HELP ! Problems with account, etc.

Got an idea, or did we do something that you really find disturbing? Come here and tell us about it and we'll respond.

Re: HELP ! Problems with account, etc.

Postby Jonathan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Sorry I haven't resolved is yet. Been trying to find some serious time to spend on the boards to fix some of these issues (I'm sitting at a chick-fil-a while the 2.5 year is playing in the play place right now :) -- giving mommy a quiet evening at home)... Works been crazy with a couple of our employees quitting unexpectedly, so most of the work they were doing ends up falling to me.

I haven't neglected the site, I just haven't found the dedicated time I need! Fixes (and new Premiere Membership) is coming yet!
Hi! I created this site in 1999. I was 23, unmarried, and didn't have kids. That's all changed. I'm working on getting this back to normal again... Welcome. :)

And if you want to help out with the site in any way, EMAIL ME or get a hold of me on FACEBOOK
Jonathan
Servant of the Secret Fire

Postby Calma » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:32 pm

What a nice daddy you are, Jon. :D

Keep hacking away a bit at a time.
You'll get it the way it should be.

My Favorite Star Wars Character....

Mr. Cool Himself. :D

May Is Star Wars Month in the TVM!!!

Join the funWith The TVM

CAT LOVERS GUILD Image :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 15 :D

LOSSES: 17 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan Image

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image ROCK ON!!!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Jonathan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:40 am

Ok, earendil81,Ladykat,sylthian,and Isildilmë... Give it a shot now. Seems that it wasn't a code issue but an index issue in the database. I've rebuilt the indexes and confirmed that the query that was taking FOREVER on your user control panel page is now pretty snappy.

Let me know if you're still having any issues. Crossing my fingers that you don't!
Hi! I created this site in 1999. I was 23, unmarried, and didn't have kids. That's all changed. I'm working on getting this back to normal again... Welcome. :)

And if you want to help out with the site in any way, EMAIL ME or get a hold of me on FACEBOOK
Jonathan

Postby Isildilmë » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:15 am

Jonathan... I'm sorry... still not working :'(

When I logged in, I was excited because they asked me to write a confirmation code from a box, something that I didn't have to do before... so I thought : things changed, maybe that means that the problem is solved !

It doesn't bug anymore when I click on "View your posts", but if I click on "User Control Panel" or on my name in the left column of the posts, it loads for a little while, then I have a white page with only this written :

502 Bad Gateway
The gateway received an invalid HTTP response or unexpected disconnect from the original server

What about the others ?
Concerning the Official Tengwar Transcription Thread - VI
To all the newbees, Welcome to TORC !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

You can address yourself to me in French, Spanish or English as you wish.

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:19 am

and today, my name is in red at the bottom of the page... what a strange thing...

And I see that some users have their name written in smaller font when compared to others... but there is no link obviously as Jonathan and Calma have big names like Syl and I. I'm just saying...
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Ladykat » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:41 am

Still have to click post a reply to log in, but now that I'm in......

Let's see what happens. Fingers crossed!! :) Be right back.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Ladykat » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:34 am

No joy. :cry2: :cry2: It still doesn't work. I clicked on my username to see if I could get to my profile page, but nothing happened. It didn't ask me for a confirmation code, and I didn't get any strange messages about gateways like Isildilme, but after 45 minutes---yeah, I let it go that long--I still hadn't got to the profile page.

Sorry Jon. I know you're working on it.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:49 am

Ladykat wrote:No joy. :cry2: :cry2: It still doesn't work. I clicked on my username to see if I could get to my profile page, but nothing happened. It didn't ask me for a confirmation code, and I didn't get any strange messages about gateways like Isildilme, but after 45 minutes---yeah, I let it go that long--I still hadn't got to the profile page.

Sorry Jon. I know you're working on it.

LK

Same problem here.
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladykat » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:51 am

I just thought of something. Last night when I was using my home PC to get on TORC, a link came up to log in. I didn't have to go to a thread and click post a reply. When I'm sneaking posts at work, I always have to do the post a reply thing to log in. There is no link. I have a shortcut to TORC on the desktop on my home PC, but not my work PC. (That would probably be frowned upon) :P
I don't know if that has anything to do with anything, I just thought I'd mention it.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Arassuil » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:38 pm

It seemed to fix the issues I had getting into my UCP from my MAC. Checked both Safari and Google Chrome. All good. I did clear the cache on both browsers. Thanks for your efforts mate!
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Ladykat » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:29 pm

IT WORKED! IT WORKED! I GOT TO THE PROFILE PAGE!!!! :D :clap: :clap: :yippie: :yippie:
WOO-HOO!!!! SHOUT! CHEER! THROW SMALL CHILDREN INTO THE AIR!!! :yippie: :clap: :yippie: :TORC:

Instead of Yahoo I used Firefox. Don't know if that had anything to do with it, or if Jonathan's fix finally kicked in, I'm just happy I can finally change my password. And my premier membership still seems to be in effect too, soooooo.........

THANKS JONATHAN! :D :D

LK
Last edited by Ladykat on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladykat

Postby sylthian » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Still nothing for me but I've always been able to log in - just no access to my account. As for this place, Jonathan I think you have more important things - like babies and such - well sure the whole work thing too :roll:

Plenty of room on the rocker and I've made popcorn for all!!
sylthian
Ranger of the North

Postby Jonathan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:12 am

Isildilmë wrote:Jonathan... I'm sorry... still not working :'(
502 Bad Gateway
The gateway received an invalid HTTP response or unexpected disconnect from the original server

[color=#800000]What about the others ?

That error has nothing to do with logging in to TORC... it means somewhere in the internet's tubes you got routed badly. Random issue most likely on your ISP's side. Are you still not able to see your user control panel?

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:16 am

Ladykat wrote:Instead of Yahoo I used Firefox.

Umm... what do you mean by "instead of Yahoo"? Yahoo doesn't have a browser! Right?

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:17 am

If you can't see the login button... well... I'm guessing you're using Internet Explorer 6, right?

I checked the boards in IE 7, IE8, and IE 9 (and Firefox/Safari/Chrome too), and the Login button always show's up in the upper right.

Am I right in assuming you're using IE 6?

Jonathan

Postby earendil81 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:05 am

I still can't access the User Control Pannel... nor the unread msg or last viewed msg. I don't use the latter much but still.

Sorry Jonathan. Thanks for trying though :)
ImageNever forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Ladykat » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:37 am

Jonathan wrote: Umm... what do you mean by "instead of Yahoo"? Yahoo doesn't have a browser! Right?

I'm sure you're right as you undoubtedly know a good deal more about it than I do. I just mean that when I get on Internet Explorer it just takes me directly to Yahoo, and I type whatever I'm looking for in the box and hit "search."

As I said, it was the corrections you made that took effect, and that's the reason I can now access my profile page.

Thanks again! :D

LK
Ladykat

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:24 am

Ladykat wrote:
Jonathan wrote: Umm... what do you mean by "instead of Yahoo"? Yahoo doesn't have a browser! Right?

I'm sure you're right as you undoubtedly know a good deal more about it than I do. I just mean that when I get on Internet Explorer it just takes me directly to Yahoo, and I type whatever I'm looking for in the box and hit "search."

As I said, it was the corrections you made that took effect, and that's the reason I can now access my profile page.

Thanks again! :D

LK

That's your homepage. :thumbsup:

Still can't access my control panel. (Using Chrome, but doubt that's the problem, seems server side) I'll download and try Firefox later.
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Jonathan wrote:
Isildilmë wrote:Jonathan... I'm sorry... still not working :'(
502 Bad Gateway

[color=#800000]What about the others ?

That error has nothing to do with logging in to TORC... it means somewhere in the internet's tubes you got routed badly. Random issue most likely on your ISP's side. Are you still not able to see your user control panel?

I'll believe you on that, I'm no expert... but when I click on people's name (yours, for example), I access their profile. When I click on mine, or Syl's, or on "User Control Panel", I arrive at this message after a little loading time. It can't be unrelated, can it ? What do you guys see when you click on my name as if you wanted to see my profile ?

I have no problem logging in, and I never had. I can't access to my profile and user control panel, that is my problem, since the very beginning of this thread I started, and it's the same for Sylthan... I think that LK was the one with a different problem when compared to us (that was my impression when she described it), and that could explain why for her it's ok now, while we are still stuck at the same place.

Like Syl said, we understand that you have many other stuff to do ! I don't want you to feel I pressure you or something :) This rocker is not that uncomfortable ! :D

*brings some chips for those who might dislike popcorn*

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Ladykat » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:42 am

HEY ISILDILME---good news, sorta maybe--

I just accessed your profile. I clicked on your username and it came up. Took about five minutes or more, but I got there.

I'm going to try Syl's now and see if it will work again.

LK

(could I still have some chips?) :wink:
Last edited by Ladykat on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladykat

Postby Ladykat » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:06 am

Yep, it worked. I clicked on Sylthian's name, and I can view her profile. As I said, it takes it a little while, but I can get there.

LK
Ladykat

Postby heliona » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:51 am

Just for interest, I just tried clicking on Isil's profile, LadyKat's profile, and Jonathan's profile. Jonathan's loaded immediately. The other two ... well, I'm still waiting.

Okay, so after quite some time, I did manage to load the profile pages, but it took a very long time.
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:01 am

oops, sorry for not answering !
For me, it's still the same, but I can access to "View your posts", but not to my "User Control Panel", nor to my profile clicking on my name.

In the computer of my job, after an eternal loading time, I have this message when I try (sorry, it's in French) :

Erreur 404 - FICHIER ou RÉPERTOIRE introuvable

La page que vous tentez d'accéder n'existe pas ou est temporairement indisponible.

- Assurez-vous que l'adresse du site Web affichée dans la barre d'adresses de votre navigateur ne contient pas d'erreur;
- Si vous avez atteint cette page en cliquant sur un lien, contactez l'administrateur du site Web pour lui indiquer que le lien est mal formaté;
- Cliquez sur le bouton Précédent pour essayer un autre lien;
- Veuillez réessayez plus tard ou contacter le gestionnaire du site.

Merci de votre compréhension et de votre collaboration.

As if the page doesn't exist. So not the same code as before (or was I home when I had the other code ?), but the same problem, indeed.

Same thing when I click on Syl's name.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby earendil81 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:13 am

So either Jonathan has found the solution and let us discover it as a belated (for me at least since I have remained offline for the past few days) Xmas present or the difficulty to access the User Control Panel is due to individual internet connection.
I managed to acces the USP today but I am connecting from my parents' place in France.

The only discrepancy is that at home I can connect to my other usernames USP (Cixi and elenduath) so I am not sure; this is too complicated for my pea brain :P. But I wanted to say that I have had access today so some good news maybe :) :)

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:40 am

oh. Oh ! OH !!
I can access to my UCP, to my profile clicking on my name, and to Syl's profile (I always check hers too as I know we had the exact same problem) !!!! And all of this without delays in addition ! (well, I had a 5-10 seconds to wait for Syl's profile, but who cares ;)).

So I don't know what you did since last time Jonathan, but note it somewhere, it was THE thing to do :D

Thanks a ton, I was starting to wonder if I would be obliged to open a new account and I was a bit sad with this solution.

*runs off to her profile to adjust things*

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby earendil81 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:50 am

Yes... thanks a million Jon. Can't believe I did not write it down. I blame being sick :P

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light