OOC: Wynter's Rose

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:58 pm

Indeed, all the posts are great! Hue, you didn't disappoint me, you did an outstanding post, and I can't wait to see how you develop it. Swordsman, I saw how you gave a cue for my character. I shall try to think up a post. I've been working a lot of overtime lately, and I haven't been able to be here as much as I'd like. And I've got to figure out what the message is that Meneldor is delivering.

I'll have something by this weekend, but right now I'm stuck. :bookworm:
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:36 pm

Cock-Robin wrote:Indeed, all the posts are great! Hue, you didn't disappoint me, you did an outstanding post, and I can't wait to see how you develop it. Swordsman, I saw how you gave a cue for my character. I shall try to think up a post. I've been working a lot of overtime lately, and I haven't been able to be here as much as I'd like. And I've got to figure out what the message is that Meneldor is delivering.

I'll have something by this weekend, but right now I'm stuck. :bookworm:

Sorry to put you on the spot:doh: .......just thought it was a good way to tie my character in.

Sorry :(
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:41 pm

Don't worry. It's not your fault. Muses just dry up now and then. I'll think of something. :) I'm really glad to have somebody to interact with so soon.
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby elerrina_narloth » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:23 pm

yes indeed, muses dry up.....

*pours water on her poor shriveled muse*

:( hopefully he livens up soon......

everyone's posts are looking great

nin~ :shock: that was amazing...especially if you haven't done this in a while

Hue~ I think I like your character already!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Amethyst Jade » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:27 pm

BAHAHAHAHA...

And she returns... :shock:

Sorry I've been a bit MIA. Went to Carowinds with our concert band yesterday [[surperior babyy :) ]], and Thursday and Friday were quite busy. My honors english class is kickin my butt right now. XP But I should be up and running again here soon. I keep getting like... visions of what'll happen. :twisted:

*ahem*

:P

Anyways, great posts Eru and Tower! Holy cow batman! :roll:

I'm so excited so get everyone together! =] Keep up the good work!

~AJ~
Amethyst Jade
Shield Bearer

Location: Here, there, and everywhere. Quite surely nowhere...

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:51 pm

Well, I finally figured out what the message was. Nothing earth-shattering this time, but it was something. I'm really enjoying this. Swordsman, please don't think I was ignoring Arahol. He was speaking to Eomer, but will respond when Arahol speaks. I'll leave it up to you if they're friends and not merely acquaintances. :wink:
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby SmaugsBane » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:27 pm

In my haste and probable impatience, I may have missed the final solution to the "bad guy problem" with Hades and how that's all being handled. I know you're full at the moment, but if ya still want someone to post your Mordanian (sp?) character, just let me know. I'd love to hop into this mix of old friends and new faces. I seem to have a bit of a thing for writing on the dark side lately:
http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?p=3633336#3633336

and

http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?p=3660966#3660966

And I since I'm having so much fun writing nasssstiness, I'd love to continue it here. Just say the word.

By the way, I'd like to chime in on the "Nin is an amazing RPer" discussion. I used to participate in a couple of those stories with her in the "blessed days." She's top-drawer to be sure.
Rest In Peace, Dirk. 2002-2013
Sig Pic by Lynx

Guild Steward of the Mithril Knights
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:14 am

The Boss ain't such a bad RPer himself we'd be lucky ta get him. That's just my two cents. :wink:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:17 am

Well, if I have a say in this I think it would be a good thing to have someone to write Mordarias, especially someone with a knack for writing evilnesss.
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby erinhue » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:32 am

Ohhh Buddy, that he can do :twisted:

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:34 am

I think I am gonna bring Leander's buddy(or two?) along for the ride 'cause we are not gonna get through this one without a body count.

erinhue

Postby nienor-niniel » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:08 pm

Oh, Smaug's Bane, if you want to play evil with me, I would just love it.

(And thanks for the compliment)
nienor-niniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Hades » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:37 pm

Once more in style (I thought it more convincing in this skin) and to tell that SB is (now, don't be angry, Hue) better than me and Hue together.

He won the RP award one day...

But it is your RP, Amethyst and if you say full, it's full.
Hades
Shield Bearer

Postby erinhue » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:50 pm

I won it first but she's right The Boss is better than I am.

erinhue

Postby SmaugsBane » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:36 pm

WARNING!! "Awe shucks" humility ahead, prepare to roll eyes.

:roll:

Seriously though, the only WCA I've ever won was 2002 newbie of the year. I've been nominated a few times, but people like Bardy, Hue, and Scribbler keep beating me out. Always a bridesmaid...

I appreciate the kind words, folks. I do make a whole-hearted attempt to spin a decent yarn. But I'm certainly not THAT good.

Amythest, sorry if it seems like I tried to bully myself in. I actually came here to read a little of Andalion's stuff, as he's petitioned to join the MK's. I liked the story so much, I opened my mouth in public when I should have email you about it off-boards.

Nin, I'd love to play :lightening: on your side. :evilaugh:

Oh, and Hue I'm only the "Boss" of the one little RP. Not that I don't enjoy the nickname, but I don't think TORC could handle two :cavetroll: Egos!

That may be the most emoticons I've ever put in one post.
Rest In Peace, Dirk. 2002-2013
Sig Pic by Lynx

Guild Steward of the Mithril Knights
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:36 am

:twisted: Yer right, in the end there can only be one :twisted:

erinhue

Postby Amethyst Jade » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:21 pm

OH no no no!!

:D

I'd LOVE to have you in. Bane, not to sound creepy, but I have read alot of your posts - just because. :) If there is anyone would I'd want to play Mordarias, it'd be you. :) SO. Yes, please, I beg, really. =]

A party it shall be!
:drink:

But if you would, email me about the details. I already have a few things that I wish to happen, or at elast be a part of his whole... persona. For lack of a better word.

=]
Everyone's doing great! I'll try to put up my next post soon.
Amethyst Jade
Shield Bearer

Postby SmaugsBane » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:42 pm

No need to beg. I live for telling stories. I kinda figure you have some info for me on him. Email coming.

Hue, a "Highlander" reference, I love it.

EDITED TO ADD: I think I can put a small post together that'll go along with Hades'.

However, Nin, would you mind editing out the references to a crowd in Hades' and Mordarius' conversation. Maybe a person (slave?) or two only. It will make more sense when I get a profile up on the fiendish leader of the nassssssties.
Last edited by SmaugsBane on Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby SmaugsBane » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:48 pm

Okay, this time I'm just gonna pull an erinhue and reply to myself.

I'd like ot ask for one more edit, please, from Hades' post. Obviously, after our whispered conversation, Hades would no longer think that Mordarius really wants to bring the eye back. So the reference to that at the end of the post should be edited out.

Sorry to be such a pain. Regretting the decision to let me in yet?

I promise it's only because I came in to the story late. I won't ask for such things in the future if I can help it.

PS, Amethyst, I hope it doesn't appear that I've strayed too far from your ideas for Mordarius. I just wanted to add a little more depth. I'll still await your email with that profile you have for him, and then I will spell out some of my ideas to you off-board. (don't want to give too much away, half the fun of RP is the surprise of what's gonn happen next.
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby Hades » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:04 pm

SB, does the editing suit you? In your interest I hope so.

Do not forget, that requesting Hades to edit is done at your own risk and peril. If you are willing to enter discussion or open exchange of hostilities, name your preferred thread and weapon and my Darkling is yours. ;)

Maybe SB, do not forget that Hades writer is more accesible than her creature, like for instance under her yahoo ID of norniel ;);).

Goes off to breed more evilness.
Hades
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:00 pm

---------> Nin and SB....

Hades wrote:

Do not forget, that requesting Hades to edit is done at your own risk and peril. If you are willing to enter discussion or open exchange of hostilities, name your preferred thread and weapon and my Darkling is yours. ;)

*sneaks in and coughs*

psssssssssssssst. raises hand. wants to watch and participate

Sorry AJ for tripping into your, what I fear will be, a winning RP on TORC. Congrats on attracting some top notch players. I wish I would have replied sooner. Not to worry, I will enjoy the reading. Besides you have your hands full as it is with keeping these players in line. *zips lip*

I WILL be reading every word.

*sneaks back out again*

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Amethyst Jade » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:12 pm

psst... rwhen... *shifty eyes* email me...

Haha... an award? I'm just going for some good ol' fun and writing. =]

EDIT: Great post, SB, though Mordarius really does want Sauron to return, even f he knows he can't. Mordarius feels that theer is another, more powerful out there, not himself, but he is willing to find it. An email is on the way... =]
Amethyst Jade
Shield Bearer

Postby nienor-niniel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:23 pm

Oh, AJ, the denial can be full rethoric to convince Hades to go out and look for.... well I think you know for whom ;)

rwhen... I saw you applied in Isles of Ice too, so I hope it won't be too late one of these days for some other RP if you want to participate... anyway, I don't really know where to catch you, but I think I might be around for some more play... one of these days.
nienor-niniel
Ranger of the North

Postby SmaugsBane » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:28 pm

Sorry to trip things up a bit with my post before I discussed it with you all. I was just so excited after reading the thread so far...

Nin, the edits are fine. They'll help leave things a bit more ambiguous, which is how I want Mordorius to be viewed at the moment, anyway. More mysterious than concrete.

Therefore, I will not discuss his details in this thread. I'll confer with AJ, for now, at least until I get a feel for the character, and with Nin, my only ally (for now) via email.

I will get a profile up in this thread, however, I thought it might be interesting to post it as the myth, legend, whispers, and rumors that the general population knows, or thinks it knows, about ol' Dar.

I promise, I won't always be this much of a pain. This is the first time I've tried to write a character that wasn't my own. It's extremely difficult. There is even a part of me that doubts it can be done. Work with me here and I'll try to be more patient, too.
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:49 am

Ah I just love the smell of RP in the mornining, smells like a WC award :twisted:

I am a bit busy the rest of the week but I'll get a post up soon. Leander and friends will be on the move although I am not sure where to go I thought AJ's character was coming to Lorien but we might get moving to Rohan. I just got ants in m'pants and Im ready ta dance here or in another thread that shall remain nameless for the moment 8) Been a long time since I wrote in a fresh thread so any help or hints would be appreciated until I get the camera rolling.

erinhue

Postby Amethyst Jade » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:23 pm

OH WOW. I jsut realized what I did. ^_^ I'm so sorry. I didn't even realize that I started in Lorien. Aghhh. Well, I guess I'll just have ot start where I'm at. ^_^ Sorry guys. Totally my fault on that one. What if Leander followed Oriana out of the forest after her exchange with her father? That could cause hostility, if that's what we want. :twisted:

Just sayin. :twisted: But it's all up to you. =]
Amethyst Jade
Shield Bearer

Postby erinhue » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:16 pm

OK that works for me. Leander and friends will learn that Oriana has set out and will try to catch up with her for her own good. She can take that whatever way she likes.

erinhue

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:03 pm

Hmmm....awards? I never thought of it, I was having too much fun. The other would be nice, but I'm not going to sweat it. I can't wait to see how all this develops. Great posting, everybody! It'll be a while before Meneldor meets Leander, but he'll recoginze his old acquantance when he meets him. :) :angel:
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:09 am

Ah, just a quick question to Andal, AJ and Lith. Seeing as you guys are outside of the town where I've lodged my gal, just wondering if you have plans to camp by the river or if you're going to come into town? Just so I know how to write the meeting that is bound to occur... Faril is most likely going to move on come morning, so she's bound to come your way anyhow. Ah, can't wait for the snarky "get away, this is none of your business" act that she'll play out :P I'm going to have to think of some more or less plausible reason for her to stick around with the group though, her not being the most sociable person in the world...*plotting*
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby SmaugsBane » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:35 pm

A profile based upon what the general public knows about Mordarias:

Name: Mordarias (we've settled on this spelling)

Date of Birth: unknown, said to be anywhere from 150-4000 years
Race: unknown, rumors say Elvish mostly, but some believe he may be Istari or Maiar
Marital Status: Unknown
Alliance: Mordor

Appearance: The legends say that he can appear fair when he wishes. Some whisper that he is a ghost or a wraith, appearing as mist or shadow. It is generally accepted that once he reveals his true self to someone, they do not live to tell the tale.

Personality: Murderous, ruthless, without scruple or compassion.

Weapons: A loyal band of secretive followers willing to kill or die for him. They could be anyone: your neighbor, a king's esquire, the farmer, the innkeeper. They are trained to withstand torture to the point of death and beyond without revealing themselves or their comrades.

It is rumoured that a sword of gleaming magnificence with a sculpted fist holding a giant ruby for a pommel hangs at his side. They say that if it be unsheathed, Mordarias will not put it away unless it has tasted blood.

History: The general consensus is that Mordarias was a high-ranking lieutenant within Barad-dûr, where he became powerful in mind, body, and soul. It is widely held that he learned many secrets from the Eye itself. (This particular bit about him is true, Mordarias having leaked it himself. However, since talk of him is tantamount to a ghost story told around a campfire to frighten children, many discount it as well.)
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)