The Summer Celebration!! All are Welcome!!

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

The Summer Celebration!! All are Welcome!!

Postby rwhen » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:59 pm

The lake. Lake Evendim, which translates to "evening twilight", is nestle in the hills of Evendim, North of the Shire. It is the source of the Brandywine river. In the 15th year of the 4th age, the King and Queen came to dwell by the shores of Lake Evendim, for a time.

It is thirty-five years later. The men of Annuminas have created a place of joy, entertainment and relaxation at Lake Evendim. It is open for all inhabitants of Middle Earth and this summer represents a special celebration, it is fifty years into the fourth age and the reign of the King and the Queen.

The lake was once inhabited exclusively by the elves, Celeborn and Galadriel lived there for many, many years. The area has a magical quality about it, where all who come for fun, enjoyment or just relaxation leave their cares at the border and become almost childlike until they leave once again.

Activities are many: boating, rafting, swimming, hiking, camping, games, archery, sword skill contests, eating contests, writing contests; anything that one would want to do for recreation is available at Lake Evendim.

The notice went throughout all of Middle Earth for the Summer celebration. Come one, come all, and they came.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:05 pm

A relatively young and weary Took arrived at Lake Evendim. In her hand she clutched a flyer stating

The area has a magical quality about it, where all who come for fun, enjoyment or just relaxation leave their cares at the border and become almost childlike until they leave once again.
.......boating, rafting, swimming, hiking, camping, games, archery, sword skill contests, eating contests, writing contests

Relaxation was a goal, but the eating contests had drawn her interest as well. Just what sort of food would they eat? Hopefully not cram. :P
She adjusted her pack and headed to the lake. Perhaps she was early enough to reserve a nice cabin....

Remembering MoME.... Boromir the Great!!!!111

;)

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Aerin » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:53 pm

Aerin turned off the main road and onto a grassy track that wound through the trees. Her mare, Diadem, had traveled with the elf for many a year and knew to follow a good path, so Aerin was free to look around as she rode. The trees were old but fairly widely spaced, allowing for a good deal of sunshine to filter down, deep golden in the late afternoon. Scattered on either side of the track were bright clearings; in one she saw a huge bush of wild roses that was practically smothered under the fragrant pink blooms. Halting Diadem, she sprang down and strode over to the bush, leaving the horse to crop the grass as she reached up and plucked a blossom from the bush. She twirled it in her fingers, inhaling the scent with pleasure, before deftly stripping the short stem of its thorns and nestling it into her black hair. She took a few more minutes to stretch and to let the horse rest, before mounting up and continuing on the track again.

A mile or so later Aerin broke through the trees into the clearing by Lake Evendim. She stabled and cared for Diadem before shouldering her saddle bags and heading for a cabin near the far end of the lake. She spotted a familiar figure and waved.

"Hi, Took! Isn't this a beautiful place?"
Aerin
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:55 am

Having received the flyer to come to the summer celebration for the King and Queen, Rwhen finally arrives at Lake Evendim and see's two friends already chatting.

"Hey ladies," Rwhen nods and waves to Tooks and Aerin, "this ought to be way fun. Have you been to the Lake yet to see if the water is cool?"

Tooks shakes her head, "Nope, not yet. But let's go."

The trio walked down the smoothed path through the tree's to the lake's edge. When Tooks put her toes in to test the water, Rwhen pushed her in the Lake. Aerin thought that was so funny that she pushed Rwhen in the Lake next.

sputter....sputter..."AERIN..." laughed Rwhen, "now who will push YOU in?"

"No one, I will enter the Lake like a lady..." Aerin ran down the ramp and cannonballed into the water.

All three gathered around dog paddling and smiling.

"I hear there is going to be a watermelon eating contest a bit later, who's up for that?" quesitoned Rwhen.

"Me, me..." Tooks said with an impish grin.."I can eat more than YOU, that's for sure."

"We'll see," and Rwhen pushed Tooks under the water and quickly swam a few feet away.

:D:D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RavenTinuviel » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Raven wandered the hills north of Lake Evendim admiring the beauty of the plants and trees that was breathing with life again. The lands that so long been dormant since the time the Witch-king drove out the remnents of Arnor were again bright and cheerful. Raven sat on a hill and looked across the blue waters of the lake to where the city of Annuminas stood again in glory. It seems a celebration of the renewal of this place, and the years of King Elessar and Queen Lady Arwen's rule was taking place near the city, and Raven smiled. She would join them, but it would be some time to walk around the shore. She would challenge the lake and swim across.

Walking barefoot and wrapped in her black silk, she walked into the chill waters of Evendim until she pushed off into a swim. Gliding near the surface, breaking only long enough to take breaths, Raven shimmered through the sunlit waters until she approached where others were splashing about. Standing again on the lake bottom, Raven rose up to show her head and shoulders, stopping there as she realized her silk had become rather transparent and clingy. She threw her black hair back and called out to some swimmers nearby...

"Excuse me... but... does anybody have an extra towel?"
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:36 pm

Tooks heard someone call out and ask about a towel.

"Towels?" She looked about. "Sorry. None of us have any towels. We weren't exactly expecting to go swimming." She splashed rwhen to punctuate the statement.

"Go get some," rwhen said.

"I think Aerin should go," Tooks replied.

"Why me?"

"You were the last one in."

"Yea, but it was rwhen who start..."

"PLEASE! Ladies! (and I use that term loosely)" Raven answered. "We could all freeze to death in the meantime."

"Hmmm....." Tooks pondered. "Instead of drawing straws, let's have a breath holding contest. Whoever has to come up for air first...gets the towels! What say you?"

;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Aerin » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:06 pm

Aerin shook her head, her hair streaming over her back and shoulders.

"Not me, I was never skilled at holding my breath. I'll go get the towels, then..."

She swam for the pier and climbed out, then walked to the cabin in which they had deposited their bags. She ducked inside for a minute and reappeared, carrying towels and an ice-filled bucket.

The elf set her armful down on the sandy beach and slipped back into the water.

"I brought drinks, ladies!"
Aerin
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:52 am

When Rwhen came up from holding her breath, she noticed that Aerin had already brought the towels and ...........DRINKS!!!

"Hey Raven," Rwhen ran to her friend and got her wet in the hugging process, "haven't seen you around these parts for a bit. Hope you will be staying for fun OR rest." Rwhen smiled and took a wooden chilled cup of fermented fruit juice back to the swallow water and sat down.

Raven was toweling her hair and sat cross legged on the sandy shoreside.

Across from the lake gatherers were filling wooden outdoor tables with all sorts of food stuffs and one table was laden with whole huge watermelons, getting ready for two contests; watermelon eating and watermelon seed spitting.

"This swimming has made me hungry. I don't know about you lot, but I am up for the watermelon eating contest, I don't spit very well anyway."

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby celebalqua » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:55 am

Celebalqua reigned in his horse and smiled down on the scene in front of him: three women splashing about in the lake and a fourth towelling her dripping hair. Well this is a pretty opportunity for any young and handsome elf he mused pity I am neither young nor handsome.

“Good afternoon ladies, I see you have not wasted your time in cooling off, indeed it seems that removing ones clothes is not at all a requirement for swimming here”. Cel smiled broadly, swung his leg over and jumped from his stead.

“Where as you Cel, seem mightily over dressed” Tooks called from the lake.

“Indeed Tooks and greetings from ages past, it has been a while. As for my attire, I have just stepped out of mid-winter, but it is wonderful to be here in the warmth. I am starting to feel a little hot under the collar”. With this Cel started to unclip the silver swan broach that held his heavy cape.

“Well before we all become too familiar, perhaps you should introduce yourself” this was from the elf on the beach.

“I apologies for my tardiness” Cel began, “I am Celebalqua, shipwright and traveller.” Cel gave a long sweeping bow to all.
celebalqua
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:05 am

"Pleased to make your aquaintance, Celebalqua," Rwhen bobbed an approximation of a courtsy, still wet from the swimming. "Do you like watermelon by chance?"

The gentleman nodded an affirmation as he continued to take off his warmer clothing.

"There is a cabin that you could use to leave your winter clothing in and change if you like." Rwhen pointed to the cozy cabin that was located not too far from the lake shore.

"Come on ladies, my stomach in talking to me." Rwhen headed towards the banquet tables for some food.

"See you there," she called out to Celebalqua as he was retreating.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rwhen » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:36 am

All the food for the contests looked yummy, but the heat drove Rwhen to the watermelon. The contest was just about to start. There were about 20 people bending over their huge wedge of watermelon, hands clasped tightly behind their backs. At the shout from the moderator ;), all dove in face first. Eating the melon was the easy part, dealing with the seeds proved a bit of a challenge. Not stopping for anything but spitting out seeds, Rwhen noticed that most people were just eating the seeds. "Can't do that, Mum always said you would grow a watermelon patch in your tummy if you did that." She sped her pace and was down to the last row before rind when the winner was called. Raising her face, she looked down the row of contestants and realized that she had not won but a moderator was standing in front of her holding out a medalion."

Running to her friends wagging the medalion in front of her, watermelon stuck to the lower half of her face she cried out..
"I got second place, I got second place." Grinning largly, Tooks handed her a towel and suggested she go and wash up while she figured out what eating contest she would join.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:33 am

Tooks was waiting for the pie eating contest to begin. She hoped she got a blueberry pie. Or a cherry pie. Or an apple pie. Or... suddenly she heard the first call for the pie eating contest. She trotted to the tent and found a good seat. She eyed the pie in front of her. What was it?

Looking around, she realized she had a few minutes to wait. She leaned forward and sniffed....

;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby rwhen » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:57 am

"Looks like lingonberry to me, but hey what do I know," added Rwhen with a confused look on her face. "You are going to be eating it so fast you won't know till it's all over anyway, just dive in face first."

The advice from Rwhen caused Tooks to give her a withering look and "Thanks all the same, but I think I can eat a pie without your help and anyway......"

The call came from the moderator...."GO."

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:05 am

Iris topped a small rise and looked down into the valley at the lake and house and the crowd gathered below.

"Aw, darn. Looks like I'm too late for the pie eating contest!" she cried, breaking into a run. "well, at least I can see who the winners are!"

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:23 am

As Iris came up next to Rwhen, the later gave a squeee of delight and hugged her friend.

"Too bad you missed the start but look there, Tooks is on her third pie. Hope you will stay and have some fun. I think there is going to be a sausage eating contest and a pancake flipping contest after this one." Rwhen looked hopefully to Iris as Tooks moved to a fourth pie.

Both ladies started cheering on the berry soaked Tooks, but who would win?

"You go girl," shouted Rwhen.

"You can do it, faster faster," encouraged Iris.

Tooks just kept on eating as swiftly as she could without a glance upward.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:17 pm

"tooks! Tooks! Tooks!" Iris chanted, then caught her breath.

"Did you say pancake flipping? I dunno...I've a lot of sleeping to catch up on..."

Tooks moved onto her fifth pie, but then shouting from the opposite end of the table caught their attention. At the far end was gathered a crowd shouting "Six! Six! Six!"

"Rwhen! Look down there!" Iris whispered, poking her friend. "Who is that?"

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby celebalqua » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:45 am

Celebalqua looked up momentarily and gave Iris a wave.

"Imffwth Celebbaqwtha" but busily tucked back into his half eaten pie. Number six!

Cel had missed the watermelon stage purposefully to concentrate all his skills on the pies.
celebalqua
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:18 am

Tooks burped. Oy. It looked like this would be the last pie she could fit in her stomach. Maybe she didn't win, but she had a lot of free pie. :)

She swallowed her last bite and burped again.

"Do they have a napping contest this afternoon?" she asked. "And where's the milk?"

;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby rwhen » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:00 pm

Rwhen rushed to a pitcher and filled a glass with icy cold milk and carefully set it in front of Tooks. The moderators were filing down the line counting how many pies had been consumed. They then huddled together and announced that:

"Cel is the winner with six pies," the head moderator said with great satisfaction.

"Hey," called Rwhen, who hurried to the moderators side, "that can't be right, Tooks was on her sixth too."

The moderator looked at Tooks' pie plates and decided it was too close.

"We have TWO winners. Will Tooks and Cel please come forward and accept your medalions." The moderator held two golden discs up in the air, one in each hand.

Iris stood beside Cel as he accepted his award and Rwhen looked for Tooks. The empty glass that had held the milk was still there but there was no Tooks. Rwhen ran around to the back of the tables and there was Tooks, sound alseep along the length of the bench.

Rwhen accepted the medalion on her behalf and laid it where Tooks would see it when she woke up.

Time for some basket weaving. ;)

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Echo_Starlite » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:57 pm

Echo gave a small shudder but managed to laugh when the head moderator threw her a strange glance as she handed him the winners' medallions, which were rewarded thusly.

She wasn't supposed to have been judging these contests, but until her brother, Aquilo, got over his astounding hangover, a horrible reminder of the previous night's exploits, she was stuck standing under the relentless sun without any hope for hiding in the shady trees, her pale skin beginning to hurt already.

Maybe everyone would be so sick after all the pies, there wouldn't be anyone left for the other contests?

"I would give anything to be free for the day," she groaned, finally managing to sink into an empty seat near one of the keg taps, hoping someone would buy her a mug out of kindness. She didn't want to waste her money, but the heat was a powerful motivator against her mounting thirst.
Echo_Starlite
Ranger of the North

Postby celebalqua » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:11 am

"Echo! mate! long time!"

Cel made his way over to where Echo had settled

"You're looking a little pasty, I have to say I feel a bit average after all that pastry! I need an ale, I think you need one too"

Cel trundled off and in no time returned with two tankards brimming with cold crisp ale.

"Bottom's up"
celebalqua
Rider of the Mark

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:24 am

"Wow!" Iris said, "I didn't know anyone could actually eat six pies. My brother tried once...but he snuck most of the pies under the table for the dog. I think the hobbit record is four and a half."

She followed rwhen towards the basket weaving contest, letting poor Tooks sleep off her effort.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby RavenTinuviel » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:21 pm

Raven opted not to indulge in eating for she wanted to dance a summer festival dance for everyone. As the musicians set up, Raven went to watch the basket weaving contest with a cold flagon of ale in hand. She would cheer for her kindred soul rwhen to win....
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:05 pm

Tooks awoke with a start. Wow. How long had she napped? What was going on? And where was she?

Apparently she had crawled under a low growing tree and snuggled into a cool cotton blanket. She peered out through the leaves. Some folks were weaving baskets, and there were musicians setting up their instruments, and there was.... ale!!!!

Tooks shook the sleep from her head and crawled out from under the tree. She didn't notice the beady eyes watching her from a short distance...

;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:08 am

"Ouch." Iris muttered as the tried to weave reeds together in a passible basked. Another one poked her hand. "Ouch!"

"Oh, hush," rwhen whispered, nearly finished with a basket shaped like a rooster. "You're supposed to be having fun, remember?"

Iris glared down at her misshappen effort. It was supposed to be a basic round basket, but it looked more like the result of a wicker cart having been run over by an Oliphaunt. "I'd be doing much better if I didn't think I'd need stiches later!"

"Ten minutes everyone!" Someone yelled, "Finnish up and the judging will begin!"

"Oh, crud," Iris muttered, sucking on one particularly nasty cut. "Ok, basket making isn't my thing...what's next on the list?"

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:45 am

OOC - Ya'll are crackin' me up!!

BIC......

Rwhen deftly kept to her rooster shape as the time ran down. "Iris, hurry, we are almost out of time..." On those words, the moderator sounded a whistle and called a halt to the weaving.

Scanning the other contestants and the gathered crowd, Rwhen saw her great friend, Raven and ran to her for a hug. "I wondered where you had run off to," she finished with a huge smile.

"I was thinking of entering the dancing contests, would you join me?" Raven was as ever beautiful as she was gracious.

"I think I will watch this time, but I will be rooting for you. Look over there," pointed Rwhen to the covered stage area where musicians were setting up, "It's Tooks and she might be thinking of dancing too." She noticed that there was something close to the tree where Tooks had emerged from...Rwhen really couldn't tell what it was.

The moderators called for all weavers to come to the center of the ring. Rwhen hurried back to Iris and held her hand while they waited. All the shapes were presented for the judging and one of them was a huge peacock, full of plummage. well, thought Rwhen, that one HAS to win or there is no justice to these games...

"The winner is ........ THE PEACOCK!! Will the weaver please step forward and claim your prize." All looked about expectantly....when who should emerge shyly? "The winner is AERIN!!!"

;)

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby celebalqua » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:26 am

Cel came over to inspect his friends weaving attempts

"This really is wonderful Aerin, how did you get the peacock crown so fine, just fabulous" Cel grinned broadly at Aerin and then turned to Rwhen

"and I love your little rooster Rwhen, was there a bird theme?" Cel then turned to Iris' attempt...

"and this must be a.....a...." at a loss, Cel's voice faded.

"but never mind my dear Iris, let me sooth your delicate digits that seem to have suffered so with your attempt" and with the Cel bowed low to kiss her finger tips.

"Perhaps you would honor me by being my partner in the dancing competition"
celebalqua
Rider of the Mark

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:26 am

Iris heasitated for a moment. "Well...."

Well, he DID try to make the best of her...um...basket. And he WAS being gracious...

"Well, all right then!"

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:17 am

Rwhen replied to Cel as he was preparing to escort Iris to the dance contest. "I don't think it was planned as that, but maybe the nature lover in all of us just came out as expressions of birds. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it." Rwhen smiled largely at the retreating pair.

Looking around for Tooks and Raven, Rwhen headed off to the covered dance stand. The air was starting to chill as late afternoon approached.

This is going to be a good evening, thought Rwhen.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Aerin » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:50 pm

(OOC - Sorry, things've been hectic lately. I'm back now!)

Aerin gasped as her basket was declared the winner, then smiled shyly and stepped forward to claim her prize - a big bouquet of wildflowers that would look perfect in her peacock basket.

The elf laughed as she and her friends gathered in a group to admire each others' efforts.
Aerin
Mariner

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)