Beryl's Birthday Bash!

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Beryl's Birthday Bash!

Postby PatriotBlade » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:41 pm

The Splintered Chamber Pot

Heather pushed open the heavy plank door. The hinges squeeked and there was a flash of red from high in one corner. The healer peered through the cobwebs and the gathering dusk. "Agarak, is that you?"

A rude sounding twang of harp strings answered her.

"You old wyrm. You know me. I'll give you a drink of your choice when this place is cleaned up and ready for Beryl's birthday party."

The tone of the notes changed and the room errupted with light; oil lamps lit themselves all around the room and colored paper lanterns appeared, hanging from the ceiling. The music continued to play and soon other lights began to appear, slowly, one by one.

"Faywees!" cried a little voice just behind Heather.

The healer turned with a smile and scooped the little girl into her arms.
"Yes, Little One, Fairies. You should thank Agarak, while I sweep away the cobwebs." She set Beryl down and moved to the broom closet behind the bar.

The soon-to-be-three year old skipped over to gaze up at the golden dragon harp. She performed a wobbly curtsey.
"Fank you, Ag-ow-ak fow making my pawty pwitty."

The old dragon harp couldn't help it. The little girl was too sweet. He trilled again and the notes seemed to swirl in the air for a moment before settling to a suddenly clean table top. A pastel green and pink tablecloth unfurrled and settled neatly over it. A large, three tier, cream colored cake edged with pink icing flowers seemingly grew up out of it, along with a large bowl of pink punch. Green vines began to wind their way across the table, encircling the two large items that were on it, before trailing to the wall and up each and every corner to come together in mid air to form a sort of canopy, that once it stopped growing, burst out in pink and purple flowers.

"Oh, Agarak!" Heather gasped, turning around in shock because the dust she'd been sweeping disapeared. "Oh, you softy! It's lovely! Thank you! This might deserve two drinks of your choice."

The harp made a ripple that might have been a laugh as the three bar sprites appeared, ready to serve the guests that would soon be arriving.
Heather took Beryl into the next room to change into their party clothes; Beryl in a pink and purple pinnafore over a white shift, and Heather in her light-weight green gown. Before heading back to wait for the guests, the healer pulled a small, prettilly wrapped present from the bottom of her bag. When they got back into the main room of the Pot, she placed the present on the table that the bar sprites had thoughtfully moved by the door for just that purpous.

"Now, Beryl, we sit and wait for our friends."
Last edited by PatriotBlade on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:04 pm

Slowly the door opened and a road weary dwarf entered the Inn..." Aye it's been a long while since we've been here" he said to no one in particular..

At that moment no one was in the common room but he could hear the sound of laughter in the distance.. He'd know that laughter anywhere... it was his little sweetheart Beryl... noticing the decorations and the cake he knew he had made it just in time... giving the golden dragon harp a nod and getting a trill in return he soon found the bar sprites bustling around getting things ready. Asking for a room he was directed to the room that had been his the last ime he was here... he needed to get some of the dust cleaned off him so he headed upstairs before greeting the reason for this gathering...
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:38 pm

Heather returned to the tap room just in time to see the fairies stirring up the Ships and Ju-ju bees that live near the ceiling. The clouds above the ships grew dark and for a split second, she panniced, but the dragon harp had things well in hand. When the ominous clouds finally did burst, the raindrops turned into small flowers and pieces of candy before clearing the canopy.[i]

"Thank you, Agarak!" [i]she breathed.

The harp sang in responce.

The healer started to turn to go back into the side room when she noticed a well known dwarf coming down the stairs.
"Borin! Thank you for coming!" She hurried to embrace him before calling her daughter. "Beryl, someone's here to see you!"

"Bowin! The toddler squeeled when she saw her friend. She ran to give him the biggest hug that she could, nearly knocking him over in the prosess.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Sirion » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:34 pm

(Yes, so I haven’t been involved in much, and I’m not entirely certain what the relationships of the characters would be, other than Sirion having met Borin before...though he did look as an elf back then. Anyways, I thought I’d pitch in. ^_^.)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
Sirion
Shield Bearer

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)