A Place to say "Thank you."

Got an idea, or did we do something that you really find disturbing? Come here and tell us about it and we'll respond.

Postby erinhue » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:10 am

Long as this place runs I'll be here. I can't tell ya how much I appreciate all the hard work that goes into keeping TORC up and running smooth. This place has been a light in the darkness and a life line when life becomes too much. I know that TORC helped save my life, it helped to get me through the worst and it helps me keep it together now. this place makes me laugh and gives me that warm feeling of family and a great place to come have some good fun. I've said it before and I'll say it again :TORC: :grouphug:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:14 pm

From its first conception as a messageboard and information page for and about the Lord of the Rings and our beloved Professor, this site has helped so many in more ways then anyone can imagine.

It has become the catalyst for the formation of new friendships, for love between men and women who would never have otherwise met, it has been the light in the darkness to help those who were lost in the beginning and been a light to those who have found themselves in the dark for other reasons.

It is a safe haven where we can find rest and friendships to last a lifetime. It is a place where we can come and find solace as well as encouragement when our lives take a nose dive in some form or other. We cry together and laugh together. We have become a family like none other on earth!

I was at the end of my rope so to speak when I found TORC. Only through the love and caring of my friends here did I find the help to get my life back online and get out of a relationship that was killing me. I was without hope, without friends, without help of any kind. I was totally lost and didn't know where to turn.

So many have been a part of my growing into the whole and complete person that I am today. Folks such as Erinhue, SmaugsBane, Leoba, PARM and my soul mate Guruthostirn, have helped me to see that I had worth and that encouragement gave me back my life and joy of life that had been stolen from me. I will never fall back into the depths of such darkness and dangerous thoughts, for now I see the light that is TORC, whether it was ever meant to be that light or not is is!!

Now I feel it is my responsibility to help shine that light forth to all the others here on TORC. I know that my life is not the only one changed by the community here and I being a part of it must now become part of that light and caring community. I know I have been for many years now but I wanted to say that we all have a responsibility to each other as the family of TORC. I hope and pray that somehow I can be at least someone who helps another to find their own way back from the darkness that rips at their soul and their life. I want to be a light in that darkness where one can come to find solace and comfort and a dear and true friend! I want to lend a helping hand to pass it on as it were since someone did that for me!

I love TORC and all it's members!! I am so Thankful for each and every one of you!!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Parador~J » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:45 am

Parm...there you go again....doing what you do best....spreading bright blessings and cheer wherever you go! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Beautifully said, Vana :hug: and all who have posted :) :) :)

Long as this place runs I'll be here. I can't tell ya how much I appreciate all the hard work that goes into keeping TORC up and running smooth. This place has been a light in the darkness and a life line when life becomes too much. I know that TORC helped save my life, it helped to get me through the worst and it helps me keep it together now. this place makes me laugh and gives me that warm feeling of family and a great place to...

Erinhue...you can sure say that again...well said. I know it's saved my life in more ways than one. TORC has kept the laughter and light shining bright in my life...and it gets brighter and brighter each passing day...and each passing year.

(I wonder what it's going to be like when some of us are 80, 90 or 100 years old>>>>>>>>>and still posting. **"I do hope FT, Enty, Rwhen, Parm, Vana, Guru, Hue, SB, Fala, Rho, Rodia, Gimli, Scribbles, Leoba, heliona, Took, Frelga, Aerin, Tempest, Sunny, Claymore, Nin, TerryD, Hobby, Oreo, Ugluk, Harvi, Calma, luthienelflover, Canamarth, theredweasel, Gamgee Wench, Witch Wench, Innocent Evil, Isaiah, Cerri, Real Mag, Lady Coralie, GwenElf, Sandra, Drieske, Gunnar, Whistler, Gandalf's Mother, oldtoby, Alys, Bilbo25, fpshimmer, nazgurl, The Nameless Thing, Caligo, Nimhiril, IrisBrandybuck, (can go on and on in hopes many will still be with us) Looks blankly at the monitor and then eyes brighten..."oh, yeah! Ted and Jon!, are still posting. Now, Where'd my keyboard go? Can't see the letters....and the mouse...wonder if it's hiding under the keyboard...it was all here moments ago. Even better than that....where's my glasses?! :shock: I think I felt a crunch when I sat down" Getting old is going to be just ................too much fun" :P :P At least we'll get to grow old together ;)

Like many here have said...TORC has helped in my growth...in finding and be surrounded by such wonderful gifted people. It surly has made me a better person...doing things I thought I'd never have the chance to do and be. Just knowing we'll all be here in the year...............um...2020? Makes me happy :drink:

Thank-you Jonathan and Ted...you guys rock!!!...and you are both my hero :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I can't hug you guys enough 8)

:TORC:
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby legolas the elf » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:30 pm

Thanks to all who sweat for TORC. :)
legolas the elf
Mariner

Thank You!

Postby durinthedeathless22 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:15 am

I am very, very new here. I just joined days ago (although every day since I've spent hours online) and I've never been able to discuss the legendarium with anyone as educated on the subject as myself (it's what I get for living in a rinky-dink town in Indiana). This site is wonderful, helpful, educational, and entertaining :) I'm proud to be a member and I plan on posting for a very, very long time. Hopefully I can eventually make some friends on here!

Thank you,

DTD22
durinthedeathless22
Citizen of Imladris

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Mae Govannen and welcome to TORC DTD22. And we hope you stay around so we can help you in your quest! Making friends is easy here, most folks are happy to help you out if you have questions and show you around if you get lost. ;) You'll go from rank n00b to old hand in no time. :)

I'm thankful for this second home as well. Whenever life or work gets unbearably hectic, I can log on and read a few posts filled with zany good humour and instantly feel better.

So to all the Loons in Tooks' Loony Bin (aka the TVM), a special thank you each and every one for being who you are and for being in the world.

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby heliona » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:06 pm

I was sure I'd posted in here before, but perhaps it was a similar, older, thread.

As Parador~J said (and I can't believe I was randomly mentioned in that post! :D) perhaps I'm suffering from that old age syndrome (what's it called again? ;) ).

Anyway, yes, thank you to Ted, Jonathan, Cline, Vegan, DavidM and everyone else who keeps this place running. My life would be completely different if TORC hadn't been around - I've made some great friends through TORC and I will always be grateful for that.

And because I can (;)) :hug: for my fellow Loon, Scribbles.

*beats a hasty retreat with a large grin* :D
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Acituan » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:42 pm

To all who run my virtal second home, Thank you so much!!!!!!
Acituan
Citizen of Imladris

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 am

It's been a while since this thread has been posted in, but I thought it appropriate to stop by and again thank the Mods for their hard work.

I know sometimes you guys get a lot of abuse and anger over your decisions. Sometimes even I don't like everything you do...but I appreciate the fact that you guys are willing to do it and take the good and bad from us at the same time.

It can't be easy. We are a difficult bunch of children sometimes. ;)

But we do appreciate what you do for us to keep this place up and running and civil.

Thank you.

:rose:

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Re: A Place to say "Thank you."

Postby RobertEvert » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:48 pm

I want to say thank you as well.

As some of you know, I was on this site a few years ago as Edmund the Scholar. I had an ongoing story about my character wandering around.

Anyway, thanks to everything I learned here about writing...I've gotten that story published...or at least, hopefully, will get it published in February 2013. And I have all of you to thank.

Thank you soooo very much for helping me achieve a dream! :TORC:
RobertEvert
Shield Bearer

Postby Hobbituk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:43 am

Welcome back! I remember you well, congratulations on your book.
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby RobertEvert » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Hobbituk wrote:Welcome back! I remember you well, congratulations on your book.

Thanks Hobbituk! I remember you as well. Love reading your posts.

Hopefully the book isn't an embarrassment. It's still difficult to judge my own work.
RobertEvert
Shield Bearer

Personal Anniversaries and Thanks

Postby prmiller » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:20 pm

Ten years and more have swiftly past,
and I, life-worn, see joys that last:
a cheerful wave, a cyber-hug,
a happy bard, with beer in mug.
I do not know who ventures here,
but should your pilgrim path draw near,
hold tightly, then, this precious thought:
behold a place that love has wrought.
Such love for songs and love for tales,
and love for jokes a friend regales!
Last of all, our love extends
to many, dear, and cherished friends!

Blessings and blessings again,
Parm :)
January 2016
The joys of summer

prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:17 pm

Lovely, Parm. Thank you! :hug:

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Calma » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Just a quick note to all the mods and Jon
For your hard work on the recent collapse of TORC.

Thank you all for your time and efforts
I, for one, really appreciate what you all did.

September is Breakfast Month in the TVM!!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 51 :D
LOSSES: 52 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:38 am

Hear hear! :clap:

Even though I'm not on as much as I used to be...I still know where to find everyone. :)

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Arassuil » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Thanks much for getting the site sorted. Would hate to see another of the old-school Tolkien sites die.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Kaya » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Thank you to John and the mods for all the hard work to get this beloved site back up and running. :rose:
Torc once equaled home - more home than my RL one was. I miss those days as much I am thankful for having a full life outside of it now (and that many of the friends found here still are dear RL friends to this day). Even though I come here so seldom nowadays, this place is and always will be precious to me. So thank you for keeping Torc alive. :)
Also writing Arunakhôr, Elenya Elemmirë, Bréhon, Berhelf, Heldred, Kos el-Qadah and Elengurth.

The Dúnedain of the North: The Drake Hunt

A Tale or Two

On a writing adventure with Jaeniver in Scriptorium: Crossroads

Proud member of the Class of '02

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby Ladykat » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:46 am

Calma wrote:Just a quick note to all the mods and Jon
For your hard work on the recent collapse of TORC.

Thank you all for your time and efforts
I, for one, really appreciate what you all did.

Couldn't agree more. You guys are AWESOME!! :thumbsup: :clap:

I don't always get her as much as I'd like, but I don't know what I'd do if TORC were gone for good.

horrible thought! :shock: :Q

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Previous

Return to The One Ring