~ The Mists of Eriador ~ OOC and Character Bios

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Arassuil » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:07 am

I'm still in, & I 'd like to add to my last post. Was hoping to do it over the holidays but alas, life has been quite busy for me the last couple months. No excuses though, for much is yet to be written.

Hunter, what I have to add is a bit on some scrolls. If you wish to carry on the scene at the Pony before I do, feel free as I can add what I'm working on later if need be. Had an email to Raven a coupe months ago about the Forsaken but haven't heard back as yet. Hope all is well.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hunter » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:40 pm

~

Thank you Arrasuil. :)

As I said before, I have two posts in the works, one concerning events at the Inn and the other, events elsewhere. The one at the Inn should be ready soon.

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Just a quick note here to say that I edited and added to my last post todaqy, so Hunter, you may want to gove it a read before posting for Morghan & Anna at the Prancing Pony.

I also got word back and wrote a Forsaken post.

My apologies for the time it took to get this done. May future posts come a bit swifter.

Cheers!
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hunter » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:43 am

~

Bit of surprise waiting back at the Forsaken I see! Didn't really see that coming. :)

Thanks for adding to your post at the Pony. I need to do a small rewrite to the post I was writing for Morghan and it will be up soon I promise.

In the meantime I went ahead and posted a bit of information about what is happening elsewhere. I'll be adding to that one soon also and then it should give a fair idea on what will be happening on that front.

Cheers Arrasuil!

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:32 pm

Wow, lots of good information in your post Hunter!

I edited my last two (again) to clarify some points and to correct some horrid typing.

It will be interesting to see what (RP) tomorrow brings!

Edit: I added to the last post at the Forsaken Inn. It takes that part into the morning, so hopefully it will allow for some interaction with any character who happens by this new day. Sorry if it causes any confusion or editing.

Cheers!
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Morghan~Lachlan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:12 am

Thanks Arassuil, figured it was time to bring another element into the story line. :)

Well, it took longer for me to get that post up than I first thought, but when I reread one of Raven's last posts and noticed she had Khul heading back to Bree I figured I'd wrap up that loose end. Not sure what else she intended for him and really hope I didn't screw anything up as far as intentions for you to use him. If so there is always the handy dandy edit button. There were also a few delays in RL (aren't there always?!) that kept me rather preoccupied. :roll:

Morghan~Lachlan
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Claymore » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:31 am

eyo guys.
Sorry to have been pretty much unresponsive since September.
I started studying Medicine and life has been pretty hectic since then. The right kind of hectic but hectic nonetheless.
I am going to read everything you have written and then see if I can add something.
Is there something that I should know before barging right in ?
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Postby Arassuil » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Good posts Hunter! No worries on the write of Kulhar. (not Khul... he's somewhere east of the Inn I believe) I'm sure he may return if Raven gets back to writing with us again, but I had no ideas for him at the moment. I have barely enough time keeping my end up with Malassuil and Halasian, and carrying Raven somewhat. I'm in a bit of a quandry as to the last Forsaken bits and may need to edit that last part some as I'm not sure when Raven will be back, and don't know how much we want to move her character along without her input.

Claymore! Barge in.. please do! Its all there to read if you have the time, and hopefully you can add more to the tale! Sounds like you're quite busy in life though. Still... looking forward to what you write!

Heliona, hopefully you can get in too, but if the muse don't come, its understandable.

Keep up the good tale people! We're nearly to page 3!
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hunter » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:24 pm

~

Hi there Claymore :)

Medicine huh…good for you! That is bound to keep you busy.

As for barging…go ahead and jump in…just as long as you read everything written so far. Raven has been MIA for sometime also (hope you are doing well if you read this Raven dear) and neither Arassuil nor myself know when or if she will be back so keep that in mind.

Ok, since there are different events happening in various places it might be the time to share this with everyone who would like to stay involved. When Raven and I started this story I started working on a map of the area involved. Mainly it was for myself, as an aid to writing so that I could have a reference as to where the different characters I was handling are and have a definite place for them to be. It has helped me keep a clear perspective on distances and also given me a chance to add some place names that aren’t found anywhere else, made up ones taken from an old MMORP map someone sent me a long time ago. The names used aren't that important other than they help me narrow down a specific place. All of my characters are in a specic place rather than a somewhere that can be changed at will. I plan on continuing this way. If anyone would like a copy of the map just let me know.

I’m rather a stickler for time and place :roll: ; it’s rather irksome to suddenly have movement from one place to another in an unbelievable space of time and sometimes really screws things up as far as the flow of the story. With that in mind I've come up with the following.

Timewise (in my writing) the events surrounding Bree/Forsaken have happened pretty much in the same timeframe and I have assumed the events written by Claymore/Raven in the Ettenmoors fit within the same timeframe. Does everyone agree?

What happened with Ewen/Eradan on the road has also followed the same timeframe, so keep that in mind Claymore as you think about where to jump in.

As far as Imladris and Olben/Durham go, they are also in the same timeframe as Bree/Forsaken. As morning has dawned in Bree, so too has it there and Olben will be leaving Imladris. The events recently added concerning Bryna/Nárello also match this timeline.

The only characters/events so far that don’t match with the current time are with Michrel/Rácino. They don’t fit the current timeframe. What little that has been written concerning is still a short time in the past. The next time I write about them I plan on catching them up and matching them to what is current.

So there you have it. A timeline is in place with one exception. I’d like to pin down a specific month instead of just saying autumn. How does mid-October sound? That way it will be easier to keep track of time as the story progresses.

LOL, okay Arassuil, my mind knew it was Kulhar but my fingers typed Khul-sorry about that.

I know it must be hard to write about Raven/Halasían when you don’t have much to go on as far as what Raven may have had in mind. Honestly I don’t think I can be much help. If you need to make any changes in that last post about them, go ahead. I was wondering that same thing as I wrote and couldn’t for the life of me come up with anything. If you feel as if you can’t continue any further without compromising Raven’s characters there is always the out she planned, have them both vanish without saying where specifically. That way if/when Raven comes back she may pick them both up or if you’d like to use Halasían at some later point in the story, you can figure stuff out later. I have something in mind concerning Anna, so that’s why I choose the Forsaken as a destination. I have it half-way worked out in my mind but I still have some details to figure out. Shoot me an email if you’d like.

Hurray for the coming of page three! :drink:

Holy cow that was a long OOC post. Hope some of it helps otherwise just tell me to shut up and I will! :shock:

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:40 pm

No Hunter, you don't talk too much. The more info I can get the better. :)
I’m rather a stickler for time and place :roll: ; it’s rather irksome to suddenly have movement from one place to another in an unbelievable space of time and sometimes really screws things up as far as the flow of the story.

Re the time/place/movement/etc. ... I agree with what you say. I do use a bit of "dithering time" in the sense that maybe what would be only a few minutes - half hour or so seems to take a lot of (screen) time in that much happens and/or is talked about, wheras other times little happens concerning the same characters, so time passes rather quickly with a few lines of text. But, that said, when my characters are moving distance, I try and judge it with Karen Wynn Fonstad's Atlas of Middle Earth as a guide. If it takes a week to get from one place to another, then I keep an eye out for the time passage at the destination so the arrival of the character is right. Things that help in tracking time is using actual dates, or using moon phases. Now I haven't retained all the detail of the back-read to remember if the moon was mentioned at all, so if it has, remind me, or if it hasn't, then it could be mentioned to "set the clock". And yes, I figured that October sometime was right as the weather has been described as waning summer warmth to wind and rain. So lets go with mid October?

Now I'm talking too much.... :roll:

One more thing.. I would love to get a copy of your map! :)

Edit: Another thing. I tweaked the end of the last post at the Forsaken. It leaves the two characters open for future work, but gives them a break for now. There will be sign at the Forsaken that they were there, for Halasian didn't bother to cover his trail. In fact, he left something.

Happy Writing all!
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby heliona » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:50 am

Well, I was reading up and got halfway down page 2, I think it was, before I had to stop and do some work. So hopefully I can catch up fairly soon and think of something to post. :)

Meanwhile, if you want to utilise Almarian and Lilion, feel free. :D
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby heliona » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:51 am

Oh, I forgot to add:

Hunter. rwhen was asking after you. :) If you get the chance, say hi in the Fallen but not Forgotten thread in Talk.
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby Claymore » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:01 pm

sorry it took some time to write. Life unexpectedly rose to another notch of hectic.
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hunter » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:36 am

~

Nice post Claymore, though you moved Ewen nad Eradan along in time faster than I anticipated, I can still work with it.

Don't worry about finding time to write, just so long as you let us know when you might be long for any length of time. This is a slow moving story after all.

Arassuil, I sent the map, did you receive it?

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:09 am

I did, and thanks much. I think I may have the other maps you mention as the names seem somewhat familiar. Good detail! I'm a bit more old fashoned in my mapping in that I just copied Fonstad's maps and have it doodled with pencil.

I recommend getting the Atlas of Middle Earth, but this source, especially pages one and six, will give an idea what distances are involved between Bree and Rivendell, and Tharbad to Carn Dum, which is likely the greater area of Middle Earth this RP takes place in.

Good read Claymore! Glad you're still writing here with all the demands on your time. :)
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby RavenTinuviel » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:36 pm

Hello everyone!

I have been away much too long, and have sadly neglected this whole tale and the emails that have come about it. I came by and took a read of it all a few weeks back as I found I had sadly forgotten much of it. I guess that can be expected when they mess with your head and you give up some crutches that helped carry you along for so long? I find that some memories and desires I once had have vanished, and one of those has been the internet. I have not been on much anywhere at all. That said, I started to write up a post, and have a few alternatives I could use. I will likely not get it done and up until next weekend as the weeks are quite busy for me. I have been working a contract job that goes until mid April.

Thank you for the good reading, and I have to say you all are excellent writers.
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:01 am

Raven, I left that storyline for when you return to writing, so do with it what you will.
Meanwhile, I'm working on a Malassuil/Morghan/Anna post which I hope to have up in the next few days or so.

The tale will go on! :)
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hunter » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:12 pm

~

Arassuil wrote:The tale will go on! :)

Thank you for that Arassuil. The way things have been going in my life the past month I really needed to hear something positive! I wish that I could reach out through cyberspace to do this, but this will have to do. huge {{Hugg}}

Raven dear, write whenever you can or if you can't, well that's ok too. Don't worry about us, just take care of yourself. Whatever you do and wherever you go know that I will always be thinking of you. :rose:

Hunter

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:27 am

I do hope things go better for you Hunter. I'm glad those simple words were re-assuring! [[HUG]]

My Malassuil/Morghan/Anna post is up. I was quite tired when I hacked it ou so if there is anything that needs clarifying or edited, let me know.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby heliona » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Ugh, I am so useless. Or rather my muse is. :doh: I'm sure that some of you know that the past two months have pretty hectic and emotional for me and I really haven't felt like going on the internet at all much.

(Right now it is nearly two in the morning, and my brain feels like mush, so please forgive me if this post doesn't make much sense!)

Anyway, I'm considering bowing out of this RP, simply because I haven't contributed in so long, and just don't feel inspired at the moment. I will continue to read it, of course, and don't hesitate to message/email me with questions about Almarian and Lilion if you want to continue to use them.

I feel really bad about this, but I also have been feeling equally guilty about not being able to post (I'd rather post nothing than post something silly that would pale in comparison to the standard of all your posts). :(

So, unless I get inspired within the next week or so, I think I may have to throw in the towel. My brain just isn't in RP mode at the moment.
heliona

Postby Arassuil » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:18 pm

No worries Heliona. Such is the way of online RP'ng. One can't force the muse. I tried it last week and my post was utterly rubbish so I deleted it and hoped to try again. Then, last night I was just lurking about the web when a wave of inspiration hit me and I wrote my last post. It too may be rubbish, but it didn't seem that way to me at the time I hit the 'submit' button.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hunter » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:33 am

~

Don't worry Heliona, as Arassuil said, that is the way Rp writing goes sometimes. Thank you so much for writing the wrap-up for Arnor, without your contribution, I wouldn't have been inspired to go as far as I have thus far in my writing. I'm glad you have enjoyed what we have written so far and hopefully there will be more to read in the future.

Arassuil and Claymore, time right now is my enemy, there has been very little spare time to sit down and write for any length of time. I have about half a page written so far concerning Ewen and company and now Arassuil's post has given me alot of food for thought! I really will try to get a post up soon, but I have to meet a few other deadlines first (mutters to self- will someone please stop the hands on the clock from moving so fast!) :hihi:

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby heliona » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:17 pm

Thanks. :grouphug: I do feel really bad about it, especially as I had so much fun with Shadow Over Arnor but I'm just failing miserably at coming up with anything for Mists. :cry2:

As I said, feel free to use Almarian and Lilion (just don't kill them off! I want them to eventually return to Mirkwood, reasonably unscathed! :lol:) to kill and track down baddies (especially if Malebranche raises his evil head again. :evil: ).
heliona

Postby Arassuil » Wed May 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Heliona, muse is a funny thing, and inspiration to write in a story can be an elusive thing. I think this tale will work itself out and will be one that stands on its own along side Shadow Over Arnor. I do hope Raven returns to write soon.

Now I've edited my last post a few times now, so hope it doesn't throw off anything thats in the works for you Hunter. It seems every time I re-read my post, some glaring spelling and/or holes I see. I then go in to edit, and things look different in the open post screen than they do on the board, and I start tweaking this and that, and even adding more to it. Today was no exception, but I am letting it stand as it is.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby RavenTinuviel » Fri May 15, 2009 12:52 am

Arassuil wrote:I do hope Raven returns to write soon.

I will post to the story soon. I have a post sort of written but I need to review some of it before posting it.
Hunter wrote:time right now is my enemy, there has been very little spare time to sit down and write for any length of time.

I have not forgotten Mists, and echo Hunters words about time being the enemy as far as my ability to concentrate on writing. There does however seem to be a small light at the end of the tunnel.

heliona wrote:I'm just failing miserably at coming up with anything for Mists.

I have to say your writing in Shadow Over Arnor was an inspiration to me when I started Mists. ((hugs)) to you Heliona my dear friend of twilight. I am afraid I have neglected my friends way too long. Know that I love you all!

Edit: I got a post up, but I may edit it some yet. I wrote it in blocks, and it feels like blocks in parts. I think I need to smooth it out some. still, it covers a fair part of a day, so I will watch for others to post before posting again.
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Pardon the choppiness of my last post, but I was a bit drunk when I wrote it initially. The last edit is a little better. Basically it's filling in a bit. I have another post in the works with a bit about the Bloodcrows, and I'll toss it to you Hunter for a readover to make sure I get it in the right vein. Happy writing everyone!
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hunter » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:06 am

~

Arassuil you are a dear! :heart:
Time is still my enemy but I haven't forgotten Mists! My household increased for the summer when my eldest daughter and her family arrived. There are now me, my daughter, her husband, 3 grandchildren (ages 17, 13 and 9), 2 dogs (one more than 100lbs!) and 5 cats! Yikes! (But a good yikes! :D ) She is working temporarily an hour away, that is the reason for the move. Her husband is a teacher and he is working at a resort for the summer as is the number 1 grandson.

Writing is still ongoing and I'm hoping to post something soon so keep your fingers crossed.

{{Huggs}} to all. :grouphug:

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:38 am

~

You can uncross your fingers now. :roll:

Well, it isn't the best, but I pieced together the different sections I was working on sporadically the past couple of months and it makes sense to me as far as the flow of it goes, hope it makes sense to everyone else. :)

Now to work on a post to answer yours Arassuil. Promise it won't take as long as the last one. :)

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Celebrimbor32 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:12 am

Greetings, fellow Eriadorans :) I hope I am not trespassing too much by just stopping by here real quickly to congratulate you all on some very fine writing in this thread of yours! Being an 'Arnorphile' myself it was only natural that the title of your thread caught my attention. At present I would even say that it is one of the best RP threads going on here in the Pony. This forum, at least in my humble opinion, has seemed to slip just a bit into degradation over the last couple of years but you fine folks here are single-handedly recalling it back to life quite well! My compliments to you :) I just wanted to tell you that. Do carry on!
Celebrimbor32
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Welcome and thank you for the high praise Celebrimbor32! I remember reading a tale you posted in the Scriptorium of Imladris called The Rise and Fall of Calimendil, Fifth King of Cardolan, & enjoying the read very much
(I see you posted Bloodline Prince over there! I'll have to give it a solid read, but from what I skimmed, it looks great!). I myself have a passion of the northern lands, which drew me to search out and read all that's been posted on them. It is how I found this tale, of which I became a late-coming writer only after much study of the back-story. Hunter and Raventinuviel are the real stars here.

Hunter, it looks like an excellent post! I gave it a read-over and it made sense to me. I'll have to give it a more detaled reading before I post so I can work some of the points into it. :)
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)