The Expected Party!! OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

The Expected Party!! OOC

Postby rwhen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:16 am

The premise is: 98 years after the war of the ring, into the 4th age, there is the expectation of a 100 year gathering to celebrate the downfall of Sauron and the destruction of the One Ring. News has traveled over all of Middle Earth calling for anyone and everyone to get to Gondor for the celebration.

Our story opens with one traveler, who is leaving two years early, as there are other places to see and people to visit on the way. She meets up with various and diverse characters who are also heading in that direction.

What happens, is something quite different, that they did not expect at all.

This RP will be considered RP lite. I would like to see some fun accompanied with the seriousness. All who would be interested in a new adventure that should not bend minds to write or be a burden on time, please post in this thread with a character bio.

I will have mine up later today.

I hope to see many familiar faces.

The main thread will be started once our cast is set.

Cast

rwhen - Fionavar

Gwenelf (Sil) - Aramir

Tygarya - Kitty

Shaggydog - Bril

Rowanberry - Gwinhir/Gilmith

Frelga - Geli

Luthienelflover (Luthy) - Ilarieth

Cock-Robin (CR) - Robin Smallburrow III/Gwaeryn

Armenelos - Mithamarth

Rodia - Possibly Fennel?

Frelga - Pending

Rholarowyn - Pending
Last edited by rwhen on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rwhen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:17 am

My bio with fit nicely right here.

TEP name: Fionavar, nickname Fiona or Fi
Race: Human

Appearance: Not petite, but not rugged either. Long light brown hair, average of height, not plain, but not a beauty either. Someone who could "fit in" well most anywhere, except a dwarf convention :P. She wears colors of blue, silver and black. Her weapons are a staff and short blade. Utility boots, leggings, tunic and long black overcoat with her family crest on the back, which her hair usually covers would be her wardrobe. Eyes are deep brown with flecks of gold, complexion fair.

History: Her home is Lake Evendim. Fionavar is trained up to be a healer, but has a keen eye for all musical instruments and could even make them when necessary. Her musical voice is soothing and she can entertain when necessary. She has never traveled much, but the excitement of getting to the celebration in Gondor has caused her to be filled with wanderlust. Getting a map and having sent letters to relations around Middle Earth, she sets off on foot with a well supplied pony named Caloo (a lady pony). ;)

Other: Fionavar is saucy, light hearted and in some things a bit naive. She has no fear of people, places and can start an easy conversation with just about anyone regardless of race, color, gender or age. She is one that might not always look before leaping and that will most certainly cause some issues in the RP. Essentially she is a kind person, but has a knack for practical jokes, where no one gets hurt. She is clever with wit and hands both.

Fionavar is an old friend that has gone through many incarnations over the past seven years. If you have any questions about her, just ask away. She looks forward to writing with all of you.
Last edited by rwhen on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:22 am

And mine here. Run and hide, I have a feeling Aramir's going to be sticking his head out for this one. =:)

All right, let's see what I can do with this. Ar was my first fanfiction character and as such has a rather... a-canonical bio. I'll try to tone it down and take out all of the elements I made up. :P

Name: Aramir Naregond, goes by Ar, or "Ari" to those who really want to annoy him. =:)
Age: Immortal; he looks like he's in his late twenties. At this point in ME history, he's probably only about 80 or so.
Race: Mostly Elf, a little Man, with the remnants of Orc blood in his veins. He's a mutt. :D
Horse: A tall black gelding named Narmocarca, Narmo for short.

Appearance: Average male height, about 6'1" and athletically built. Shoulder-length dark hair which would look nice if he ever bothered to brush it. As it is, it's rather messy, kinda wavy, and usually gets in his face. Very dark eyes. He has a thin black scar running across his right cheek, which is the most prominent out of the many scars he's accumulated over the years.

Weapons: He's very proficient with the sword, bow, and daggers, but prefers the sword. He'll probably be carrying all of them with him, though.

History: Ar's family has been tainted with the blood of Orcs since the rape of his great grandmother; against all odds and common sense, the line has been continued down to him and his sister, Sicil, manifesting itself in their murky, not-exactly-red blood but basically nowhere else. I have no idea if such a 'union' would be possible in Tolkien's world or what the result would be, but hey, I was 16 when I made him up... He grew up in Gondor and met up with weapons and combat early on; eventually he began training Gondorian soldiers as a military commander and was generally considered a master with the broadsword. An unfortunate accident resulted in the revelation of his secret, and through the machinations of one of his rivals, who gave him his scar, he was accused of crimes he did not commit and exiled from Gondor. Since then he has been wandering, dedicated to protecting people as best he can and annoying them in the process.

Personality: Belief that his line should not continue has not stopped Ar from flirting, mostly harmlessly, with every female he meets. He is generally an up-beat, mischievous, and friendly person, although reminders of his past tend to bring on bouts of angst that render him surprisingly silent...usually not for very long. He doesn't mind not being the one in charge, but he always feels a need to know what is going on around him so that he can step in if he thinks it necessary--and he does, probably more often than is necessary. ;)

Given that he's been exiled from Gondor, an invitation to return should be interesting... :D

And character #2:

Name: Falastor Galathil, Fal for short
Race: Man

Appearance: About 5'9" and average build; he does a lot of travelling so he's in relatively good shape. Short(ish), dirty blonde, wavy hair; hazel eyes and tan skin. He could easily be lost in a crowd as there's nothing terribly distinct about him, except for the fact that he's always carrying (and dropping) way too much stuff.

History: Fal was abandoned as an infant and picked up by a group of traveling performers who, in a bout of uncharacteristic cruelty, decided that, rather than give him a good Gondorian name, they would name him after the hero of the play they were currently performing—Galathil, the brother of Celeborn of Lorien. Fal later took a new first name, but Galathil stuck as his surname. In addition to giving him this unfortunate name, the troop also raised and trained him. Unfortunately, all the training in the world could not make up for his inherent lack of musical and theatrical talent, and more often than not he ran off during performances to explore and chat with the locals. After a while he started collecting maps of the surrounding area from each town they visited and put them together to form a more detailed whole to replace the seriously deficient version troupe was carrying, which eventually resulted in his becoming the Unofficial Troupe Route Planner. He finally left the group after promising never to sing in public again and found his way to the court of Minas Tirith, where he worked his way into a job as a cartographer.

Personality: He talks a lot, and to anyone who will listen, and about any subject that arises, even if he knows nothing about it. He understands that not everyone's interested in cartography and tries not to talk about it too much, but when the conversation lags, he tends to revert to alidades and coordinates. Having spent so much time around theatre people, he's known to say outlandish things that sometimes come off as insults when really he's just joking around.

Fal thinks that, because of all his travels, he has a fairly good knowledge of other cultures and languages, but in fact he does not; he understands other languages fairly well, but when it comes to forming coherent sentences of his own, he's not exactly the guy you want as your communicator. Similarly, his cultural knowledge, though slowly getting better, is often the result of a rather naive, idealising perspective and the fact that he likes to seek out the most colourful, but not always most truthful, characters in any town he stops in.

Misc: Along with rolls and rolls of parchment and other cartography tools, he also carries a well-used bo-staff with which he defends himself when necessary. He's not a master with it, but he can hold his own, and it makes a good walking stick besides.
Last edited by GwenElf on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:47 am, edited 11 times in total.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby shaggydog » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:51 am

*was caught snoozing in his fav place in the sun by the door*

Wow rwhen - didn't have to wait at all!

*has no idea what type of character he might play* Oh the excitement!!!!

:thumbsup:
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:00 am

Hey....two in the trap, lets see who else wanders in.

Sil, I can't wait to meet up with your Aramir. :shock: ;) I don't know Aramir, but if he is a trouble maker, this is the thread for him.

Shagglemeister, what a pleasure that you found us. BTW...I noticed that you are "red" now. What will you put in your siggie? Regards what character you will play....I like the one that you are. The one you started over in MBoD. We can all get behind that I think. :D

Thank you to both of you for offering to join in, I am certain that we will have some fun, laughter and friendship along the way.

Nin, this RP would have an opening for some sort like yourself who excell in hindering an expedition like ours. You are of course totally welcome ten times, should you like to join.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby ^Aramir^ » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:06 am

rwhen wrote:Hey....two in the trap, lets see who else wanders in.

Sil, I can't wait to meet up with your Aramir. :shock: ;) I don't know Aramir, but if he is a trouble maker, this is the thread for him.

Why do people always think I'm a troublemaker? I mean come on, look at me! Totally innocent here! *Plasters big innocent smile on his face* Seeeee? Oh, and by the way... *Saunters up to rwhen, takes her hand and kisses it* ... it's a pleasure to meet you, my lady. :flirtysmiley: I should very much like---

*is suddenly dragged out of the thread by Sil*

^Aramir^
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:26 am

Pleased to uh meet you?

;)

I think he will do nicely!!!

I will be pulling out my Fionavar RP character, but I still have to remember her password... :roll:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rowanberry » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:46 am

I've got an idea of a character that might fit in here; I'll post my character bio tomorrow or so, after I've seen what kind of characters some of the others will play.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby ~Fionavar~ » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:53 am

treads softly into the thread and plops down in front of Rwhen...

"Were you lookin' for me?"

"Uh, yeah. I would like to take you out of moth balls and use you for a new RP." Rwhen smiled largely.

"Sure, just put me in a closet and pull me out any ol' time ya feel like it, is that the way it is?"

"I rather think so."

"What if I refuse?" Fionavar turned her back on the muse.

"There is always the closet."

"You win."

"Thought you would see things my way. Welcome back to the land of role play, Fiona. Don't get me into too much trouble."

"That has yet to be written, dear muse."

*sigh*
~Fionavar~
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:56 am

Rowan, I would love to have you join, if it works for you. Welcome to the thread.

:bow:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Rholarowyn » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:07 pm

rwhen, I would love to come and play too. Not sure which character yet, perhaps Rholarowyn herself. ;) I have a month left of this heavy school load, but I would like to join in. I may just be a little scarce until May.

Last edited by Rholarowyn on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So True the Arrow, So Steady the Hand

No word in your quiver goes errant,
no thought from your bow is misspent,
no image falls short of your target,
so true are the arrows thus sent.
Your heart with a steady compunction
pulls the bowstrings few others could ply,
your story does more than just function--
your steady hand helps my heart fly!

Thank you Parm for your wonderful poem. :heart:

Sharing another adventure with Eari in the Scriptorium: Once There Were Words
Rholarowyn
Warrior Bard of the White Tower

Postby rwhen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:32 pm

*glomps Rho*

:D Well color me happy. Thank you so very much and no worries on the time thingie. I don't see this even really getting started for several weeks yet to come. I am hoping for some fun with our adventure, but also still want to have it be something other than slapstick. ;) I am sure you get the drift here.

Looking forward to writing with you. *is very happy* :D

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tygarya » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:42 pm

Ok made it finally
Seems you have some interest in this RP of yours Rhwen, good oh!!

Oh and some of the male persuasion...good, perhaps then I shan't change cloaks....hmmmm we shall see :wink:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:29 pm

A thousand welcomes I bid you Queen Tygarya. Why don't you be a chameleon. :P:P

I look forward to your bio and the havok you will bring to the thread.

Yum Yum... ;)

:hug:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tygarya » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:40 pm

Sent a bio for your perusal my dear, sticking to the female persuasion, but going for something a little more down to earth than Tygarya :wink: Although not too far from the tree is the rotten apple :twisted:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:53 pm

A party? Did somebody mention a party? Am I invited? I don't know who to play yet, but it should be interesting.
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Tygarya » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:20 pm

Bio:
Name: Nickname: Kitty (cause she spits like a cornered cat)
Eyes: Green
Hair: Dark Auburn
Race: Man
Height: 5’10”
Attire: Black leather breeches, white shirt with leather corset, heavy woollen black cloak and black knee high riding boots.

Grew up on the streets of Gondor, is street wise. Has a nasty cynical tongue and a terrible drinking habit. Is extremely attractive but not interested, men have lost their lives trying to show interest in her, treats it like a game of cat and mouse. She is very good at thieving and pick pocketing. The only times she doesn’t drink is when she has a job to do. She has even done the odd assassination, especially if she gets disturbed burglarising a house. Has great respect within the thieves community for how good she is. Carries daggers mainly, several hidden in various places. Can grapple like a guy and is very strong for a woman. Always keen for a fight will bait people on and get them wound up . Sometimes carries a short sword, if expecting trouble, and can fire a crossbow. Had to leave Gondor after a particularly nasty encounter left two men dead, the authorities are looking for her. Shacked up with some cut-purses on the roads around the Shire, but that has gone sour just recently so is now looking for any excuse to leave the area for a while. Currently riding a bay mare with no apparent name.

Last edited by Tygarya on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Rholarowyn » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:17 pm

*glad rwhen is happy* :D

I just reread your premise and realized this story takes place 98 years after the fall of Sauron and the destruction of the one ring. Hmmmmm, this may mean I will need to develop a new RP character since all my developed characters would be a bit too old then.

*goes off to ponder*

So True the Arrow, So Steady the Hand

No word in your quiver goes errant,
no thought from your bow is misspent,
no image falls short of your target,
so true are the arrows thus sent.
Your heart with a steady compunction
pulls the bowstrings few others could ply,
your story does more than just function--
your steady hand helps my heart fly!

Thank you Parm for your wonderful poem. :heart:

Sharing another adventure with Eari in the Scriptorium: Once There Were Words
Rholarowyn
Warrior Bard of the White Tower

Postby rwhen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:08 am

Rho, you could literally be anything you would like, it is wide open. I do hope you will find something in your closet to wear for the RP. :D

Tyg, got your mail and your character is great, if you want to post it here, that is fine, or just bring it when the actual RP begins.

CR...I would love to have you in the RP. :D I am so glad you want to join in as well.

Rowan? Have you thought of anything you can dust off?

Come to think on it....Tyg, it would be great to post your bio in the OOC so that others can built something different and know who they are going to be playing with.

All character bios can be posted here and I will have mine up today as well for Fionavar.

This should be fun.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rowanberry » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:52 am

Actually, I think I'll go with two characters, a brother and sister I originally invented for a story elsewhere, but never got to use. That gives me an opportunity to play both the male and the female side. ;) I'll post more about them tomorrow, after getting some kind of proper bios for them done.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby rwhen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:41 am

Most excellent, Rowan. I like the idea of not being tied to just one gender. I have never done two before. Good place to try it out, shouldn't burn that many brain cells. I hope that sounded right.

Okay, all going to play, be sure to post your bios so that we know who we are going to be playing with.

Also, on the bios...they do NOT have to be lengthy or have a huge background, only if it is something you want to do.

Once the bios are up for each person, I will add them to the first post.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby shaggydog » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:10 am

rwhen wrote: I like the idea of not being tied to just one gender.

:shock: :? :clap: I won't even touch that one :D

rwhen wrote:Eyes are deep brown with flecks of gold

Hey, no fair! You stole that! Guess mine will have to be deep gold with flecks of brown :roll:

Anyway . . .

OK here's my exceedingly brief bio, which, I will try to sound mysterious and clever by saying that my character has so many levels and factes that I will be revealing him bit by bit as the story progresses (which, in actuality means that I'm too lazy to think that hard so I will wing it as we go :D )

Name: Bril

Race: human, mostly (sometimes Direwolf)

Gender: male (all the time despite rwhen's apparent invitation to throw the field open to hermaphrodites)

Appearance: when human, average height, average looking, rather long shaggy black hair (had to throw that in there :P) and eyes that were supposed to be brown with gold flecks, but as someone stole that idea, I'm stuck with gold eyes flecked with brown :P

when wolfish, think big . . . no, I mean really big, shaggy black direwolf

His story: for some unknown reason he is a shape shifter. I'm sure all will be revealed as the journey to MT progresses (if I can finally come up with a plausible, or even a not so plausible, explanation. Until then . . . live with it)
I guess he better be from somewhere, so we'll say Dale and leave it at that.

Other: probably will be a highly annoying character and primarily will exist to torture rwhen.

*looks pleased with himself, like a dog that has just rolled in something entirely objectionable and thinks he will be praised*
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:22 am

:lmbo:

*bows deeply to Bril*

I will hold you to it!! *whispers - remember I know your soft spot*

Glad you are joining in. I have a feeling that the beginning of the RP will see most of use flying by the bottoms of our britches. Good. I like freeflowing RP.

*leaves the tub full of hot soapy water for a thorough puppy washing*
Last edited by rwhen on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:51 am

Profile posted! Lemme know if you have any objections to my tweaking of Tolkien's race relations. :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Heck no, no problems at all.

:roll: don't think I will breed with your Elf/Orc. :P Maybe Tyg will :D:D

*runs*

Great bio, Sil. It will work just fine.

That is sorta the beauty of this RP. Really anything will fit in.

As soon as we get three more people in, I will open the thread officially.

*stalks off to think and hide from Tyg*

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:47 pm

rwhen wrote:Heck no, no problems at all.

Don't worry, he's already got a love interest. Or at least he will eventually in his life; not in this RP. His sister, however, might show up at some point. =:)
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Tygarya » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:42 pm

rwhen wrote:Heck no, no problems at all.

What the!!! :shock: Now just you listen here missy!....

*stalks off to think and hide from Tyg*

Oh yes typical...run away :P

I will post my bio up today, I will paste it in the post with the picture :)
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:27 pm

Ar says he resents the implication that he is not breed-worthy. To be perfectly honest, I doubt he really cares. :P

I will try and get a picture of Ar posted, too. I've only got one, and it's kinda half-done, but oh well. :P (Hey, that rhymed!)
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Okay, rwhen, I've been seduced. :P This sounds like an RP I could actually do along with everything else that's going on, as long as you don't mind occasional absences and the fact that I'm TOTALLY RUSTY and haven't done anything except extremely light (MoST/WCA light) RPing in years. I have a Gondorian character that might fit very well in here, although he's quite a bit older than the rest of the characters are looking to be. :P Also, the problem with him is that he's rather reserved and doesn't make friends easily, so I always have a hard time making him interact with people unless they're close friends of his. Or, I have a younger Rohirrim. Or I could squish one of my other characters to fit better into this time period, or I could just make a whole new one up... :D Whatever y'all think would work best. :thumbsup:

(Also I promise I don't use smileys in my RP posts I just can't help it in anything else because they're addictive. :P)

Will you have me, rwhen? Please? *puppy dog eyes*
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Frelga » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:30 pm

Aramir? :Q Sil is playing Aramir and I just now find out? Ooo, and Luthy playing?

I shall pout, because I wanna play and can't. But I'll read, preciouses, yes I will.
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)