Maedhros and Tygarya Saga - Finally an Engagement!!!

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby *=Blackenemy=* » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:27 pm

Alatar stood over Tyg's body. He had stopped the recent seizure and was drained from the great power it took. Morgoth was indeed a powerful enemy, and he doubted that they could bring her back to this world soon. Walking to the liquor cabinet he removed a large decanter and took a swig, at all times keeping his eyes on the body, lying motionless on the bed. At that moment, he could swear he heard an inhuman laugh which to him seemed to come from afar, like from across a great valley. He knew that Morgoth was feeling triumphant in his defeat of Tyg's mind. He stalked across the room, placed his hand on Tyg's cold, clamy forehead, and spoke "Nai Ungoliant meditha le, Bauglir. You shall not win, and as before we will banish your black soul to the nothingness." Suddenly he was thrown across the room and into the wall, like a ragdoll.

Standing up, somewhat gingerly, he walked back to the side of the bed to watch over Tyg's quiescent body. He was racking his memory for incantations that he felt might protect her, at least in a small way, from the power of the Enemy. Minutes passed, which turned into hours in which he had cast a few wards over her. Still no sign of another attack on her mind, nor from Baphomet and the brothers. "What is taking them so long?" he asked himself. At that moment, an orc walked through the door, though he did not state his business at once. "Speak! Or I shall throw you from the window!" bellowed Alatar. The orc jumped with fright and spoke "I am to inform you that the Masters Baphomet and Maedhros have gone to mistress' private library, though they did not specify for what purpose." "And what of Master Maglor?" queried the wizard. "He has remained in mistress' study with her journals. I might say this is a breach of her privacy." Alatar glowered at the creature, "And you might also suffer should you speak out of line, foul creature! Be gone from my sight, lest I cut out your tounge." The orc squealed, covering his mouth he ran from the room slamming the door behind him. Alatar then smiled and chuckled to himself, "Orcs are such fun."
*=Blackenemy=*
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tygarya » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:18 pm

They all had accumulated back in the dungeon, Maedhros was staring at the smooth black obsidian wall, with it’s Silmaril shining through it.
Baph and Maedhros had been in the libraries for an hour before they had finally sent word for the others to meet them here.
‘It seems that because Maedhros’s hand is still connected to the spirit world it should be able to pass through the rock and your finger tips should be able to touch the Sil’ Baph said as Alatar was shaking his head examining the wall.
‘Very clever’ Alatar muttered.
‘So, why can’t I just grab the stone and remove it from the wall?’ Maedhros asked intently staring at the Sil as it glowed.
Alatar answered still sounding a bit in awe ‘Because, she wasn’t stupid, she has put the stone out of your reach, your hand will go through only up to where it was severed. She has put the stone far enough into the rock so your finger tips can reach it only’ he looked back at Baph who nodded in agreement.
Maedhros muttered a few curses, but surprisingly Maglor laughed. Maedhros glared at him. ‘What’s so funny!’
‘Nothing,’ Maglor replied ‘It just seems she was just as suspicious of you taking off with the Sil, as you were of her….you know your well suited for each other’
‘What’s that suppose to mean?’ Maedhros asked annoyed.
Maglor smiled ‘I think you know exactly what it means, brother’
‘Okay’ Baphomet interrupted quickly, not likely the turn of conversation. ‘It seems that its all up to you Maedhros, you know the Sil and how it works, as soon as you touch the stone, you just do whatever you need to do to shut the portal’
Maedhros again stared at the wall for several minutes; everyone else fell silent waiting.

He then reached out his right hand - it was visibly shaking - and reached in to touch the Sil. Just like Baph said, his hand seemed to become ethereal and move through the wall, up to the wrist. He felt his fingers hit the Sil and it blazed into light. Everyone stepped back blinded by the intense white light.
Maedhros felt the Sil recognise him, and waited for the rebuke. It didn’t come; instead, he felt a warm tingling sensation, almost like the Sil was pleased to be able to be reunited with a Feanorian. Maedhros closed his eyes and could feel the temptation of what he could achieve with the Sil, but he put his feelings aside and concentrated on Tyg; he imagined her body, lying where it was in her rooms He thought through all that had happened, and what Morgoth was trying to do…he then asked the jewel to fix it.
The light started to pulsate and an intense heat flared up his arm; he tried to tolerate it as much, but that only lasted a minute, maybe two. They could all hear quite clearly the roaring sound of someone screaming in great wrath, it was coming from the other side of the wall. The Sil’s light flickered through different colours, almost like it was waging war with Morgoth on the other side. Suddenly Maedhros was thrown backwards, his fingers leaving the Sil. All went completely black, the torches guttering out, although no wind past. Baph and Alatar raced to relight the torches.
Maedhros shook his head, trying to clear it, as his brother Maglor ran to him and helped him to stand. He looked at his brother’s face, which was a picture of awe. ‘Look’, Maglor whispered as he pointed to the once smooth black wall.
Maedhros’s mouth opened in shock.
The wall was now a pure white marble, the Sil was still there, and still faintly glowed through it. Maedhros walked over and touched the wall amazed, Baph and Alatar were also doing the same.
Baph suddenly looked up. ‘Tyg!’ he said and sprinted for the door. Maedhros hot on his heels.

Back in Tyg’s room, she was still lying in her bed, looking wane and fragile, but her face seemed to now look at peace. Baphomet placed his fingers to her temples and closed his eyes a moment.
When he opened them, he had a smile on his face. He turned to Maedhros. ‘She has returned to us, it worked’
Maedhros came up beside the bed and grabbed a chair sitting beside the bed, he took one of Tyg’s hands in his. ‘Why is she not awake then?’
‘That will still take a while’ Alatar replied as he walked in the room with Maglor. ‘She was very weakened from lack of sleep’
‘How long’ Maedhros asked harshly, Maglor placed a hand on his brothers shoulder, whispering ‘Easy brother, she has been through a lot’
‘Yes’ Alatar said coming up, ‘She will need rest and healing. It may still be a couple of days before she is awake at the least’
Maedhros turned to his brother ‘Call for Arwen, we need as much healing help as we can get, and she is not that far away’
Maglor nodded, ‘At once brother’ Maglor went out to find Tyg’s writing desk and penned a note in the name of Maedhros, begging Rwhen to come to Tyg’s aid’ He gave it to a servant to send off at once.
All they could do now was wait.

EDIT: To change for Mith's imput
Last edited by Tygarya on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby *=Blackenemy=* » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:23 pm

Alatar opened the door and motioned to an orc passing by. "Will you fetch so lunch for me and my friends? Enough for four. You are to bring it to this room" The orc bowed slightly, and ran off in the direction of the kitchens. Closing the door, he strode over to Maedhros and sat next to him, speaking softly, "My lord, I've sent for food. You need rest also. Is there anything that you want me to do for you?" Maedhros shook his head, "I am not leaving her bedside until she wakes. It is my fault this happened. I shall feel guilt if I am not with her." Alatar smiled and glanced over at Baphomet, who winced at these words although Maglor was grinning. "Very well My lord. I shall bring a table to the room for us to set the food on." He left the room bowing to the three lords.

Entering the room adjacent to Tyg's quarters, he found a medium sized table. "This will suffice." Lifting the table was surprisingly easier than he thought. The table was made of drift wood from the ocean, but was covered in a substance that the wizard could not guess, that made it harder than stone. Taking the table into the room, he found Baphomet playing with a dagger that he had found on Tyg's writing desk, Maglor was reading a history book and Maedrhos had not moved from his spot. Baph noticing the wizard with the table, stood up to move some furniture to make room for the table, Maglor dragged some chairs to the side. Sitting down in the chair close to the window, Alatar spoke, "We are still in some danger. Although Tygarya has been freed from Morgoth, she is still weakened greatly, and I feel no doubt that Morgoth, when he found he was losing, had done something to her mind. As a last shot to us. I will have to keep an eye on her." All were silent for a while, interupted only by an orc bringing in some food.
*=Blackenemy=*
Citizen of Imladris

Postby rowanberry » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:08 am

Celegorm stormed into the room where Curufin and Caranthir were planning some new defences for the fortress. He was hardly able to hide his enthusiasm.

"Brothers, I will be gone for some time. I've got an invitation from King Aragorn, to join him and the Lady Rwhen on their visit to Minas Morgul, and accepted it. That will give me a good opportunity to see how Maedhros and Maglor are doing. I must pack and leave as soon as possible, to get there in time."

When he left the room, the others could hear him mutter: "I'm going to see her again..."

After he was sure that Celegorm was out of hearing distance, Curufin jumped up and paced nervously across the room for a couple of times. Then, he turned to his brother. "This gets me really worried."

"Why is that?" Caranthir asked, but he didn't look quite at ease either.

"First, I believe that, you remember how he behaved in Rivendell. That brings back to me the time when he was trying to court Lúthien of Doriath, and not in a good way. Of course, it was all according to a plan - a seemingly chance meeting, and so on - but, it was supposed to be totally political business, a marriage of convenience for the most. But, he ruined it all by falling head over heels for that Sindarin princess. All right, that I can understand, she was very beautiful, after all; but, our brother got all too possessive, and treated the girl totally in the wrong way. A married man myself, I tried to advise him, but do you think that he would listen? All that we got from that romance was that, I got beaten up by a mortal. Now, he has met a lady who looks very much like his old heart-throb, and got smitten, and I'm afraid that, he'll do something silly again. And second, Minas Morgul. I've said before that, I don't trust Queen Tygarya, whatever Maedhros and Maglor say. I bet that she herself is after the Silmarils - and, although she appears to have abandoned the Enemy, she is still the ruler of a dark realm in the East." He paced to the window and stood there, looking across the courtyard and over the sturdy wall, into the distance across the plains.

Caranthir looked alarmed. "Is there anything we can do to try and stop him? We cannot leave the fortress, and if we put the twins after him again, he'll guess that we're trying to interfere."

Curufin stared out of the window still for a while. Then, he turned, went to the drawing board, and grabbed a quill and a piece of parchment.

"All I can think of is to send an urgent message to Lady Rowanberry. She lives in Rivendell, so she is closer to Minas Morgul than we are, and she knows Elrond's daughter. She is also of our House, and knows Celegorm. I hope that she can find some way to keep our brother out of trouble."
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby IVIaedhros » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:29 pm

Maedhros did not touch any of the food. Maglor ate slowly, and saved some bread for his brother. He would try to talk him into eating it, later. He looked around at the wizard and the necromancer. They did not look as though they were going to leave any time soon. Drat. He really wanted to talk to his brother. There was no guarantee that even speaking mind-to-mind would not be overheard, considering the present company. But it was worth a shot.

*Maedhros*

*I haven't gone anywhere...* He sounded annoyed.

*What...what was it like? To touch a Silmaril?*

*Like...like Valinor...before the darkening of the Trees...before doom fell on our House...* The warmth with which he enfused those words spoke volumes. Suddenly, Maglor was glad they were not having this conversation out loud.

*Amazing. I am happy for you. It is good to know you will be at peace again.*

*Maybe* He frowned at Tygarya, so frail in her unconscious state.

*Do not lose hope now. We have fought the Shadow for so long....*

*I will not give up.*
IVIaedhros
Shield Bearer

Postby *=Blackenemy=* » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:57 pm

*And rightly so, Master Maedhros.* Maglor looked stunned, the sight of which made Alatar chuckle. "I am not as out of touch as you might think, friend. But Maedhros is right, we should not give up, any of us. For there is still hope. Hope that we can mend the hurts to her mind." Not taking his eyes from her, Maedhros spoke to the wizard. "I am afraid. Some things cannot be undone, this I know from the battles we faced against the Enemy." Alatar placed a hand on the elf's forearm, "Do not be afraid. If you need proof that all things can be undone, not matter the time it takes, just look at your hand. Be glad, for we will soon have help."

Baphomet stood up, "I will be in the library if I am needed." he said with a scornful look at Maedhros, who returned the look with equal loathing. Fading into mist he exited the room. "Show off." Maglor muttered.
*=Blackenemy=*
Citizen of Imladris

Postby rowanberry » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:36 am

Rowanberry rode southward from Rivendell, toward Hollin and the Gap of Rohan. She wasn't very enthusiastic.

Not that she would have had anything against a visit to Minas Morgul; she loved seeing new places. But, babysitting Celegorm wasn't her idea of a great job.

All she could do when she got the message from Curufin, had been to roll her eyes. "Keep him out of trouble"? When had the Fëanorians, especially Celegorm and Curufin, wanted to keep out of trouble? Well, maybe if the trouble wasn't caused by themselves...

But, she had set off at once. She knew that, Celegorm wasn't the brightest of the seven brothers, and without his more clever younger brother around, he really could try something stupid. Of that duo, Curufin had definitely been the brains.

And, the fact that, Celegorm was extremely good-looking, and could be very charming when he was in a good mood, wouldn't make her task any easier.

Why can't I just look at him like at the rest of his brothers, although he isn't in any way different from them? she thought.
Last edited by rowanberry on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
rowanberry

Postby IVIaedhros » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:28 pm

Time ticked by slowly. Tygarya shifted slightly in her 'sleep' a few times, but there was no real change. Baph had not yet returned from the library.

Maglor looked up from his book. "Brother, you should eat."

"I'm not hungry," Maedhros replied, not looking up.

"Wonders never cease. But nevertheless, you should eat," Maglor repeated. He was quite prepared to bully his brother into eating a few mouthfuls of bread, if needed.

Maedhros must have recognized his tone. "Fine, if it will please you."

He stood up and stretched, only to wince and grab his right shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Maglor asked, concerned.

"Nothing...it's just a bit stiff. That's all."

Alatar looked at him shrewdly. "That comes from hanging on the Mountain."

Maedhros looked at him in surprise. "But I recovered from that Ages ago!" he protested.

"Maybe so, but you returned to that time recently, did you not?"

Maedhros looked at his right hand, considering. "You're right," he said slowly. He shook his head. "This is all so strange. I am glad not to deal in necromancy more often!"

He took the bread Maglor handed him, and ate it, still watching the bed across the room.

"Staring at her will not solve anything," Maglor said quietly.

Maedhros' brows furrowed, but he did not respond. Maglor let it be. Truth be told, he was very worried about Tygarya himself. No Fëanorean trusted Morgoth. At all.
IVIaedhros
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:18 am

The next morning Rwhen stormed into the council room interrupting Aragorn as he was ordering the harvest of the upper gate. "I want two crews to bring in the wheat within two days, the weather will not always be our friend. I need the cattle moved........." That was as far as he got. He saw the look of need in Rwhen's usually serene face and dismissed the council immediately. When all had left the room, he turned his attention to his intended.

"Look, read this." Rwhen held out the missive from Maglor. "We need to leave as soon as possible. I should have known something would happen. Those two are totally unreliable." Rwhen paced up and down the newly layed carpet which depicted the crowning of the rightful King of Gondor.

"Stop, you will wear my new carpet down before it has had a chance to be admired." Aragorn was trying to lighten the mood, but found he was just as agitated as well. "Why would Maglor send for you? What is Maglor doing in Minas Morgul anyway? There are too many questions. You are correct, we need to leave within the hour. FARAMIR!!"

It seemed that his closest second in Gondor was hovering right outside the conference chambers as he burst into the room ever at the ready. "My Lord, you are needing to leave for Minas Morgul sooner than you anticipated?"

"Were you listening at the door, Faramir?" Aragorn said in a slow but deliberate voice.

"Of course not my lord. When an Eagle Express arrives from the Northeast for the lady Rwhen, could it naught be but a message from Minas Morgul?"

"Yes, yes. I am sorry, friend Faramir. I ill abuse your abilities to oft. Please forgive my brash question." Aragorn took the moment to embrace Faramir in a manly fashion. Both men cleared their throats with embarassed coughs.

"Men," Rwhen huffed as she left the room to prepare for the journey.

Aragorn smiled and continued, "yes, we are leaving directly. Please see to the transport. I want my Lady to have everything she will need for comfort on the road. I want two reliable porters who can also cook but heft a sword if the need arises. Continue to work on our projects and did you send..."

"My Lord, the ambassador was dispatched to the Shire yesterday and when I saw the Eagle Express I sent word to Celegorm to meet you enroute to Minas Morgul. Does this meet your expectations?"

"Faramir, you always surpass my expectations, thank you. I trust you as a br....yes as my brother I shall name you." Aragorn waited to see the effect but did not get the response he had thought to see.

"I am honored to be a brother to you, My Lord." Faramir dropped to one knee before his King.

"Rise and if we are to truly be brothers, you must called me Aragorn. No more of this 'my lord' stuff, okay?"

Faramir headed for the door with a twisted smile, "as you say, My Lord," and he left. Once again Rwhen opened the door in his draft.

Aragorn stared blankly at the woman. She was dressed in sturdy brown riding britches and boots that came to mid thigh. Her over tunic was the color of the fall trees with a thick green wool cape tied to her exquisite throat. "Ready!!" she announced. "Why are you standing there gaping?"

"Because my love, you never cease to amaze me." Aragorn grabbed her hand and strode from the room. Down at the bottom of the citidal their horses and traveling group were waiting for them. As the sky turned towards midday, they set their eyes and horses to the North and East at a full gallop.
Last edited by rwhen on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Baphomet » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:35 pm

The next day Baphomet arrived back at Tygarya's rooms to find Maedhros still in residence. Alatar and Maglor had both finally retired to their respective rooms for sleep late in the night. Baph scowled to find Maedhros asleep in the chair beside Tyg's bed, his head resting on his arm, on the bed. He stirred when Baph deliberately made a noise by clinking some of the plates together that were still sitting on the table from the night before.

How is she? Baphomet asked as he came round the opposite side of the grand bed to look at Tyg. She still looked withdrawn and fragile, a look Baph had never seen - or thought to see - on Tyg's face. It worried him immensely. Although he could no longer feel any presence within her mind, he also couldn't feel Tyg. She had obviously retreated so far within and slammed the door shut trying to escape the pain Morgoth must have visited upon her. He looked at Maedhros who had as yet not answered his question and was rubbing his eyes wearily, rubbing the sleep from them
Still no change I see Baphomet answered his own question while Maedhros just shook his head. Baph didn't like the way Maedhros stared at Tyg, he had seen that look before, every time he caught his reflection in a mirror while with Tygarya. It made him nervous.
Baph straightened and regarded Maedhros thoughtfully.

Tygarya had plans for you to help run her Kingdom here, did she not, my Lord? Baphomet asked cooly, causing Maedhros to finally look up at him with a sparse return to reality
Ah, yes Maedhros answered cautiously It was part of the agreement of her helping me regain the Sil....why?

Well it seems we have a developing problem my Lord Baphomet explained as he walked around the bed to the same side This Kingdom does not rule itself, quite the contrary, Queen Tygarya rules with an iron fist. It's the only way to keep this place and it's peoples in line. With her incapaciated like she is there is no one to control the place. The Generals are demanding news of what is wrong. I fear to tell them will result in a mutiny, they have not yet reasoned your command in their minds and I fear they will resist you if you do not show full leadership and take this Kingdom, starting with the Generals, under your control.

And how am I suppose to do that?

Baphomet smiled and leaned against the table of empty plates, folding his arms The same way Tygarya does it ...... with fear!
Baphomet
Shield Bearer

Postby Tygarya » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:00 pm

Tyg found herself in complete darkness, enveloped by intense pain that never seemed to end. No thoughts entered her head, there was only the pain. It seemed to go on for an eternity. The only sound was laughter. She knew that laugh, but through the pain couldn’t think to recognise it’s owner. She knew not if she was standing, lying down or hanging in a void, all she knew was pain.

Suddenly it ended, as sudden as if someone had flicked a switch. She found herself in a white room. She huddled there against a wall opposite to a small door. She rocked back and forth hugging her knees to her chest. The pain she had experienced still ebbed away, leaving her in a numb trance-like state. She didn’t know if she was alive or dead.
Someone tried to come through the door once, causing Tyg to ball up and cover her head with her hands in terror until they had gone.

Slowly, although she had no awareness of time, she started to unravel her thoughts. She realised she was locked away in her own mind, done so she guessed by herself. She was okay she realised. Morgoth had not been able to kill her, something had stopped him. The Sil had stopped him, Tyg realised, which meant Maedhros must have done it. It must have worked. She was glad. She rested for a while lying on the white floor, resting her head on her arms.

Once she got up and walked to the door. She tried to open it but found no handle. Confused she went back and sat down opposite again, resting up against the far wall. She reasoned her mind was in control of this situation and deemed she was not ready to return to reality, she will remain here till she was. She slept then.

When she awoke, she thought she heard voices from beyond the door. She cowered away. No she wasn’t ready.
When they receded she looked up and noticed that there was now a couch and a warm fire burning in a stone hearth. She got up and studied them both. Was her mind encouraging her to stay here?
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:20 am

Near the southern end of the Misty Mountains, Rowanberry stopped on top of a hill from where she could see all the way to the North-South Road in the distance. Now, if her calculations were correct, she would just have to wait.

A few hours later, she saw a lonely rider approaching along the road, followed by a big wolfhound. She grinned and snapped her fingers; only one person could have a dog like that… She mounted, and rode closer to the road.

Celegorm noticed that, the mountains on his left were coming to an end, and the road bent clearly eastward. So, apparently, he was approaching the Gap of Rohan. From there, it would only take a few days to Gondor and the woman of his fancy…

Suddenly, Huan, who had been jogging beside his horse, bayed enthusiastically, and rushed into the roadside bushes. It had caught a scent of something… He turned his horse after the dog, and readied his bow as soon as he had got through the worst thicket.

In an opening not far from the road he was greeted by a sight he could hardly have expected.

Huan was dancing happily around an elf lady dressed in travelling attire, waving his tail frantically, and jumping against her, trying to get to lick her face. The woman’s horse stood nearby, groping for grass on the ground.

“Down, Huan, down… no, boy, I don’t need a face wash! Now, that’s a good boy… Great to see you too, old pal… And you, Celegorm Fëanorion, stop pointing that stupid arrow at me. Last time I looked, I hadn’t turned into an orc”, the woman said.

Celegorm lowered his bow. “Lady Rowanberry? What are you doing here?”

“I could ask the same of you. You are quite far from Himring; didn’t your oldest brother tell the rest of you to keep the fortress? I suppose that, you haven’t come all this way just to hunt?”

“No. I’m on my way to Gondor. King Aragorn invited me to join him and the Lady Rwhen on their visit to Minas Morgul. This is of course a good opportunity to see how Maedhros and Maglor are doing, so I accepted the invitation.”

Sure, Rowanberry thought, it’s just your brothers that draw you there… But, she answered: “Minas Morgul? Then, we have the same journey. That is where I’m heading as well; I was sent to keep an eye on things there.” Of course, she didn’t reveal who had sent her; better that everybody believed that, she was on an assignment from Elrond. “Do you mind if I join you for the rest of the way? These lands are rather peaceful nowadays, but occasionally, there still are orcs or highwaymen around. It’s better to travel with company.”

“Well… no, I guess not.” Celegorm couldn’t gainsay such a matter-of-fact reasoning.

Rowanberry turned and went to her horse. “Well, let’s get going, then”, she said and mounted. They rode back toward the road. Huan left his visiting card on a couple of nearby rocks for the local wolves to wonder, and ran after the riders.
rowanberry

Postby rwhen » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:47 pm

As the first day of their travel turned towards evening, the foursome were heading in a generally northeasterly direction, up from Minas Tirith past Osgiliath. When Aragorn reckoned that the group was closely parallel to Minas Morgul, they crossed the river Anduin at the most shallow point and decided to make camp on the East side of the waterway.

"Did we really have to get soaked in the crossing? We could have crossed at Osgiliath, you know." Rwhen sputtered in mock anger.

"I can always take you back to Minas Tirith or over my knee if you complain one more time about my choice of route." Aragorn was setting large rocks in a circle for a fire pit. "Or maybe instead of sitting there wringing your hands you might want to find some kindling for our fire?"

"You wish. Isn't that why you brought those two with us," she indicated the porters who were in fact gathering all the wood they would need for the night. "No, I will content myself to complain, I adore it when you are waspish with me."

"Waspish? I'll show you waspish." Aragorn ran to the princess and threw her down on the soft green grass to steal a few kisses and tickle her into better humor.

The porters shuffled their feet uncomfortably watching their King and future Queen cavort about in this fashion but soon enough a merry fire was blazing in the pit and there were game hens roasting with carrots and onions over the fire.

"That smells fantastic. My stomach has been talking to me for the last two hours now," Rwhen licked her lips in anticipation. "I really do thank you for bring the men to help and they COOK. Life could not be much better."

"Anything for my lady," Aragorn sketched a jaunty bow and came to sit beside her.

"I wonder what could have made Maglor send for us early, my Love," Rwhen mused while picking some grass from her clothing. "They haven't been in Minas Morgul long enough to cause too much trouble."

"When it comes to speaking about Fëanoreans, could trouble be naught but far behind? Please don't worry, I am certain that it is nothing of much import, probably Maglor needs help restraining Maedhros from killing too many orc servants." Aragorn tried to sound calming, but Rwhen caught his tone.

"You are concerned as well, I can hear it. All questions will be answered on the morrow. Today let us eat well, drink to our fill and sleep ourselves out in the morning."

"Sounds like a plan to m..........What was that?"

"What was what?"

"That noise, it sounds like an animal with it's nose to the ground searching around this area."

"I don't hear anything and my keen elvish ears usually hear what you mortals do not."

"Hey, I am part elvish too and my rangering skills have not been lost in this last year." Aragorn put his head to the ground. "Yes, there is definately something out there" He peered into the brush surrounding their camping spot, pulling out his sword and nodding for the porters to do the same, for good measure.

"I am sure it is a rabbit or deer, my Love, nothing to be wary of. Besides who could find us here?"

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IVIaedhros » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:57 pm

Baphomet smiled and leaned against the table of empty plates, folding his arms. "The same way Tygarya does it ...... with fear!"

Maedhros' eyes snapped into focus. "Right," he muttered. "I can handle that." He looked back once more at the bed, and the seemingly frail body laying there.

"Baphomet," he asked formally, "Can you stay with her?"

"Yes," he said slowly, with a smile. "I think I can handle that." Maedhros didn't even rise to that. Baphomet blinked. Maedhros' petty possessiveness of Tygarya seemed forgotten. He merely nodded.

"Do not leave her alone, and send word to me immediately if there is any change."

The change when he fell into the role of leader of the fortress was...quite remarkable. He walked out of the room quickly.

"What have I done?" Baph wondered. "I just wanted to get him out from underfoot..."

Several moments later, Maedhros strode into the library, where he found Alatar busy at work. Trying to find ways to help Tyg or just snooping, he couldn't tell. "Alatar, I need you to find all the orcs who have been to Lady Tygarya's room since the ritual."

"You mean the ones that brought us lunch?"

Maedhros nodded. "And the ones who helped when we carried her up here after the ritual. When you've rounded them all up, bring them to my rooms. Can you do that?"

"Yes, I think so... I don't forget faces."

"Good man. I can barely tell the orcs apart, myself."

He turned on his heel, and left the library.

He entered the rooms he shared with Maglor as a whirlwind of energy. The door banged shut behind him. Maglor leaped up in alarm. "What's happened?"

"Nothing, I'm just taking over Minas Morgul in Tygarya's....absense."

"Oh."

"Precisely. What do I say to the generals, to prevent our immediate execution as traitors who have done something awful to their queen?"

"Tell them...tell them that she's fine...just...busy. She was busy before we went through with it too, and no one complained then."

"But her servants saw her; they knew she was alive and well. We have a problem on our hands, and I'm counting on you to come up with a damned good excuse for her continued absense."

Maglor thought for awhile. "Something innocent? That won't make anyone suspicious?" he mused.

Maedhros nodded. "But something everyone will know better than to question, because I don't want them asking questions I can't answer."

Maglor smiled slowly. "Well...."

"What?" Maedhros asked in alarm. He did not trust that look.

"You could claim that she is....indisposed," he said delicately.

"Well, that's the truth. How is that an excuse?"

"You have to say it in such a way that they think she is sleeping all day because she is spending her nights with you," Maglor said bluntly.

Maedhros stopped cold. "What?!"

"Just insinuate it. Don't actually say anything," Maglor explained hurriedly. "That way, you will be telling the truth, and no one will ask for details. Or if they do..." He smiled again.

"I'd kill them. In fact, Tygarya would kill them. When she wakes up, the first thing she will do is kill me - I can't say that!"

Maglor shrugged. "It's the easiest excuse. If you'd like, you could claim that she snuck out in her cat form and has gone hunting for a few days. But then, she's likely to have habits of letting guards know when she does that - they'll be suspicious that no one saw her leave. As we saw on our tour, it's not exactly easy to sneak in and out of Imlad Morgul undetected."

"True." Maedhros sighed. "You're right, that's the simplest solution. It involves the least deception. She really is in bed, and anyone can verify that. And I have no problem keeping vigil all night, to keep up the pretense."

"You will have to sleep at some point," Maglor pointed out quietly.

"Not for awhile yet," Maedhros contradicted him. His energy was high, now that he finally had something to do.

Shortly thereafter, he opened the door, and grabbed the first orc he found. "Take this message to Generals Kador and Barrock - we desire to meet with them as soon as possible." The orc squeaked out a reply and ran off as quickly as possible. He smiled, and turned back in.

"Brother, you are wearing that face again," Maglor informed him.

"Do you disapprove?" Maedhros asked, his smile feral.

"We're in a fortress full of orcs. Do you think it wise to scare them?"

"Yes, I do," Maedhros said softly. Then he and Maglor sat down and began the very serious business of planning to take over the realm... or at the very least, to save their own necks.

Eventually, they were interrupted by a knock at the door. It was Alatar. "Here are the orcs you requested. I think I found all of them..."

"Good, bring them in," Maedhros commanded. The orcs shuffled in, clearly nervous and not at all comfortable being in the elves' rooms. Maglor stood to the side, his arms crossed in front of him and a scowl on his face.

"Alatar, please close the door when you leave." When the wizard had complied, Maedhros took out his sword. "I am sure you have all been faithful servants to Queen Tygarya. For that, I thank you. But this is the end."

With that, he lopped off the head of the orc nearest him. The rest squealed and tried to run away, but he made short work of them in the confined space. When he was finished, he turned to Maglor. "They were orcs. Surely I've done worse?"

Maglor nodded. "We both have. But it still sits ill with me when they are, well...unarmed."

"I couldn't have them repeating what they'd seen, and now these rooms will reek of orc blood. The other servants won't dare cross us."

"What'll we do with the bodies?"

"Toss them off the balcony. The carrion fowl will get them soon enough, and we're high enough up that the stench shouldn't be a problem...."

"Some days, I don't know why I help you," Maglor said in resignation, as he hoisted the body of the orc nearest him, and drug it over towards the balcony.

They had finished disposing of the bodies, body parts, and most of the black blood by the time the messenger orc returned. He knocked on the door very nervously and squeaked out his message. "The Generals will see you now, sir!" He looked like he wanted to run away, but he resigned himself to leading the elves to the room where they had met the Generals just days before.

Kador gave them an appraising look when they walked in, and Barrock looked a bit put out. "Finally!" he said without preamble. "It's been difficult to get any information out of anyone. Where is the Queen?"

"She is in her chamber," Maedhros said succinctly, hating the role that Maglor had given him, but determined to play it to the hilt, if necessary. "She wished to discuss preparations for the state visitors with you, but is currently...indisposed."

"Indisposed?" Kador asked. "Is she ill?"

"No...just tired," Maedhros repeated, his tone saying 'pray don't interrupt again.' "She is expecting the Lady Arwen, soon to be Queen of Gondor, and therefore Minas Morgul must do its best to present a diplomatic face to the West."

"That elf is coming here?" Barrock exclaimed. "Why haven't I heard of that earlier!"

"The Queen was waiting to see if she would accept the invitation, perhaps...or if the King of Gondor would support such a visit. Apparently, he does."

"I've seen their King. He's an interesting man." Kador said slowly. "Not much to look at, at first, but his eyes don't miss much. A tall man," he appraised Maedhros again, "though, not as tall as you."

"Few Men are," Maglor smirked.

"I trust you can arrange for suitable guest rooms and state feasts and the like?" Maedhros asked, ignoring his brother.

Kador nodded, though he looked as if he wanted to say more.

"And you will know better than I what needs to be discretely kept out of sight while the Lady Arwen is here," Maedhros continued. "Please see that that is attended to."

"Certainly, though we will have to run all the final arrangements by Queen Tygarya, of course." Barrock was watching the elves closely for their response to that.

"That won't be necessary. Simply keep me informed, and I will relay any changes she requires to you."

"That's highly unusual," Kador pointed out, not quite willing to contradict Maedhros at this point.

"I know, but she did not wish to be disturbed. If you'd like to risk her wrath, by all means...."

"There is a reason we are still in the positions we are," Barrock answered him. "We know better than to cross the Queen. And if you know what's good for you..."

Maedhros smiled. "I know better than to cross her...outside her rooms," he answered. He hoped that statement was suggestive enough. He really didn't want to have to go into any details. The look on their faces made it clear they had taken it the way he intended it to be taken.

"She is going to kill me when she wakes up!" he thought. If she would just wake up, maybe he wouldn't mind so much.
IVIaedhros
Shield Bearer

Postby *=Blackenemy=* » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:07 pm

As Maedhros and Maglor exited the Generals' quarters, Alatar pounced on them as the door closed. "My Lords, I think you should know what I've heard floating among the orc servants."

Maglor looked worried, but Maedhros was unmoved, "Speak then." Looking down the hallway Alatar spoke quietly, "Not here. These walls hear more than is desired." Moving to a room some way down the hall, he walked into a large room decorated with elaborate wall hangings of the history of Middle-Earth. Shutting the door Alatar began, "I've heard the orc servants talking about murder of their own in this castle. I suspect that one saw you dumping the bodies from your window." "And how do you know of this?!" Maedhros spat. Smiling Alatar replied, "There is nought that goes on without my hearing. No need for anger, I have always meant well." Speaking before his brother had the chance, "Do forgive my brother. He is quick to anger, but he is a fast friend." At this point, Maglor stuck a sharp elbow in his brothers side. Somewhat embaressed, Maedhros bowed slightly, "I am sorry for being hasty, but this is something I had not intended and is something of an irritation to our plans."

Sitting in a low chair, near a large open window Alatar looked troubled. "I know this seems a little, strange, to ask at this time. But why is it that you always sit near a window? I've noticed it from our first meeting." Closing his eyes and moving his head slightly as if he were listening for a far off sound. "It is so I can hear the forests speak to me. For I am a Maiar of Orome and love all that moves under the trees and live in them, save those of the enemy. Always I listen for the Valaroma, calling me to come home, but have yet to hear. I will say no more of this, for we have more pressing matters to attend to."

Looking at Maedhros, "What do you intend to do about this? You cannot kill all the orcs in the castle. Undoubtably you could, but I'm not too sure the Tygarya will be too happy to have to train more of those mindless beasts to do such a simple task as making a coffee!" They heard the wizard mutter under his breath, "And even now they do a right lousy job of it. Weakest, vile, nasty..." Maglor coughed to get his attention. Starting slightly, he glanced at Maglor repentantly then to Maedhros who was pondering the situation. "I am not sure, I've always settled things of this nature by slaughtering. For now I think we will have to move the bodies so as to reduce the risk of them being found. We will take them to the graveyard I saw when we came here. None will think to look there. Then we will have to put to rest these 'rumours' of murder with the servants. Can I trust you to make short work of the corpses, my friend?" he asked the wizard. "I will be all to happy to help. I shall weave spells around the bodies when I bury them, so as to stop people stumbling upon them should they happen to wander around." Bowing, Alatar continued, "I will leave you to sort out the orcs that still live."

Maedhros inclined his head in acknowledgement. As they made to leave, Alatar grabbed Maglor by the arm, "I hope you will keep him on a short leash. You of all should know what is likely to happen." Maglor nodded, "Do not worry, I will not let him kill any more of the orcs." "However much I detest their presence." Alatar added, joking. Maglor grinned, and patted him on the back. "Always a cheer from you, old man." Maglor winked at him and followed his brother out to the hallway and the long walk back to his room.
*=Blackenemy=*
Citizen of Imladris

Postby IVIaedhros » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:07 am

Maedhros closed the door to their rooms, and smiled.

"Quit gloating," Maglor reprimanded him. "Something is bound to go wrong eventually."

"But we're off to a wonderful start, you have to admit that. And it only needs to hold for a few days, until Tygarya awakes...." The smile disappeared.

"True. But..."

"I know, I know, you can't deceive wizards for long. Nor necromancers. Nor...."

"Precisely. What do you think of Alatar?"

"He's...interesting. Never what I expect. But then, I imagine wizards would be like that - hard to predict. He's the first one I've met, though, who wasn't just an Easterling, so I'm not sure what to compare him to."

"I certainly understood missing the sound of wind in the trees inside this stone fortress," Maglor said wistfully.

Maedhros nodded, but said nothing more about the wizard. "Am I reading the generals wrong? Are they going to sabotage us?"

"I don't think so," Maglor reassured him. "They are suspicious, certainly, but they are willing to let you impale yourself on your own recklessness at this point."

"Ah...so they are going to leave it to the Queen to take me down a few pegs..."

Maglor nodded. "For now. But if it ever becomes an issue of you vs. them...they will not let you take over this realm. We'd have to flee."

Maedhros shook his head. "You'd have to flee. I'd stay with the Silmaril."

Maglor looked alarmed. "Brother, I have no intention of abandoning you...."

"Don't worry...you won't have to. Tygarya will awake soon, and she'll take all these decisions out of your hands. Probably throw us both out. Or kill us. Or...."

"Or castrate you," Maglor smirked.

"Don't you dare give her any ideas!" Maedhros threatened.

"I won't!" Maglor threw up his hands.

"Don't forget whose idea it was...." Maedhros warned.

Maglor quickly changed the subject. He looked around their sitting room ruefully. "It's a shame - this place was actually rather pleasant, before we drenched it in orc blood. We'll never get the smell out."

Maedhros noted his generous use of 'we' and was grateful for it. "The orcs will fear us, I think. No doubt a rumor like that can't be quashed so easily, and their companions will be missed. But we will have to be careful in case they decide that they have to rebel. I don't actually want to kill all the orcs in the fortress, if we can avoid it. Way too messy. So, how will we know if they are plotting anything?"

"You can always tell with orcs. They can't keep secrets. When they start looking at you with hatred instead of servile fear, you'll know something is up."

Maedhros nodded. "Good enough. Hopefully that will be enough warning. Very convenient that they've been taught to respect those who kill them as their masters..."

"Careful," Maglor warned. "You are trying to hold down the fort, not become the next Dark Lord. Don't let this go to your head."

Maedhros frowned. "I do not think I would. Do not be afraid for me." But his words were not as confident as usual, and Maglor was glad to see he took some heed to the warning.

Maedhros looked around the room a bit, and his eyes fell on Maglor's harp. "Maglor...would you mind doing something for me?"

His brother looked at him as if to say, What now?!, but said nothing.

"Sing for Tygarya, please. It worries me that she does not know what is happening, and I am afraid that Baph and Alatar aren't really any wiser than we are in figuring out how to bring her back."

Maglor nodded. "I would be happy to," he said. "Will you join me?"

"Later. I think I am going to get a couple of hours of sleep, then go up."

Maglor was not happy about leaving his brother alone, but decided not to make an issue of it. Surely he won't do anything ridiculously rash while I am gone... He picked up the harp, and after admonishing Maedhros to lock the doors and keep his sword by his side, went upstairs to the Queen's rooms.
IVIaedhros
Shield Bearer

Postby rowanberry » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:12 am

”Are you sure that this is the right way?” Celegorm asked.

Rowanberry looked at him sternly. “I know that this is the right way. I’ve been in Gondor before. We just crossed the river Anduin at the ruined city of Osgiliath; thank goodness they have already built a temporary bridge, the old stone bridge was destroyed in the last war. This road leads us to a crossing where the road to Minas Morgul starts. I suppose we shall meet the king and his fiancée somewhere close to the crossroads.”

On their journey from the Gap of Rohan to Ithilien, the two elves hadn’t encountered any problems; orcs had probably retreated into their caves in the Misty Mountains, and if there had been any bands of outlaws planning to ambush the travellers, they had very quickly got second thoughts when they had noticed that the elves were well armed, and had a huge and watchful dog in their company. They had followed the road for the most part of the journey, but had headed directly across the lands toward Osgiliath from where the road turned south at the end of the White Mountains.

They rode on for a while. Then, Rowanberry turned to her companion. “The crossroads is right ahead, but there’s no sign of the king’s company. Is this where you were supposed to meet them?”

“On the east side of the Anduin. And that is where we are, right?”

Rowanberry sighed. “Really accurate. They can have camped anywhere between the river and the road, if they crossed at some other place than Osgiliath. Well, we simply have to find them, or wait here for them.”

“Woof”, said Huan, and ran a couple of circles around Celegorm and Rowanberry.

“Maybe Huan could try and find them?” Celegorm asked.

“Maybe he could. I just wonder what we could use to give him a scent. I didn’t bring anything with me that belongs to the Lady Rwhen, because I sure didn’t expect to even meet her, not to mention to search for her with the help of a dog, and there wouldn’t even have been anything that belonged to King Aragorn… But maybe there’s something in the scent of Rivendell in general that could lead Huan on the track?”

Rowanberry dug out of her saddlebag a beautifully embroidered shawl. “I haven’t worn this for ages so, perhaps my scent doesn’t cover everything. Here, boy, sniff at this, and lead us where you can smell anything like this!”

The dog sniffed the shawl long and dedicated. Then, he smelled the air, let out a small bark, and ran into the bushes.

Celegorm nodded. “After him.”

The elves dismounted and led their horses into the forest. Huan was somewhat ahead, but stopped every now and then to wait for his master and his companion.

"I am sure it is a rabbit or deer, my Love, nothing to be wary of. Besides who could find us here?" Aragorn said.

He and the two servants stood facing the bushes where the sniffing came from, alert and with their weapons drawn. And soon, from the bushes emerged… a dog. And a huge one for that. It let out a bellowing bark that could be heard miles away.

“What…?”

Rwhen laughed. “That’s Huan, Celegorm’s hunting dog. He was in Rivendell with his master during the Fëanorians’ stay there.”

A moment later, a tall elf lord, leading a horse, stepped into the opening. And after him came, to their amazement, an elf lady that both the king and his fiancée recognised.

Rowanberry bowed curtly. “My lord… my lady.”

Rwhen stepped forward. “You can put your weapons away. Darling, meet Celegorm son of Fëanor. Lord Celegorm, this is Aragorn Elessar, king of Gondor, to whom I am betrothed.”

The two men looked at each other, both estimating the other one. Aragorn was almost as tall as Celegorm so, they could see literally face to face.

So, this is the king, Celegorm thought. He doesn’t look much else but a scruffy Ranger to me. I wonder what Rwhen sees in him… I’m sure that I could turn her head, if only I could manage to get alone with her for some time…

“Please, join us for a meal”, Aragorn said.
rowanberry

Postby Baphomet » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:14 pm

Once informed about the potential problem regarding the servants, Baph decided to continue taking over some of the mundane tasks of running the fortress, like he had when Tyg had gone to Rivendell to judge the Male of Middle Earth Competition.
He was now sitting in the kitchens listening to the chef as he went through his inventory for the coming banquet for the arrival of King Aragon and Princess Arwen. He picked at a loaf of bread in front of him, bored.
The chef continued his extravagant list while Baph suddenly noticed that there was a knot of servants milling around the larder door, whispering and glancing at him.
He waved the chef to one side to get a better view of the group.

'What is it?' he asked, interrupting the chef's list.
The chef looked over and seeing the group of servants scowled at them to get back to work. Baph stood up and placed a hand on the chef's arm, causing him to flinch.

'Wait, if they feel they need to talk to me about something, let them come forward'
Hesitantly one of them crept forward, being the nominated speaker.
'Please Lord Baphomet, we need to know......' the orc looked around nervously. 'Are we under revolt?'
'What!' Baphomet yelled 'Who told you such rubbish!?'
The orc cringed away slightly. 'It is being said through out the fortress, my Lord.'
What is being said? Baphomet demanded and be very specific.
Well it is being said that Tyg has been over thrown by the elves, and that she is being kept prisoner in her rooms. That Gondor marches this way to reinforce the elf brothers in their revolt and to put one of them on the throne.
Without even a second thought Baph grabbed the orc by the throat, using his power. The orc started to scream as his face started to blister, then it started to spread across his body. As Baph let go of him, he fell to the floor in convulsions as death took over his body, he continued to thrash about for several minutes as everyone of the group watched in terror. Finally the body went still.
Baph glared at the remaining servants

Now listen up! Queen Tygarya is fine, I know because I have seen her. Now i know several orcs were put to death by the hand of Maedhros, but believe me when I tell you, that was for insolence...of which Tyg would have condoned his actions. Now go and tell the gossipers that if any one....ANY ONE! is caught spreading such vile lies they will be dragged out into the yards and nailed to the ground for the crows to eat! Now GO!
The servants fled in terror. The chef stood to one side scared to move, Baph looked at him
We will have to delay this for now, Chef, I need to go tell Tygarya and Maedhros about this incident
Baph turned and left in search of Maedhros, as the Chef breathed out relieved
Baphomet
Shield Bearer

Postby Tygarya » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:31 pm

Tyg was curled up asleep on the small soft couch. She was awaken by a noise...a lovely noise. She sat up and look around but found nothing but the white room, the fire still blazing. She glanced at the door to find there was still no handle to get out. Then she heard the noise again.

Singing... the most beautiful singing she had ever heard. Maglor it had to be, she had heard him singing before. She jumped up from the couch and ran to the door, banging on it.
'I can hear you!' she yelled out.

It conveyed only as a brief and nearly intectable moving of her head on the pillow and a soft moan. Maglor heard and saw it though, so continued to sing as he held on to her hand.
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby MorgulCouncil » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:59 pm

The Generals were in a bind, what were they to do? On one hand they had been told by Tygarya when she left on her journey to Rivendell, to search for Maedhros, that upon their return he (Maedhros) was to be obeyed with authority only less than Tygarya herself. On the other hand, what had become of the Queen. None of the Generals, or anyone for that matter, had seen her for days now. It was most unlike her. Being such a formidable warrior herself she often trained with the Generals in the exercise yards, or involved herself with over seeing the soldier training, especially the training of her special forces – her Personal Guard of which General Kador was in charge. The Generals did not want to go against Tygarya’s instructions concerning Maedhros, but they couldn’t ignore the fact that there was a party from Gondor coming this way, and the Noldor seemed to be in charge at present.
Kador scoffed midway through their discussions. ‘If he thinks he can blind side us with some sort of delicate insinuation that he is sleeping with the Queen, he’s wrong’

‘Well he may well be’ Barrock said off handedly ‘We all know what the Queen is like, however, to insinuate that she is ‘exhausted’…..don’t make me laugh. Her Majesty is one of the most, and I mean this with the utmost respect, virile people I have ever met’

‘Quite’ Kador replied, taking up a cup of ale and downing it quickly. ‘So, it doesn’t answer the question ‘What are we going to do?’’

Barrock studied his cups a moment, then looked up. ‘We need to call some of the troops home from the East, pull back our campaign there for now until we sort out what is happening here.’

‘Excellent suggestion, exactly what I was thinking myself, reinforce the Realm, subtle like’ Kador replied happily refilling his cup from the large decanter on the table.
Just then a soldier knocked and entered the Generals’ Mess Hall. Saluting he held a scroll out to the Generals. Kador took it and unrolled it, reading it as he went. Once he had read it, and Barrock had waved the soldier away, he handed the scroll over to Barrock to read.

‘Well, it seems there is no intentions of war from Gondor’ Kador said relieved. ‘If the King and his elvin Princess travel only with two ther men, what harm can they do, that’s one thing at least’

‘Yes, good news, finally’ Barrock replied putting down the scroll. ‘So, should we send some Captain out to escort the company into the Realm?’

Kador looked up, his eyes shining ‘Nah, lets go and give the King of the West our own personal envoy, shall we?’

‘Your suggesting we go ourselves?’ Barrock replied thoughtfully

‘Oh yes, with a small retinue of soldiers, formal like’

Barrock smiled devilishly. ‘Oh, I get it. Full formal uniform and some of Queen Tygarya’s personal guard. Excellent idea, so when should we leave?’

‘How about on the morn, we could catch them coming up the main road’
‘Excellent, lets get some sleep then, and get Captain Eroc to organise the men’

‘Done’ Kador said, as they both drained their cups and banging them on the table left the Mess Hall to retire for the night.
Last edited by MorgulCouncil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MorgulCouncil
Petitioner to the Council

Postby IVIaedhros » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:10 pm

Maedhros woke suddenly. He got up and went out into the common room, to see if some noise had awakened him. But everything was still. He scratched his head and looked out the window. It looked as though he'd only been asleep for a few hours...the sun was just painting the western sky red.

He strapped on his sword, on his right hip out of habit, and then considered. Was he still a left-handed swordsman? Better not chance changing anything, til he had a chance to practice with his newly reattached hand. He pulled his hair back from his face in a loose braid, and then went up to the Queen's rooms.

He heard Maglor's voice, singing low but strong, and hoped that he would see some change when he entered the room. But no...Tygarya still lay on the pillows, looking weak and defeated. "Has there been...any change?" he asked his brother. Maglor shook his head sadly, and continued singing. When the song ended, the room fell into silence. "Hey...where is Baphomet?" Maedhros asked.

"He decided to take a break when I arrived," Maglor explained. "I think he headed down to the kitchens."

"Good. Letting the orcs deliver food here was careless."

"None of us were thinking, at the time."

"We'll have to get our story straight, so there are no more mistakes."

A grey smoke drifted into the room. "Finally, some wisdom."

Maedhros turned to the Necromancer, but kept his scowl internalized. "What do you mean?" he asked, politely enough.

"The latest rumor amongst the orcs is that the two of you have confined the Queen to her rooms against her will, and are now waiting for reinforcements from Gondor to complete your conquest."

Maglor smiled darkly. "Hey, that's not a bad idea...where's the orc who thought that one up?"

"The one who dared repeat it to me is dead," Baph said shortly, not smiling.

"If Tygarya's orders continue to come from me, I will just fuel that rumor," Maedhros said, frowning. "We can't just convince them she's still in charge; we have to convince them I'm not calling the shots."

"There is a simple solution to that dilemma," Baphomet said, smiling so his teeth were showing.

Maedhros saw what he was driving at. "Fine. You'll give the orders. From the Queen. But really from me. Deal?"

Baphomet raised an eyebrow at Maedhros. "Are you suggesting you know more about running this fortress than I do?"

"No. I am suggesting that we have to keep talking, to keep the story straight. That way, when Tygarya awakes, we'll both be equally to blame. I wouldn't want you to become her scapegoat." Now Maedhros' teeth were visible.

Baphomet nodded. "Deal."

Maedhros took a deep breath. "So, here's the story. She reattached my hand. I'm not about to hide the outcome of that, and it has not gone unnoticed, even if the generals were polite enough not to remark on it. Afterwards, she was overcome by simple exhaustion and was carried up here."

"Close enough to the truth," Baph said in approval.

"We have to stick to it that far, because I'm sure someone who yet lives observed that much. We didn't exactly try to hide it," Maedhros continued. "Now comes the fabrication. The excuse for why she is staying in her rooms cannot reflect on any weakness on her part. She is not ill. She is merely...tired."

"What's the difference?" Baphomet queried. "Tired out from necromancy and ill are hardly distinctions you can expect an orc to make."

Maedhros grimaced. "Exactly. So we picked something more...innocuous. Apparently, I'm keeping her up all night."

Baphomet laughed. "Is the idea really *that* distasteful to you?"

"Shut up! I just don't think it's fair to her, and she's going to kill us when she does come back. That's all." His ears were red.

Baphomet's eyes sparkled with delight. He was certainly going to use this against the red-haired usurper.

"Blame Maglor. It was all his idea," Maedhros muttered.
IVIaedhros
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:30 pm

As they finished eating the gormet meal, the stewards had already cleared the plates and had refilled the cups with the finest burgandy wine of the foursome who sat comfortably around the fire. Aragorn could not help notice that Celegorm appeared a bit too familiar with his Lady. He would nip that in the bud first thing.

"Celegorm my man, how are you at arm wrestling? It is a way to pass the time and release some pent up energy. What say you?"

"Fine by me," a smile split the face of the Fëanorean "I have been known to wrestle a bit, after a fashion."

The steward set a large tree trunk between the two men and, as was custom, tied their free arms down to their sides, leaving only the hand that was used for wrestling free. Each tried to stare down the other before locking fists.

The two women looking on surpressed yawns. "Really, Rowan, do men ever grow out of this foolish display of strength? Honestly you would think they were boys." Rwhen shook her head.

"I don't know, there is something to be said for the art of winning a woman's heart through proof of prowess and power," Rowan was watching the men posture. "Then again, your heart is already won, is that not right Lady Arwen?" Rowen ducked her eyelids at the question, not wanting to betray her thoughts.

"As you well know friend, it is my destiny to marry my Lord Aragorn. Could it be that the heart of Rowan is at stake?" Rwhen candidly looked her friend in the eyes.

Rowan blushed slightly but handled the exchange with the dignity she always bore, "I think it too soon to speak of, but isn't a womans heart ever open?" This time she squared her vision to match Rwhen's.

"Too true." Rwhen filed away this bit of knowledge and decided not to push to matter further. The men were set to do a battle of strength and she should pay attention.

The steward attending the pair brought the open hands to a position center on the makeshift table and counted down. "Five, four, three, two and one." He saw them safely clasped and jumped back to observe. The men each held a solid position in the contest. Neither one willing to give ground by even the slightest centimeter.

Rwhen realized she had been holding her breath and took in a large draft of fresh air. "This could take some time. Tell me Rowan? What news from Minas Morgul?" The question was innocent enough.

"My Lady, you probably know more than I. Queen Tygarya is mostly a mystery to me, other than what I got to know of her during MoME. Why do you ask?"

"No reason in particular. My Lord sent for Celegorm hoping to gain a better understanding of why Maedhros and Maglor would venture with Tygarya back to her home and you come with him as we sit on the very doorsteps of Minas Morgul. It begs the question, that is all."

Rowan cleared her throat and put a hand on the large head of Huan. "Somethings are better left unsaid until more information can be learned, don't you agree?" Not waiting for an answer, "Please excuse me while I prepare my bedding for the evening." Rowan nodded her head and when she arose, the hound followed her.

Rwhen turned her attention back to the striving men and they had not budged, however beads of perspiration now stood out on both foreheads. Rwhen walked over to them with her arms crossed and planted her feet firmly.

"Do you boys plan on playing the rest of the night? Rowan and I need our sleep as tomorrow we arrive in Minas Morgul." She waited, but neither man broke their concentration or acknowledged her in the slightest.

Sighing, she saw that Rowan had bedded down close to the fire and she decided to let the men fend for themselves. Calling the steward who was not officiating the match to her, "please see that this does not go on all night. I will make my bed next to the Lady Rowanberry this evening."

The Steward set up the bedding and prepared to watch while Rwhen laid down for sleep.

It seemed that no time had passed when she opened her eyes to view a new day dawning. Sitting up and expecting to feel the warmth of Aragorn beside her, all she got was a cold empty place. Turning to survey the grove she saw that both Aragorn and Celegorm were heads down on the stump, but hands were still clasped in the same position. The sun was not yet rising and the dawn stars were fading. She carefully unclasped the hands and as she did the two stewards laid them men carefully to the ground and saw them covered.

"What a way to start the day," Rwhen observed.

"Indeed," Rowan, whom Rwhen had not heard approaching, completed her thoughts. Both ladies burst out laughing as they prepared for the final leg of their journey.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby MorgulCouncil » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:59 pm

Early the next morning Generals Kador and Barrock met in the vast exercise yards, with 12 of Tygarya's Elite Forces. All were in full formal military attire. Smart black uniforms with silver trim, the generals had gold trim. There were two young orclets also dressed in black, one holding a large black banner with the white sickle moon of Minas Morgul, the other holding a large silvery grey banner with the black form of a panther on it for Queen Tygarya.
The Generals had the men neatly lined up in two rows as they walked down the lines inspecting each individual. Making sure all buttons were shiny, knee-high boots shined to a high gloss, weapons sharpened and well cared for. Once they were happy with what they saw they instructed the men to get their horses and regroup at the gates.

Once they were ready to go, the Generals ordered the gates open, and sent a scout on ahead to locate the travelling party. The sight of the envoy was spectacular and due a crowd to the gates to see them off. It was like a parade. The Generals at the front side by side, flanked by the banner holders, then behind them 3 wide were the soldiers. All had flowing black capes on that draped over their horses flanks.
With the gates now open, they started out and across the bridge over the Morgulduin and out into the Morgul Vale.
It was a good day for travelling, the sun was now getting up causing its rays to glint off the soldiers uniforms and weapons impressively, but wasn't too hot yet, like it would probably be on the journey back.
They travelled down the road through the deserted lands of Ithilien towards the Anduin for about 2 and a half hours until they rounded a bend to find the scout waiting for them.
He saluted the Generals and gave his report.
'The party you look for is about a half mile away my Lords. They are on the main road now, after camping in the trees over night.'
'How many?' Barrock asked, to double check th einformation he had already received.
'Four men, one of which is King Aragon and two ladies my Lord, both elfin'
'Four men and two ladies, are you sure?'
'Yes sir'
The generals looked at each other a moment.
'Maybe they meet up with some friends, what harm can one more man and a woman do?' Kador said with a shrug.
'I suppose' Barrock agreed and signalled to move out.
MorgulCouncil

Postby *=Blackenemy=* » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:00 pm

As the soldiers moved out, Alatar, dressed as a commoner, silently stalked after the troops. He had informed Maglor that the Generals were planning something, and didnt trust them any more than he did the orcs. He had decided to follow them to make sure that nothing was to go afoul when they met with the King and his envoy. "I shall be gone some time, I'm afraid." he had told Maglor in secret. "I trust you will be sure that things do not go awry whilst I'm away?" Maglor smiled, "You place your trust in good hands. Go now, or you will lose them!"

After the long journey, the party stopped while the Generals spoke to the scout they had sent ahead of them. Alatar listened intently to the conversation. 'The party you look for is about half a mile away my Lords. They are on the main road now, after camping in the trees over night.'
'How many?' Barrock asked, to double check the information he had already received.
'Four men, one of which is King Aragorn and two ladies my Lord, both elfin.'
'Four men and two ladies, are you sure?'
'Yes sir'
Alatar spoke to himself, "This is most strange, though I am sure nothing is wrong. One lady is sure to be Rhwen, and two men are probably servants if I am to guess." At that moment the warriors started again, "If I am to prevent any horrors I shall have to become more inconspicuous." He eyed one of the soldiers who had started to straggle behind, and when he wasnt looking, Alatar knocked him senseless with a blast of air which issued forth from his staff.'No one ever takes into thought that they have a wizard in their midst.' After dragging him to the underbrush so as not to be found, he attired himself in the warriors armour and mounted the horse. Galloping after the soldiers and falling in line, he travelled with them. *I do hope that the Generals have more sense in them than these so-called elite soldiers do.* Alatar thought to himself.
Last edited by *=Blackenemy=* on Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*=Blackenemy=*
Citizen of Imladris

Postby IVIaedhros » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:37 am

Maedhros did not leave Tygarya's rooms to watch the envoy off. But his brother Maglor watched from a window. He was impressed by the organization and evident training of these troops - certainly not what he was used to when facing random minions of Dark Lords. Tygarya had done her work. He smiled a bit - Maedhros would certainly approve of the color scheme; the Fëanoreans had worn black trimmed with silver since their father's death.

After speaking briefly with Alatar, he returned to find Maedhros. "Well, they're off."

"Both generals went?" Maedhros questioned.

"Yes, unless there is some elaborate counterfeit scheme - but it would have to be quite the trick to fool elvish eyes."

Maedhros nodded. "I am glad they are showing proper respect to the King of the West." But he frowned.

"About that - Alatar went along as well, discretely. I think he wants to prevent any...ah...diplomatic errors from occuring."

"Good. I suppose he can take care of himself," Maedhros said with a smile. "But what worries me is the seeming trust they are placing in me by walking out of this fortress and leaving me inside it. What don't I know?"

Maglor shrugged. "It would take a lot to pull off a full-fledged coup. Maybe they think you don't have it in you."

Maedhros smiled. "Ah. So you think that it is they who are underestimating me, not the other way around? As flattering as that is - I don't think so. There is too much I don't know about this realm. I can't trust...."

"I know. But it is only a short absense, and we aren't trying to pull off a coup. So everything will be fine. I'm sure any assassins were only given instructions to act if you stepped out of line."

"How comforting." His gaze strayed back to Tygarya. "What would you have me do, Lady?" he asked softly. "Your people need their queen." He stood up abruptly. "I am a poor substitute, but I will see what I can do," he said more brusquely. He turned to leave.

"Where are you going?" Maglor asked, surprised.

"To see the Silmaril," Maedhros replied. "It's time I learned some of the secrets of this place."

Maglor made to follow him, but Maedhros shook his head. "You stay here with Tyg; I don't want her left alone."

Maglor looked unhappy with this, but obeyed his brother anyway. "Just don't bring the place crashind down around your ears as you learn how it works," he said in parting.
IVIaedhros
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:16 am

As the small group drew closer to the farthest reaches of Minas Morgul Aragorn stopped the horses with a raise of his hand.

"I am certain that we have already been noticed and I expect a contengent from Queen Tygarya to meet us anytime now. I want cool heads and no sudden movements. We come in peace and I want that evident. Grayson, " Aragorn called to his steward, "raise the banner of the house of Gondor and of the King. Goran," Aragorn called to the second steward assigned to the Lady Rwhen, "raise the banner for the house of Imladris." Aragorn turned an eye towards Celegorm. "Are you prepared to raise the standard for house Fëanor?"

Before the words had left his mouth, Celegorm had already pulled the banner from his saddle pack and was unfurling it for the King to see. "Ahead of you again, Gondor." Celegorm was taunting the King to some peril, but he seemed unphased by it, as if the King was a comrade.

"I prefer King, Lord or since we are traveling together, you may adress me as Aragorn and my Lady as THE Lady Rwhen if you would be so kind." It was not a request and Aragorn clenched his jaws to hold back any further comments.

"You got it, MY Lord." Celegorm was not unsettled in the least at the rebuke. He smiled jauntily and moved to be in line next to the King with Rwhen and Rowanberry taking up positions behind them and the stewards bringing up the rear.

As they rounded a bend the welcoming contengent from Minas Morgul spread out before them. Both sides stopped with approximately twenty yards between them. "Impressive," muttered Rowanberry, "you would think they assume we are some danger to Queen Tygarya, no?"

Rwhen placed a hand over Rowan's which was grasped at the pommel of the saddle. "We are sufficient."

"Sufficient?," Rowan hissed, "she has sent enough men to masacre a small army." Rowan looked at Rwhen and saw the twinkle in the Lady's eye. "Ah, you know something that I do not. Very well, I place all my trust in you and the King."

"Hail Minas Morgul," Aragorn bellowed across the distance, "Gondor arrives in peace to speak with the Queen." He sat silently knowing the next person to speak would lose.

"And Fëanor, to see my brothers, make way," shouted Celegorm.

Aragorn and the party groaned..."Damn Fëanoreans!!!"

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby MorgulCouncil » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:24 pm

The Generals bristled at Celegorm’s demand, they looked at each other briefly, then Kador dismounted from his horse and removed his gauntlets. Aragon recognised the move and also dismounted. They walked together and as Aragon reached Kador, Kador bowed in respect. Once he had straightened Aragon, is his usual understated way, reached his hand out. Kador recoiled slightly, then relaxed and took the offered hand in a friendly shake.
‘Welcome King Aragon, and to your lovely lady. Queen Tygarya has been expecting your arrival. We are here to escort you safely to the fortress that is the Tower of the Moon.’ Kador said in a booming voice, politely not referring to the Tower as Minas Morgul, he could be tactful when he wanted to be.
Aragon nodded his head in recognition of the welcome. Kador continued.
‘Please, if you may, introduce the others of your company to us, I see the banners but know not the people’ Kador said sounding interested. Celegorm huffed at the insult of Kador deliberately ignoring his out burst and went to dismount also, Rowan was there to stop him with a hand upon his arm. Aragon smiled inwardly and turned towards the company.
‘This is Celegorm, brother of Maedhros, who I believe is already a guest of Queen Tygarya.’ Aragon said delicately, watching the General for reactions. He saw it in the way the General stiffened slightly.
Kador and Barrock had both been consulted on the Feanorians upon their arrival by Baphomet, so they knew the other brothers by name and reputation. It did not please Kador to hear that Celegorm was here, and wondered why.
Moving on quickly before Celegorm could interrupt Aragon continued the introductions. It seemed that Celegorm, although seething, knew protocol enough not to interrupt.
‘The first Lady is my betrothed, princess Arwen, and the other Lady is Rowenberry also from Rivendell. The other two men are my stewards.’
‘Excellent my Lord, and I am General Kador, and this is General Barrock. Shall we get going now my Lord, if we move out now we can get to the fortress by lunchtime, where no doubt there is a feast awaiting you.’
Aragon replied in the affirmative, however he wondered at the Generals bemused expression. He shrugged it off as having to deal with Kings and banquets and mounted up again. He glanced at Celegorm who seemed to be being restrained by the whisperings of Rowan, thank Eru, he thought.
General Kador mounted his black steed once more as General Barrock shouted orders for the men to form up around the company.
Aragon had a slight uncomfortable feeling of being surrounded. That was short lived as General Kador turned towards him.
‘If it please you my Lord, we would be honoured for you to ride up front with us’ Kador asked indicating him and General Barrock.
Aragon moved his horse up to the front line, inbetween the two Generals. Celegorm huffed again at again being snubbed. ‘Wait till I get to Minas Morgul and find my brothers’ he whispered harshly.
The company then moved off towards the waiting fortress.
MorgulCouncil

Postby Baphomet » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:09 pm

Baphomet was in the Throne room, getting rid of the last of the appointments and requests that people in charge deal with on a daily basis. One reason why he would never want to rule anywhere, to many hassles bugging you every day. He sat in a chair he had put in front of Tyg's throne. No way he was going to sit in that chair. He leaned back and stifled a yawn as the last complainant made his case. He was a fat middle aged balding man from near Khand. He was complaining to the throne about having his stall at the market in Khand removed from his ownership, due to the take over of the East from the Black Armies. It seemed in the turmoil that followed another entrepreneur snatched the opportunity to claim ownership of the deserted stall, and now wouldn't give it back.
Baphomet stifled a laugh, if it was actually up to him he would tell the man to 'Get a life' and go and fight for it, but since it wasn't actually up to him but up to how the administrators of the fortress would interpret the laws he merely nodded his agreeance and announced that the man had rights and could appeal to the throne. Which meant plainly that the man had to come back at a later time and ask Tygarya in a court situation, that would mean witnesses and testimony to prove the mans ownership etc, it would probably take the man another month to drag all those people back here, if at all. The man bowed graciously and left the throne room.

As soon as he left, several servants piled into the throne room and hurriedly starting putting up banners and buntings ready for the State visit of King Aragon. Baphomet stood up and took hold of the chair he had been sitting on moving to one side, he glanced at the throne for a moment and wondered what they were all going to do when Aragon entered the throne room and Tygarya wasn't sitting there.
There was certainly no way he was going to let Maedhros sit there, no way!
He walked up to the Throne and touched his hand lightly to the left arm. The throne was made of Obsidian and Black Iron, it was a formidable looking thing, with sharp angles and rising above the seat looking down upon the room was the rearing head of a panther, made of black iron, the eyes were large green emeralds. It was disconcerting to look at those eyes too long, even for him. No, Maedhros wouldn't sit here, he would no doubt take one look at it and refuse. Baph smiled and wandered off to the kitchens to check on how the preperation of the food for the banquet was going.
Baphomet
Shield Bearer

Postby rowanberry » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:14 am

Rowanberry sighed of relief when the company got going. Thank the Valar, she had managed to restrain Celegorm; his pride and temper definitely hadn’t changed a bit through the years. She was afraid of how things could turn if one of Tygarya’s generals would make just one wrong move… She would have to speak with his two older brothers as soon as possible. Maedhros’s authority and Maglor’s diplomacy would definitely be needed to keep their more hotheaded brother in order.

She noticed that, Huan had left his master’s side, and was now jogging next to her horse. He behaved very protective of the ladies, and growled every time a soldier of Minas Morgul got too close to his liking – except one, a man that looked much older than the rest of their escorts. When Rowanberry observed the soldier more closely, she realised that, he definitely was unlike the others. What was he? A spy? Another commander in disguise?

They rode through the Morgul Vale, and could now see the fortress in front of them. The army of Gondor had burned the fields of poisonous flowers that once covered the valley, and the sickening smell was gone; but a more wholesome kind of vegetation had not yet rooted there so, the landscape looked rather bare. But, the gargoyles at the head of the bridge over the Morgul Stream were still there, and Huan expressed his opinion on them very loudly before the company crossed the bridge.
rowanberry

Postby IVIaedhros » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:08 am

Maedhros quietly entered Tygarya's rooms. "You should change," he informed his brother.

Maglor looked up, surprised. He was expecting to hear 'has there been any change?' from his brother.

"The party from Gondor and their escort have just crossed the bridge," he said in clarification, seeing Maglor's confused look. "You need to dress for a diplomatic function, not a sickroom."

Maglor nodded, and rose from his seat by Tygarya's bed. Alatar could stay with her once the envoy arrived.

As he followed his brother down the stairs to their rooms, he watched him closely. Maedhros was practically gliding down the steps. He seemed off. Less...energetic than usual. It bothered him. He wanted to know what had happened down in the cellar!

"There has been no change in Tygarya's condition, brother," Maglor informed him. Maedhros nodded. "I know."

"You hide your concern well," Maglor continued, hoping to get a reaction.

"At the present, I am more concerned about what will happen when the party arrives at our gates."

"I'm sure the Lady Arwen will be diplomatic..."

"She will, but our brother will not."

"Our...brother?" Maglor asked in alarm.

"Celegorm is with them. I will have words with Curufin when I next see him."

"How did that happen? This is bad, very bad....!"

"I know," Maedhros replied succinctly. "That is the only reason I am risking leaving Tygarya unattended for a moment - I cannot spare you, our best diplomat." He gave Maglor a small smile.

Maglor took this all in. Celegorm... Well, that would throw off everything! Celegorm...and Arwen...and Aragorn...all together....oh, this was a diplomatic nightmare! They would have to get Celegorm away from the others as soon as possible. He looked back at Maedhros. He was taking this rather well. Such news would usually solicit a much more energetic response from the oldest Fëanorion.

By this time, they'd arrived in their rooms, which still had a slightly metallic scent to them. He sighed. The smell of orc blood always reminded him of battles. The both changed quickly into more formal wear - black trimmed with silver, of course.

Then Maglor saw what about his brother was eluding him. It was...serenity. Maedhros was more at peace than he had seen him since.... since... Valinor? A long time, at any rate!

"How is the Silmaril?" he murmured, understanding at last what had happened.

"Wonderful, as always. This fortress is quite the interesting place," Maedhros responded. "I had to cut short my explorations when I became aware that our guests had arrived. But...the silmarils truly were our Father's greatest creations. He put the best of himself into them." The reverence in his voice was unmistakable.

"And I always thought his sons were his best creation," Maglor said lightly, pondering what Maedhros had said.

Maedhros smiled at Maglor. "Oh, certainly - but he could not do that alone. I give our Mother more than half the credit there!"

Maglor smiled in relief. He had not lost his brother to the jewel...yet. They left their rooms and descended the stairs to the main entrance.

The riders had arrived in the yard, and the soldiers, still mounted, had formed an avenue, still smartly in formation. The generals had led their guests to the gate, where guards stood at attention. As the small party entered, Maedhros called out his greetings to them.

"Welcome, my lords and ladies, to Minas Morgul, the fortress of Queen Tygarya." He bowed to them, and they returned the gesture. The generals exchanged looks. They had expected the elf to concede enough to Gondor to use the ancient name of Minas Ithil.

"My lady Arwen, we are aquainted from my brief visit to Rivendell. It is a great pleasure to see you once again." He bent over her hand briefly, but was very aware of both Celegorm's and Aragorn's eyes on him. She merely smiled in response.

He turned to the King. "Lord Aragorn of Gondor, you reputation precedes you, and I am honored that you have chosen to visit us here. May this be the beginning of renewed friendship between this realm and yours." The generals noted that he did not refer to the realm as his own, and took that as a good sign. Not that they were about to trust him, of course - not until he explained why he, and not Lady Tygarya, was greeting these guests!

Maedhros took the King's hand, and met his eyes. He blinked in surprise at what he saw, and hastily turned when a voice interrupted him.

"And have you no greeting for your own brother?"

"Hasty as always, Celegorm," he said, though with a forced smile. "I must say that I am surprised by your visit. I did not expect you to leave Himring for some time."

Celegorm heard the rebuke, and ignored it. "I am here by invitation," he insisted, but Maedhros had already turned to their fourth guest.

"Lady Rowanberry, a pleasure to see you again as well. What has brought you to the south from Rivendell?"
IVIaedhros
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)