Maedhros and Tygarya Saga - Finally an Engagement!!!

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby rwhen » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:15 pm

Aragorn stood again and cleared his throat. "Rowanberry, your willingness to agree as emissary and council member is commendable. Should you ever need Gondor, please do not hesitate to send word." He looked back towards the others present and put a hand to his chin while he thought a moment. I can't take Faramir away from Eowyn. Who would be the right person? Everyone waited patiently, but when rwhen gently put pressure on his booted foot, he came out of his reflections.

"Upon further reflection, I think that Faramir and Eowyn would be suitable choices representing Rohan and Gondor, if they are agreeable and I shall dispatch a request to them immediately." He nodded to Tygarya and before taking a seat, "That leaves two other choices, I believe you know who would be best for those positions. I am treating Faramir and Eowyn as one vote on the council, if they agree." He seated himself and took up an apple and started to peel the skin away.

Again, rwhen kicked him under the table. He simply smiled.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby *=Blackenemy=* » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:39 am

As Aragorn sits down and takes a healthy bite from his apple, the door bursts inwards with a defening crash. Tygarya spins around, dagger drawn. Maedhros and his brothers jump up and stand with swords pointed at the open door. As the dust settles, and familiar laugh, followed by a harsh cough. "Oops. Guess I put a bit too much back into it."

In the doorway, stood Alatar. "I do apologize for the door, dear Queen." he said with a bow. "I'll have it fixed as soon as the meeting is concluded. Now! What's this I hear about Ithilien? Some sort of council?" His booming voice making a sudden change in atmosphere in the room. The castle had become somewhat, quieter, when he had departed for Ithilien.

"Uh, we... We were discussing who would be best for making decisions concerning Ithilien." said Rowan, very shyly. Tyg on the other hand, was not as surprised to see the wizard. She was glad he had made it, but had thought that he would arrive sooner than this.

"I see that I have arrived a little late." winking at Tyg. "I agree that there should be some sort of group to make proper choices for that land." Alatar pulled a chair from the side of the room, and plopped himself into it with a sigh. It was a long journey, and was tired, but he wasn't about to show this to the current audience. "I feel that I would be best suited for a position on this council. I have seen many things in my days, some of which would surprise even you Master Maedhros. As I am not from this land, I can bring an unbiased opinion to the table as well. I am sure many of you remember the Order of Wizards?" Tyg nodded silently, and so did a few others. "Well, I was a contributing member there, and feel I can be of the same use here."
*=Blackenemy=*
Citizen of Imladris

Postby IVIaedhros » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:15 am

Maedhros stiffened when Tyg named his brother Celegorm as her choice for a member of the council to govern Ithilien, but he gave no other sign of surprise. He remembered his promise to her at breakfast to support her in this endeavor. By now, she knew what sort of elf Celegorm was, and if she wanted to name him to a diplomatic post...well, that was her call.

Maglor, on the other hand, was desperately catching his eye in a "Do something!!!" kind of way. You must stop this!

The important thing was to keep Celegorm himself quiet, and luckily it was the Lady Rowanberry who raised the question of why such an outsider would be fit for the role. Good; if the other delegates at this council were satisfied with her humble words, then Celegorm could slip in between the sentries.

Maedhros was thankful that she tactfully requested a few days before making that decision. After all, Celegorm's ties were to Himring, and his family there, not to Ithilien. He would discuss this with both Celegorm and Tygarya...later. For now, he would just publicly assent to the queen's will. Patience, Maglor...

'A king is he who can keep his own,' he'd said years ago, in mockery of Thingol. He'd learned just how true that was, as the Noldor lost their lands one by one. The desire to reclaim Ithilien may be strong (from several sides), but everyone making a claim had lost the land years ago. Even Tyg's claim could be called into question with the fall of Sauron in the War of the Ring. It remained to be seen if today's proposal would lead to stable governance...or collapse under pressure from within or without.

The goal was to achieve a peace that made the land of Ithilien open to outsiders. He supposed that having a strong personality like Celegorm on board would prevent anyone from bullying the leaders of Ithilien into supporting one party over another. Maedhros did not trust the Men named by King Aragorn to show fair treatment to Men of the East and the South, so he was glad this Faramir would only have one vote. While Rowanberry was technically a representative of Elrond of Rivendell, she was Tyg's friend. She and Celegorm would serve as the voices of Tygarya and Maedhros in Ithilien. It was not a bad plan, he realized, even considering Celegorm's volatile disposition.

That was before Alatar returned suddenly, throwing a wildcard into the mix as was his wont.
IVIaedhros
Shield Bearer

Postby Tanwen_Luthien » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:20 am

Far below the council room the dry road to Minas Morgul threw up dust in the wake of a galloping horse. The rider rushed it past the gate wardens with a yell. Reigning in at the door he was met by a pale figure in forest greens with whom he conferred briefly before storming inside and upstairs. Minutes later his arrival was heralded by a commotion outside the doors to the council. Thick Easterling accents were raised in argument with a voice that was steady and familiar. One of the guards inside moved uncertainly towards the doors before they swung open. The guard stepped hastily back and Grim strode in, dust-smeared and alone. He glared wearily around the room and raised his eyebrows.
‘Apologies for my lateness, councillors,’ he bowed slightly, ‘Urgent business in Minas Tirith, you understand.’
Confused murmurs and knit brows moved among those present in the council chamber. Aragorn stood.
‘Do you bring word from my city? Is there a need for me to return?’ He sounded concerned, and Arwen put her hand on his arm gently.
‘No, my lord,’ replied Grim, ‘Minas Tirith is as you left it, the fairest city of the West.’
Tygarya regarded him suspiciously and glanced at Legolas. The elf made his way quickly to his countryman’s side.
‘What are you doing here, Grim?’ he murmured.
‘Exactly what I should be doing,’ Grim replied quietly before turning to the others.
‘Do forgive my unkempt appearance, for had I known what a grand collection you all made together I would have felt ashamed to thus arrive.’
‘And do you not feel shame for interrupting our negotiations?’ Tygarya rose and stared him down. ‘Forgive any offence I may cause you sir, but could you not withdraw until this has concluded?’
Grim had made no secret of his views on Minas Morgul, and such words find a way back to those whom they concern. Grim shook his head resolutely.
‘I am afraid I cannot, my lady. I, too, am now committed in the matter and cannot in good conscience abandon the cause that holds such a place in my heart.’
There was a deliberate mocking undertone to his words. He met Tygarya’s stare evenly, challenging her. She folded her arms and stepped slowly towards him. The room watched silently; the lady’s anger was palpable.
‘You have no place at this council,’ said Tygarya coldly, ‘you represent no one.’
Grim reached into the pack at his side, fumbled for a moment, and pulled out a wax-sealed document. Tygarya moved forward to take it but Grim held up his hand, halting her.
‘This document is a declaration that is to be made to the entire council,’ he said for the benefit of the room, ‘on behalf of the Loyal Servants of Gondor.’
‘I have not heard of them,’ Arwen whispered to Aragorn.
‘I am aware of their organisation, but have not had much call to seek them out. They have a dining hall in one of the upper city circles,’ he replied distractedly, watching as the dark elf broke the seal and unfolded the document.
Tygarya’s eyes narrowed and she remained where she was, leaning against the table near a tense-looking Maedhros.
Grim cleared his throat, and began.

The Declaration of the Loyal Servants of Gondor

By way of preamble,
The Loyal Servants of Gondor wish to make clear first and foremost their allegiance to the state, king, and people of Gondor, their full support for the dominion of King Elessar over the lands historically of the king’s keeping, and their faith in the might of the blood of Numenor.

This declaration aims to express:
First.
That the many hundreds of men who comprise the Loyal Servants of Gondor consider themselves to be faithful veterans of the war against the East, and survivors who themselves represent the comrades who fell bravely at their sides as a result of the terrible battles forced upon the West. Each man has borne arms against enemies, and honorary members comprise of those whose sons, fathers and brothers died in war but remain still in their hearts.

Second.
That the Loyal Servants of Gondor believe that the integrity of Gondorian power and victory rests precariously upon the decisions made by the blessed King Elessar in his council with the dark forces of the East. They hold that to consolidate the might of the King and for the justice of his people he must not be made to submit his will to a foreign and maleficent force by virtue of his right as victor and noble Man of the West.

Third.
That the great King Elessar’s will should reflect the best interests of his own people, and they alone of all races of Middle Earth. While trusting in the most august judgement of their king, the Loyal Servants of Gondor feel the need to impress upon him the duty of the king to both represent and protect his people in all that he does for the integrity of their lands and the ability to leave in total peace, free from fear of further war or disruption by foreign powers.

Fourth.
That this duty specifically entails the extermination or expulsion of all creatures of Sauron or Morgoth from any lands within or abutting Western states. These creatures include, although are not limited to, orcs and goblins still remaining in Ithilien. While these creatures remain, the stain of evil cannot be free from the lands of the King. People of Gondor will be actively discouraged from settling in or near such lands for their own safety, and the Loyal Servants of Gondor will personally do all in their power to make safe the land of Ithilien in as far as it does not undermine the leadership and will of their most revered King, in whom they trust and for whom they would gladly lay down their lives.

Fifth.
That it is within the rights and responsibilities of the noble King Elessar to demand this of any opposition as the land belongs to him and him alone having been wrongfully taken by the Dark Lord who has since been destroyed. As both victor and inheritor it is within his dominion as King of Gondor.

Sixth.
That the wicked towers of Minas Morgul be dismantled piece by piece so that the land of Ithilien may be redeemed in the eyes of the Valar and made fertile and good once again. That all remnants of the rule of Sauron be stripped and scoured from the land. This, we believe, is fitting as a renewal of once-good things for this new age of peace in Middle Earth.

Seventh.
That the one known as the Dark Lady, be she human, elf, shapeshifter, Maia or unknown creature of Morgoth, should depart from any lands abutting the West for the wellbeing of all Free Folk.

Eighth.
That the Loyal Servants of Gondor finds the notion of diplomatic relations with the Easterlings acceptable provided that they signed a treaty of peace and swore to never again seek to bring harm upon the lands of the West, accepting them as victors in the recently-concluded war. Easterlings, as Men themselves, may be cautiously offered a chance for redemption in the eyes of the West.

Ninth.
That the Loyal Servants of Gondor appoint as their representative to the council at Minas Morgul one elf, Soronúmë of Mirkwood, as he has expressed both the impartiality of racial and geographical difference as well as a firm loyalty to the will of the Servants. He has taken it upon himself to offer to the most gracious King Elessar his own life as the price of any disobedience perceived in the actions, wills, or interests of the Servants. He places his life and the free words of the king’s loyal subjects at the feet of Elessar himself in the hope that he will accept this beseeching voice of his people, living in fear of darkness as they still are.

All the preceding declarations are made with the greatest respect and loyalty to King Elessar, may he rule for a hundred years of peace.

‘There follows the signatories to the declaration, including a number of high ranking and well known soldiers and guards of the city,’ Grim concluded, refolding the paper.
The room was silent. Nobody knew quite how to react, and many eyes turned either towards Aragorn or Tygarya in trepidation. Clearly, Grim had been very busy.
Tanwen_Luthien
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Suddenly Tyg laughed, a strange sound in the quiet apprehensive atmosphere. As her musical laughter filled the room she unfolded her arms and started to applaude Grim, making him bristle. He was just about to say something when Legolas placed a hand upon his arm and indictaed that he should sit, his job done.

Tyg moved around to where Aragon was standing and stood eye to eye with him. Her laughter stopped and she gave Aragon the look of one expecting great things from a child learning to walk. As Tyg spoke she spoke to Aragon alone.

“Well, needless to say this sort of vandalism of peace was to be expected. Delivered by the hands of an elf for the good of Men and no other of Middle Earth I must say I find reprehensible, as I’m sure do the other elves in the room.
To look at things from the King of Gondor and not the Lord of the entire West – which is what you are – they ask I feel an impossible task of you Aragon.

These people sound nothing more than terriosts in your own land, to try and destroy peace when it is so close at hand by demanding Men should be put above all others in this affair when clearly this needs to be settled with all peoples of Middle Earth taken into account.

How selfish are the ways of Men that they would at the last hour before peace strive to bring argument and possible war down upon Middle Earth yet again. To make demands of their King like he is their petty servant and yet in the same breath lay their loyalty at the feet of his decision. They say they are hundreds strong, yet the fate of millions is at stake Aragon.

I know you well enough now I pray that I know you will make the right decision and place little heed in these demands and bring the traitors of peace to justice in your own way.

I await your decision and give you time to talk with this traitorous elf and his master Legolas for a moment alone, before I must ask that he be evicted from this fortress”

With that Tyg swept from the room, Maedhros – his fists clenched – just stood and stared at Grim a moment until Maglor placed a hand on his shoulder and guided him from the room also with Celegorm, Rowanberry and the other council members following.

There was an ominous shutting of the door behind them.
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:01 pm

Aragorn looked coldly from Tygarya to Grim. His mind was reeling with options at the moment, but also with thoughts of what was going on in Gondor. While the Accords were important to ratify, Gondor was a first priority.

The audible slam of the door left a silence in the room. Aragorn's boot heels as they pounded in Grim's direction reverberated off the walls. Most attendee's simply held their collective breath. Rwhen watched intently, she herself was torn not knowing how this would all play out.

"Man, what are you thinking?" Aragorn bore down on him. "Certainly this should have been handled in private!!" It was not a question, but a statement the King made barely controlling his anger.

"My Lord. I felt it necessary to bring this to your immediate attention, certainly you do not kneel and rise at the whim of this queen." The mocking nature of his tone had not abated.

Aragorn looked at rwhen with a knowing glance. "Let us retire to the outer chamber." The pair, with Legolas following walked outside the castle. The King stood resolute, arms folded across his chest. "Now, what is this nonsense? "Loyal Servants of Gondor", indeed. Just how much did it cost you to get those signatures?" His eyes narrowed as his voice lowered, "do not attempt to mock me, friend." He held up one hand, never letting his gaze stray from Grim, when Legolas tried to approach.

"Surely you are concerned for those proud, if few at the present, who take exception to this....this.....mockery of acquiescence," Grim was all but sputtering.

"I take exception where I please and how I please. I will return to Gondor immediately. Rwhen can sit for me for the time being. I WILL get to the bottom of this, Grim and no head will rest lightly until I do. You," he stabbed a finger at Legolas, "will stay here by her side, night and day, do you understand? Night and day."

Legolas looked uncertain, but agreed with a nod of his head. After a lingering glance to Grim the elf rejoined the group and now sat beside rwhen. He noticed that her hands were slightly trembling and made a motion of breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth, as an example for her to follow. She did, though she also clenched her hands slightly annoyed that he had noticed.

Outside, Aragorn's horse was brought to him. As he mounted, he had one parting comment for Grim. "I am not pleased." With that, he whipped his horse into action and galloped down the dusty road.

Back in the council room, rwhen intuited that her King was gone. She rose and watched through one long slitted window as his back diminished in a cloud of dust and dirt. Having an agile mind, she knew that he had no choice but to get to the bottom of any treasonous behaviour going on in Gondor. She lightly tapped on the door where Tygarya disappeared. As the door opened, she felt a presence at her elbow.

"Legolas, I do not need your fawning about me, I can take care of myself."

"Lord Aragorn has instructed me to stand by your side, night and day. I will not fail him."

Rwhen pulled herself up tightly, "and I am requesting you to give me a moment with my friend Queen Tygarya." Before he could retort, she was through and closed the door on him.

"Tyg. I am sorry, but Aragorn has returned to Gondor to put down this despicable rumor. I am sure there is nothing founded in reality and he will return as quickly as possible." rwhen looked Tygarya in the eyes and she could see the anger written plainly in her face, but what could be done at this point? For rwhen's part, she felt like breaking things at the moment.

"If you don't mind, Tyg, I feel the need to release some stress at the moment, please excuse me." She headed back out the same door she arrived, crossed the room and went to her suite, Legolas on her heels. "You may NOT enter my suite." She slammed the door and looked for suitable things to throw.
Last edited by rwhen on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tygarya » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:43 pm

Tyg watched the retreating back of Rwhen until the door was closed. Tyg turned back towards the room then and walked back tothe window where she had already watched Aragon's retreating figure as he had left the fortress at a gallop.
Of course Tyg had been informed of what was going on the minute aragon had asked for his horse so Rwhen's news had not come as a shock - nothing happened in this fortress without Tyg knowing about it, not even Legolas's little secret, of which Tyg was monitoring carefully.

Maedhros approached Tyg at the window from behind and wrapped his arms around her shoulders as he rested his chin upon her right shoulder he also looked out the window. Tyg reached up and grabbed his large forearms with her hands and held them.
"I hope he can sort this out Russ" Tyg said quietly, still fuming at Grim.
"I'm sure he can Tyg, he is a Ranger after all and that steadfast character will see he prevails" Maedhros replied. "But what do you plan to do with Grim?"

Tyg turned to face Maedhros then, staying within the circle of his arms.
"I have already decided how to take care of it" Tyg said "I will have a messenger send Legolas a proclaimation from me stating that Grim is under arrest for treason and until the return of King Elessar to announce what he whats done with Grim, Grim is to remain under lock down in Legolas's rooms. A soldier will be placed at the door to make sure Grim does not exit that room until Aragon returns."

"That's fair enough under the circumstances I suppose" Maedhros said nodding his head slightly as Tyg released herself from Maedhros's arms and walked over to where a messenger was waiting.

"Fair Russ? I am being more than fair, I would give nothing more right now than to be able to string Grim up from the nearest pole and have him flayed until his skin was mere ribbons upon his body"

Maedhros noticed the messenger starting to shake in fear at the deathly quiet way Tyg explained it.
"Now Tyg, your scaring the poor man"

Tyg looked at the messenger as he handed her a shaking piece of paper, and quill, on which to write her proclaimation. She smiled at him as she took the paper and quill then turned and wrote all she had said down. Handing it back to the messenger she clapped him on the shoulder once and sent him on his way with a soldier in tow to escort Grim to his rooms.
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Son of Fëanor » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:40 am

Maglor frowned at the door after the messenger had departed. In a short time, the plans for Ithilien had spiraled towards chaos. He had kept quiet after they departed the meeting room, knowing that it was up to Maedhros to determine when and how Tyg's fury should be diffused. Maglor had not survived an Age of living with such fiery brothers without learning when to keep his mouth shut. But her rage had passed now, and the matter was being dealt with.

"At least he will be contained," he said, breaking his silence. He thought it wise not to refer to Grim by name just yet. "Clearly, whatever he was stirring up back in Gondor does not bode well for King Aragorn."

"You have been to that land. Do all its people hold their king in such scorn?" Maedhros asked.

"No! Not at all. There was the typical grumbling about change, but not outright treason against him when I travelled through Minas Tirith on my return here. I have to imagine that whoever these people are, I did not meet them. But..."

"What?" Tygarya asked, curious what he was leaving out.

"I was going to say that the people I met were common people. Those who run inns and offer transportation between the port in the south and the city," Maglor explained. "I did not meet the court, and thus these people are more likely to be closer to the crown. Aragorn was right to be concerned what they might be up to in his absence."

"But without him here, can the talks go forward?" Maedhros asked.

"Surely the Lady Rwhen can speak for Gondor in his stead?" Maglor answered with a wry smile. If these people would not accept the word of their sworn liege lord, why would the voice of the queen hold any weight with them?

"I will not allow insolent rabble in Gondor to delay our accord on Ithilien. Let Lord Aragorn see to his own house; the talks will continue," Tyg said. Her mood was not improved, and this quiet anger was a bit scarier than her restrained fury earlier. The brothers knew by looking at her that she would not let this go. Grim had repaid the hospitality he had been shown with such ingratitude and thus had earned the queen's enmity that he had been courting so rashly. He may not like it when Tygarya revealed to him just who she could be when crossed. He thought her an untrustworthy evil enemy...but did he really want to be imprisoned in the tower of a dark lord to prove his point?

Maglor looked Maedhros in the eye. *Look after your queen.*

Then, he left to find Legolas. There should be no more surprises. He wanted a council to govern Ithilien, and he was going to find out who could safely be put on it. One person he wanted to meet before this went much further was the Lord Faramir, but in his absence, he could at least learn his reputation from the elf Legolas. He trusted Queen Tygarya and her generals to take care of everything else for the moment.
Son of Fëanor
Shield Bearer

Postby Tygarya » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Tyg was in need of some quiet reflection after the days proceedings. As she made her way down to the secret chamber where the Sil was located she couldn’t help hoping that Aragon would be able to sort things out in Gondor.
As she entered the room deep under the tower the torches lit up in response to her entry. Even the Sil throbbed with a dull light, Tyg wasn’t sure if it was a welcome or a warning. She had often wondered if the Sil would allow her to touch it, she knew Melkor had and she did have his power within her. Tyg had never been that keen to find out, being incinerated wasn’t really an option.
It bothered her that people kept judging her on previous history, she was no Melkor and she was certainly no Sauron. People just couldn’t get past the fact that she was powerful and that if Melkor created her she must be evil. Tyg was determined to prove them all wrong, one way or another.

She moved over to the large ornate desk that she worked at and sat down in the comfy chair in front of it. Her thoughts moved to the task at hand. She had never tested the limits of her powers, she had thought to come close when she resurrected Maedhros’s hand, albeit she had almost been lost but that was due to Melkor. Tyg knew that this latest venture would definitely put the limits to the test. Bringing Feanor through was going to take a lot and Tyg knew she hadn’t told Maedhros the full extent of the part he and his brothers were going to have to play in it. Getting Maedhros to tell his brothers was going to be a milestone that he would struggle with, she didn’t need to complicate things yet by telling him that in order to bring Feanor back she was going to need all the brothers in this very room with her. That was news for later. She would wait and see how they all coped with the news that a Sil was back first.
With that Tyg opened a large tomb and started to read the indepth incantations needed to bring a spirit through the vale
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)