Hello

A place for folks visiting The One Ring, from the newest visitor to the most grizzled veteran, to learn about the site and ask questions about this messageboard and site.

Hello

Postby Haeddre » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Greetings all
Well I am new to this forum, I am not new to Tolkien. I read the Silm for the first time in 4th grade and the Legendarium has been a huge part of my life. I'm now writing my senior thesis on the power of song and the spoken word in Tolkien's works!
I try to speak quenya, I write some sad fanfic mostly for myself, make some art, and once made a dragon size comparison chart at 2am which now seems to be all over the internet :/ I've been part of the Tolkien fandom on tumblr for a few years, but I realize that a lot of people are not on tumblr and so I have decided to finally join this forum. I am entirely unfamiliar with a forum setting though, so this will take some getting use to. (For those who care, my blog is contemporaryelfinchild.tumblr.com)
I look forward to meeting you and joining in discussions!
Haeddre
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Hello

Postby erinhue » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Hail, Hiya and Welcome to TORC. this is the place for fans of The Professor and his works. Hope to see ya around the boards Have fun :D
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Old_Begonia » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:59 pm

Hi Haeddre!

Intersting name there. Somewhere on the board is a thread on "Tell us what your name means". :D
I suck at posting the linky thingies, but if you use the Search, you should be able to find it pretty quickly.

Or you could just tell us (me) here. :P

Sign up for notifications to know when people have posted to threads you're watching.

A quick study of the Board Index will show you how things are organized. There's a TON of fun stuff here, lots of history, both of Middle Earth and TORC. And silliness. And RP'g. And Philosophy. And CHEESECAKE! Guilds, Archives (totally worth a day's investigating. There is some really, really cool stuff there.)

I too hope to see you around, tho' to be honest RL doesn't allow me much play time.

Welcome!
"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen."

There is something profound about standing AT sea level.
Old_Begonia
"Old"...hmpf, if they only knew...

Postby Valandil_Eluchi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:13 am

I was going to say Hail Haeddre, but realised that would sound like some kind of obscure Marvel Universe greeting ;)

So I'll stick with mae govannen, and welcome to the boards. TORC is fantastic, and we have a lot of fun here, so have a good search around, there should be at least one thing that interests you, from all that OB has said! I hope you have a wonderful time, and look forward to your posts.

Hope to see you around the place.
Valandil_Eluchi
Ranger of the North

Postby Fabulous » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:12 pm

Welcome to the community! :D
Fabulous
Ranger of the North

Return to Welcome!