Posts overlapping at bottom of thread

Got an idea, or did we do something that you really find disturbing? Come here and tell us about it and we'll respond.

Posts overlapping at bottom of thread

Postby heliona » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:29 am

This is a little difficult to describe, but the bottom post of the last page of the Philippa Boyens talks "The Hobbit" and some of the changes thread carries on out of the post section and overlaps with the bottom of the actual page (so the writing that says "Who is Online" etc that is at the very bottom of each page overlaps with the words in the final post and in fact the final post disappears off the bottom of the page). It makes it impossible to read. I thought it was just an anomaly when I noticed it a few days ago, but it is still doing it and Wilko sees it on his computer too.

I took a screencap of it, which can be found here - notice how the background has dark stripes on it too, which is odd. Another thing is that if you leave the page open for a while, the last post just disappears entirely and the bottom of the page goes dark, as seen here. (It actually looks as though the post disappearing off the bottom of the page is a repeat of the previous post - but it's a little hard to tell. There's definitely something wrong with the display.)

I'm looking at it in Firefox - Wilko's just checked it in Internet Explorer and it appears to be behaving itself, which indicates it may be a browser problem. However, this is the only thread I've noticed this problem in. :?
Image<-- Are you looking for me? It's Squirrel Month in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Re: Posts overlapping at bottom of thread

Postby heliona » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:31 am

Just to add that if you leave the page open for a while, it seems to look okay, but the background isn't the background it should be and if you scroll up a wee bit, and then back down, it's back to being horrid and overlapping. :x

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby wilko185 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:58 am

Just for the record:
I see the problem in Firefox, v18.0.2, all add-ons disabled, on both a Windows XP machine, and Windows 7. Just seems to be that particular thread. Doesn't occur under IE or Chrome.
wilko185
Mariner

Postby siddharth » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:08 am

I do not have the problem on PC.

But the page-overlapping occurs when I view it by my Samsung Galaxy duos lite cell phone. Not always, but it re-appears occasionally, and not only on the Boyen's page.

Browser is IE.
Last edited by siddharth on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby heliona » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Ah, I should add that I'm looking at the thread on my laptop. Which I've used to read TORC for years and this has never happened before, so I suspect it's something to do with the upgraded software.

heliona

Postby rowanberry » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:20 am

I took a look at it on Firefox 18.0.2 on my desktop, and it looks perfectly normal. So, either it's been fixed, or it has something to do with your laptop as well.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby heliona » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:03 pm

rowanberry wrote:I took a look at it on Firefox 18.0.2 on my desktop, and it looks perfectly normal. So, either it's been fixed, or it has something to do with your laptop as well.

Nope, it's still bad for me. And it's not just my laptop, as it's doing on Wilko's too. Also, I'm not sure why our laptops would suddenly not like that particular thread when it's been all right before. :? (It looks fine on my tablet, but that's not really the best indicator!)

heliona

Return to The One Ring