Branching out

Got an idea, or did we do something that you really find disturbing? Come here and tell us about it and we'll respond.

Branching out

Postby Billobob » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:29 pm

Maybe TORC could branch out and make several different websites besides TORC so that we can have an increase in content and change in content yet TORC can retain its character. :TORC:
Billobob
Rider of the Mark

Re: Branching out

Postby White Shadow » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:51 pm

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this, but there are other sections of The One Ring website (it is really just the forum that is called TORC - originally it's nickname was the White Council) for art and movie news (which is of course redundant now anyway).

Sadly, I can guarantee that there will be no expansion to TORC as the creator of the website is very busy in real life now. What you have to realise is that this website and forum has been around for over fifteen years, so it is a lot slower than it used to be due to a lot of its users (myself included) having discussed everything we can think of. Most people tend to just visit the forum now, not the rest of the website. It takes someone like yourself as a breath of fresh air to reinvigorate discussions. Please be patient with us - we will contribute to your discussions, but we're often rather slow. :D (Also, a lot of people don't post at the weekends at all.)

~*~*~*~*~

White Shadow
White Council Moderator
White Shadow
Shield Bearer

Postby Billobob » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:33 am

White Shadow said:
Sadly, I can guarantee that there will be no expansion to TORC as the creator of the website is very busy in real life now.

Thanks does that mean that this forum is inactive for now?

What you have to realise is that this website and forum has been around for over fifteen years, so it is a lot slower than it used to be due to a lot of its users (myself included) having discussed everything we can think of. Most people tend to just visit the forum now, not the rest of the website. It takes someone like yourself as a breath of fresh air to reinvigorate discussions. Please be patient with us - we will contribute to your discussions, but we're often rather slow

No problem! :).
Billobob
Rider of the Mark

Postby White Shadow » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:26 am

Billobob wrote:
White Shadow said:
Sadly, I can guarantee that there will be no expansion to TORC as the creator of the website is very busy in real life now.

Thanks does that mean that this forum is inactive for now?

Certainly not - as you've seen, people will respond to your posts. The messageboard still ticks over, but there probably won't be updates to the main website for a while. It's the members that keep this forum going, and as I said, new posters like yourself bring a breath of fresh air onto it. I would just suggest that to avoid disappointment, check the last posting date on some threads that you respond to, such as ones in the Alliance forum, because a lot of those posters are no longer around. Resurrecting old threads in forums like Books and Movies is different, because those are forums that are still relatively active and people will pick off where things were left off. :)

The Talk forum is still pretty busy.

~*~*~*~*~

White Shadow
White Council Moderator
White Shadow
Shield Bearer

Postby Billobob » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:37 am

White Shadow said:
Certainly not - as you've seen, people will respond to your posts. The messageboard still ticks over, but there probably won't be updates to the main website for a while. It's the members that keep this forum going, and as I said, new posters like yourself bring a breath of fresh air onto it. I would just suggest that to avoid disappointment, check the last posting date on some threads that you respond to, such as ones in the Alliance forum, because a lot of those posters are no longer around. Resurrecting old threads in forums like Books and Movies is different, because those are forums that are still relatively active and people will pick off where things were left off. :)

Thanks for the info I'll keep it in mind.
Billobob
Rider of the Mark

Postby erinhue » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:56 pm

...and the Mithril Knights are still kicking down in the Prancing Pony. Things do not move as fast as they used to but we are still here and our rp goes on.
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Return to The One Ring