The Lost Son of Ghân-buri-Ghân - OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby TibodomTook » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:38 pm

Okay, I am not so happy with the post as I read all the posts a while ago and then again only quickly tonight, so I am not sure about the details. But then, the hobbit is stupid, so if ever you can just blame it on him. I also did not get to talk to Kay, but really wanted to post.

I had planned to write all this much, much earlier.

And I'd like to write rather sooner than later again, the hobbit feels good.

Please, tell me everything that is wrong with that post, I know it must be quite a lot and I'll correct or delete.
TibodomTook
Shield Bearer

Postby Dindraug » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:00 am

Nin, that was lovely. As ever :)

I can't see any problems with it. If the fat man mentioned with Culanir was Pontious, he is actually down the sewer by now, but it occurs to me that the fat man could be a reference to one of the other Gondorian guards.

I do like Tibo, and I do like the style you use.

Umm, better get plotting my own posting now.
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaya » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:25 am

W00t finished my last exam of this semester today! :D

I'll be reading up soon, and see what the muse has to add to the events. :)

Oh, and I bluntly forgot to welcome Menon. :oops: So, welcome! :hihi:
Also writing Arunakhôr, Elenya Elemmirë, Bréhon, Berhelf, Heldred, Kos el-Qadah and Elengurth.

The Dúnedain of the North: The Drake Hunt

A Tale or Two

On a writing adventure with Jaeniver in Scriptorium: Crossroads

Proud member of the Class of '02

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby nienor-niniel » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:09 pm

:)

And :) to Menon and the writer behind (I'm terribly impolite)

and :) because being a hobbit is good.
nienor-niniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Jaeniver » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:06 am

I went looking for familiar faces and I should have known you'd all be here :)

Just poking my nose in to see what you're all up to. Hmm Having a few days of so I'll go find the RP thread and read along if no one minds.

good to see someone people are still rping :D
Jaeniver
Not all those who wander are lost

Postby Lithtaur16 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:33 pm

Hey y'all, is anyone still around? I just wanted to say hi and see how you're faring.
I've got some time for writing now and should be good to go for a while yet. Just not sure where I'll be in September but I'll let you know.

Have a good summer all!
Lithtaur16
Ranger of the North

Postby Dindraug » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:49 am

The old loft hatch squeaked as it opened sending a cloud of dust into the room below. It had been a while since this particular little hidey hole had seen the light of day.

Torch light slid accross the open beams, accross cardboard boxes and old bags of who knew what; old secrets and stories, full of players and played, all waiting for sombody to breath life into them once more.....

Hi all. I know it has been a few years since we all stood round that murky hole in the ground in a market place in Gondor's second city, but a few of us have missed it and have been discussing a rebirth :shock:

So, I won't say who is back until they post, and I will open the invite to people who want to write here but please read my first post in this thread on the rules.

So, looking forward to writing here again, and seeing where this stilghtly nutty story can go
:lol:

And as somebody once said "Well, I'm back".
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby Elenath » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:21 am

There was dust everywhere. Dust in her cloak, dust in her hair - it felt like there was even dust in her joints. Odd things creaked and groaned as she moved, as if she hadn't even stood up for years.

The dust got in her nose and made her sneeze.

A sneezing elf is a sadly ridiculous sight.

My goodness, it's been a long time since I was here. I will be, shall we say, watching developments and awaiting opportunities. :wink:
Elenath
Ranger of the North

Postby TibodomTook » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Do you know what happens to hobbits in holes?
What you don’t?
Haven’t you read THE hobbit?
Yes that one that everybody is talking about recently.
You have.
Well, you know then what happens to hobbits in holes.
Adventures.

Or in other words: I’d be delighted to have a chance to write the little woolhead again.

You know, I like him.
TibodomTook
Shield Bearer

Postby Leoba » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Well, that was rather like drawing teeth. I do hope it gets easier with practice!

I have another plot-moving post in mind for my convict/soldier (whom I really should name) but it will have to wait for another day and a time when I do not have a toddler trying to climb on my head/switch the laptop to watch Thomas the Tank Engine on You Tube.

Just for reference, the characters in Culanir's party are: Kaya, Tibodom, Pontious and the two guards: Malvoisin and Lorinon. I have tried to leave it open so that no-one need feel obliged to pick their character up unless they wish (I seem to be responsible for half the party anyway). There are five guards who have gone ahead: Sergeant Turaglar and four soldiers.
Leoba
Mariner

Location: Troubadour of Ithilien, dwelling within sight of Weathertop

Postby Novice » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Would your party be prepared to come across a matronly young woman with a large bump on her forehead and various abrasions, who has lost her memory and is feeling frightened and confused?
Novice
Ranger of the North

Postby Dindraug » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:31 pm

Novice, we need a young woman with a hole in her head like a hobbit needs a really good pint of ale afte a long day walking. :lol:

Of course you can come and play; afterall that stuck up Gondorian knight can never have enough people hanging round his shirt tails.
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby Novice » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:33 pm

In that case, I shall go forth and compose.
Novice
Ranger of the North

Postby Dindraug » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Ok, that was a tough one to write.

But useful, and another baddie in the mix to keep our intrepid rescuers on thier toes.

Zakri could be quite fun to play with, but will see how long he lasts. I just wanted to have somebody who was of the human dark side. His background is a crewman on a Mumakil howdah. He has facial and body scars, all well healed now, and a loincloth and a knife. That's about it so far ;)

The water seller, the old hooded crone and the uruks are there to be used and abused as you will.
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaya » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Woah, it's alive! :shock: Wonderful to see you guys writing here again! I'll certainly read along while you head for many adventure. :)

As for my character(s), I'll never say never (since all the buzz surrounding The Hobbit movie does revive a longing to return to Middle-earth), but I don't have the time for RPing at the moment, and I wouldn't know where to start searching for those muses either (it was utterly strange to reread that post I wrote in here, like it was someone else's).

Still, absolutely wonderful to see so much activity here. Wishing you all a whole lot of fun! :)
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby Leoba » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:53 am

It felt strange for me too and very clumpy. Not to worry. I've left it so that noone need feel obliged to continue. The beauty of this story is that you can dip in and out or even just dip in for a single post with a one-off character and it should still work!

I might squeeze in a bit of time next week if I'm lucky but no promises. Real life just got a bit end-of-summer crazy!
Leoba
Mariner

Location: Troubadour of Ithilien, dwelling within sight of Weathertop

Postby Kaya » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:13 am

Oh, I might be up for a short interaction at one point then, if it would suit the story. :D
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby earendil81 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:38 pm

just to say it is so cool you are all writing again :D :D :D

will be reading :)
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Menon » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:53 am

Ok, where did I leave that handsome horse-boy?

:D

Nice to see you all - let's have some fun, shall we?

~B
Menon
Shield Bearer

Postby Dindraug » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Good, about time. my battered little muse needs some tweaking young lady and your just the young lady horse boy (?) to do so.
:shock:

I do have another post building, but it is being a bit of a nasty little winkle to pry from its shell before delivering its juicy goodness to the masses. Needless to say, there mat be mayhem and crocodiles involved....

Umm, do horseboys need all their limbs to ride or better still can hoseboys swop horses for crocodiles....... :lol:
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby Tariel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:50 am

You, know, Newbie here and asking for help, protection, and an opportunity to play too? I'm sure someone is going to say something like no Newbs allowed in this story, and I get it, but I have this overwhelming urge to know; How do you write character interaction?

Me and my sister often co-right stories, but at all times it is clearly defined who has the right to agree as to whether new character fits into the story line, whether the scene fits into the plot, or you get a frustrated shout of, "I love this, but it didn't happen that way! He was poisoned from afar, not SHOT!"

(I had a moment of Super awesome joy when I managed to introduce an unplanned character into her story who was so cool and so unobtrusive that he was allowed to stay. <grins>)

Well... Just asking.
Tariel
Citizen of Imladris

Re: The Lost Son of Ghân-buri-Ghân - OOC

Postby Dindraug » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:36 am

The scribe raised his head, and looked around the devistation of the room. It has been a while.

But in the rusty, dusty and blustery hidden valleys of his mind, stories are actually willing to get out and get written. :shock:

So, sticking an electric probe into the dark resesses of this tale, and jumpstarting it's sorry ass (spoiler) and an attempt to get this moving again.

If any of the writers are still out there and interested in playing, it would be good to have you back. Sorry it's been very quiet, but it had been an intense and busy few years....

and Tariel, first let me apologise for not being here to answer your request but I have had simply not been around. If you are still around and interested, post a charicter synopses here so we know what we would be dealing with. Just read through the main thread, read the OCC to see about the 'rules' (no intelligent Oliphants or 2 foot tall glowing dragons, this is a low key fantasy :) )

Right, that off my chest, have to write a post now.....
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby Menon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:41 am

"Ah! Finally, I get out of this damn sewer!' Menon gasped with relief.
Menon
Shield Bearer

Postby Dindraug » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:55 am

But the sewer, like the road, goes ever on and on.........

....and one does not simply walk out of the sewer. I want action, adventure, dancing girls and a loud and imposing orchestral soundtrack.

Of course I expect lots of dirty befuddled charicters, stinking to high heaven and hopelessly lost in an aging but beautiful Numenorian sewer that has had four thousand years of use. What could possibly go wrong :twisted:
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby TibodomTook » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:29 pm

How many hobbits are written on that board?

I'll like that little woolheaded fellow forever.
TibodomTook
Shield Bearer

Postby Lithtaur16 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Haven't been in here for a while. :( Sorry y'all. Is Anre still welcome?
Lithtaur16
Ranger of the North

Postby siddharth » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:43 am

Hey everyone! I am new here and I do want to join this RP ... soon. Well, the plot seems really interesting. I have a major exam next month and would really love to join this RP after that.
So am I allowed to join? Well though this would be my first RP, I've written several stories with my brother ( they are short ones, really). As someone asked in this thread, I don't know how to work the plot out collaboratively with others, but I do learn fast!

So any space for a dwarf from The Glittering Caves ( Dwalin's grandson maybe :wink: ) who wields a short hammer and can throw knives with pin-point accuracy just by listening to the noise around him? ( If character si not suitable, I have others too in my mind!). I think I can join the RP by April.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Dindraug » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:30 am

Hi Lithtaur, of course you are still welcome.

And Hi Siddharth. I can't see any reason why you couldn't join. Read through the OCC and think about your charictor and how it would fit in. The best thing to do is post an expanded bio here, and we can look at it and see if it fits.

Hope your ok with that?

I will post soon to get the tale on track, but busy with Super Secret histories at the moment :roll:

/Zooooom (sorry, lightning post).
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)