The Expected Party!! OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby shaggydog » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:10 am

bathing locations??? :shock:

*slinks under the couch and whimpers softly*

You know of course rwhen that any successful attempts at bathing Bril will be immediately followed by his rolling in the nearest dead thing :angel:
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:14 am

I am counting on it. :oops:

You KNOW ... MOST canine sorts LOVE to frolick in the water...so Fiona is bright enough to combine fun with bathing. ;) She will only tolerate foul stench for so long. Just sayin'. Shaggy, I will write you in to the first post, hope that works for you. I think you can trust me enough to not misuse you *whispers, like I have in the past* :D:D:D :hug: It will go fine.

I am in Word at this moment writing my first post. So hang on to your britches and get those mice rattling on your brainmills. I can smell ya from HERE.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby shaggydog » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:31 am

Ah, fair rwhen, you have never misused me and only ever been my first true TORC friend :D Write away, dear lady (I kind of would like to see Bril misused a bit, or perhaps, being brought to heel would be more apt )

And if you can smell me from away over there, think I better hit a Boots and buy a new brand of deoderant :shock:
shaggydog
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:56 pm

Okay Shaggy, I have done my worst to you for a gentle start.

Ladies and gents, the thread awaits you. Hope that you approve of our humble beginning and will see a way into the thread.

A word on rwhen...oh, that would be ME. You can take me anywhere in a post with you, just don't be surprised how I take you back again. Other than derailing the original intent of the thread, I am pretty much open. So have away and have fun.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tygarya » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:49 pm

Surely did Gwen :)

I think I maybe found in the woods somewhere......maybe close to Bree....so I'm a little away from posting with you lot, but doesn't mean I can't do my own story till then :wink: :P
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:04 pm

Hey, Tyg. No problemo, you can post at will here, that way we can get to know you better too. Bree is a great place for hooking up. :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:06 pm

I don't think I've properly said hello, shaggydog -- hello! :D They call me Luthy usually, or "hey you"; do you have a nickname?

Ilarieth can be anywhere anywhen, pretty much. I can stick her in Bree if that'd be easiest. Maybe she and Kitty could fall in before Fionavar even gets there. Or I could put her somewhere else. Whatever. I am easy. :P
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:11 pm

Well, the RP has officially started, so do as you wish, it appears you can jump in any ol' time being that you don't know where you are. :shock: ;)

I call him Shaggy, Shagglemiester, The Shaggy One, Master Shaggy... or just give a good whistle, usually he comes a runnin'. :D:D Alternately you could toss a stick or a side of ribs.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi, Rhwen, yes, it's both the hobbit and Eagle for me. Cock-Robin and Gwaeryn are inseperable. As for me, the two are on Amon Sul at the moment, traveling west from Rivendell, where they heard of the festival. They stopped for the night and will be heading off for Bree or Fornost in the morning to get supplies, depending on what they feel they want to do in the morning.

They may also stop off at Bombadil's house. They may be the ones who travel the swiftest, as the eagle flies. Just a heads up on their winding path. Both of them are quite the free spirits.
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Hello CR, I am anxious to write with you. So you might post that you are where you are and which way you are heading, it could give others a chance to meet up with YOU. It all works either way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, am I the only excited one here? *sigh* *takes a valium* :P

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Rodia » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:26 pm

rwhen wrote:
Ro? You gonna really pounce on in here? Yahooo!! This will be very laid back (not that we won't encounter baddies or anything) and easy on the brain. At least that is the plan.

Rwhen, you think I could? Only if it's really as easy as you say- I haven't got the time or energy for much more than fluff.

Now, who would you like from me? Someone foolish? Someone sneaky? Someone deluded? Someone enthused? Someone new?
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:37 pm

It is going to be easy. I think like with all RP, the first post is the hardest, then you know the drill. BUT this will not be complicated plots that require tons of preplanning or anything like that.

You mean I get to make a suggestion? :hug:

Lets see. If you play a male character (have you ever played a female? *looks around shiftily* can't recall that you have)...then how about SNEAKY!! That always has loads of opportunity to it, remember, only the good die young. ;) :D

I am outta here for the evening. Play nice in the sandbox.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Rodia » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:50 pm

I've played a female. Once. For Frelga. I doubt I'll ever do it again. Just doesn't feel right, ya know?

Okay, in the way of sneaky, I have Fennel, my lying peddler whom you might have seen before at the Green Dragon. :P Howzat then? :P
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:56 pm

Rodia wrote:I've played a female. Once. For Frelga. I doubt I'll ever do it again. Just doesn't feel right, ya know?

Heeehehehehehe, join the club. We've got jackets and cake at our meetings. :D
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:03 pm

Well, rwhren, I've done my intro post. They've taken off from Amon Sul and are flying in a direct line towards Fornost where my characters and yours should meet. They're eventually going to spend a night at Bombadil's house, but that's a little bit in the future. :)

And yes, that's the banter that should be expected between Cock-Robin and Gwaeryn. :P
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:17 pm

I mean, I've played women (obviously, as I'm going to be playing one now... :P) but I generally find it much more difficult and the results are never as good. I'm just warning y'all now. B^

I may bring in one of my men later, but I want to try this girl out first.

Rodia, I certainly hope it's going to be fluffy too, because there's no way I'm keeping up otherwise!
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby GwenElf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:21 pm

I suspect it'll be fluffy once we all get over our initial RP-beginning posting spree. Writing my first right now. He'll either meet you in Fornost or Bree. Depends on how fast he walks, I guess.. :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Armenelos » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:42 pm

Is it too late to get in on this? It's been a long time since I've done it, but I'd like to get involved if it's ok.
Armenelos
Mariner

Postby Tygarya » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:39 pm

The more the merrier Armenelos...just post a bio......we'll get everyone to fit somewhere....somehow :D
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby ^Aramir^ » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:07 pm

Aaaand posted! Excuse the rusty post, Sil's a bit out of practice. I promise, she'll get better. :D

Hiya, Armen! Pull up a chair and tack a bio to the bulletin board!
^Aramir^
Shield Bearer

Postby Armenelos » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:00 pm

I made this character up when I was in junior high school, before I ever joined this site. There are many versions of lengthy biographies, so I'll just summarize.

Mithamarth
(Birth-name is forgotten)
Male Elf

Was born before the Eldar left Cuivienen to the Telerin elf Elmo, brother of Elu Thingol, and a Vanyarin elf who was taken by one of the shadows of Melkor by the lake while he was still a child. Became a Sindarin elf of Menegroth until the fall of Beleriand. Was in the company of Elwing when the Silmaril was brought to the western shores.

During the second age he began searching for various artifacts and secrets from times long past. Spent a lot of time with the Gwaith-i-Mirdain. After the return of Sauron and the making of the rings of power, he disappears. Rumors of his appearance in the far south and in the east have been heard, he may have even made his way over to the new continents created with the Downfall of Numenore.

Current whereabouts are unknown.

Here follows a description from a Noldorin elf who fled Eregion in Sauron's wake during the second age:

"He was large for one of the Eldar, with very broad shoulders. He was also fairly tall. He had long, dark hair like most of the Teleri did, and dressed in dark colors. His cloak was embroidered with the crest of Elwe, which could only be seen in a certain light. He was very introverted, and kept to himself. He asked a lot of questions about the teachings of Aule, and showed great interest in finding artifacts that may have been lost before the birth of the Quendi."

"He carried with him a staff of unknown make and origin. It probably saw its creation in Menegroth under the sway of Melian the Maia. Humans would say that it carried a 'magical' quality. I have seen other staves of similar make carried by others that dwelt there in those days. He also carried a harp: "Erelaelin" which when strummed made a such a disharmonic sound that it could pierce the eardrum, deafening any foes that would assail him. He said that he had traveled into the far north. The instrument was almost a mockery of what an Eldar would have constructed. He obviously found some ruined vault leftover from Utumno and plundered it."
Armenelos
Mariner

Postby Rholarowyn » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:29 pm

rwhen, yes I am still interested in joining in. I've been thinking about creating a new character since all mine would be 100+ years by now, however...

I see Ro is considering bringing in Fennel...

*ponders*

So True the Arrow, So Steady the Hand

No word in your quiver goes errant,
no thought from your bow is misspent,
no image falls short of your target,
so true are the arrows thus sent.
Your heart with a steady compunction
pulls the bowstrings few others could ply,
your story does more than just function--
your steady hand helps my heart fly!

Thank you Parm for your wonderful poem. :heart:

Sharing another adventure with Eari in the Scriptorium: Once There Were Words
Rholarowyn
Warrior Bard of the White Tower

Postby Frelga » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:52 pm

No Net at work + busy evenings = very little writing time. But I'm thinking of a post, I'm thinking. :D

Geli can be wandering anywhere, any village or marketplace, any road in between. Does anyone volunteer for their charries to meet a perfectly harmless young jester, or shall I choose a victim at random? :twisted:
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Rodia » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:01 am

She is considering, Rho, just because she can't be arsed to come up with someone completely new. :P And Fennel is sneaky but hasn't got that much backstory to manage yet.

But I'm not sure. There's a little voice deep inside telling me 'Uh, you don't wanna use him. Try someone else.'
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:17 am

Good day all on the thread.

Great posts, CR, Sil and Armenelos. :D:D All super ways to get us rockin'.

Ro, Fennel sounds actually like a great character. We need a troublemaker or two about. :D But anything you want will be just fine.

Welcome Armenelos, your character Mithamarth is now added to the first post. I will enjoy getting to know you better through creativity. Have fun with us.

Sil, you didn't seem rusty to me. Great post.

CR, I liked the banter between your characters. You will be fun to post about with. :D

Rho, I saw more fires in So CA and was worried for you. Hope you were not affected. Anytime you are ready we are ready for you.

Luthy, YOU can be a fluffy bunny with fluffy slippers. Anyone can, we won't push you. That is a promise. Relax and enjoy.

Frelga Lady, work is an excuse for me too :roll: No worries friend, when you can, I know we will all be looking forward to it.

Regards more people....10 - 12 is about where I would like to cap and we still have a few slots still open, so anyone else wanting in, jump on in and post your bio. :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:26 am

Frelga wrote:Geli can be wandering anywhere, any village or marketplace, any road in between. Does anyone volunteer for their charries to meet a perfectly harmless young jester, or shall I choose a victim at random? :twisted:

I bring a message from Ar. *ahem*

"Random indeed."

[/message]

=:)
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Rholarowyn » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:47 am

Frelga, I'd be interested in hooking up but I've yet to come up with a character for this thread and I'm going to create someone new...

rwhen, I've not been affected by the most recent fires here. The one's I've heard about are closer to LA than San Diego. However, I do believe that wildfires will soon be getting their own status here in the state as a separate season...

...winter...spring...wildfire...summer...fall...wildfire...

You get the idea.

So True the Arrow, So Steady the Hand

No word in your quiver goes errant,
no thought from your bow is misspent,
no image falls short of your target,
so true are the arrows thus sent.
Your heart with a steady compunction
pulls the bowstrings few others could ply,
your story does more than just function--
your steady hand helps my heart fly!

Thank you Parm for your wonderful poem. :heart:

Sharing another adventure with Eari in the Scriptorium: Once There Were Words
Rholarowyn
Warrior Bard of the White Tower

Postby rwhen » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:19 am

Frelga, random would be fine with me, but I am actually looking forward to Geli and Ar meeting up. *rubs hands together*

Howdy Sil. :D

Rho, glad that you were not YET having the wildfires close to you. I lived in Santa Barbara for many years and we also had our share as well. But never where I had to be evacuated like you have, that is scary. :)

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Rodia » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:24 am

Rwhen, Fennel isn't so much of a troublemaker as someone who doesn't understand the value of honesty. He's quite harmless, really, unless he's trying to sell you something.

:P
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:26 am

So I might buy a bum hourglass? ;) Not to worry, like I said, I think a good charrie to prance on in. You call of course. :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)