OOC: Wynter's Rose

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:43 am

I can't wait for the IC to go up either. This should be a thrilling RP. I've found a pic of Meneldor to go by. He's the one in the picture just swooping down on Sam:

http://www.elfwood.com/art/s/o/solarfal ... z.jpg.html
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Zyferian » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:51 am

Hi... I was just curious about something. How many more people are you going to let join before you decide that you have a "full house" as I've seen other people around here call it?

I like the idea of the story... and I'm trying to decide if I have the time/muse to join another RP.
Zyferian
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Cock-Robin » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:29 pm

Just a heads up. I just got a job after three months unemployment, and I report Monday morning. So I'll only be available here evenings and weekends. But I still look forward to playing here, and I've already got an opening post for Meneldor worked up.

But I'll wait on you to set up the IC board and do your opening post, Amethyst. :)
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Amethyst Jade » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:51 pm

<OKAY> :oops:

Sorry it took so long. Thrusday night was just busy so I couldn't finish writing the post. Friday night I lost power and our internet got messed up, so I couldn't get on here. BUT I'm still alive and got that post up. =]

Zyf, I think I'll actually start cutting it here soon, but you're definately welcome. =]

I'm going to place all bios in the first post here soon, when I have some more time. Right now I'm beat tired; I spent the day walking around at the mall and then at a hockey game, so I'm really tired.

Enjoy. =] And post away! :thumbsup:

EDIT: And I've also found a pic resembling Oriana.
=]
Last edited by Amethyst Jade on Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amethyst Jade
Shield Bearer

Location: Here, there, and everywhere. Quite surely nowhere...

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:06 pm

Thanks, Amethyst, and good post! I did my intro post, and I hope you like it. I'm sorry to hear you lost power and the internet for a while .

btw, I couldn't find the picture in the link you provided.
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby nienor-niniel » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:35 pm

Hello Amethyst,

I woudl have an intro post but as you did not say if you agreed with the character of Hades as I described him in your story, I won't post it before I havea real green light.

The picture link does not work for me either, btw.

After reading the two first posts; I really would like to write again, so tell me if you elt Hades in...

(I have to get used to so many new names among al lof you, I was absent from TORC so long, forgive me if I don't adress everybody with his name)

Edit: I found a way to make the linke work: Oriana
nienor-niniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Amethyst Jade » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:43 pm

Thank Robin. Ooh,what's the message? *evil snicker* =] Great post, by the way. Arail as well. WHO is she tracking and for what reason, I wonder. =] And Andalion, haha just to think of Oriana turning around to see some naked guy in the river. HAHAHA. :roll: :P

Oriana: :shock:
AJ: :twisted:

Nin, haha sorry about that. I had every intention of 'yaying' your idea. I guess I just forget to put it in there. :roll: Silly me. But yes, go right ahead. I really can't wait to see what goes down. Bahahaha... :twisted:

*Ahem*

:P

Oriana: You're so strange. :|
AJ: Bahahaha... no I'm not. Besides you had better watch your tongue. I write it. :twisted:
Oriana: :shock:
AJ: 8) :P

Caution: This user has a tendency to talk to herself.
:wink:
Amethyst Jade
Shield Bearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:05 pm

Thanks, Amethyst. I'm not sure what the message is that Elessar whispered to Menldor. Not yet, at any rate. I'm just playing it by ear. :)

Thanks, and that's a good pic. I'm afraid I goofed on the time. I had mine in morning, while the rest of you had it in evening. :oops: Everybody is posting great! I can hardly wait to see Nin and Erinhue.

I just put on the scene from ROTK where the eagles pick up Frodo and Sam. It brought tears to my eyes just like it did when I first saw it.
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Andalion » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:55 pm

:rofl:

What can I say? I love to cause confusion in massive amounts to poor, vulnerable people across riverbanks.
Andalion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:41 am

Hey this sounds like a great RP. Rare to find one with so much potential since the days this forum was always bustling. I would like to join you if possible, I have a character that could meet you in Eomer's court in Edoras. If you will have me I will post a bio for that character, or I could make another that would fit.
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Amethyst Jade » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:18 am

Swordsman, yes. You may. =] Is theer any way it's a guy? I'm not sexist, haha, but we're kind of lacking in that department. ^_^

But yes, go ahead.

EDIT: Anyone is still welcome to enter! Please do, it's quite encouraged!

:)
Last edited by Amethyst Jade on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amethyst Jade
Shield Bearer

Postby elerrina_narloth » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:41 am

oooh! all the posts are wonderful! I should have my introductory post up some time today.....I hope :wink:

AJ~ oh...I talk to myself too.... :twisted:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Zyferian » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:28 pm

Code: Select all
Name: Alec Farenmir
Race: Human

Profession: Alec is a priest. However, even more than that, he's the priest of a new religion that's entirely based off of nature and magic. As such, he can do some wizardry, totally focused on manipulating the elements of nature. His magic is only used though in song or chants, so whenever he casts a spell, it's always by chanting the "lyrics" of the spell in a sing-song voice that you could easily hear in a Gregorian chant type of thing. His religion forces certain convictions upon him, but they tend to be fairly lax at this point, as he is the only clergy member of the new religion, which he calls The Faith of Unusvis. Also, as part of his sorcery training, he learned some basic healing, though is not considered elite in this area whatsoever, though sometimes he thinks he is.

Weapons: Preferring oak staffs over anything, Alec is basically a novice or less in any other type of weapon, including blades and bows of any kind. His use for any other weapon type is limited and he has never trained in any of them, preferring to use his magic for combat than anything else.

Appearance: Alec is a tall man, about 6'5", and looks as if he's spent much of his time outdoors. Though not really muscular, his body is tanned and weather beaten from so much time spent outside in the elements. His light blonde hair is kept cut short, tucked behind his ears in a groomed fashion, and his face is adorned with a goatee. Normally he wears a short-sleeved tunic, and loose pants, covered by a large cloak type of outer garment.

There's a bio looking thing. Hope you all enjoy? I will be working on an intro post shortly.
Zyferian
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:57 pm

I've got a solution to the time paradox. My post is dated the morning after the evening all of you posted. That way I will wait to post again until the rest of you get to morning. Would that be all right? :)

Oooh, I like that character. It could be a predecessor to Merlin of Arthurian times, and the founder of his order since Gandalf and the remaining Istari left Middle-Earth.

and btw, I was just NPC'ing Elessar and Arwen. I intend to treat them as NPC's, Eomer and Faramir too, unless somebody would like to take them themselves. :wink:
Last edited by Cock-Robin on Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Lithtaur16 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:06 pm

Great posts y'all! :) I have errands to run and allergies to destroy ( :x to sore throats!) but I'll be back around some time tonight to put up my intro.
See you then! :)
Lithtaur16
Ranger of the North

Postby Amethyst Jade » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:06 pm

Hey Robin, as well as everyone, I think the canon characters should remain NPC's because they are so versatile in the manner which we as writer's use them.

Zyf, good bio. I'm interested to see how he plays out.

Sorry to hear about those allergies [they stink :( ]. Take your time and get better! :)
Amethyst Jade
Shield Bearer

Postby erinhue » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:15 am

As Sam said, I'm back. Gimme a little time to catch up and I'll try and get an intro post up tommorrow, too swamped today to even be here now. Happy to see this off to a good start. :wink:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:47 pm

Question....

Would RPing a Dunedain be alright or should I be my "normal" human character?
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Amethyst Jade » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:25 pm

Well I'm pretty sure Aragorn still had them scouraging the lands of shadow after the War of the Ring, so that'd be fine with me.

Anyone more 'Tolkein-ized' [so to say :wink: ] have an opinion on that? I'll go back and check out the apendices [sp?] to make sure, but go ahead an post the bio.

And great post, Lith! Geez that's a lot of detail. ^_^ Wow. This is turning into a great RP already. :) :)
Amethyst Jade
Shield Bearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:05 pm

Yes, these are real quality posts, everybody! And I can't wait till tomorow to see Erinhue's post, as I've seen his work on other RPG's, and it is awesome.

I've got something that sets some themes while I wait to see what the remaining people will do. It really excites me no end to see what this RP has attracted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGjPP7mXdWU
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:45 am

Name: Arahol son of Alohan
Date of Birth: 2935 TA
Race: Dunedain
Marital Status: Single
Alliance: King Elessar

Appearance: Like most of his kind, Arahol is tall, dark, and weather worn. Naturally good looks hide beneath black and green clothing. He has scraggly dark hair that falls around his head, sometimes getting in his sharp grey eyes. He wears what you would expect of someone who lives their life in the wild. He has worn dark clothing, patched and repaired in places. He has a dark grey cloak that obscures his face in the cold rain of the north. He is naturally handsome, under a dark stubble of a beard, with flecks of silver in it.

Personality: Arahol is generally quiet, and doesn't say much unless directly asked, or if he has important counsel to give. Some might take his seeming sullenness for depression, but he is simply a quiet, thoughtful person. He is however fiercely loyal and protective to his friends, companions, and the weak and vulnerable. He will defend them with his life. He is also willing to defend the worlds of men, hobbits, dwarfs, and the remaining elven sanctuaries with his life

Weapons:Arahol was taught at a young age by his father to use a sword skillfully. His teaching combined with the natural skill, strength, agility, and intelligence of the Dunedain makes Arahol a master swordsman, not at the level of Elessar, but better then most men and elves. Arahol's sword is not particularly special in any way, besides that it is extremely well made and balanced. He fights in a fluid, high energy style, holding his sword in both hands. He also carries a bow, he is not a master with it by any way, but he can bring down an orc or a deer with it reasonably well. Arahol also carries with him several family heirlooms, a small strong, razor sharp dagger, and a simple matching set of a silver brooch and belt-buckle.

History: Arahol was born in Arnor in 2935 of the third age. He spent most of his time in Mithlond, where his father and the elves nurtured and protected him. As he got older he learned more and more of his heritage, and the nature of his people. He also ranged alone further and further east, north and south as he got older. Arahol never knew the fate of his father, he simply disappeared to the east, lost to the wilderness forever as was the fate of many Dunedain. Arahol's existence was a lonely one. He spent long weeks defending the bounds of the Shire and Breeland. He became acquainted over time with many figures, The Grey Pilgrim, Radagast, Aragorn son of Arathorn.

The Most significant event in Arahol's life was during the war of the ring. He was with the Grey company that followed their king to Gondor and the battle of the Pellenor. Arahol watched many of his kin and thousands of Rohirrim and Gondorians fall that day. He himself was only slightly hurt, and later was with the host that marched on the black gate, where he fully expected to die.

He has spent the years after the war much as he spent the years before, watching the lands of all free peoples, protecting them from things that would be the stuff of simple folk's nightmares. His wanderings have brought him to the lands east of the Misty Mountains......
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:29 pm

ok...my post is finally up....I hope you like it...I'm thinking that Fallasse has perhaps found some overlooked lore in her many books to perhaps suggest a rebellious group, and she is troubled over the discovery...how's that?
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:15 am

So sorry to be late but I still have trouble prediciting when I can do what. Single parenting is still pretty new to me so please bare with me. I am working on the post and it's about half done so I should get to finish it tonight.

erinhue

Postby Hades » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:15 pm

Nothing to see here... in fact I only wanted to tell that IC I will always post directly under the name of Hades.

I fear to be a bit rusty, I have not RPed in ages. Well at least not Hades.
Hades
Shield Bearer

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:23 pm

Well, if that post shows how your RPing is when it is rusty, oh Dark One, then I can't even imagine what it used to be :wink: Marvellous characterization.
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:48 pm

Okay....lot of people around the Anduin......How about i meet you on the plains of Rohan or near Edoras?
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:03 pm

That will be great! Meneldor is on his way to Edoras, so it works out fine. :)

And Hades, that was such a chilling post. I, too, say if that was one of your lesser posts, I can't wait to see what it develops into as we go along. Well done! :clap:
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby erinhue » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:46 am

Leander is in Lothlorien

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:01 am

Nin darlin all I can say is :thumbsup:

erinhue

Postby nienor-niniel » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:59 pm

Of course - how should I not - I am flattered if you think I have not lost my hand. It took me longer to write this post than it took me to RP in the blessed days.

Anyway I am glad I chose this RP: it moves, posts by everybody so far are great (sorry if I had not said so before, my mind was preoccupied with Hades), I think we are all on the boat, the road, whatever you want, now - and already pieces of the jigsaw come together. I like it, Swordsman how you linked your character to the Eagles ( I am working on learning names of all characters) and then of course, Hue, at the mention of the Mithril Knights, I went all :love:. I just hope all is to the taste of Amesthyst and we can go on in this rhythm and quality.
nienor-niniel
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)