Advert links appearing in preview post

Got an idea, or did we do something that you really find disturbing? Come here and tell us about it and we'll respond.

Advert links appearing in preview post

Postby heliona » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:50 am

I was previewing my long post about my review of The Hobbit film and I noticed that a couple of words appeared as links to to an advert for the new iPhone (or something) for dropdown coupons, I believe. The words were "book" and "window" and when I actually posted the post, they disappeared. Has anyone else seen this or is it just me (this is the first time I've noticed it) - in which case I'll do a clean sweep of my computer.

(I've just checked and it's not done it now. Another piece of info is that I'd copied and pasted my post from Notepad.)
Image<-- Are you looking for me? It's Squirrel Month in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Re: Advert links appearing in preview post

Postby heliona » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:16 am

Just adding that it appears to be my computer. Or rather the Shockwave Flash extension to Firefox, somehow putting "text enhancement" in it. Other people have had this problem too.
Image<-- Are you looking for me? It's Squirrel Month in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Return to The One Ring