Return of Thuringwethil (OOC) We got a full house peoples!!!

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:23 pm

Gosh, I never thought of that! :oops: Give me a couple of minutes and I'll write something. Should I post it here in the OOC or send it straight to you?
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby Andalion » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:26 pm

I lack the pm system (which would be incredibly helpful, but nonetheless) but if you want you could email it to me. I guess whatever's better for you. Unless you wanted it to be something more surprising...well, I'm really bad at decisions... :shock: Whatever works.
Andalion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:29 pm

Doesn't really matter to me, didin't think of any twist to put in there :P Another person who can't decide! I'm the queen of Can't-make-up-my-mind! :wink: I'll write it and post it in the OOC, then. Back shortly.
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:02 pm

Here's the letter. It isn't filled with a lot of detail, in case it should get into the wrong hands, but it should at least give your character and all the others a hint of what is coming. The message is written on a piece of parchment about the size of a hand, rolled into a tube and tied with a ribbon. The handwriting is fine and elegant, though it seems that it was written in some haste. It reads:

My lords,

I send Menelor to you with an urgent message. On my way back from delivering your letter to lord Círdan I stopped at the Lucky Fortune Inn. The place was under attack from half-breeds and evil men; the fiends were overpowered, though there was some considerable damage done the inn. We learned that the attackers were after some strange artifacts found not far away, of which one, an odd and malevolent sphere, seemed linked to the creature Thuringwethil. Not so long ago events took place that I cannot here discuss, but know that they are grave and of highly sinister nature. I have set out together with a small group to deal with this problem, and expect to reach Imladris within a matter of days, pray the stars. I know not what will happen when we reach you, nor what force works against us, but if we fail darkness will come again. We are in desperate need of your assistance and knowledge in this matter.

Look for our coming,

Arail.

Hope this helps!
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby SmogsFlame » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Looks good to me Arail.

I kinda played with the idea of Elendúath's post. Where her character could sense the emotions of the company. And I saw that Arail caught on as well lol :lol: Not messing up any of your plans are we Elen?

I'm gonna try to wait until Morwe posts something before I do. I want to give him a chance to respond, if he will.

Andalion: That sounds like a good way to get your character involved. :)

Oh. I changed to title of the OOC to show people that there's one good spot open da te da te da. You all have seen it. If Swordsman doesn't come back before Rivendel, we drop him off there and pick up a new person. Is everyone OK with this?

While I'm at it would the bad guys *Clears throat*, excuse me bad ladies :wink: like help? Or are you guys good? Cause we could open another spot for another bad guy if we need to.

Rowan: Are Jarni's friends going to join in as well, or is it just Jarni? Either's fine whichever you choose. It would add to the party number but you'd have to right three characters.

Well my friends, there is a piping hot bath that I have not yet taken awaiting me. And a nice soft bed that calls my name lol. :roll:
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Location: One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:47 am

I'm totally okay with what you've done, SF. I doubt Swordsman will return, so...

Aww, I'm a bad lady? Yey! *cackles geefully while all around her turns dark and menacing* :twisted: I'm fine with anyone jumping in and helping the bad action along, after all that's what I do. What about you, Eari? I don't think we need another bad guy in this,though, might be confusing if it were to come from two fronts at once. In a way we already have two baddies, what with Heryngur and Thuringwethil both being involved.
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby rowanberry » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:54 am

I've planned that Jarni's companions continue to the Lonely Mountain, according to their original plan, and only Jarni will join the quest. The other dwarves are there just because it would be more common to travel in a group.

And, I'm all for writing Siegwulf out if Swordsman doesn't show up.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Claymore » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:48 pm

Okay it's quite an as$ of a post, but I wanted to have some interaction with the wolves and also a chance to get more friendly with Ulugz.
UlugzI named your alpha Big-Grey since you didn't say what his name was. If it's not good I will change it to the right one.

By the way ladies I'm curious with what you will come up with.
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Postby earendil81 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:24 am

Smog, absolutely fine with your posts... I mean, considering the anger vs the orcs and the "excitement" of a just finished battle I did hope you guys would pick on what I wrote ;). And I also loved the fact that the elves knew it was coming from the Orb while Agoth has not (yet??) thought of it ;).

Now, I guess Arail and I will certainly exchange emails as to evil plans :twisted: :twisted: maybe not just now. At some point we may need some evil guys but probably not right now either ;).
I was just wondering how probably it would be that Ulugz - as an orc - be really friendly with elves... or an ally of the party. Might need some thoughts (what my head is exploding with evil plans of luring the little one to my side so what... could you expect any less from the big evil Bat :P :P?)

There is one thing I need to think about though, that I won't reveal now (not spoiling the fun right away) but that you'll know soon enough ;)
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Ulugz » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:40 pm

Well if Morwë helps the warg, Ûlugz will allow no harm to come to him. But elves being what they are friendship will be difficult, at best. As an orc Ûlugz is out for Ûlugz's best interests, but she really cares about those wargs.

Claymore, "Big Grey" is fine, as the Grey-one has never tolerated a "Name" other than Leader per-se. anything descriptive will do.
Ulugz
Rider of the Mark

Postby SmogsFlame » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:26 pm

That did kinda work out good didn't it? :lol: I'm gonna go post something. I don't think it'll be much but just enough to get us rolling again.
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby Andalion » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:34 pm

Sorry all, my computer's been having some technical issues. I have severely limited access to...well, anything, but I'll make sure I'm on enough to keep up.
Andalion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby earendil81 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:41 pm

Well it seems that the muse wanted this out tonight and who am I to deny the Dark ladies their time under the spotlight... or black light. Anyway...

Now that the deeds are done they are happy and will let me sleep ;).

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby SmogsFlame » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:18 pm

Hey guys. I'll try to post something tomorrow. My mom's going into the hospital for surgery. :( So I can't be sure of when I'll be on or not. It's a long recovery and my dad has to work so me and my siblings will have to run the house for a couple weeks. I'll post when I can. Try not to wait on me to much. :lol:
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:23 am

Sorry to hear about your mum being ill, SF. I hope she gets better. No need to worry, I think we'll manage even if you are gone for a while :wink:
Last edited by Arail Fordorthien on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby rowanberry » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:29 am

Sorry for your news, SF. :( Don't worry, we'll carry Agoth for you.

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

rowanberry

Postby earendil81 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:20 pm

family first smogs... I hope your mum gets better :hug:

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby SmogsFlame » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:45 am

She's doing good she'll be home in a little bit. I'll try and post tonight. Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts. :lol:
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:58 pm

Glad to hear that, SF. I've posted a little something as well...simply could not resist to throw in a little something about "the human scruffiness gene" *snicker* I just love that :twisted:
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby SmogsFlame » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:12 pm

lol Ah that's alright. I just knew that somebody, but especially you, would enjoy and get something out of that post :lol: .

Anybody have any input as to how much longer it should take us to get to Rivendell? I mean the next person that posts can skip ahead a few days if they want or can park at a certain day then skip. Or whatever lol. I guess the question would be is there anything somebody wants to post about or anything of that nature before we enter the valley?
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:18 pm

Ah, well, then I just have to thank you for giving me the opportunity :wink: I myself have nothing further to add until we reach the valley (and once we do we all know what will come...dam dam dam DAM :twisted: ), and I would say that if nothing else happens, the group should be there in...mm, let's see...a maximum of three days, or something like that. Four tops.
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby rowanberry » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:31 am

I also think that three to four days should get them there.

And then? A "Council of Elrond's Sons" where all those involved in the last attack are invited, except Siegwulf, who gets an urgent message and has to turn back at once, or something to that extent?

rowanberry

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:11 am

Sounds about right to me...oh, and we get to meet the Twins!! I always did have an incredibly soft spot for those handsome helions :roll: By the by, Andalion, if you're able I think it would be good if you could write up a post with the folk in Rivendell getting the letter from Arail, so that you all know what is to come. That is, if you're able to get your hands on a working computer?
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby earendil81 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:23 pm

Just in case... if you want to do something with the hook I left yours to choose. Or do you not want to find the black priestess =:) =:) =:) =:)

I actually just realised it could be an interesting one but I don't know how it would go then ;)

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:31 am

I actually thought about that as well, but couldn't quite figure out what to write...guess I'm not evil enough at the moment :evil:
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby Zyferian » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:12 pm

Well, I was reading through what you guys have written so far in your IC thread, and then reading through this thread here and I like what you're doing with your storyline. I have a feeling that it will even get better as you really start interacting with and discovering the evil power which is the Dark Lady.

That said, I haven't seen a thread on here before where someone actually spent all their energy playing the "bad guy" and that's a really neat twist. It makes it easier to have a real enemy if there's one/two people playing it almost entirely.

Anyway... I see you have a spot open as Swordsman has disappeared and that you're going to drop his character at Rivendell, which doesn't surprise me, as you guys aren't using him at all anyway.

My question is... do you have anyone in mind yet? Or are you still accepting new people? If you're accepting new people... might I put myself forward as someone who would be interested in joining your little group as they explore further along these dark times?

And if you are willing to let me come in, do you want a wizard to join you? Or someone else? I have ideas for bios of either, at this point, and I'm curious which you feel would be better in your story.

Either/or, I don't mind which... but that all depends on if you're willing to allow me entrance to your RP this late in the game. Please do let me know.
Zyferian
Citizen of Imladris

Postby rowanberry » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi Zyferian, and welcome to TORC! :hihi:

As far as I can tell, the good guy slot is still open. So, if you can think of a character that would fit in, and won't disappear just when things are picking up some speed, I'm sure that we can find a way to work you into the story in Swordsman's stead. :)
rowanberry

Postby Zyferian » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Fantastic... so wizard or something else? I have to admit that I'd be more comfortable with the something else, mainly because I don't have to worry about the something else being too... "twinky"... but I'm willing to play a wizard if y'all want one along to deal with the dark magic of the sorceress thing following...
Zyferian
Citizen of Imladris

Postby earendil81 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Zyferian wrote:Fantastic... so wizard or something else? I have to admit that I'd be more comfortable with the something else, mainly because I don't have to worry about the something else being too... "twinky"... but I'm willing to play a wizard if y'all want one along to deal with the dark magic of the sorceress thing following...

I would say that having a regular human as you offered would be great... Better than a wizard. Well obviously I would say that since I am the "bad guy" but more I think that where we stand now, the elves are leaving ME and although we know not what happened to both Ithryn Luin I would not go that way.

I'd say that an alliance of elves and men (and orcs???) would be best. That's the reason why I worked out my character that way, so that her being subdued by Melkor had diminished her powers rather than enhance them, so she is not a very powerful Maiar. ;)

But then again, I am not Mistress of the Thread so I guess you'll have to wait for Smogsflame, Arail and Claymore's answers ;)

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Zyferian » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:02 am

Okay... sounds good... I only await approval from the big-shots before posting a bio for someone to play with.
Zyferian
Citizen of Imladris

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)