The Expected Party!! OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Re: The Expected Party!! OOC

Postby Frelga » Wed May 22, 2013 1:40 pm

Sorry I haven't checked in. I've been enjoying everyone's posts, but for some reason the site wasn't playing nicely when I tried to post.

Sid, again, welcome abroad. :)

Rwhen-darling, I would like to add something from Geli, but I don't think I'll get to it before the weekend. If you don't want to wait, go right ahead and move us. :hug:
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Melwa » Wed May 22, 2013 7:01 pm

Hello again! Thanks for the genealogical advice, Rwhen, will do. Okay, I have decided on the name of my character. It is Vanyaire (von-YAH-ree) which is Quenya for "Beautiful Sea" but could also mean "Disappearing Sea." Now whether it refers to the ocean being beautiful (remember the elven longing for the sea), or the fact that people "disappear" over it, or that it has "disappeared" from our view, or all at once, is uncertain. :D I am determined to jump in before you move on.
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed May 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Sorry I didn't chime in, Rwhen. I say go ahead. I'm ready to head on.

Here comes the LOTR

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Thu May 23, 2013 11:12 am

Melwa....welcome to the actual RP now.

Fiona might intrude into the questions that you asked of Lari. We will see, but there seems to be a way to get you into the group proper.

Look for me tomorrow or Monday for an actual posting.

Thank you Frelga lady and CR....Tyggies says the same, so let's see how this goes for next week. If ya feel the urge, go ahead and post on up.

:grouphug:
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tygarya » Fri May 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Hello!! :)
I have managed to find a moment to pop in and let you all know I am still alive :)
Not sure I will get time to write a post but in case someone else wants to mention anything in passing in their posts, kitty cant go off on her own cause daniel wont let her, he has been commanded to make sure she get to gondor, in chains if necessary lol, thats the whole reason daniel is there...althou that hasnt quite been revealed yet.
Anyway hope everyone is well, take care xx
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:13 am

Hullo, Tygs! How's life treating you? :hihi:

Well, last weekend has come and gone, and this one doesn't look that good either. It's a busy time at the House of Frelga. I have hopes for the week after next, though. Will catch up when I can.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby rwhen » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:04 am

Hey Tyggies. :hug: Of course you are still with us. I am about to pick you up from the wine stall on my way out of the fair, so no worries. When you can post, we will still be here. :D

Frelga lady, catch up when life at the Frelga household slows a bit for you. I know how that can happen for sure.

For everyone else....yes, I am still intending to get a Fiona post up asaipossiblycan. Hang in there.

:hihi:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby siddharth » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:07 am

I'll be away for a while, folks.
Anybody mind carrying Lari for a bit? If I do get the admission earlier than I expected, I may come in and post a little. :D
Last edited by siddharth on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Melwa » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:07 am

Don't worry about Lari, Sid. We'll take care of him. :hug: Have a good time!
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:09 pm

It'll all go well. We're all waiting on you, Rwhen!

Here comes the LOTR

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Tygarya » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:13 am

Huzzaahhh!! I have returned and posted...haha, not quite my best work, I find myself very rusty indeed, and with a lot of catch up to write makes things a little awkward, but glad to be back and causing trouble :wink:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:53 am

Wow! If that's not your best work, the best is to come. This is an awesome post!

Here comes the LOTR

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby siddharth » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:11 am

Tygarya. Welcome
Last edited by siddharth on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:03 am

Hey TYGGIES...great post. Totally worth the wait. :D I am going to kick Fiona in the rear end and get her to put something up to go with. Wonderful to see you writing again. :hug:

Sid. you too...great post. I would ask that you change your last line from "me" from girl to woman or Kitty please. Fiona would never call anyone, much less Kitty, girl. ;)

Okay folks, I will see what I can do this week.

Edited: Sid has informed me that the "girl" referred to Melwa. It is a bit confusing.

Again, will try to get up a post this week, get us out of the fair and back on the road again.

Edited again.

Okay I got up a post that puts us out and back on the road. Anyone can feel free to jump in at this point and we can follow.

Sid. I changed the wording a bit to match Fionavar's speak, but kept close to your choice of words.

Tyggies......the information about Kitty is probably the most effective plot twist to run with now. Any of the group that has been going on this journey would be taken very surprised by the news. Or maybe not????? That should be revealed. But at some point, bring Kitty/Daniel on back...maybe when we stop for the night????

CR...if you want to send that magnificent friend out to scout a place that would be great, then we could stop and make a fire.

Frelga lady and Sil....I am leaving it up to you to either play off of my hook or do as you will. But there is room here I should think for both of you. Aramir, you seem to "know" things? :P

Sid/Melwa. I left you two with a hook to either get you in the group or do whatever you like. But Sid, you mentioned you were "rude" in your post re: Melwa...seemed natural.

Eari...please continue with more information on your elf friend. That would be awesome and also use Fionavar when you need, I think Laesha and Fionavar are going to be pretty good buddies. :D

Lith....now would be a good time to start a more developed character for Seldo. Help us to know a bit more about him.

So on we go again my friends.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby siddharth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:33 am

rwhen wrote: informed me that the "girl" referred to Melwa. It is a bit confusing.

I thought it should be clear, since Kitty wasn't (and can't be) asking about clothes. But I made the post more clear.

:)

I'll try to get up a post. Lemme see ....
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:51 am

On the road agaaaaiinn! Just can't wait to get on the road agaaiin! :D Nice to see the crowd is back, old and new! I'll try to get a post up sometime this evening.

Tyg, at some point we should decide whether Ar or Daniel held higher military rank. Or perhaps make them equals, so they can get frustrated not being able to pull rank on each other. :D Then again, Daniel can always play the 'I wasn't dishonorably discharged and exiled" card. Poor Ar. :P

Also! If y'all don't mind, I think I'm going to drag in yet another character, a cartographer from Minas Tirith. I don't plan on writing Aramir out, but I created Fal for another TORC RP that never got off the ground and I'd really like to use him, especially since I feel like I write Ar all too often. Thoughts?
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:11 am

Oh yes do, Sil. I would love to see another charrie by your hand.

SWEET!!!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:21 am

In that case, meet Fal:

Name: Falastor Galathil, Fal for short
Race: Man

Appearance: About 5'9" and average build; he does a lot of travelling so he's in relatively good shape. Short(ish), dirty blonde, wavy hair; hazel eyes and tan skin. He could easily be lost in a crowd as there's nothing terribly distinct about him, except for the fact that he's always carrying (and dropping) way too much stuff.

History: Fal was abandoned as an infant and picked up by a group of traveling performers who, in a bout of uncharacteristic cruelty, decided that, rather than give him a good Gondorian name, they would name him after the hero of the play they were currently performing—Galathil, the brother of Celeborn of Lorien. Fal later took a new first name, but Galathil stuck as his surname. In addition to giving him this unfortunate name, the troop also raised and trained him. Unfortunately, all the training in the world could not make up for his inherent lack of musical and theatrical talent, and more often than not he ran off during performances to explore and chat with the locals. After a while he started collecting maps of the surrounding area from each town they visited and put them together to form a more detailed whole to replace the seriously deficient version troupe was carrying, which eventually resulted in his becoming the Unofficial Troupe Route Planner. He finally left the group after promising never to sing in public again and found his way to the court of Minas Tirith, where he worked his way into a job as a cartographer.

Personality: He talks a lot, and to anyone who will listen, and about any subject that arises, even if he knows nothing about it. He understands that not everyone's interested in cartography and tries not to talk about it too much, but when the conversation lags, he tends to revert to alidades and coordinates. Having spent so much time around theatre people, he's known to say outlandish things that sometimes come off as insults when really he's just joking around.

Fal thinks that, because of all his travels, he has a fairly good knowledge of other cultures and languages, but in fact he does not; he understands other languages fairly well, but when it comes to forming coherent sentences of his own, he's not exactly the guy you want as your communicator. Similarly, his cultural knowledge, though slowly getting better, is often the result of a rather naive, idealising perspective and the fact that he likes to seek out the most colourful, but not always most truthful, characters in any town he stops in.

Misc: Along with rolls and rolls of parchment and other cartography tools, he also carries a well-used bo-staff with which he defends himself when necessary. He's not a master with it, but he can hold his own, and it makes a good walking stick besides.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:34 am

Oh, look at all the posts! We are pleased. :)

It does seem like we all get the writing bug at the same time. Which is awesome. Except I am such a slow poke, by the time I figure out what to write, everyone else has moved on.

Yes, that's my excuse, why? :oops:

Sil, there's no such thing as too much Ar. Just saying. And oh, another circus brat? Kewl!
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby rwhen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:41 am

Sil, I :heart: him already!!!

And look who came out from under the covers? At least we also tend to have long periods of lag time....you should have time to get something in on this particular part if you like Frelga lady!! *sigh* Missing you already. :hug:

I have a feeling the Tyggies / Kitty / Katherine plot is going to take a bit. ;) :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:43 am

Perhaps Geli can extract his hidden theatrical potential, but I don't think he has any. :D

Edit: I've edited him into my bio space on the first page, so it'll be easy to find in the future.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby siddharth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:17 pm

Welcome Fala!
Welcome back Sil and Frelga!

Made a post. If any of you post the next post from the point of view of the main troupe, you can write Lari and this new girl arriving there. Because there isn't much to write about the ride, except Vanyaire's continuous commentary. ;) :P
Last edited by siddharth on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Frelga » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:25 pm

Sid, did I miss the intro for your new character? Who's the girl?
:oops:
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Tygarya » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:48 pm

[quote="GwenElf"
Tyg, at some point we should decide whether Ar or Daniel held higher military rank. Or perhaps make them equals, so they can get frustrated not beingable to pull rank on each other. :D Then again, Daniel can always play the 'I wasn't dishonorably discharged and exiled" card. Poor Ar. :P[/quote]

Hmmm well to be honest I hadnt given his rank much thought, only so far as he gets his high rank because he's a Lords son. Although he is good with a sword etc hence the ego , so I dont know what sort of rank he would get only that it would be fairly high as his father is quite wealthy.
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:35 am

siddharth wrote:Welcome Fala!
Welcome back Sil and Frelga!

Made a post. If any of you post the next post from the point of view of the main troupe, you can write Lari and this new girl arriving there. Because there isn't much to write about the ride, except Vanyaire's continuous commentary. ;) :P

And Sil, we might have a bit of fun with interchanged names. Read my post to know what I mean ... ;)

Fal, not Fala. It is a man sort of person. ;)

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rwhen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:38 am

Frelga wrote:Sid, did I miss the intro for your new character? Who's the girl?
:oops:

Um, actually it is Melwa from TORC who made a small post not that long ago, but didn't leave a name or charrie description here. All okay, but it is a tad confusing. Sid has written to Melwa and told her that he has "written" for her and I hope that she comes back, otherwise we move on.

Clear as a brick wall now?? :P :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Frelga » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:07 am

Oh, I see! Sorry, sid! In my defense, I did figure out that you were talking to Melwa's charrie in the last post.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby siddharth » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:04 am

Not ta worry Frelga! :D And good to know that. I also thought it was clear, since she was the one asking about clothes. But I was wrong. :D

I mailed Melwa last night (TORC time) and she hasn't replied yet (she does take a little time). I have given the "message" in one of the other threads she frequently visits. Hopefully it'll bring her back here. I hope so. :)

rwhen wrote:Um, actually it is Melwa from TORC who made a small post not that long ago, but didn't leave a name or charrie description here.

She did leave a name. Vanyaire. In a post at the top of this page. :)

Where's CR, by the way?
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Melwa » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:33 am

Hi! Wow, activity at last on this thread! I thought I left a character bio on this OCC thread a while ago? I'll dig that out. I'm used to acting improv, which means we only use like, one line and then the other character responds. I'll have to get used to this writing improv thing . . . I'm not even at home right now, but I'll see about churning out a new post soon! (the not being at home explains why I haven't checked the Melwa-mail, either. Bye!
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby ^Aramir^ » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:49 pm

Posted! Sid, please let me know if I should rewrite any of Lari's responses or actions.
^Aramir^
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)