~ The Mists of Eriador ~ OOC and Character Bios

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Arassuil » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:25 am

Hunter wrote:Arassuil, since you already read the backstory, go ahead and post a character description. It can be as long or short as you wish depending on your style, just remenber to keep your character within the timeframe set in the story.

~

I get the time is 2995 of the third age, am I correct? Thank you for the go-ahead! I'll get my character information up here in a bit, and he should fit in well. Thanks again!
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby heliona » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:55 am

Hello, Arassuil! Welcome! :) I look forward to reading your posts.

I really, really, really need to reread Shadow Over Arnor again. I've got it all printed out somewhere, I just need to find it. Then I will have a better idea of where I want Almarian and Lilion to go from here. I've been pretty useless in this thread recently - I'm sorry. :( I've got some notes written down, I just need to coalesce them into something coherent!
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Arassuil » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:05 pm

Question to anyone who knows.... while pondering a character to fit into this fine tale, I've done a bunch of back-reading of the previous take and wondered if it would be possible to resurrect and write for one of the old characters? I was thinking of writing a ranger character, but there seems to be a few from the Shadow over Arnor that haven't been used in years. I'm thinking of the rangers Elendur and Arkaeth who appeared early then seemed to fade. Of course, my further reading beyond the first couple pages may find they have been killed off by their writers, but thought I'd ask anyway. I do have a character profile to fit the time and place, but I'm still working on getting a good grasp on the back story.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Morghan~Lachlan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:29 pm

Greetings Arassuil,

Yes, the year is 2995 Third age and the time is autumn. :)

As for your other question about taking over one or both older characters…well that’s entirely up to you. Arkaeth was the creation of Innkeeper who really never posted much after the very first changeover of the boards and he is mentioned in the wrap-up written by Heliona at the end of Shadow over Arnor as having returned to home. I believe the same holds true for the character Elendur written by Elendur. I checked the memberlist and although it says Innkeeper last visited in April 202, when I hit the link to bring up his posts none could be found. Elendur’s username I could not even find though I confess I didn’t look very long. His character seemed to just fade into the background of Arnor and the only mention I find is when Elendur was included by someone else in a post.

Both Raven and I have taken and used older characters from Arnor so I see no problem with you wanting to. Good luck. :)

Ok, RL has finally slowed enough so I could actually sit and write and I finished up with Morghan for the time being. I will add more later but for now I’m going to start working on writing something for Ewen and some of my other characters to hopefully jump start this story again.

Raven, as always, you are in my thoughts. {{hugg}} :rose:

Morghan~Lachlan
Citizen of Imladris

Postby rwhen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:18 pm

and mine too. :hug: 143
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Arassuil » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:41 pm

Thanks Morghan, who I assume is also Hunter. I'm still doing a thorough read of the back-story so I can get a feel of the characters from what the original writers and others that used them wrote. I may still just introduce a new character. Once I get it sussed, I'll post the character bio here.

I'm not sure where, but I read somewhere here in my board wanderings something about the significance of the 01 May 2002 date on many of the user names. It had to do with an upgrade, and a default date was set that would update after a user logged in. Those who hadn't logged in after the upgrade still have the default date.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby heliona » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:00 am

I have a feeling that Elendur got killed off, but if you're reading the whole thread, you'll find that out at some point!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby Hunter » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:24 pm

~

Yes, Hunter and Morghan~Lachlan are one and the same. Sorry I forgot to say anything Arassuil. :(

Well, what happens next I'll leave up to Claymore. Well Eradan and Ewen continue on to Rivendell or pursue the orcs who attacked the Inn? Only time will tell.

Still pretty busy, but I'll have another post sometime soon, this time involving the folks at Rivendell.

Always with thoughts of Raven. {{huggs}}

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:25 am

Yeah, I figured that out after extensive reading of this thread. :)

I decided to go with the character I made up for an inn thread that went nowhere after two months. I cheated a little and lifted that post and edited it to make the character intro here in this story. I also picked up on the Anna character for my post, and am on the way to Bree the same morning Morghan and Raven set out just to tie it all in. If there are any flaws in my post let me know and an edit will be forthcoming.

Here he my character...

Name: Malassuil

Race: Northern Dunedain

Appearance: Long thick dark hair peppered with silver-grey, slightly curled, and roughly hewn about the shoulders. short grey beard blending in with the grey temples. A few small scars could be seen on his bare arms. A large, very prominent scar cut down across the left cheekbone. He is considered tall even by the standards of the northern Dunedain, and quite muscular. His usual attire was his sturdy, yet supple and well-worn dark rust-brown leathers consisting of boots, breeches, and a thick leather sleeveless vest. Over it all he would wear a well-worn dark grey-green hooded cloak that had some few small tatters, unadorned except with a silver rayed brooch on the left shoulder. He was a Ranger, shadowed on his movements and deeds and keeping watch in the northlands of Eriador.

Bio: Born and raised in a remote homestead in the rugged North Downs, he didn't remember his mother for she died giving birth to him. His father was away much of the time for he was a Ranger then. Malassuil was keen to learn, and he wou;ld watch and learn from the tradesmen that would come at times. He would listen and absorb from others all he could, especially from his father and the other rangers who would stay at the house at times. He became skilled with knife and bow, and even more so with a sword. He tended to his training and would become in time, as most young men of the Dunedain did, a Ranger. Through the years he had befriended some of the other rangers, but to others, he seemed distant. But he was keen to teach the younger rangers assigned to his company what he could, just as he was taught by those before him.

When riding near the highlands of Rhuadur, Marassuil heard rumor of a darkness that had fallen on the lands, a shadow, and now some years later, he was visiting a young ranger named Arkaeth at his home by the Lake Evendim. He was coming home with a shadow over him, of which he talked about much with Marassuil who had come to the lake. He learned that Elendur was slain, Halasian had gone mad, and evil was on the rise in the east. But after this one talk, Arkaeth seemed to brighten as he neared his home. He was to be married, and Marassuil would stay for it. It was a joyous event and for a time the darkness was forgotten. But after lingering long there, tending the house while the young ranger enjoyed his bride, he left again for the north. But the words of Arkaeth weighed on him, and in time, Marassuil decided he would have to go and find other companies of Rangers and learn what they knew. He passed command of the north watch on to a hearty ranger, and set out for the town of Bree...
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hunter » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:16 am

~

Hail and well met Arrasuil! Very nice opening post. :) I liked the way you wove Anna into it and it gives me something to go on and use.

I also took a peak at the Inn you started. Very interesting. I may just have to dig up one of my characters and pop in as soon as I can find a bit of time to write

Heliona, I hope my use of Almarian is okay with you. You mentioned before you'd like more background to go on and I added some by way of my post. Hope it helps spur your muse!

(Ever and always thinking of Raven.)
~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:28 am

Thanks for the kind words about my post. I have to admit that I was a bit drunk when I wrote it, and just now edited it in hopes that it flows better and makes better sense. I tried to use some of the old characters to help weave my character in to the tale, and hopefully I didn't take too many liberties with them. I have to say that Anna is one of the more intriguing characters from the old tale, and I like how she was brought in to the new tale. I have a spiral notebook full of character names and notes and such and hope to do everyone justice. I look forward to what you have in store! Good post on what is happening in Rivendell by the way.
About the Shrouds of Varda Inn... I think I may have over-did the scene a bit, scaring away any prospective writers to the tale. Maybe I should edit it a bit taking some of the political stuff out to use in another Rp? Speaking of inns, I see that 2 months after I tried to get something going in the Lonely Road Inn that someone decides to post there again. No worries though. I lifted my post I had there to use here! Like I said, I was a bit drunk that day. :)
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Morghan~Lachlan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:35 am

I like your revision even more and look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

(Ever and always thinking of Raven.)
Morghan~Lachlan
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arassuil » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:37 pm

I got a post in that moves Anna and Malassuil to the Prancing Pony at the end of the day. I had to again tweak my previous post to fix a couple coding and grammar errors I spotted.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby heliona » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:46 am

I've been awful! I'm sorry, I've just been so uninspired! I really need to watch the films again just to get my mind into the right state!

Hunter, I don't mind at all. In fact, this might be the push that I need to get writing again! (Although, typically, I'm going away for three weeks, and won't even have any internet access, so even if I am inspired, I won't be able to post anything. I will probably take a notebook with me and try to make copious notes to work into a post when I get back. :))

Arassuil, lovely post. :)

:hug:'s to all!
heliona

Postby Arassuil » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:47 pm

heliona wrote:I've been awful! I'm sorry, I've just been so uninspired! I really need to watch the films again just to get my mind into the right state!

Hunter, I don't mind at all. In fact, this might be the push that I need to get writing again! (Although, typically, I'm going away for three weeks, and won't even have any internet access, so even if I am inspired, I won't be able to post anything. I will probably take a notebook with me and try to make copious notes to work into a post when I get back. :))

Arassuil, lovely post. :)

:hug:'s to all!

First, thank you for the kind words. I thought my second last post was crap after I read it sober, hense the edits. I'm glad you and Hunter thought otherwise. I hoped the last post helped tie my character in better.

Second, the notebook helps! I spent some few hours (days?) reading and re-reading this, the other pertinent threads, and some emails trying to get a grasp on all the various aspects and atmosphere of this tale, ended up taking cryptic notes on characters, settings, etc., and I have a mess that only I could understand. Hopefully it will help me keep everything straight.

Enjoy your time away Heliona, and I'll still be looking forward to your writing! :)
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Morghan~Lachlan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 pm

heliona wrote:In fact, this might be the push that I need to get writing again!

Glad it helped. :) Hope you're having fun.

Good grief, I thought I was alone in keeping copious notes, glad to see I'm not the only geek here. :P I try to keep everything straight, but sometimes its a challenge.

Take it away Arassuil. :)

I left it open concerning the parchments Butterbur has, for the whole history of the rangers was Raven's addition and I don't know where she was going with it. Will you be adding more details about them? Just curious mind you, but I did have a thought or two concerning the parchments and what information they might hold that might tie in with the broader picture of the story. I have some more thinking to do about it though, might be a little far-fetched, Oh well. I'm off for work soon.

Morghan~Lachlan
Citizen of Imladris

Postby RavenTinuviel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:18 pm

Welcome Arassuil, and great writing Hunter and Arassuil!!! I will try and get back on this now that my head is, literally and figuratively, clear of obstructions. I will have some free time for awhile so I will work on Khul, Kulhar, Ravens abduction and maybe even reveal who took her.... maybe.
:P I actually have a couple different ideas with this so I may send off an email and bounce them off you.

I really did not have more of a solid idea with the old parchments that were given to Anna other than they contained some history from Arnor and were penned by King Elendur, which relates them to the one I read to Morghan, Ewen, and Eradan at the Forsaken Inn. I will need to read back and re-familiarize myself with some of the details, but they could really hold many secrets.

I do hope you find the time and muse to join in Heliona!
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:15 pm

Well met Raven, and welcome back! I look forward to reading your writings again!

Hunter/Morghan, great post! I have an idea about what's in the parchments Anna has based on the one Raven read at the Forsaken. I had emailed Raven about them when I last posted, and she just today got back to me about them. I'll work on a post and get it up as time permits.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hunter » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:13 am

~

Hurray, hurray Raven's back!

HUGE {{HUGG}} and :yippie: :yippie: :D :D

It is so good to see you again Raven and thankful that everything seems to have turned out well. I'll be looking forward to what you have to add to the story, but take your time.

Thanks Arassuil, but it was a tough post to write and it sounded a bit forced to me. I don't know if my muse wasn't all there or what, I just couldn't settle my mind about some things, but apparently it turned out well. oh, and congrats on making 100 posts! You now have a boobie shield! :)

~

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:32 pm

One hundred posts in a year and a half. I didn't notice, but then I don't usually pay attention to such things. Thanks for pointing it out! :)

I know the feeling of forced muse, which I mention here in this thread. Its funny how we can think our posts are crap and others think they're ok? I guess thats what makes this whole story writing RP so much fun? I always worry I'll get too wordy and bog the tale down in details, but I don't like to leave things out either. Its such a balancing act sometimes.

Looking forward to the tale additions, and hope heliona can get into it, and that claymore is still in to it.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby RavenTinuviel » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:31 pm

I have the same fears about my posts not making sense. :P

Thank you for the welcomes! :) I think I will concentrate on the Raven-Khul-Kulhar part of the story and see how that goes. I am worried about time passage issues in the story as I do not wish to have too much happen in the storyline with Raven as really only a half of a day had really passed since her abduction. I was worried I was going to be gone much longer, and so written her out so there would be no burden in others posting. I will have something posted about her soon. As far as the old parchments, I will let Arassuil and Morghan decide what further will be written on them if that is okay.:)
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:50 pm

No worries Raven. I think Hunter and I can handle Anna NCE & the parchments. I'm not at all clear as to what Raven and Morghan left the Forsaken Inn with, or what may be with Barliman at the Prancing Pony, but as I said, I have a good idea for those with Anna based on the one read to Ewen and Eradan. May be a bit before I get another post up. I have it written in part but am still working out the rest.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hunter » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:39 pm

~

Arassuil, the way I understood Raven’s post, Morghan only has some of Anna’s drawings with her. It was to question Anna about some of the drawing that they decided to go to Bree in the first place. Only Morghan’s not so sure what questions she wants to ask. (Don’t worry though, she’ll think of something. :wink: ) Any of the parchments containing the histories were placed back in their hiding place in the cellar (if I recall right) at the Forsaken for safe keeping while they were gone. If I’m wrong, Raven can correct me.

Also the reason I mentioned Barliman having something for Anna was that you mentioned it in your post.

"And what about the misses? ... hey, are you not the Ferny girl... the quiet one?"

Anna nodded, somewhat surprised she was recognized so easily. He went on,

"Ah... well I have some things for you then.... some stuff you left, and some stuff left for you by others. I have then stored away, and when it settles down later this night I'll get them for you."

When I read that, I came up with an idea for what he may have, so I mentioned it again in my post. You can go first as I’m working on another post right now concerning events in other places.

Call out to Claymore….you still with us?

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:07 pm

It would figure it came from something I wrote. Yeah I remembered that bit long after I was off line. I remember throwing that in at first because I got the two inns confused, then I left it in after further study because Anna spent time in both inns. I figured she had left stuff at both places, and that would leave it open to anything more anyone wanted to add. Thanks for setting me straight on the where and what of the various scrolls, parchments, and drawings. I do believe I read that the scroll read at the Forsaken was hidden.

:) Ah the fun of RP.... 8)
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby RavenTinuviel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:44 pm

I have emailed both Hunter and Arassuil about some story direction ideas I had concerning Raven. I am rather undecided as to which way to go, so I hope you will get back to me with your thoughts.

I do not know how much I will be able to put into writing, but right now I seem to be writing a lot of alternative possible posts for Raven that could be interesting. I guess I am afraid to start any deep sub-plot in case I am unable to see it through.
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:16 am

~

Raven, I received your e-mail and sent out a reply already, but since I don't have your addy Arassuil, I couldn't include you in it. If you would like to give me your e-mail, you can either post it here or else you can send me one (mine addy is visible in my profile) so that I can copy what I sent to Raven. Or else, Raven can just send it on to you. Either option is fine with me.

Heliona and Claymore, do you want to be involved in this exchange also? Awaiting your replies. :)

Ah yes, Rp is 8) :D

edit to add: Ooops almost forgot. Arassuil, that Naveen character who popped into your Inn is me using one of my alts. :)
~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby RavenTinuviel » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:24 pm

I am really sorry Hunter! I knew Arassuil from another board and so had his email in my address book. I forwarded your reply to me on to him, and have to say it has me thinking a lot of different ways. I am going to take the weekend and work out a post and should have it up early next week. Meanwhile, as you all likely read, I posted Kulhars activities that will bring him back to Bree.

Oh yes, I am sorry Claymore and Heliona for not including you in my email as well.

Edit Oct 12: I have worked out a post that should work and will have it up shortly. I still have to work the passage of time, but hopefully it will be figured out by the time I post.
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:29 pm

:hihi:

I've been working on a nice post for the scene at the Pony to move it along, & one for the Forsaken as well. Hopefully I'll get it done this weekend. A lot seems to be happening suddenly offline which has cut in to my writing time, but no worries, I'll get 'er done... Varda as well. Don't mean to be the hold-up on the story flow.

Edit: I got some of it posted. The last part could be much better and I have more to add, but I just ran out of time right now.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby heliona » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:46 am

I'm kicking myself, hoping to get into action! What with Christmas coming up and I've also been invited to two weddings (one has just passed) this month, so I'm very busy!

But perhaps I can get inspired next week. I'm on holiday and will hopefully have a chance to sit down and work out what's going to happen! I'm sorry!! I've not forgotten about you all, I promise!

heliona

Postby Hunter » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:03 am

~

First I must apologize for my absence from this thread. Real life became very busy during the whole holiday season, but that’s no excuse for not letting those still involved here that my interest still was held by this story. For that I am truly sorry and I can’t say that I would blame anyone for losing interest either. With that said, I will say that I have 2 posts in the works but it still may be awhile yet before I’m able to post anything but before I do I will wait to see if anyone else is still interested in continuing. If no one shows interest, this story will slowly fade away as so many others do. It is the way of things sometime and no one is truly to blame.

With that, I do have to leave now, for it is late and work comes early in the morning. I do hope that everyone had a very merry Christmas and I wish the best New Year possible for all of you.

Best wishes, Hunter

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)