OOC: Isles of Ice

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

What lies in the Far North?

Evil, lurking underneath the ice
44%
Good, lurking underneath the ice
No votes
Santa, lurking underneath the ice
11%
Quite possibly more ice, lurking underneath the ice
44%

Total votes : 9

Postby Frelga » Thu May 01, 2008 12:58 am

Sil, I really enjoyed your post. I love that we have all these geeky characters. Makes a nice change for the testosterone-driven stories (which I enjoy and contribute to, don't get me wrong).

About Rivet... I am immensely gratified that you actually read through my bio. The dwarf and the Black Bed moniker are both self-indulgent tips of hat to old, old stories. :oops: I'm not sure about actually bringing the dwarf into the story, as playing two charries might be too challenging, and I don't want to have any excuses to avoid interaction with other players. OTOH, we need some brawn in this group. ;) Kunio, what do you say?
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Kunio_kun » Thu May 01, 2008 6:58 am

Whatever you feel is best for you. I often have trouble juggling just two role plays, nevermind two characters, but if you're up for it, go for it. Or you could always have him as a NPC, occasionally written by someone else.

Yes, we are moving right along, Sil, and it is a good thing. A good thing indeed. Good post too. I could feel the weather really beating down on us now, and it's going to be a soaking wet expedition that will confront the island. We'll probably need to look for shelter once we do hit the shore.
Kunio_kun
Citizen of Imladris

Postby GwenElf » Thu May 01, 2008 7:09 am

Incidentally... I don't remember much about ME climate, but at what point do you think it'd start snowing? Given the excess of clothing we're all wearing, I assume there's gonna be snow eventually. Poor Fal... =:)

Frelga-- I'm with you on the geekyness factor! I actually looked at the bios and went, "Gee, maybe I should have gone with someone less scholarly." Too late! :D
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Kunio_kun » Thu May 01, 2008 7:16 am

The rain can turn to snow anytime, like when we hit the island. Or some icy sleet as we row ashore, and then snow. I will leave it to the next poster.
Kunio_kun
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Frelga » Thu May 01, 2008 12:16 pm

Kunio_kun wrote:Whatever you feel is best for you. I often have trouble juggling just two role plays, nevermind two characters, but if you're up for it, go for it. Or you could always have him as a NPC, occasionally written by someone else.

Ah, I believe you hit on it, O Threadstarter. A NPC it is, then. Rivet is just your standard issue dwarf, more interested in using weapons than making them. He's a bit in awe of the scholarly, brainy lot, beginning with Varno. We can use him when we have that looks like it needs hitting. Does that work for people?
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby GwenElf » Thu May 01, 2008 2:16 pm

Works for me!

By the way.. I love how we are not only nerdy intellectuals, but we're also all playing males. :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby ~Angus Rathburn~ » Fri May 02, 2008 11:21 am

This is Hunter, btw :)

Works for me too Fregla. Thanks!

lol, GwenElf, yes I noticed it is an all male cast. Wonder why it turned out that way?

Well, someone mentioned sleet so I thought I'd throw in a spring storm too! Enjoy this bit of weather, we had something like whats coming just a few weeks ago... lots of wind, wet snow and generally nasty conditions. Moved through pretty quick, as I expect this one to. :P

~Angus Rathburn~
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Kunio_kun » Fri May 02, 2008 3:56 pm

Very nice post, Hunter. I take it you're well versed in nautical elements. I'd like to add that the boat carries the materials necessary for a small, seal skin tent; which can be set up once a decent enough spot is found.
Kunio_kun
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Hunter » Tue May 06, 2008 11:15 am

~

I take it you're well versed in nautical elements.

Well versed? :shock: :rofl: No, not really. Let’s just say I have a bit of practical experience plus, what I don’t know or am not sure of, I research so that any terms are used correctly so far as my understanding of the subject matter goes, even if it is something as mundane as nautical terms and the weather. For now I’ll take your comment as a compliment and say thanks, :) but if I ever make an error or glaring mistake in anything I write, please everyone, don't hesitate to correct me.

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Frelga » Tue May 06, 2008 11:27 am

I started a Varno post but got tangled in logistics and research. I'm having a grand time reading up on Arctic expeditions, but unlike our esteemed Hunter, I have no personal experiment. So I'll fudge. ;) Hopefully will be done tonight.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Kunio_kun » Wed May 07, 2008 5:08 pm

Hm hm hm. Well, just posting to let everyone know I am still well and alive. I've been considering the story quite a bit and I've decided... nothing, ho ho ho! We shall see how it goes, step by frozen step.
Kunio_kun
Citizen of Imladris

Postby GwenElf » Thu May 08, 2008 5:58 am

And I'm just stopping in to let everyone know I'll be at a conference all weekend without my computer. See you on Sunday or Monday!!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Kunio_kun » Fri May 16, 2008 3:34 pm

Ahhhhh.... crunch time is over. I think I've slept four hours in as many days. Nonetheless, exams are over and I celebrated today by indulging in a Steakhouse burger from the King of Burgers himself. As I feasted on the grilled beef, fried onions, and... get this... a baked potato topping, I believe I shed a tear for the glory of this nation.

After I sated myself, I decided to use my suddenly plump fingers to mash out a great epic of love lost, friendships broken, and androids just wanting to be real little boys.

Then I realized I had a stagnating RP and so...

I hope you don't mind me moving things along, Frelga.
Kunio_kun
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Frelga » Fri May 16, 2008 10:44 pm

Mind? Not at all, Kunio, I was frozen (hur hur) in the logistics and couldn't dig my way out. Let me see, let me see.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby GwenElf » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:04 am

Bump!! Where are our travellers? Surely not frozen already?
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Solyn » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:08 pm

I know the Isle of Ice hasn't been written in since 2008, but if the people that originally RP'd in this could consider doing it again, I was wondering if I could join.
Solyn
Shield Bearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:38 pm

I'm game if everybody else is.

Use the Force!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Frelga » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Unfortunately, this one never really got off the ground, and the threadstarter haven't been seen on TORC in a year.

Unless Kunio returns or someone else is willing to take the lead role in the story and provide the challenges and dangers (at which point such hero might as well start his/her/its own thread), I fear little can be done for this thread.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Solyn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Too bad. It was a good thread. And I had already started on my bio and entrance. (since I didn't start with the company) Silly of me to ask, but do you think someone could take over leadership of the thread? (Not Me!!!!)
Solyn
Shield Bearer

Postby Frelga » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:33 pm

Heh, I had forgotten how much fun this was!

But, not me! I am barely keeping up with my live RPs, and I'm definitely not up for Necromancy. :(
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Solyn » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:31 am

I would be willing to do some of the Necromancy, :wink: but I couldn't do all of it. Cock-Robin, would you be willing to help?
Solyn
Shield Bearer

Re: OOC: Isles of Ice

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:32 pm

I could try.

Use the Force!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)