Suilad!!

A place for folks visiting The One Ring, from the newest visitor to the most grizzled veteran, to learn about the site and ask questions about this messageboard and site.

Suilad!!

Postby Ahlundae » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:24 am

Hello everybody,

it´s me, Ahlundae from Germany :)

In May 2018 I will start a work & travel year in Canada...and because I´m not only a nature lover but also an part-time elf...I registered at this forum for exchange, getting information about Cons and Events...but also find some people to Cosplay with :D

Cheers
Ahlundae
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Suilad!!

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:57 am

Well met!

We have a lovely community here! I am not the one to talk to about events and cons, or cosplay for that matter, but I think we have a few larpers about the place. Feel free to poke around and join in the discussion. We also have RP boards for collaborative writing if that is your style. We deffinitely are in a bit of a lul right now, but the Admins have alluded to a possible board refurbishment, so who knows.

I hope you enjoy your visit to North America! I am up in Alaska so I’ll wave across the boarder. :hihi:

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby Ahlundae » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:28 am

Thank you for welcoming :)

Sounds good...I´m also interested in larp (because of fighting against orks :D ). Do you mean that some larpers are here in the forum? Under which Thread I can get in contact?

I´m, more or less, active in a German LOTR Forum and it´s the same there...kinda sleepy everywhere I guess. Hope there will some wind of change one day ^^

Oh Alaska is also beautiful...thinking about a trip in 2019 :thumbsup:
Ahlundae
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:44 am

Hmmm, I would poke around the Alliances and Guilds page perhaps. Larping and Rping tend to go hand in hand so maybe slip into one of the active OOC threads in the Prancing pony (though only the Mythril Knights initiation thread is active at the moment). If you like to write colabritively and have a cool story idea you would like to see other’s contribute to, you could always create a charater and start up your own thread (Prancing Pony board for Tolkien related, and The Green Dragon for other role play threads). I personally have fun digging through the archives and seeing what others have written. :D

Feel free to ask any other questions you might have. I’m not a complete authority, but I’ve been hovering around for a while.

Yep, love it up here in Alaska. Winter has just broken for us and we are having a balmy 55 degree day here.

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Return to Welcome!