. Have you heard of him?"
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:18 pm

The hobbit lass tapped her fingers against the side of her mug contemplatively. "Galadron, did you say?"

"Galadon," the human woman replied. "Don, not dron."

Glancing around the room, at the lone elf across the way and the rather intimidating swordsman in the corner, the lass leaned closer, "Why? Did he kill someone?"
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Bardhwyn » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:30 pm

The woman leaned forward and quickly supressed a rather wicked grin before replying:

"Yes, a hobbit-lass, not unlike yourself," she whispered. The Halfing's face froze momentarily. "I'm kidding," the woman said dryly, "and my business with Galadon is my own."
Bardhwyn
Mariner

?

Postby Galadorn » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:05 pm

the lonely and quiet elf has been traveling for a very long time trying to escape from something or someone he is but a wanderer of the wood traveling from town to town. he stops at this meager inn to rest and regain his awareness

galadorn hears somebody talking about him he ignores the poeple talking and continues to enjoy his meal, noticeing the bow the one wemon is carrying he decides to get up and address the lady

"evening my lady, i could not notice that you and the hobbit were speaking about me might i ask. to what pleasure do i give to be in your conversation"
Galadorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:20 am

The lass jumped slightly at the approach of the young elf, but managed to regain her composure. After all, if one is going to be a mercenary, one must learn to control ones actions, she thought. Sitting back, she waited to see what the woman would say.

Maybe papa is right, she mused, maybe this is a mistake.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Bardhwyn » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:13 am

Leaning back, against the wall, Bardhwyn absorbed herself in the bottom of her flagon while the Elf spoke. She'd not missed the Halfling's restlessness, either. It was all proving to be very interesting...

"Are we talking about you, First born? Why would you think that?"
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Galadorn » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:22 pm

noticeing the halflings jumpy disposition galadorn smiles

"no need in being afriad little one i mean no harm to anyone''

turning to look at the elf galadorn notices her battle weary face and looks at her suspiciously and says nothing
Galadorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Bardhwyn » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:58 am

"I don't know how Elves conduct themselves when in public these days," Bardhwyn said quietly as she placed her flagon down on the rough hewn table, "but among the Edain it is still considered polite to introduce yourself when interrupting a conversation." She looked up at the Elf coolly. "So, tell me your name, mallon, and I can then tell you if we were, in fact, speaking of you."
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Galadorn » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:24 pm

galadorn looks at the woman in curiosity then replys

"forgive me i am Galadorn, son of Astrothe and you are"

keeping a cocky grin on his face
Galadorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Bardhwyn » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:31 am

"Galadorn," she repeated, returning a similar grin. Not Galadon, but Galadorn, she thought to herself. She studied his features and they fit, even the Rohirrim short sword, a strange choice of arms for a son of Imladris. The name was wrong but no matter. She took this charge from the lips of a dying man and the name was the last thing he uttered - a dying breath doesn't care for accuracy.

Still, it could be the wrong Elf. She would have to watch, and wait and see...

Leaning over, she took up her saddle bag that lay at her feet and pulling open its flap, she took out a small parcel wrapped in brown paper and tied with coarse green string.

"My name is..." she hesitated a moment. Give her real name or a fake one? Her eyes scanned the room and took the chance. "Bardhwyn and this is for you. The man who carried it was dying on the side of the road, he said it was for Galadorn of Rivendell and asked that I find him and give it to him." She slid the small parcel over the table towards the Elf. She glanced up to read the Firstborn's face. "I do not know what it is and I do not want to know but what I need to know is are you the one who should receive this? Because if not, I'm honor bound by a dead man's request to find the Elf and see this task through."

The restless Hobbit wriggled in her seat once again. "Woolen knickers?" Bardhwyn asked.
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:44 am

The hobbit shot the human woman a dark look. She wanted to see what was in the package. If it was what she was thinking it was...

Biting her lip, she forced herself to sit still. In a moment the elf would decide...and then she would as well.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Galadorn » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:45 pm

galadorn looks down and then at the woman

"yes the old man was to give me this he was a friend of my father"

galadorn sets the package on the table and opens it; seeing the the hobbits curiosity in the package, he un does a second string in the package and unfolds a cloth and there lies a book and a paper reading

"as you requested, you father would have been proud"

looking up at the woman surprised

"where is the old man at now"
Galadorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Bardhwyn » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 am

Bardhwyn leaned down and gathered up her things. She steeled her expression at hearing the Elf's question.

How to answer? She decided on the truth.

"As I said, he was dying on the side of the road. After he gave me the parcel and your name I left him." She slid to the end of the bench and stood. "There were horses approaching, I had to trust he would be looked after. I can't afford to be found on roadsides in the company of a lethally wounded man - it wouldn't look good - and besides, had I stayed with him", she pointed to the book, "You never would've received that." She smiled grimly to herself. 'I'd be dangling on the end of some rope.', she thought to herself. "My task is done," she said aloud, "If you will excuse me."

Bardhwyn slung her saddlebags onto her shoulder and with her quiver and unstrung bow under her arm, she turned towards the door...
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Galadorn » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:09 pm

Galadorn stands still for a second , and then returns back to the table he was originally sitting at and ponders on a few things . One , why was the old man serverly wounded ? Two , why he was alone ( his brother was to follow him ) . As he thought this, another idea came into his head. The old man was never trusting enough to give the package to a random person ... why this mortal ?

Galadorn stands up and walks out of The Prancing Pony and walks towards the mortal with a very stealthy approach and grabs her shoulder

" You ! How did you know the old man lady, and don't lie to me ! "

(hope thats better)
Galadorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Bardhwyn » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:36 pm

She felt the Elf's firm grip on her shoulder and took a deep breath. His question didn 't surprise her but her horse's reaction did. He stamped angrily and blew hard at the sound of his voice. She soothed him with a reassuring pat before turning around, choosing a direction that would force Galadorn to release his grip.

His hand fell away as she turned but the determination she saw in his eye did not. Behind him she could see a small crowd of patrons stalled at the door to the Inn, all eager to see the confrontation but too afraid to step out into the courtyard - save the Hobbit. The Shireling who shared Bardhwyn's table had stopped some ten feet away.

Bardhwyn locked eyes with the Eldar and held his gaze.

"I have no need to lie, Galadorn. I found the man lying on the East Road, mortally wounded and I knew him not." She reached up and gathered her horse's reins. "I have done my good deed for the year. Be content with your delivery, Eldar."
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:35 am

Iris watched the confrontation between the elf and human with a mix of alarm and sheer interest. Without realizing it, she drew a small knife from her belt inching closer as the woman delivered her explination and prepared to ride off. She didn't trust the elf.

As the human woman began to swing into the saddle, the elf grabbed her arm once again, nearly pulling her to the ground. "That's not enough, woman," he growled.

Moving swiftly, Iris stepped behind him, placing the point of her knife against his lower back and praying he didn't hear her voice shake.

"I'd be careful, were I you," she said. "I know where the kidney is, and I know what kind of death a knife blade there will deliver. Unhand her."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Galadorn » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:22 pm

The tension of anger was strong in the at this moment with a knife to his back and a human arm in hand. A small smirk started to come across Galadorn's face. "mighty brave for a hobbit "Galadorn says"

In one quick motion Bardhwyn's hand was released and Galadorn was standing behind Iris with the blade she once possed, Then in another motion the blade was thrown into a log close by. " next time halfling do not have fear in your breathing when you wish to attack somebody "Galadorn says with a calm look on his face"

Then Galadorn turns back towards Bardhwyn "okay i believe you" Galadorn say appolageticly
Galadorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Bardhwyn » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:32 pm

Bardhwyn rubbed her upper arm where the Elf had grabbed her and said nothing. Her taut, bloodless lips bit back a stream of obscenities, however. The patrons of the Inn murmured expectantly as they crowded in the open door and low windows.

She looked to the Hobbit's knife, lodged in the nearby log and back to Galadorn. Wordlessly the Barding woman walked to the fallen piece of tree and pulled the knife free. She quickly inspected the blade. It had fared well. She thumbed the edge. The Halfling obviously liked her knives to be sharp.

Bardhwyn walked slowly to where the Hobbit lass stood and handed the blade back to her, hilt first.

"My thanks, Shireling. You do credit to your race," Bardhwyn said, "Farewell to you."

With a quick whistle, Bardhwyn called her horse to her and mounted, watching the Elf Galadorn carefully, her hand resting on the hilt of her own knife. Her horse reared, neighing loudly, as if in warning - 'Stay back, for you will not come near my mistress again'.

The black steed turned and moved quickly into a cantor, down the tree lined road that led eastward.
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:40 am

After taking the knife, Iris backed away, hoping that in the questionable light her flushed face wouldn't be seen. Most of the crowd was still watching the elf and woman, making it easy for Iris to slip back into the inn to retrieve her bags and then make her way to the stables. In the dimness her own horse, a small, well built animal, barely larger than a large pony, whickered softly as she entered.

"Hello lad, ready to go?" she asked, saddling him and then tying the bags into place. The chestnut gelding stamped his hoof impatiently. They had arrieved only early this afternoon, but he was already well rested and eager to go.

When Iris and her horse trotted out, the crowd had dispersed and even teh elf had disappeared from sight. For a moment she was at a loss, then took a wild guess and started down the road, leading into the wilderness.

After a short ride she saw a campfire just off the road. Dismounting, she carefully made her way in among the trees to the fire, hoping it was the human woman and not some ruffian. She reached first for the knife, heasitated, and instead reached for her sword. She still didn't feel comfortable with it, but maybe they wouldn't know that.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Galadorn » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:27 pm

The elf followed the hobbit just out of ear shoot making sure to follow the human so he can learn more about the human........
Galadorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:08 am

"Well, wot have we here?"

Iris would have jumped out of her skin if she'd had a chance, but a large, heavy hand had just landed on her shoulder, keeping her in place. She tried to twist around to look up at the voice, but the hand held her securely.

"Now, now, none o' that. You'll be coming with me, nice and proper, and we'll let Guff have a look at ye."

The big hand propelled her forward, into the firelight were three men sat, chewing on something and watching with a mix of amusement and curiosity as the hobbit lass stumbled forward.

"Wot have you got 'ere, Tom?" said one of them.

"Dunno, Guff," Tom replied. "Child looks like, sneaking up on our camp."

"Ain't no such," said one of the other men, squinting at her. "This 'ere's a 'obbit, a nice 'obbit lass looks like."

"A 'obbit? Wots that?" Guff stepped closer, crouching down to get a good look at her."

"You 'eard of 'at one as found all them dragon jools an such. Ran off wit some dwarves and a daft wizard some years ago. Me dad told me all 'bout it when I was just a little 'un."

"Jools did ye say? Well, now, that's somethin' like!" Guff stood up. "Come 'ere lass, sit down and tell us about it."

"Why should I?" Iris said, then, realizing that a short attitude probably wouldn't do her any good, added, "I don't know anything about jewels...I was looking for a friend. Please, I know she's wondering where I am..."

"No, no, first we want to 'ear all 'bout them jools and gold an such as lays around your land, and then we'll think on letting you go, or not." Guff sat down on the log he'd been sitting on earlier. Iris looked around at the group, wondering what she was going to say, and then wondering why the one man just sat there, saying nothing, but glaring all the while. Oh, you're in for it now, Iris. How do you think you'll get out of this? You should have stayed at home.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Nevez » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:31 am

Nevez sat, staring at nothing in particular, thinking of the quest that lay ahead of him, a quest that was more dangerous and foreboding than many he had undertaken before.

Not a lot was known about the kind innkeeper, he was a well built human, 20 years old but wise for his age he had broad shoulders, a scar down the left hand side of his face, half hidden by his long black hair, a long black cloak was buckled around his shoulders with an ornate buckle and a lond double edged broadsword hung at his waste, a dagger straped to his right bicep and a long bow and full quiver hung at his back.

He suddenly came back into being and snapped out of his stouper whilst he had been thinking, the half wits he had allowed to share his fire carried on with their relentless talk of old hobbits and jewels and dragons. Time to stop this he thought.

Standing up he spoke "stop this nonsense, leave the poor hobbit girl alone" he said in his gruff but rather loud voice "i was kind enough to allow you the warmth and light of my fire but now you try my patience, so i will ask you nicely to stop your interogation of the lass." seeing the flames glint off of his sword the two men decided to do as they were bidden, and he had been good to the them after all.

"Nevez" said the man extending his hand to the hobbit, "at your service" . . .
Nevez
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Galadorn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm

Galadorn stoped following the elf to wander for a bit into the woods. Galadorn found many answers in the woods he would go there from time to time to think and get answers from the wise old trees.He had been there for almost a month when he had decided to take a new approach to life .After studying the book left from the old man he new the old man wanted to him to help people.

Galadorn then left the woods and headed back to the Prancing Pony. he figured if he needed to find some way to help people that this would be the place to start. He walked into the door, and found the bartender and asked him if he knew of any people who needed a hand.
Galadorn
Citizen of Imladris

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)