The Expected Party!! OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Re: The Expected Party!! OOC

Postby GwenElf » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:31 pm

And again. Fal is very proud of his packing system. :D
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:04 am

Hey Melwa!!! :D Good to see you here, looks like we are actually "on the move" yet again. With two, soon to be three added to our merry group...merry? Well we will see about that too. Come on and post up. Aramir has written you talking and walking with Fionavar, is that okay? Or I will wait for your next post???

Sil. Both excellent posts. I really like Fal!! Very interesting and such a charrie!!! Thank you.

oh and, what's an obstreperous, preciousssss? Does it bite or eat food? ;)

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:15 am

I'm hoping he'll be easy for people to interact with and write for themselves -- he's pretty much an open book and will talk about anything, so you don't have to worry about writing him saying something he wouldn't say.

Obstreperous means noisy, rambunctious, unruly. One of my mom's favorite words -- I remember that word coming up in a story in, I dunno, third grade? And the teacher didn't know what it meant but I did because my mom used it of us kids all the time. :D
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby siddharth » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:40 am

Sil, no everything's alright. Just one correction. Lari introduces himself as "Sidhlarion". But it'd be more like him if he says "Sidhlarion Valenar". On first meetings, he's waaay too formal. (something that'll decrease gradually ;) )
And I think I'm gonna enjoy Fala (it can be MALE! :P I am called by Siddhartha by some ;) :D )
Good to see you Melwa.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby ^Aramir^ » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:18 pm

LOL, Sid, Lari's just asked the one question Ar won't want to answer. =:) Also, I added "Valenar" to his introduction in my previous post.
^Aramir^
Shield Bearer

Postby siddharth » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Hehe, I thought so, Sil. ;) :D

Was the post alright with respect to Aramir? Anything I should add/subtract/alter?

BTW, through which part of middle-earth are we passing by now?
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:59 am

Well that's both characters up to date. I have left things open for Fiona to continue, or anyone who wants to....
I hope Rwhen and Sil your ok with how your characters are being depicted.

Sil- I have given a lot of thought to Daniel's rank, and I think his father would be the type of person to make Daniel earn his place not be handed it cause of his aristocracy, so I think he wouldn't be a commander (general) but something more like a Captain. So Ar would out rank him, if he was still in the military :)
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:54 am

Alrighty then Tyggies.....Kitty and I are about to have a bit of a talk. ;)

Great posts by everyone it is good to have us going again.

I would like to give a few people a chance to post before we get too far ahead of the fair and they are not able to share thoughts. So let's keep it here at "supper" if we will and early next week can think of moving on.

There is enough grist to grind I should think.

Sil, maybe get Fal closer to us? I would like to read more.

Frelga lady? I don't want to go so far that you feel Geli left at the fair. :P

Seldo? Melwa???

and Eari, let's get Laesha and that tall Elf back into the conversation. I miss you. :P

Happy weekend all.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Lithtaur16 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:50 am

Writer is somehow dragged by both hands into thread by small insistent boy who's mouth is dropping to the floor thinking he's missing something. More comical is the fact that the writer wants to be here, is picking on the boy by resisting, and could sling the small one over one shoulder if she wished...

Can all those long pretties fit into even this rascal's mouth right now? I was rolling when he found me. :) :rofl:
Glad I have the day off. :)
Lithtaur16
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:56 am

LOL. hey again Lith!! Well let the boy haul the girl onto the thread!! (or the other way around I should think) There is food......that always seems enticing. ;)
Good to see you again. We are making some progress. :P

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:48 pm

No problems at all with Ar's depiction so far. :thumbsup: I'm hoping now that he's not being dragged clothes shopping, he'll get back to his more flippant, less uptight self.

Tyg, I hadn't actually given Ar's rank much thought, either, because I had to change his backstory a bit for this RP. :P I just imagined him fairly highly ranked and trusted by the king. (Plus I think we're kind of making the Gondorian military system up as we go, anyway!) I don't know if it's going to matter, actually, because Ar's unlikely to ever own up to his past. But he might gloat inwardly from time to time. :D
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Tygarya » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:53 pm

Haha you handled that quite well Rwhen...and did I read a Polgara quote in there :wink:

If anyone new or anyone wants to refresh their memory on Daniel, his father and what Kitty did etc its back on page 7 I think :)

Thats all good, Sil. You know Ar could always ask Kitty for a loan since he owes her money anyway whats a few more silvers haha!
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby earendil81 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:40 pm

Ok so I feel a little like Aramir right there :P :P.

Just to make sure I got things right - because my poor brain is overwhelmed :P. We now have a group as follow

- Fiona ~ by rwhen
- Geli ~ by Frelga lady
- Aramir & Fal ~ by Sil
- Robin & Gwaeryn ~ by Cock-Robin
- Kitty & Daniel ~ by Tyg
- Seldo ~ by Lith
- Sidhlarion (Sid) ~ by Sid
- Melwa not sure I recall your character's name sorry :oops: and i've just re-read the entire thing :roll:
- Laesha & Eilathen ~ I know who writes that thank Eru :P ;)
Am I forgetting anyone? I feel I am :oops:

Work is crazy still managing two projects and covering for one colleague who fell and hurt his head badly enough that he is off work for the next week or so.
I will try and work something either tonight or tomorrow ;) since I work on Sunday :P :roll:
ImageNever forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby siddharth » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:50 am

Eari- Only one nit-pick, Sidhlarion's nickname is Lari and not Sid. :D
Oh, and Melwa's character name is Vanyaire. Though she's still due to make a proper RP-post, which is perhaps why you don't remember it. :)

Tygarya - Will do. Thank you. :)

Sil - Should the Aramir-Lari conv go on or should my next post be about something that happens afterwards? Tell me if you have a plan in your mind. :)

Have a good weekend, Rwhennie.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:18 am

Sid -- It can go on for a while, but something has to happen to end it because rwhen has Aramir in charge of supervising camp setup in her post.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Melwa » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Thank you all for your patience with me and my new character's single tiny post. I'm moving on Monday to Montana (see HELLO thread), so I'm still busy. :( Here is more about my character's life, goals and personality. I'll try to keep current with the reading so I'm prepared to jump in when I get time.

My character's name is Vanyaire (von-YAH-ree) which is Quenya for "Beautiful Sea" but could also mean "Disappearing Sea." Now whether it refers to the ocean being beautiful (remember the elven longing for the sea), or the fact that people "disappear" over it, or that it has "disappeared" from our view, or all at once, is uncertain.As my Alliance banner indicates, I am of the house of Thingol. A younger brother of Luthien wandered northeast, found a human village, fell in love with a girl there, and settled, becoming the village storyteller. My family has been in the entertainment business ever since. I am serious on the inside, (that's the elven side) but I'm not very good at letting that side show (the being raised among humans effect - think Spock but backwards.), so I appear very playful. I was raised by my grandparents. Other ancestors have gifts in singing, poetry, music and even acting and writing.. I can do that a little, but what I really want to do is dance. Surely there can be dancing that tells or illustrates a story or song? Dance that is for watching rather than participating in? No one seems to understand this, and I don't even have the idea fully formed in my head. All I know is that I want to do something different from what all of my family has done. When my grandparents died a couple years ago, I decided to travel. See other local entertainments. Maybe see the sea. Perhaps a glimpse of my namesake would reveal my path?
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby siddharth » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:44 am

Melwa, good to see you. Don't worry. Please post when you're free or when you can. We can carry her along till then. :hug:
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:06 am

Welcome back, Melwa.

For now, we can *back post* to anything that needs to be covered "in this night".

Again, I would like for everyone to have a chance to post while we are in place as we just left the fair, supper would just be happening.

Sid, you might want to start your post with something like "As Sid reflected on the evening....." Then you are not so far ahead of the rest of us. Thanks.

EDITED TO ADD:

Yes indeed, Tyggies. That was Polgara that I was channeling for that one line. :D Good catch!!! (I think she said it a wee bit different, but the thought was the same)

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby siddharth » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:38 am

Thank you rwhen. I did as you said and edited.

Have I silenced the activity on this thread? :?

ETA: Meet Sidhlarion Valenar.
Last edited by siddharth on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Lithtaur16 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:02 am

No, Sidd you haven't. :) I'll try to put something up by Friday. It's just been a busy week.
Lithtaur16
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:34 am

I have moved us a bit farther....

Eari if you want to have a talk with or get something going with Eli :P I left that open.

Frelga and Sil, I left a hook for you as well.

Robin....it is out there for you to open up the thread if you wish with breakfast or a late evening sleeping song.

Lith. We need to get proper "items" for you for this trip. Eventually it will get cold and you need something to sleep IN much less ON.

Tyggies....you can take you and Daniel wherever you please at this point, but of course, there is still much to discuss with the part of the group that have been traveling with you all this time.

Melwa....jump in here as you please....you are welcome.

Sid, I didn't write anything about boys and girls going to tents, because other than an equipment tent (where Kitty is now) we never had tents before. We usually go our ways in the evenings. Your song was great, I really liked it. As for feeling like you are geing ignored by Aramir, Melwa and Fiona....we don't really know you yet, but will in time.

Again. I want to give Lith, Frelga, CR and Eari a chance to "say something" even if it is in back posting, before we move forward. So to all, please do not move us from where we are until we get the word that no other posts are coming or the others have had a chance to post as they like.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby siddharth » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:40 am

rwhen wrote:Sid, I didn't write anything about boys and girls going to tents, because other than an equipment tent (where Kitty is now) we never had tents before. We usually go our ways in the evenings. Your song was great, I really liked it. As for feeling like you are geing ignored by Aramir, Melwa and Fiona....we don't really know you yet, but will in time.

Yes, I know. That's why I wrote it like that. :)

rwhen wrote: "Okay, let's start to organize the camp for the night. Give the *girls* a chance to get caught up," as he rolled his eyes.

Sorry, but I was confused by this. I'll correct it. Sorry
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:46 am

siddharth wrote:
rwhen wrote:Sid, I didn't write anything about boys and girls going to tents, because other than an equipment tent (where Kitty is now) we never had tents before. We usually go our ways in the evenings. Your song was great, I really liked it. As for feeling like you are geing ignored by Aramir, Melwa and Fiona....we don't really know you yet, but will in time.

Yes, I know. That's why I wrote it like that. :)

rwhen wrote: "Okay, let's start to organize the camp for the night. Give the *girls* a chance to get caught up," as he rolled his eyes.

Sorry, but I was confused by this. I'll correct it. Sorry

This quote was Aramir being cheeky, calling the ladies "girls". It was MEANT to get a reaction from the ladies of the group. I addressed it in this last post. So there is no need to change anything. As we all post more together, you will get to know us more and have a better handle on what our traveling habits are and such. Not to worry.

Onward!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rwhen » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:39 am

New week and I think those who haven't posted yet have had the time to get something down. So we are going to move on to either later that night or very first thing in the morning. Please do not move us back to the road again.....this will allow Tyggies and others to give some perspective.

I do hope to see you all posting!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby earendil81 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:58 am

I'm in an angelic mood these days :P... 3 short stories on the theme.
It's hard to summon Laesha in this mind state. I'm working on it though... promise.
I might bring my laptop to work for my break :)
ImageNever forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Tygarya » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Yep all good, I am working on a post for early mornin should have it up soon :)
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Eari, Laesha is pretty angelic. :angel: ;)

OK, so who should be Geli's victim... I mean... Oh, you know what I mean. =:)
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Tygarya » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Ok, I have slowed moving on with a nasty storm, should blow over fairly quickly but it will be interesting to see how everyone copes with being in close quarters while the lightning storm rages and they are all huddled under the makeshift shelter :wink:
Sil - I have kept Ar's replies etc to a minimum but hope they are ok :) I reread your bio of him and it says he's quite cheeky and flirty so I went with that subtly with his smirking at Daniel in reply to his jealousy :D Maybe with Kitty off the booze for a while and in a different sort of mood, perhaps they could play...and annoy Daniel at the same time...but first that chat...hmmm might have to get your email addy to work on that post together... but I feel it will take Ar to force the chat, like last time. :P
Rwhen dearest - Try all you like to get anything out of Kitty :D :D
Eari - Tell me if I have done wrong by Eilathen, just thought I might try some interaction with his character as we haven't really even spoken :D
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:01 am

Good call with the storm, Tyg. I will see about getting Fal stuck in it and forced to take shelter with the group. And great job with Ar. That's pretty much how I imagine him goading Daniel :thumbsup:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:45 am

Great call Tyggies.....throwing everyone together in a storm. :D

Love the posts, Lith, and Tyggies.

Now I have put the ol' noodle into action!!!

YAY YAY YAY

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)