HELP ! Problems with account, etc.

Got an idea, or did we do something that you really find disturbing? Come here and tell us about it and we'll respond.

HELP ! Problems with account, etc.

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:40 am

Hi ! Sorry if I repeat other threads, I didn't find any clear answer by now. Here are the problems/questions I face since the threads were upgraded (by the way, I love the change, except for those few things !)

1 : I cannot access to my profile, neither by the "User control panel" link, nor clicking on my name in the left colomn just to see it. It works when I click on the other people's names. It really seems to be a problem with my profile, because other people can't access to my profile neither. I know that some others have this problem, and I can't access to their profile neither...

2 : Are PM still existing ? Not clear for me. I can't find any PM-gift button anymore, and the questions about it seems to be deleted from the FAQ.

3 : If there are no PMs anymore does this mean that everybody as access to sigs and Private messages ? As I can't access to my profile, I don't know if these features will stay.

My PM was suppose to end this week, so I'm wondering what will happen next.

If all of this was explained clearly elsewhere (like a thread to explain everything what is new), thanks for telling me, and sorry to bother !
Concerning the Official Tengwar Transcription Thread - VI
To all the newbees, Welcome to TORC !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

You can address yourself to me in French, Spanish or English as you wish.

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Re: HELP ! Problems with account, etc.

Postby sylthian » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Well Isildilme, here we are, just the two of us lonely outcasts.... can't get into user control panel, cant see my own profile... can't see yours... can't find any other thread that covers this, can't get a response from an admin.... perhaps if we swear and say naughty things??? Heck I'd even settle for a cranky Mod :D Maybe Calma was right and we really are in the Twilight Zone :shock: :roll:
sylthian
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:45 pm

You could try this to start:

Someone can get to Jon, surely!!!

Jonathan :

jonathan@theonering.com
info@theonering.com

mods@theonering.com

The BLOB!!1111oneoneon....

The TVM wants to know about YOUR favorite monsters!!!111

:D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Daefaroth » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:10 pm

The "Moderators" cannot help with Profile access or the User Control Panel problems.

These are Administrator functions however, the Staff have passed your concerns on to Jonathan.

Premiere Membership (and the additional funtions that entails) is a significant add-on. Jonathan is still working on this. Your patience is appreciated.

You can, of course, still e-mail him if you wish.
- - - - - Welcome to TORC - - - - -

- There are helpful Announcements at the top of most forums. Please read them.
- Need more help? Check the Adoption Forum.
- Premiere Membership helps support TORC.
Aspire not to rapid, large postcounts, for this only enhances the taste of a spammer,
when roasted with the Breath of Death and served with "Blair’s 16 Million Reserve" sauce.

Enjoy your visits. Remember to mind your manners.

Daefaroth *at* theonering -dot- com -OR- moderators *at* theonering -dot- com
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:30 am

Thank you Daefaroth !
I hope nobody feels pressure, I'll be patient, but I was worried because Syl and I seem to be the only ones (that I know of) with this problem, and as I couldn't find any info on that, neither on PM and if they'll come back, I thougth the best thing was to ask, in case that nobody knew we were actually having these problems.

If the Staff already fowarded the problems to Jonathan, I wont bother him more with that, I guess that with all this upgrading he must be more than busy !

I'll just sit there, in a virtual rocking chair, patient and confident. :)

btw, I can't answer to the private message you wrote me, as I can't access to it... I don't know if my email with the request ever worked, I sent it many times, but if you received it, then your answer as been eaten by the net and I never received it. I'll try again by regular email I guess ! Someday, it will work, I can't believe it can't !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby sylthian » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Thank you Daefaroth. I knew the Mods couldn't help with these issues but I also knew that if I mentioned them one would show up :D I had left messages through 'contact us' but had received no response what-so-ever so I was concerned that, as I'd already had problems with the profile etc., perhaps those messages weren't going through either.

Will quietly join Isildilme on the rocker and wait...
sylthian
Ranger of the North

Postby Daefaroth » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:13 pm

Thank you for your understanding.

sylthian wrote: had left messages through 'contact us' but had received no response what-so-ever so I was concerned that, as I'd already had problems with the profile etc., perhaps those messages weren't going through either.

Also, thank you for noting this.

A check of the "contact us" link will be added to the list.

Aspire not to rapid, large postcounts, for this only enhances the taste of a spammer,
when roasted with the Breath of Death and served with "Blair’s 16 Million Reserve" sauce.

Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby earendil81 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:37 am

Isildilmë wrote:Thank you Daefaroth !
I hope nobody feels pressure, I'll be patient, but I was worried because Syl and I seem to be the only ones (that I know of) with this problem, and as I couldn't find any info on that, neither on PM and if they'll come back, I thougth the best thing was to ask, in case that nobody knew we were actually having these problems.

If the Staff already fowarded the problems to Jonathan, I wont bother him more with that, I guess that with all this upgrading he must be more than busy !

I'll just sit there, in a virtual rocking chair, patient and confident. :)

btw, I can't answer to the private message you wrote me, as I can't access to it... I don't know if my email with the request ever worked, I sent it many times, but if you received it, then your answer as been eaten by the net and I never received it. I'll try again by regular email I guess ! Someday, it will work, I can't believe it can't !

I have the same issue ;)... I must admit I'm happy to know I am not the only one ;) ;)
ImageNever forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Isildilmë » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:06 am

Yé ! earendil81 joins the club ! :clap: :happydance:

lol

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Daefaroth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:00 am

Isildilmë wrote:Thank you Daefaroth !

You are welcome.

I did receive every e-mail you sent to my Moderator address, but it appears you never received my replies.

This is why I tried the PM message.

Do not worry. I am confident that when Jonathan gets the PM system up, we can address your requests first and then look into the e-mail problem.

Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:15 am

Oh ! Indeed, I received nothing :(
Does this mean that you had an answer for me ? Or it still have to be discussed ?... :angel:

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Daefaroth » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:47 am

Isildilmë wrote:Oh ! Indeed, I received nothing :(
Does this mean that you had an answer for me ? Or it still have to be discussed ?... :angel:

I believe your very initial request e-mail went astray.

I will prepare a complete transcript of all the e-mails I did receive.

Try sending me another e-mail note to my Moderator account and I will try to Reply to that.

Between us, we should be able to solve our current mail mystery.

Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby sylthian » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Is work still being done on the problems Isilly and (and others I suspect) have been having? I imagine that the changes going on around here are pretty intense and time consuming ... so still 'patiently' rocking :D
sylthian
Ranger of the North

Postby Jonathan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm checking into the problem tonight...
Hi! I created this site in 1999. I was 23, unmarried, and didn't have kids. That's all changed. I'm working on getting this back to normal again... Welcome. :)

And if you want to help out with the site in any way, EMAIL ME or get a hold of me on FACEBOOK
Jonathan
Servant of the Secret Fire

Postby sylthian » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:26 pm

I knew I loved you for a reason :wink: Thank you for the attention.
sylthian
Ranger of the North

Postby Jonathan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Still trying to find a pattern. I'm trying to recreate the issue with another account, but no luck so far. :/
Hi! I created this site in 1999. I was 23, unmarried, and didn't have kids. That's all changed. I'm working on getting this back to normal again... Welcome. :)

And if you want to help out with the site in any way, EMAIL ME or get a hold of me on FACEBOOK
Jonathan
Servant of the Secret Fire

Postby earendil81 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:32 am

Jonathan, would it help if you had access to one of our accounts.
Mine is in need of a change of password - I admit I have kept the same for the past ten years but I had one of my emails hacked that had the same one as here. I haven't been able to change it since password seems to be tied to UCP. If it helps I can lend you my info and then when all this is fixed I can change it for something different. Is it something that could work?
ImageNever forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Arassuil » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:12 pm

If this info helps, I've had issues trying to access the UCP on a MAC, but it seems to work in about 2 seconds on a PC Windows 7 IE. I did get it to open on my MAC, but it took a very long time. I watched the wheel for about 5 minutes before I gotinto another screen and forgot about it. I did try to do some changes and it would not react. I tried the MAC with Safari and Chrome.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Arassuil » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:28 pm

(Double-post-fix) Of course my reply took about 5 minutes before it posted, but I guess it may be because there is work being done on this.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby sylthian » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:35 am

I'm using a pc windows 7 - zippo, nada, zilch... well you get the idea :D I actually switched browsers from Mozilla to Explorer with no luck. But at least I'm not feeling so alone - ya know 'misery loves company' :roll:
sylthian
Ranger of the North

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:15 am

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the computer and program we use, because I can access to the other's profile, while they can too but can't access to mine. So nothing to do with us, except for being aliens and attracting this kind of bugs with our anormal magnetism.

Thank you Jonathan for trying to find what's wrong... I hope we wont have to create new accounts... but of course, that can also happen. If there is something we can do, try, or tell you to help, just tell us what we can do.

*rocks slowly, falls asleep and starts dribbling*

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Ladykat » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:47 pm

I can't access my profile page either.

I can't even log on unless I go to a thread, click "post a reply" and then the log in screen will pop up. Otherwise, there's no link anywhere to the log in screen.

As far as my premier membership goes----paypal screwed that up for me. Seems I no longer have one.

Oh, and as far as computer systems go----I've tried at work (Windows XP) and my home pc (Windows Vista--yeah, I know, Vista sucks)----and nothing seems to work on either one.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Isildilmë » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Ladykat wrote:I can't access my profile page either.

Join the club :D *changes the rocking chair for a bigger one so everybody can sit together and wait patiently*

Ladykat wrote:I can't even log on unless I go to a thread, click "post a reply" and then the log in screen will pop up. Otherwise, there's no link anywhere to the log in screen.

That is the only way I found to log too... I didn't find a "log in" button or link... but as we can log in replying, that is a minor problem I think... except when you'd like to quote somebody in your answer or just to edit one of your posts, because you can't do it until you are logged in, and you have to reply to something to log... that is the only little frustration I saw in that.

And about PM, mine was suppose to expire on Nov. 8th, but it didn't change anything... my old sig is still there (but the pic disappeared), and I can't do anything about it because I can't access to my profile.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby sylthian » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm

**squishes up next to Isildeme**
sylthian
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:26 pm

Ok, it may mean nothing, but I noticed something today
When I scrolled down to see who was on LadyKat was on.
However her name was in red while all the others were in the gray/blue color.
I don't recall ever seeing anyone else in red save for Jon's who is the admin.

Could that be something?
Or just a figment of my over active imagination.
Maybe Isil and syl should see if their names are in red at the bottom of the page.

Frank Langella in Dracula '79 {swoons}

August is Favorite Monster Month in the TVM!!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 51 :D
LOSSES: 52 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:22 am

Calma wrote:Ok, it may mean nothing, but I noticed something today
When I scrolled down to see who was on LadyKat was on.
However her name was in red while all the others were in the gray/blue color.
I don't recall ever seeing anyone else in red save for Jon's who is the admin.

Could that be something?
Or just a figment of my over active imagination.
Maybe Isil and syl should see if their names are in red at the bottom of the page.

My name seems to be in this gray/blue you are talking about... ok, I'm colourblind, but this is defenitely not red :)... in fact when I go in other thread it's the same colour as others. But maybe it's because it's me ? Maybe if you look in your session my name will appear red ?

Well. I don't know what these name colour mean, but I don't have the impression it has a link... but nice observation !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Ladykat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 am

Had to click "post a reply" so I could log on......
That IS strange about the name color thing. I noticed it before, but never thought anything about it. Will have to see if my name is in red now.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Ladykat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:20 am

OK, now my name is in blue!!! :shock: :?

Also, I was trying to edit my last post, and it kicked me out, and said I had to be logged in to post replies.
I thought I WAS logged in.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Calma » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 am

Ok, so that debunked that idea real quick....

Never was a great mystery solver...
Last edited by Calma on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frank Langella in Dracula '79 {swoons}

August is Favorite Monster Month in the TVM!!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 51 :D
LOSSES: 52 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:46 am

Calma wrote:Ok, so that debumked that idea real quick....

Never was a great mystery solver...

:rofl:
But hey, it was a good idea, imagine if the clue was hidding there, it would have help Jonathan big deal !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Next

Return to The One Ring