Darkness Reigns: The Resistance OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Edited my last post to include some Tarryn, but I'm half asleep and may edit further tomorrow.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby earendil81 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:05 am

Well a post that went a way I did not really expect... and yet.

Hope the hook works for you CR ;) or Heather for that matter...
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Yep, it works for me. I'll try to kick-start my muse and get a post put together soon.

Cuuuuute!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby PatriotBlade » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Looked good, Eari! Did you still want your charie to interact with Tarryn before the big council meeting/revelation?
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby earendil81 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:05 pm

PatriotBlade wrote:Looked good, Eari! Did you still want your charie to interact with Tarryn before the big council meeting/revelation?

Well I was intending to but the peredhel seems a little - say - withdrawn at this time. But it may be that Tarryn doesn't feel like having a huge thing. She might ask to have only a few people standing for each group instead of having a big meeting of sort. I don't know from what I understand she still feels pretty shaken right ;)

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby PatriotBlade » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:36 pm

Yeah, the smaller meeting sounds easier and less daunting to write, not to mention easier in Tarryn.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Astalder » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:51 pm

I know this place has been dead since March. Anymore chance of continuing this story?
Astalder
Shield Bearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:05 pm

We hope so. We want to continue. but real life and the fact that writing the council meeting is too daunting has us stuck. We'll get there eventually.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Indeed we will. I haven't forgotten this thread.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Astalder » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:23 am

Character for now.

Name: Ulfr, The Wolf Lord, Old Wolf
Race: Northman
Description: Ulfr is a huge man, a full head taller than the average man and seems twice as broad, with hands large enough to make most weapons seem small. Unlike many of his other colleagues he has short brown hair and beard with a fair amount of grey growing in, and light brown eyes.
Ulfr’s armour is mostly a well worn steel plate armour with great steel pauldrons making him seem even bulkier, with a wolfskin hanging over his left shoulder. He favours using a sword and shield and spear when fighting, but also hammers and axes, but larger than the average due to his size.
Bio: Ulfr’s tribe is part of a loose federation that defend their small territory in the Northern Wastes, north of the Grey Mountains. They moved there in response to the pressures placed on them due to ongoing conflicts with Saruman’s forces. The population of these communities are small but they range all across the wastes, hoping that the harsh climate will deter most enemies. Ulfr’s cunning, skills in warfare, and age has caused him to be a central point of leadership for several of these tribes. The tribes are less of a resistance at this point and more
Personality: Ulfr is fiercely loyal to his people and tribe and very distrusting of outsiders. He is a sort of larger than life figure due to his size and personality. He understands that the continued existence of the Northman is in jeopardy and, while intellectually against it, accepts that others view him as a great hero and leader.
Astalder
Shield Bearer

Postby earendil81 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi Astalder, welcome to this story...

I may have read your post wrong - in which case I apologize - but I understood you were talking of celebration after the fall of the evil one. If you are referring to Sauron, well this story is not really there yet.
We are still in the resistance part; but again maybe I misinterpreted in which case sorry.

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Quite so. If you had read it from the beginning, Sauron has the Ring, and will not be easily defeated. The resistance is being gathered and will go forward from there. But it is very desperate, as the enemies are more powerful than ever. But it is a great post, and we can work it into the story. Thanks for coming in and your opening post. We'll work it in and now we hav emore hope.

And a wonderful character it is you have. You just gave the story new life.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby PatriotBlade » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:53 pm

Careful, Robin. We haven't had the council meeting, where my character reveals the heir.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Oh, sorry. I'll change the post.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Astalder » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:21 pm

No, you interpreted it quite right, it is a story about the victory over Sauron. It seemed the most appropriate way to introduce my character was through a celebration of heroes. The second paragraph is the beginning of the story, not a resistance as such, but protecting what's left of their people It probably takes place a few months to a year before the present place in the story in order to bring my character to where you are in the story. Don't think of the celebration as the future, but a possible result if this quest succeeds. Or, if it makes you more comfortable just ignore the first paragraph completely

I do apologize though, I should have waited for you to look at my character and discuss it first but I am in Afghanistan now (Canadian Military) at a base with little to do and bored to tears. I can only go to the gym too many times and watch so many movies before you need to actually do something creative. So after about a seven year hiatus from here imagine my surprise to see my username still works. So go easy on me, I haven't done any sort of creative writing since high school about the same time I would have left torc.

So, if I am to understand what's going on you guys are having a council in the Blue Mountains. Should I meet during or after the council? Also I was thinking that perhaps the resistance sent some messengers to the north and Ulfr would go back with him and a few others to check it out. This would allow my character later on to field at least a small army.
Astalder
Shield Bearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:29 am

It'd be best if you show up during the council. Remember in LOTR, Boromir showed up during the council of Elrond, a timeline that didn't happen in this particular RPG. In this timeline, the mission of Frodo and Sam failed almost before they left the Shire, Sauron regained the Ring, Middle-Earth was enveloped in a second darkness, Aragorn died, and Gondor was no more. Gandalf didn't escape Saruman's tower, so the Nazgul caught Frodo and Sam.

It'd be best if you edited the first paragraph if you can.

I realize you're posting from Afghanistan and can't be here too often, but if you have time, look over the previous posts from the beginning. I set what happened here quite early. You're in my thoughts and prayers over there.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:43 am

First off, thank you for your service!

if my memory serves true (and it is rusty) your peopple are what was called the wild men, that took the oath to Saruman? And there's talk of us going North. Could we not meet on the quest, since meeting new allys when we think we're done would be a morale boost. Just throwing that out there. Feel free to shoot it down.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Astalder » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:01 am

Thank you. My job right now isn't that intense, it has to do with security on a camp. So, long hours but at the same time a decent amount of down time.

I was thinking my people would sort of have been an a-political entity that moved north to avoid the wars. Up until know they have just tried to keep to themselves, but the Wildmen and other enemies keep encroaching on their territory and while the losses of my people are minimal compared to the Wild Men my people lose more than they reproduce, so the numbers are dwindling.

I see advantages to the council and meeting you afield. In both cases if desired I can field a small force to help but nothing too large without compromising security. It just depends on how quickly the story will start moving now as I don't want to be waiting in limbo while you guys toddle the 300 miles or so north. Although if I wait a bit I will be better able to get a field for how the characters interact. I read what you have so far, but I think it warrants a re-read.
Astalder
Shield Bearer

Postby earendil81 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Duh... that's what happens when I read late after work, my brain doesn't work really well. I hadn't caught the shift in the tale :roll:... strong character that you bring in... I am looking forward to this :D :D.
Just to correct though, the meeting will be taking place at the Lonely Mountain before an attack on Dol Guldur ;).

CR, I may have Boromir bump into Pallando and Alatar as he will have been intent on finding them during the night...

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Editing my last post to include a couple things I forgot last night. :) I have got to stop posting when I'm half asleep.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby earendil81 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:26 pm

PatriotBlade wrote:Editing my last post to include a couple things I forgot last night. :) I have got to stop posting when I'm half asleep.

The story of my life :lol: :lol:... which is why I am leaving my post as it is for now without posting it. I'll re-read tomorrow morning :D :P before posting

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby PatriotBlade » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Looks good, Eari! :D

I feel like mine still needs work. :(
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Hey, I haven't posted here in a while. Or much at all. But I just read through everything new (I'm liking all the storylines :) and your new character Astalder. Hi :hihi: ) and in the next few days I'll probably read everything through again and write some more of my bit. I just wanted to post so I'd hold myself to it later.

Also, I want to ask if people think it would be possible to write an escape from Isengard of some kind without the kind of help Gandalf had from eagles or that kind of thing?
And would it be OK for me to give Eowyn a child?
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Well, actually, Gandalf is imprisoned in Barad-Dur at the moment. It'd be a major undertaking to rescue him now. I don't know where Radagast is at the moment, but he's somewhere.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Lebasi » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:31 pm

Oh I wasn't talking about actually Gandalf doing it, it's just the people I'm writing are in Isengard and the only time I can think of that someone's escaped (in the books, but not in this) is Gandalf, but he'is quite a bit mightier than them and had help from the eagles. I was wondering whether it would be possible for other people to do it. Sorry if it was unclear.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby earendil81 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:09 am

Well Gandalf escaped Orthanc thanks to the help of the eagles. I don't think it'd be impossible to escape Isengard, depending on how heavy you make the security around it. But we have established that the Mouth of Sauron rules there (or at least I did :P :P) since there seems to be a "contest" of sort between Isengard where MOS rules and Angmar where the WiKi leads the dark forces...

I think it's feasible... you're the one writing there so why not? ;) ;)

Just passing by but I'll be back soon enough :D

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:46 am

I gave it some thought and instead of Gandalf imprisoned in Barad Dur, as everybody feared, he is still atop Orthanc in Isengard. He is a broken man, having failed in his mission. So if you want to try and engineer an escape for him, you can. Your idea had merit, if you're still here. Go for it! But it's going to be harder than you think, unless you get help from one of the Eagles I have.

Cuuuuute!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby earendil81 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:15 pm

Oh that is a nice twist :D :D
I was expecting the meeting to happen and there I get Gandalf... YAY :D :D

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Lebasi » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Oh Gandalf is on Orthanc. That's quite awesome; it will probably affect the bit that I'm writing since it's in Isengard. I didn't actually ever plan to write an escape for him, just my post in here was confusing, but if it worked it would be awesome, so I'll try only it would be very hard without help from the eagles.

And I wasn't so good at holding myself to posting in the next few days. Sorry about my sporadicness, I'll try to write something over the weekend if I have time.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Re: Darkness Reigns: The Resistance OOC

Postby PatriotBlade » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Are the blue wizards ever gonna start this thing?
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)