The Expected Party!! OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby GwenElf » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:02 am

Yay, Luthy's here!! *Glomp*

And Frelga, you should join!! I mean, you're only in..what? 8 other RPs? ;) What's one more!!

:D

I'll be sure to send Ar your way whenever he's got time off. Actually.. Sil thrusts him at Frelga. Ar, you remember Frelga, right? Geli's writer? Ar turns an amazing shade of white-then-green and tries his very best to look like he's glad to meet Frelga.

=:)
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:05 am

Luthy, I would be more than happy to have you join our little diverse group. I think this is going to be fun. So get your bio up and dusted off so we can know you. Thank you and I look forward to you joining in. (whispers - from one smilie adict to another, no worries if emoties sneak in, sometimes they are absolutely essential, especially when writing tongue-in-cheek) ;) <------ see, like that. :P <-------- and that. I'll stop now.

Okay peoples, we are getting close. Just a note to all, this RP is not going to be stressful at all, or should not be. Post when you can, if that is once a day or once a week, it will all be good. We will take you along with us, regardless. So breathe deep and have a chocolate bar or rum and coke, whatever turns you on. :D:D:D

Main thread will be up no later than Monday, still want to give people time to think and prepare.

I give you all one big sloppy smooch and :hug:
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rowanberry » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:23 am

OK, here are the innocent n00bs in adventure for this story:

Gwinhir
Human, male, 28 years

Gilmith
Human, female, 25 years

Gwinhir and Gilmith come from a rather well-off merchant family in Fornost, where their grandparents moved from Dol Amroth some fifty years earlier, when the old northern capital had been rebuilt and was quickly growing. Gwinhir is the heir of his father's business, and already actively working in it; Gilmith is primarily supposed to marry a scion of some other wealthy bourgeois family, but she has as well what it would take to run a business by herself. Their life so far has been rather sheltered, but they aren't quite helpless; Gwinhir can well wield the sword that he carries on his business trips, and Gilmith, who was a bit of a tomboy as a child, did sometimes get into fights with the neighbourhood boys, and stood her ground very well. :wink:

They are of as pure a Númenórean descent as Gondorians can be; both are tall, dark-haired and grey-eyed.

For the Centennial celebration, they're going to travel to their uncle who is taking care of a branch of the family business in Minas Tirith.

If I can come up with anything new about them, I'll add it here.
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby rwhen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:30 am

Great bio for the twins Rowanberry!!

Can't wait to see how your characters will play out in the fun and games.

:D:D:D Looking forward to it.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:14 pm

GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:28 pm

I'm sorry, I haven't thought up any characters yet. I've been bone tired, as they've been working me at my job like you wouldn't believe. Lots of overtime.

I've been thinking of either a hobbit or a descendant of the Beornings. Even an Eagle, like I play in another RP. But I haven't decided yet. If only I could get my poor brain in order. I'll try to think up something for you, Rhwen. :pull:
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:22 am

No worries CR. This is not going to start immediately and being RP lite, I want people to not stress over the RP in the least. Life always comes first. I have to keep that in perspective as well. But I will look forward to seeing your charrie when you are ready.

Sil, great pic. Did you do that yourself?

I have a piccie, or I should say I used to have a piccie of Fionavar that was drawn by Aglanor formerly of TORC, but all he can find of it is a black and white and the color was so lovely. So the one in the Fionavar siggie will stand as my piccie.

:D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:55 am

Yes, I did. Ar was kind enough to stand still long enough for me to sketch him.. at least from the shoulders up. :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:09 am

I don't think that I'll even try to find a picture about my characters - but then, everybody can picture them in their own mind. :wink:
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry

Postby rwhen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Hey, a little birdie told me that MAYBE....POSSIBLY....someone who knows Ar will be playing with us. *nod* <----------stolen from Sil. Don't wanna jump the gun or anything, but we shall see.

:D:D:D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby ^Aramir^ » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:33 pm

*Anticipatory twitch*
^Aramir^
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:37 pm

From what I hear, you oughta twitch.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby ^Aramir^ » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:58 pm

I would, but I'm too distracted right now by my username, which is suddenly red... :shock:

I had no idea someone liked me that much! :D
^Aramir^
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:59 pm

Well I am not surprised, you are imminently lovable.

Now, back to the mysterous Ar rival........

READ

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby ^Aramir^ » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:24 pm

You've got me seriously antsy, and that's hard to do! Tell me tell me tell me!!

Ar drops down in a corner of the green room and awaits the arrival of the mysterious new player, wondering as he waits whether he could get rwhen to spill the secret if he were to flirt enough.
Last edited by ^Aramir^ on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
^Aramir^
Shield Bearer

Postby ~Fionavar~ » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:33 pm

Fiona enters the green room and notes a male sitting in the corner. She sniffs the air and turns her eyes to crystaline. Sauntering over, she sits in in front of him in an intricate cross legged fashion that always confounded the opposite gender.

"The way to da muse is through me," her small thumb pointed to her chest. "Rwhen is hardly seducible," she winked, "but I could be convinced. See I know what goes on in that rat trap of hers, all you need to do is......."

The voice is silenced as a zipper appears over the lips of Fionavar.
~Fionavar~
Shield Bearer

Postby ^Aramir^ » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:46 pm

Ar was somewhat less than startled when the woman's mouth was suddenly zipped shut without any warning. He considered reaching out and unzipping it, but he'd been around enough characters to recognize author antics when he saw them.

"She zips your mouth shut, huh? Mine just threatens to delete me when I don't behave." He grinned slyly. "Which is, of course, all the time."
^Aramir^
Shield Bearer

Postby Rodia » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:43 am

I did NOT know you had an RP lite, Rwhen. I am going to have to fire my assistant.

*creates assistant, gives him extensive background, chooses a still from a movie to depict him, berates him for being completely out of it, fires him*
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:09 pm

rwhen wrote:Hey, a little birdie told me that MAYBE....POSSIBLY....someone who knows Ar will be playing with us. *nod* <----------stolen from Sil. Don't wanna jump the gun or anything, but we shall see.

:D:D:D

I don't want to jump the gun, either, but it is possible that Rwhen meant... her? In which case, I can't imagine why anyone should be at all nervous. :whistle:

ETA: Geli's bio is here. She can be traveling to the celebration to be part of entertainment, if the company will have her.
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby ^Aramir^ » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:51 pm

*Twitch twitch twitch*

*Runs and hides, or rather, attempts to do so, only to find that the door is locked*

Sil! Luthy! Someone help me! :shock:
^Aramir^
Shield Bearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Here's a proposed bio -- what do y'all think?

Name: Ilarieth

Race: Gondorian

Appearance: Long dark hair which she wears in a single thick braid down her back; certainly not a pretty face, but an unusual one -- eyes too far apart to be pretty, a thin, sharp nose, and a pointy cleft chin. She's rather vain of her eyes, which are brown. She's not chubby but certainly not slender either -- a bit stocky, maybe plump, in a soft way rather than a muscular way.

Weapons: She carries a dagger, which makes her feel safer but which she has no training with, and a small roll of poisoned needles, which she has no means of shooting but which she likes to think she'd be able to stab a captor with.

History: Ilarieth grew up in Minas Tirith. Her father worked for the King, several bureaucratic levels down, of course, as one of a team of overworked, underappreciated archivists, or so he always complained. Her mother worked as a maid in the palace until they were married. She has one older sister who calls her Illy, much to her chagrin, and three younger sisters; all four of them are already married. Sick and tired of being the last child to "grow up", she managed to bribe her way into a job doing domestic duties for a group of messengers and left the city. Sometime after they reached Eriador she found she was ALSO sick and tired of doing work for other people who don't appreciate it, stole some supplies, and ran off.

Personality: Ilarieth, at least partly due to her sisters' better grip of social graces, always feels the need to be the center of attention, whether that attention is negative or positive. She tries to be friends with everyone but often ends up making herself a nuisance. After she left the messengers, she began to wander from town to town, playing either "wise woman" or "lost, hurt, confused maiden", depending on the people she meets. This way, she is able to be the center of attention most of the time, and people clothe and feed her, and she doesn't even have to act up to get it! She's been planning to go back to Gondor eventually, but while she feels comfortable journeying alone from town to town, she doesn't really know how to get back to Minas Tirith and doesn't think she'd make it on her own.
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:55 pm

I have a character, or rather two. I said I wanted a hobbit, or a Beorning, or maybe an eagle. I'm playing a Beorning elsewhere, so I'll have a hobbit and an Eagle here.

Name: Robin Smallburrow III
Nickname: Cock-Robin
Race: Hobbit

History: Cock-Robin has been following his dream, exploring and seeking adventure all his life. In his travels, he has befriended an Eagle, one of the descendants of Gwaihir the Windlord, and they have traveled extensively. They were attracted to the festival, so will be there.

I'll put up a bio for the eagle when I figure out a name for him.
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Tygarya » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:59 pm

So which characters are planning to start with Fionavar?
and which characters are planning on getting picked up and involved along the way??

Myself will be 'bumped into' along the way i foresee :)
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:05 pm

I found the name for my Eagle:

Name: Gwaeryn (Wind-Chaser)
Race: Eagles of the North
Appearance: Like most of the Eagles, think Golden Eagle, but larger.

History: Gwaeryn is a descendant of Gwaihir the Windlord. He has developed a friendship with the hobbit known as Cock-Robin.

Sorry for the short bios, Rhwen. I'll develop it as I go along. Here's a pic:

Gwaeryn
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby GwenElf » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:18 pm

Ar'll need to be picked up along the way. He's got no reason to be heading for Gondor as is.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:41 pm

Illy (:P) could be either picked up along the way or could start out with Fionavar; whatever everyone thinks is best could be made to fit her since I just made her up at about 3 this morning. :P
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Tygarya » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:09 pm

Well i guess Fionavar will make her plans for her company once she gets back from her weekend :)

Meanwhile ..... Kitty grabs a bottle of whisky from behind the bar and sits down in a comfy chair by the fire in the green room

.....I guess I'll get comfy and await my chance to poun....er....bump into the travelling group :wink:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:38 am

If Fionavar sets off from the shores of Lake Evendim and the siblings from Fornost, they might come across each other in a rather early stage.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:25 am

Hello one and all. Glad you are still here and interested.

Let me address each of your questions and make greetings. :D

Welcome Geli and Frelga, I am thrilled to see you make it in and the fact that Ar is twitchy is a bonus of course. ;) You did not jump the shark OR the gun. Correct on all accounts.

Ro? You gonna really pounce on in here? Yahooo!! This will be very laid back (not that we won't encounter baddies or anything) and easy on the brain. At least that is the plan.

Tyg, I will start at Lake Evendim and as Rowan said, Fornost is close. She will start off for sure with Bril...our shaggliemiester and hope to catch the twins fairly soon. I will check the map, but she will be making in a general southeasterly direction towards the Old Forest and circumstances will cause *them* (meaning whomever checks in by then) to turn to the South heading towards Bree and we shall see what happens. Anyone welcome to jump on in anytime.

CR, thanks for your bio's...you will have two characters then? Your Eagle as well as your hobbit? Excellent. I love the flying friends.

Welcome Ilarieth...I will resist the urge to call your Illy :P Tho it might be fun. Your bio is great.

Anyone who wants to start out, Fiona intends to stop for supplies at the stables close to her hometown. Remember there is a celebration to be forthcoming for the 100 year celebration, so notices are already posted all over in ever major town, unless someone has been living under a carrock, they will have most likely have heard the news and if possible planning to go anyway, except you outcast types. :D

So Luthy, you could easily start from the stables, same with Geli and we should hit the Old Forrest no TOO far into the RP which also would give CR a chance to jump. Ar and Kitty, hit us with your best shot. :D:D

We will be stopping at taverns, inns, stables, stores facilities, bathing locations, fairs, meeting with other caravans.....anything goes, as long as it is Tolkien and Middle Earth savvy.

I will put up the first post today, or if things do not cooperate with me, tomorrow at the latest.

*bows deeply* Later.

If I didn't call out someone specifically, I sure meant to. And I will get to you.

Like for instance Ro....need a bio on ya and Rho, I would still love to see you join in with us. :hug: you BOTH.

Okay, I am really leaving this time. See how it gets, ya try to leave and that nasty voice in your head keeps drawing you back again.

before leaving, rwhen remembers to remove the zipper from Fiona's mouth

Now she is your problem!!
Last edited by rwhen on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:48 am

Tyg did post her bio. It's here.

Yay, starting soon! :clap:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)