The Lucky Fortune Inn - Grand Re Opening.

A place for folks visiting The One Ring, from the newest visitor to the most grizzled veteran, to learn about the site and ask questions about this messageboard and site.

Postby PatriotBlade » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Beryl liked this new girl. She was equal parts quiet and curious, though she looked rather thin. The five year old dismissed the last observation with a mental shrug, knowing that her mother and Vana would soon remedy that.

"Do you know what kind of bug it is, Dori?" Beryl asked. "Momma's been busy so I hadn't asked her yet."

"I think it's a cockroach." the older girl answered. "My ma always said they were dirty bugs."

"Hm..."

Just then a loud cheerful voice rang through the tap room.

The younger girl perked up brightly. "Uncle Hue!" She left her spot on the floor and ran to the warrior bard. "Uncle Hue! Come see what I caught! It's my new pet if Momma will let me keep it! My new friend Dori's overthere looking at it now. Won't you come see?!"
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:41 am

Dori rose when Beryl dragged the Innkeeper over to see her bug.. "Master Innkeeper. Thank you for allowing me to stay here." Dori said quietly. " I'll work real hard and pay you back I promise." she added hastily. "I think I'll see if the Lady and the Healer have anything I can help with. 'scuse me." Dori said quickly as she scooted away to the kitchen.

"I think your friend is afraid of your Uncle Hue." the Innkeeper said as Dori left.

" No I think she's just shy" Beryl answered and pulled once more on his arm to show him the bug.

As she went past the girl at the table she nodded shyly and gave her a small half smile. Entering the kitchen Dori asked " Is there something I can do to help? I'm a good worker, honest. "

Heather looked up as Dori spoke and smiled. She received a small smile from the girl in return. " My don't you look pretty in that dress. Why don't you just rest tonight." Heather said. " Would you like a cup of tea or maybe some warm milk you look tired."

"I'm fine Ma'am but I think I'd like some tea iffn you don't mind." Dori replied.

Heather fixed her a cup of tea and then filled a plate with some slices of warm bread and butter and some sliced cheese. Heather took the plate and led the way into the taproom... toward the table where the girl sat that Dori noticed earlier. Setting the plate on the table Heather said to the girl " I hope your room is to your satisfaction, Aeona isn't it?" when the girl acknowledge her Heather continued. " Aeona this is Dori she is kind of shy and I was wondering if she could sit with you for a little while? I brought a snack for the two of you and if you would like anything else please let me know" With this Heather coaxed Dori into a chair across from the girl at the table.

With a shy smile Dori spoke softly " Hi "
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:43 am

"Hello. I would welcome you to the inn, but I'm not in a position to do so. I have only recently arrived myself and do not know it well. It seems also that you, like me, have been welcomed extremely cordially already, but if there us anything that you need, although I'm sure Vana and the others who you have met will happily fulfil it, I will be glad to help."

"Um, thanks but you don't need to offer. I... don't want to cause trouble." Dori seemed overwhelmed.

Aeona paused "It would not cause me problems to help you. You look as though you have been through much. More than most people who far excell you in years would be capable of." the elf's speech had become slightly formal, as it would when she was in new or large company. "I may in part be able to understand your troubles, though of course not in full."

There was an uncomfortable silence. Dori seemed almost startled by Aeona's words and paused, looking for words of her own that she could reply with.

"Well we have been given some wonderful warm bread. You should eat some before it gets cold." Aeona broke the silence.

"Won't you have any?" the elf marvelled at Dori's concern for others even while her eyes betrayed how troubled she was herself.

"You have more need for it than I," came her reply, but even so, Dori took some and pushed the plate back across the table. Aeona took a little, to please the girl, but pushed it back , saddened to see a small twinge of guilt in Dori's eyes as she ate.

Seeming embarrased, the girl looked up from under her eyelashes. "I'm sorry to have butted in, but I asked Beryl who you were. Sorry I asked. I... I was surprised that you were looking at me. I..."

"Don't worry about it, go on if you need to,"

"Well, she said you were half elf, but a different race from the Vana and Heather. I just, well, I was wondering what she meant by that. Sorry I shouldn't have asked but..."

"Don't worry. You remind me of myself by the way you speak. I am half elf, half hobbit. I was born in Lothlorien, though my mother comes from Mirkwood and I have lived most of my life in Rohan." Aeona was surprised at herself. Before she had told all of her history to Vana, she would have been unable to tell anyone even that small amount of information with ease. Well, before she had told most of her history to Vana. There was still that small part that she had left out.

The two continued to talk for some time, their conversation moving far, by both of their reckoning anyway.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:57 am

It seemed so strange for Dori to be talking to someone she did not know. Although she seems to have been doing a lot of that lately.

The Half Elf/ Hobbit girl had been so many places and done so many things that Dori found herself just sitting and listening. Dori was trying not to be rude but she just couldn't help but sit and stare. In awe of this girl / woman who seems to have been everywhere. After eating a piece of bread and slice of cheese Dori was quite full ... of course not eating regularly has a tendency to make you fill up faster when you do eat.

" I've never been to any of those places." Dori said quietly staring down at her cup of tea. " I grew up on a farm with my Ma, Da, my 2 brothers and my sister. Until recently I hadn't been any farther then to market in town."
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:02 am

It was at first uncomfortable for Aeona to be telling so much of herself to this strange girl, but she felt the weight on her shoulders lightening more as she once again shared her story. Or most of it. It seemed also to be helping Dori, who drunk her words as one parched would drink water. The interest that she had expressed was what had led the elf-hobbit to spill her tale.

"My father was a hobbit of the Shire, who left at an early age," at the girl's confused expression, Aeona added "the Shire is a land where hobbits live. Some live in comfortable holes in the ground with round doors and many rooms, while others live in houses." Dori's eyes shone at the description.

"My mother, however, is an elf of Mirkwood, a huge forest where elves live. The elves are at home there, but few others are at this time. It's very dark and big black spiders have taken up residence there,

"I know little of my parents before I was born. Indeed I know not who or where my father is now, but I know that my mother was travelling when I was born. I believe she was passing through the forests of Lorien, another forest of the elves where there are huge trees called mallorn trees. You cannot imagine their beauty, which is sustained all year, even as the live fails. They are big enough to live in and indeed that is what the elves do. There my mother was given such lodgings as she needed and a place to stay for some time after I was born.

"When I was old enough to travel with my mother, we left, yet she knew the difficulties that could be caused, both by travelling with one so young and by bringing me back, as she knew not of my race. Her worries were confirmed as when we were north of Rohan, a land of men near to Lorien, we were ambushed by a band of orcs. We had a few companions, but not many and the orcsoverwhelmed us. My mother and one of our companions rode from the orcs with me, but our supplies were lost. My mother rode back to the forests of her home, but the other rode the shorter distance to Rohan with me and a message from my mother asking them to look after me and teach me to defend myself. There I was fostered and joined the life of men. The Rohirrim are a people of horses and I was taught to fight in their style from a young age."

Aeona told of more of her history, leaving out parts for the sake of time, as she had done before. She told Dori that she must have been about her age pehaps a little younger, when she left the people of Rohan for her yearning to see new places, to truly meet her own people. She spoke of how she had then travelled to the woods of Lorien, where she had been told more of herself than she had been able to learn in the Shire. She had been taught of the combat style of her people and recieved the weapons that sh carried even now before moving on to Mirkwood, where she had met her mother for the first time since she had been sundered from her, before travelling to the Shire and marvelling at the contrast of the places that she had seen. However, her travels afterwards had shown her how different she was from others, and how many places had not truly accepted her. When she had found that even among her own people and in the lands where she had grown up she didn't truly fit in she had gradually melted into the shadows, becoming socially withdrawn and all but invisible, fromwhich she had not returned until finding this inn and which she was still partially within now. Dori listened intently as she told of her travels after those initial visits, which, although she spent much time travelling, she had constantly repeated, even if it had meant that the amount of places that she had travelled to had become less. Dori was amazed at her travelling regardless. Yet still she missed out that last part, the part that she couldn't disregard, no matter how much she told herself that it couldn't be important.

"I've never been to any of those places," Aeona heard the awe in Dori's small voice "I grew up on a farm with my Ma, Da, my two brothers and my sister. Until recently I hadn't been anywhere farther than the market in town," Aeona felt sadness in her voice and paused, thinking Dori's words heralded a sensetive subject.

"Well, would you like to come travelling with me one day? Not immediately of course as you're just seettling in here and I should think you won't want to leave such a hospitable place to be thrust back out, but if you wish, I can one day take you somewhere and teach you some of the things that I have learnt. I might well need to return to the woods of my people in the next few months and if you wished to come, I would be happy to take you, but of course, only if it's what you want. You may well wish to avoid travelling altogether, now that you have found comfort," she eventually answered, thinking that the girl could return herself to the subject of her family if she wished and noting her obvious interest in her own travels, yet surprised at what she had said last, telling herself that she wouldn't need to and that she shouldn't think she would, but that she would still take the girll if she wished to be taken.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm

How could anyone so young have traveled so far, Dori thought as she hung on to every word. Then when Aeona asked if she'd like to travel with her Dori did not know what to think... traveling was dangerous .... there were scary people out there ...
Dori felt herself growing extremely tired and soon was yawning, falling asleep with her head on her folded arms, listening to the woman's soft voice. Aeona could imagine how tired the girl was and just let her be. Leaning back in her chair Aeona wondered what the girl's story was, thinking it might not be so different after all.
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:04 am

Aeona looked at the girl as she slept, sympathy burning in her heart. She know little of Dori, but sensed that she had faced hardships perhaps beyond her own imaginings, even with the hardships that the elf had had. But... were they so different? Was the girl completely separate from the woman?

As she pondered this, her own conversation came to mind. She was surprised at how easily she had been able to talk to her, the conversation more natural than that which she had had with Vana. Her own question surprised her and she wondered about the prudence of presenting travelling in such a good light. Of course if she took the girl with her it would be dangerous: there were dificulties for her alone, more than she had spoken of, especially as she had been cut from society, her own people and others. She should not forget so easily what had been her that very day. But if the girl did want to travel...

before she could form a thought, Vana came and touched Dori's shoulder. Still half asleep she looked around groggily and Aeona took it as a cue to leave, muttering a thanks to Vana and returning to the room she that was, for a time, hers.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:33 pm

Vana nodded in Erinhue's direction and he noticed the young girl asleep at the table. He got up and wandered over and picked up the light waif and followed Vana upstairs to the girls room.

After placing Dori upon the bed, Erinhue left the room and Vana pulled the young girls shoes off, pulled the blanket up to cover her and kissed her lightly upon her brow. Then she turned and lit the candle on the night stand and placed the glass globe over it so that if the girl woke before morning she would not be in total darkness. The candle was long enough to last till the first light of dawn. Finally with one last glance Vana turned and quietly left the room and pulled the door gently closed behind her.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:13 am

Beryl had long ago been tucked into bed. Her new "pet", snug in his jar with tiny air holes punched in the lid, was sitting on the nightstand.

Heather cast the roach a dubious glance and shook her head. this "pet" was not going to stay around long.

When morning came, Heather left her adopted daughter asleep, and went to the kitchen to start cooking breakfast. Pancakes, sausage, bacon... She would only cook the eggs with the orders, so they'd be nice and fresh.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:39 pm

It was dark in the room. “Where am I?” Dori thought, “How did I get here?” Then she remembered the man. He was nice to her at first. He gave her something to eat when she was so hungry. Then he started to change. When she wanted to continue on her way he became angry.

“You're not going anywhere Miss, you belong here with me now.” the man said,” In a few days you'll start earning your keep.” Then he put her into the dark room and locked the door.

Dori cried herself to sleep and when she woke up she didn't know how much time had passed. She heard voices outside the door but could not make out the words. After some time the door opened and a woman told her to come out. Once outside the room she was given some bread and butter and a cup of hot tea to drink. The woman just sat there watching her eat. “ Where ya from hunny?” she asked. “where are yer folks?”

Dori ate slowly and finally answered, “my family are all dead. The sickness took them. I'm alone and trying to make my way to where my uncle lives.” Looking into the woman's face from beneath her eye lashes, Dori asked “ What's gonna happen to me?”

The woman lowered her head and for several minutes without saying anything. “You shouldn't be here hunny. You're too young for this.” she said in a whisper. “I'll get you out just give me some time” With that the woman locked Dori back into the dark room. With nothing to do Dori slept.

Dori didn't know how long she had been in the room. The only thing she knew was she had been let out 3 times to eat. Twice it was the man who let her out and though he tried to get her to talk Dori wouldn't talk to him and he was angry and hit her. The last time it was the woman again and she helped Dori escape. After Dori had eaten the woman whispered to Dori to be ready to go and as soon as the man was gone she would get her out of the city.

It was several hours before the woman came back. Hiding Dori under her large cape the woman led Dori out of the house and to the stable down the street. “ Willum, this is the girl I told you about. Get her safe.” The woman headed back to the house and the lad placed Dori on the horse in front of him and soon they were headed down the road.

The lad rode with Dori for the rest of that day and most of the night. Dori dozed in the saddle feeling safe in the lad's arms. As dawn neared the lad pulled up in front of a house. Leaving Dori in the saddle he knocked on the door and talked to the old man who came to the door. In a moment he returned to the horse and helped Dori down and led her to the door. “Uncle will take you farther away. You won't be bothered by that man again.”

Suddenly Dori was awake sitting up in the bed shaking. “Where am I?” Dori thought “How did I get here?” then she remembered where she was. “I'm at the Inn where the healer and the lady are.” Dori realized, “ I'm safe here.”

The candle was burnt down so it must be near morning. Dori was still in her clothes from the night before. She must have fallen asleep downstairs. She found a pitcher of water and basin on the table along with a clean towel. Soon Dori had washed and changed into one of the everyday dresses Lady Vana had found for her and brushed out her hair and tied it back. Quietly she made her way down to the kitchen where she heard the sound of breakfast being prepared.

“Is there anything I can help with Mistress Heather” Dori asked quietly as she entered the kitchen.
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Sat May 01, 2010 4:45 am

Heather looked up from where she was mixing more batter. The meat was sizzling on the grittle. "Good morning, Dori! Did you sleep well?"

When the girl nodded, Heather smiled. "I'm glad. Well, there's not much at the moment, so if you wanted to go ahead and eat that would be fine. I could use your help later once everyone starts getting up."
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Sun May 02, 2010 12:03 pm

As Aeona woke, her stomach lurched and instinctively she reached for her bow, only to fall back onto the bed she occupied, realising there was no threat. Her stomach lurched again and she dry retched. In surprise, her hand went to her middle, which felt thick and congested. The elf was gripped by a sudden fear, but only for a moment, as the feeling eased slightly. It was almost immediate, so Aeona chided herself for even thinking the things that had crossed her mind and told herself that she would proceed downstairs soon, not stopping food or activity, simply delaying it for a short time.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Sun May 02, 2010 2:31 pm

Dori got a plate and took a single pancake and started to the table to sit down. "That's not enough for a growing girl" Heather said then she took the plate and filled it and handed it back. When Dori sat Heather was soon there with a large glass of cold milk.

"Thank you Mistress Heather but this is way too much" Dori said quietly " I can't eat this much"

"Do the best you can. That's all I ask" Heather told her. Dori started eating and soon they heard others starting to stir.
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon May 03, 2010 12:38 pm

As Vana strode into the kitchen she reached up and grabbed an apron off the hook. As she tied it about her narrow waist she spied Dori sitting with a large plate of food and a half drank glass of milk. She smiled to herself and started to hum.

Grabbing a dish cloth she moved out to the tap room and started wiping down the tables again and the mahogany bar top so that there was no dust when the customers started to arrive shortly.

It didn't take long and the door opened as a kind gentleman came in and sat at the first table.

"G'morning what may we get you this fine morning?" Vana smiled.

"Breakfast since it is so early, I guess!" he replied.

As she turned to go to the kitchen she smiled at Dori.

She quickly returned with a plate full of food for the man. He thanked her and got right into eating.

Vana stopped at Dori's side. "So how did you rest hon? Was the room alright?"

Between bites Dori spoke. "Fine, and yes thank you!"

"Do you have enough to eat?" Vana about burst into laughter looking at the huge helpings that Heather had apparently heaved on the child.

"I....I don't think I will ever be able to eat it all." she stated with her eyes wide.

"You don't have to eat it all darlin, but do eat your fill. Can I get you some more milk?" Vana offered.

"Yes please. I love milk!" She smiled back, "Its very good you know."

"I know!" She smiled as she turned from Dori with her glass. "I'll be right back."

Dori drove her fork into the pile of hot cakes and stuffed her mouth full again. Vana smiled and started to hum once more as she walked to the kitchen.

Upon entering in she smiled to Heather.

"You gave her enough food for three men I think."

"Well I did not want her to go hungry and she could use some meat on her bones. Poor thing!"

"At least she loves milk!" Vana poured another tall glass of milk for Dori and as she left the kitchen she called back over her shoulder. "I will be right back and do the dishes."

At Dori's table once more she deposited the glass and smiled to Dori.
"If you would like to help us out today we can find you some chores that you can give us a hand in. Are you interested?"

"Yes ma'am!" She started to get up and Vana placed her hand upon her shoulder. "You eat first then we will find you some chores. But we don't want you collapsing from malnutrition during your chores."

"Okay I will finish soon and come find you." Dori smiled.

"Okay then but remember to bring your dishes with you. I will be at the sink." Vana turned and went back to the kitchen.

"So is Dori going to help us today?" Heather asked as Vana entered the kitchen rolling up her sleeves.

"Yes I asked if she wanted to and she was delighted to do something. What do you think we should have her do?"

"Well she can sweep the floor and maybe wipe tables after each customer for a bit. But I don't think we should have her do too much too soon. Do you?"

"I agree just a few things so that she feels that she is a part of things and carrying her own weight around here for now. Maybe if she chooses to spend more time with us we can get her to do more." Vana agreed. Then she went to doing the dishes that Heather had used to prepare the breakfast.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby PatriotBlade » Mon May 03, 2010 5:16 pm

A few minutes later, Beryl skipped into the kitchen ahead of Dori, her roach jar clasped tightly in both hands. Her long dark curls were tangled and bouncing around her head, but she had managed to dress herself, mostly. Her pinafore was crooked and untied in the back, the ribbons trailing along behind her;, her stockings were not pulled up properly and were bunched around her ankles; and her shoes were unbuckled. "Momma! I'm hungry!"

Heather looked over her shoulder just in time to see Dori hold the door from swinging closed on the pinafore ribbons.

The older girl then took her dishes to Vana.

The half elf sighed as she took in the sight of her rambunctious daughter. "Alright, but first things first. Dori, do you know how to flip pancakes?"

She nodded.

"Then would you mind watching these for me, while I make this wild cild of mine look more presentable?"

Dori grinned. "Be happy to, Mistress Heather!"

The healer set Beryl on a chair then crouched infront of it and began taking her shoes and stockings off to put them back on correctly. "You may call me 'Heather', without the 'Mistress' if you want to, Dori."

"Momma, I got dressed all by myself."

"I see that." Heather said warmly while tuging a stocking into place. "It's getting on time for me to find your sandals. That will make dressing easier for you."

"Yippie! I don't like stockings much."

"I know, sweetie, so tomorrow." She buckled the little girls shoes securely, but not too tightly. "Now stand up on this chair and let's fix this pinafore."

Beryl obedientlyclimbed to her feet, with a supportive hand from her mother, then stood still while her green and white pinafore was adjusted and neatly tied in the back over her favorite yellow dress.

"Oh, what a rat's nest! What are we going to do with these curls!"

Beryl giggled. Her mother said that every morning.

Heather produced a ribbon from her apron pocket and after a bit of finger combing, managed to get the wild curls tamed into a messy braid, which she then tied off with it. "Now, breakfast. Sit."

Dori handed her a plate with two pancakes, a piece of sausage and a slice of bacon.

"Heather smiled brightly. "Thank you! I can tell it's going to be nice having you around." She winked at the blushing girl, as she poured some milk in a cup for Beryl. "Vana! Look at these pancakes!"

"Did I do it wrong?"

Laughing, Heather caught the girl in a warm hug. "No, sweetie! I've never seen such perfectly golden pancakes!"
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Mon May 03, 2010 9:38 pm

Laughing, Heather caught the girl in a warm hug. "No, sweetie! I've never seen such perfectly golden pancakes!"

Dori's face was as red as the apples in the bowl on the table. No one had ever said anything like that to her before. She looked down at her feet and whispered "thank you." Then raised her face a little " I sometimes helped my Ma with the cooking but I didn't get a chance ta learn much before..." she stopped unable to continue when the tears threatened to overspill her eyes.

Taking a deep breath Dori spoke a bit louder. "What do you need help with Mistress Heather .. I mean Heather .... I finished what I could eat."

Heather reached up to the peg, pulled down an apron, tied it around Dori waist, handed her a cloth and said why don't you go wipe up the tables. Dori took the cloth and walked into the tap room where by this time there were several men. She stopped dead in the doorway and just stood there shaking the memory from the night still fresh in her memory. These men could be just like that other one.

"Momma, What's wrong with Dori." Beryl asked noticing her new friend standing in the doorway.

Heather looked at Dori then caught Vana's eye. Heather walked quickly over to Dori and found her shaking uncontrollably. Heather put an arm around her and led her back into the kitchen. "Why don't you stay in the kitchen with me for awhile." Heather and Vana exchanged looks knowing there was something going on with Dori beyond being shy." Vana we have some more customers out there. Could you go get their orders?" Heather said. " Dori could you sit here with Beryl and keep an eye on her while she eats?" Dori just shook her head yes and sat down.
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon May 03, 2010 10:39 pm

Vana looked over when Beryl made the comment about her new friend standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

A tight knot hit Vana's stomach seeing the way the child stood and shook there unable to move.

As Heather hugged the child and moved her back into the kitchen Vana shook off the water and suds from the sink water and wiped her hands on her apron.

"Here let me get the orders and the tables." Vana smiled and placed a hand upon Dori's shoulder and nodded to Heather.

When she came back in Dori had calmed down and Vana had a feeling that she might know some of what the poor child might have been through before she got to the Inn. Though she did not know anything for sure, she understood enough about some of the rough treatment young women could be subjected to when not under the protection of ones parents. So she decided to become one of the protectors for this young girl. She would be there for her no matter what and help her to understand that no one would ever hurt her while she chose to make the Inn her home. It could be her home if she would like and Vana would make sure that this invitation was made to her by both the owner and herself.

After breakfast was over and the dishes done, Vana asked Dori if she would like to take a walk out back.

"Dori would you care to walk with me this morning before we get started on the lunch menu?" Vana asked the young girl. "I have something I would like to show you."

"Um.... sure." she responded. Vana could see her hesitation but wanted to show her the special place that she could go anytime she felt the desire to get away.

"Come on then, I want to show you a special place!" Vana led the way through the kitchen door out back, past the wood pile and up a small trail that led behind and back of the Inn.

"So how long have you been traveling alone hon?" Vana asked as she breathed deep the fresh scent of the forest and picked flowers along the trail.

Dori watched her as she followed along. Not saying much for a long time.

"Where are we going Mistress Vana?" She asked finally.

"Just ahead. I wanted to show you my pretty place. A meadow that I discovered several years ago that I love to visit when I need time to think or time to just enjoy the warm weather." Suddenly they stepped into a clearing where a meadow of wild flowers were in full bloom. A small stream ran down from a small waterfall that sang as the waters fell down the rock face from above.

The young girls face showed the same emotions that Vana had felt when she first stumbled upon the meadow. One of wonder and awe. The place was beautiful with the sun shining on the wild flowers in bloom with the bees and the hummingbirds flitting about.

"Is this your place?" She asked all wide eyed.

"Not really but I claimed it because even Erinhue did not know this was here till I stumbled upon it one day on my break." Vana looked around again and remembered fondly the day that had been. "I still come here to think and to sing and to relax. Would you like to share this place with me and come here when ever you like?"

"I guess!" She stated.

"Don't feel that you must but I want you to know that you are welcome here any time you like. I have always found this a safe haven for private thoughts and getting away when things get too confusing."

"I think I would like that." Dori smiled, "As long as you don't mind?"

"No, I want you to feel that this is your home as much as it is mine." Vana went on. "I don't know where your family is or if you even have any family left,........ but if you will allow me, I would like to be like a big sister you can come to or call upon if you need anything."

"Really?" She remarked astonished, "I never had a big sister."

"Well if you want one you do now!" Vana smiled. "We girls need to stick together."

Dori gave Vana a hug as she choked back tears that she was trying not to let have sway.

"Well I need to get back to help Heather with the lunch menu. Would you like to stay here or would you like to give us a hand?" Vana smiled, "You choose what you would like to do right now."

"I think I will stay here for a little bit if you don't mind." Dori stated as she turned back to look at the waterfall.

"Try wading in the waters, they are not deep and they feel so good on the feet." Vana laughed as she headed off down the trail back to the Inn.

"Okay!" a soft voice responded then Vana was gone.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Lebasi » Wed May 05, 2010 10:12 am

Aeona had made her way into the taproom and was eatingwhat was either a belated breakfast or an early lunch while Heather was standing before the bar when a bang startled all of the occupants of the room. The doors had swung open and in the doorway stood a young man... boy really. He wore rought leather travelling gear and wearing boots, all looking as though he had grown out of them some time ago. A sword hung at his side, as if in defiance of his age and his eyes, though evidently young, had lost the flame of true youth, perhaps beyond redemption. Fear and fatigue were written on his young face as he made his stumbling way to the bar, shadowed by a smaller figure, who it was difficult to see in the dim light .

"I am but a child, yet I fight like a man, or so thought the orc that fell by my blade as I came here," he was evidently trying to sound strong, but his voice trembled and he looked on the point of fainting, his eyes wild "Please, I ask only for shelter for a short time and... don't let... don't let him befall the same fate as..." Heather had already come around the bar, deeply concerned and began to talk to him, as from what was probably the weight of trouble and tiredness, the boy slid into a, almost unconciousness, only just taking in his surroundings.

Meanwhile, the shadow at his side, also worried, moved into a light where he was visible. A small child stood, with brown eyes and a mop of blond-brown hair, similar to those of the other boy, but that these still carried the flame of youth, yet carried it delicately, asif at any moment it might slip away, as if nervous that the weight of any more worry might dispell it. The wide eyeslooked in fear at the older boy, yet for a time their owner wan't noticed.

It wasn't until Beryl padded into the taproom to investigate the scene, still clutching her jar that he was seen. The girl approached the boy and looked at him for a few seconds, as if waiting for him to speak, then looking up in slight confusion ans surprise at her mother with he older boy, adressed him. "Hello, I'm Beryl, would you like to see my bug?" the boy shook his head firmly, his eyes widening even further, his jaw clamped and his damp hair flopping about his head. Seeming surprised, opened her mouth to speak again, then gasped "Momma, he has a problem with his mouth," the boy had opened his mouth and even in the fairly dim light, it was visible. The inside of his mouth had been burnt horribly, what wasn't charred and blackened was covered in raw heat blisters and of his tongue there remained only a burnt out stump.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Thu May 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Heather looked up at the younger boy and had to swallow a gasp. "Beryl, honny, I need you to run up to our room to fetch me my medicine bag and the herb chest. Get Dori to help you." She sounded calm, but she was far from it. her pulse raced and her mind searched franticly through every scrap of healing lore she knew.

"Yes, Momma!" Beryl had only heard her mother's voice that calm and quiet a few times in her short life, but she knew what it meant. Her mother was going to be doing healing, or she was going to kill something. She might even do both. She ran into the kitchen. "Dori, Vana!"

The older girl had just come through the kitchen door and looked up startled.

"Momma needs help! Two boys need help!" the little girl grabbed Dori's hand. "Help me bring Momma her medicines, please!" she ran for the stairs, dragging the older girl behind her.

Vana dried her hands on a towel as she followed the girls into the tap room. She gasped at the sight that greeted her. "What can I do?"

The healer lifted the unconcious boy into her arms, betraying her hidden elven strength, or perhaps her motherly instincts and adrenaline. She inclined her head to the smaller boy, watching everything with his wide eyes. "Bring him and show me to one of the empty rooms."
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu May 06, 2010 11:38 pm

"Come with me hon and we will help your friend!" Vana said softly to the young boy. Then Vana reached for the young child that stood there in the shadows and hand in hand they led the way up the stairs and to the second room on the right of the main hallway.

Vana quickly opened the door and pushed it wide so that Heather could carry the boy in and place him upon the bed. Vana stood beside the door and placed her arm over the shoulder of the small boy that she had led up to the room. He looked up at her and reached up his small hand to wipe the back of his hand across his face.

Vana smiled down at him and spoke softly. "That is Heather and she will take care of your friend. What is his name hon? What do they call you dear?"

He looked at his friend and did not say anything. Vana waited patiently but did not know if the boy understood her or if he could perhaps not speak at all. So she led him over to the bedside where he could watch without getting in Heather's way as she worked on the his friend.

Beryl and Dori were back with Heather's medicines very quickly. Dori took Beryl's hand and then moved over by Vana and the boy so they could help get things for Heather but staying out of the way.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri May 07, 2010 7:02 am

Torn between the needs of both boys, Heather made herself focus on the older, unconcous one first. Nearly unconcous, she discovered when she gently pressed on his belly and he cried out. she pulled up his shirt to reveal a terrible wound. She shuddered. She had not seen such a wound since her warrior days and to see one one now on someone so young was shocking.

She tried to shield the children from as much of the blood as she could as she knelt beside the bed, one cool hand on his forhead, one on his belly, as she drew on her gift.

It had been so long since she'd done this sort of healing. It almost felt strange as the bond that would allow her to know the boy for the rest of his days slipped into place. She would know every pain and would feel the moment of his death, which was the real reason she had stopped using her gift so much.

She was careful to only heal as much as was nessisary to save his life, leaving the better part of the wound to heal the natural way. It would have drained too much of her own energy if she had done more and there was another boy needing her care as well.

She looked up at her audience. She'd rather Vana keep the children back, but she needed an extra pair of hands. Her gaze settled on Dori.

"Dori, there's gonna be a lot of blood, but if you can handle it, I need your help."

The two women exchanged looks and Vana nodded her understanding. She sat down in a chair and drew the two youngsters to her, whispering comforting words.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Fri May 07, 2010 8:46 am

As scared as Dori was she knew that Heather needed her help. She was very glad she had not lingered long in the garden that Lady Vana had showed her. "I'm not scared of blood, Mistress Heather" the girl said as she walked over to where Heather worked on the boy," I can help."

As Heather worked her healing arts Dori could not help but remember tending to her family before they died. Silent tears threatened to flow but she held them back knowing that they women might misunderstand and think she was bothered by the sight before her.
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Fri May 07, 2010 12:10 pm

Fear flamed in the small boy's heart as he saw the deep red wound that the other had kept from him. He had never believed such a thing would happen and sobs began to form in his chest. they hurt his scorched throat and mouth as they rose up, but he couldn't stop them. The strange lady drew him and the girl close to her and he shivered, confused and worried, but comforted by the warm yet unfarmiliar touch. He looked on again and wept, painful tears streaming down his cheeks and his dry, ragged throat screaming silently. Please, live brother were his wordless thoughts.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Sun May 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Heather nodded. "I need you to do exactly as I say, as quickly as you can. Alright?"

Dori nodded.

"Alright. In the little chest are bandages of all lengths, and some of my lesser used herbs and ointments. In the bag are the most often used herbs. Everything is clearly labeled, just find it as quickly as you can."

"Marked with healers' runes, or...?"

"The names of the herbs." the half elf glanced up from where she was carefully examining the large cut. The blood flow had slowed considerably, but she still hat to hurry. The look on Dori's face told her something was wrong. "Dori, what is it?"

"I- I can't read. I'm sorry, Mistress Heather."

"It's okay Dori! It is. Thank you for telling me now, instead of letting me find out the hard way. I still need your help, but you need help too. Beryl?"

"Yes, Momma." the little girl's voice was quiet.

"I want you to use that table to look through my herbs. Don't look at me or the blood unless it's an accedent. You'll get the herbs I say, and Dori will do what I tell her to. Okay, girls?"

Dori nodded while Beryl scampered down from Vana's lap and stood on a stool at the table where the box and medicine bag were. She set her roach jar to the side out of the way and obediently turned her back to her mother.

"First, Beryl, I need Essence of Hops. It's an oil. Dori, if you would put a few drops of that oil on a cloth from the box and put it over his face, it will help him rest, and not be awake through this."

The girls complied and the half elven healer fet the boy's mind settle to a dull conciousness.

"Now, I need the smallest curved needle, strung with the horsehair thread. Both in the bag. Beryl, get out the Etholass leaves, the wound ointment, and the mortar and pestile." once Dori had brought her the needle and thread, ready to use, she went back to the table for her next instructions. "Put some of the ointment in the bowl, then crush up two leaves into it. Good. A little more ointment. Mix it together with your fingers and bring it to me, sweety."

Dori hurried back to see that Heather had started carefully sewing the wound closed with the smallest stitches that she could.

The healer looked up at her. "Can you smear a little of that into te wound? If it will bother you, I can, but I'd rather not add any of his blood to the mix."

That's when Dori realized why Heather had needed help. Her hands were red and slick with the boy's blood, almost to her elbows in places, as she tried to hold the wound together neatly and sew at the same time. She swallowed back her tears and keeping the boy's ashy face in her mind, she did as Heather had asked. "More?"

"Not yet, Dori. Well done. Set that aside for now and fetch me a basin of water to also set aside and a couple of clean cloths with it."

Vana offered to do it and took the smaller boy with her.

"Now I will need a small bandage pad to be smeared with the ointment, and two of the long bandages set aside while I finish sewing this up."

Everything came together at the same time. Vana returned with two basins, as well as some clean linnens for the bed, a light nightshirt to change the boy into, and some towels to clean up with, just as Dori and Beryl finished preparing the bandages and Heather finished sewing the wound.

The boy stirred and moaned.

"Quick! A few more drops of the hops oil on the cloth!"

Dori jumped to do it as Vana resumed her seat, the smaller, crying boy on her lap.

Heather sighed. The hard part was done. She washed her hands in one basin, while Dori carefully cleaned the blood from the boy's pale skin with the water from the other, without having to be told. When they'd both finished, they started stripping the boy of his bloody clothes. That done, Heather lifted him gently in her arms. "Girls, redress the bed as quickly as you can. Vana?"

The other woman understood and brought the nightshirt, and something else Heather hadn't noticed, some clean underthings. They carefully dressed him, keeping the seepage from the wound at bay with a cloth while they worked.

The smaller boy stood close beside them, his grubby fingers touching the other boy's arm, his wide, brown eyes filled with tears.

It wasn't long before they had the older boy bandaged and resting peacefully in the bed. Now heather's attention turned to the younger boy.

She took off her bloodied apron and rolled up her sleeves, while Vana and Dori carried out all the soiled things and retrieved more clean water and cloths, leaving her and Beryl, again clutching her bug jar, alone with the him. Heather sat wearilly in the chair, her daughter leaning on the arm. Heather kissed the girl's forehead, then beckoned the smaller boy to her. He came hesitantly and let her lift him onto her lap.

"Now, little one, let's have a look at you."

He looked pointedly at the other boy.

"He's just asleep. He'll be all better soon. My name is Heather. This is my daughter, Beryl. We won't let anything harm you here. You're safe. I'd like to try to help you too. Do you have hurts like him?"

He nodded and pointed to his face.

"Your mouth?"

He nodded again.

"Open? Let me see?"

He obeyed and opened his mouth wide, event hough it hurt terribly.

"Okay, little one."

Vana returned and handed Heather a damp cloth to clean the boy's face.

She took it with a smile of thanks and began to, ever so gently, wipe away the grime, until she could tell where the burns began and the boy's face ended. She set down the cloth and cupping the boy's face in her hands, stared into his big brown eyes.

She wanted to use her gift to just fix him, but she knew her limitations, she couldn't grow the rest of his tongue back, but she could heal the deep burns. Her link with his mind told her that the burns extended down the poor boy's throat a good ways. she began the healing, but had to stop herself before she was compleatly finished. she drew out the pain, and softened the damaged tissue, until new could grow back. Where she did the most work was around his lips and gums, making sure his teeth would stay until their proper time to fall out, and healing the outside of his mouth so there would be no lasting scars. When she finished, she sagged back into the chair.

"Dori, could you please fetch me a glass of warm milk?"

The girl nodded and hurried away.

"Beryl, honny, please bring me the jar of lavender tincture."

"Momma, will they be alright?" she asked as she put the jar in her mother's hand.

"I hope so. They have a chance now. It was good that they came here."

Dori returned and Heather instructed her to put two drops from the jar into the milk and to stir it together well.

She then handed the glass to the boy on her lap. "This will fill your timmy and help your mouth get better, Okay? I need you to drink it all.

Vana, I'm sorry to leave you like this, but I must lay down and recover my strength. I haven't used my gift so much in one day for so long... I will be down to help with supper, if you don't mind?"

"Of course, Heather! And I've got a very good helper til then." she winked at Dori. "I'll just get this one tucked in bed, then deal with lunch. It's the quietest meal anyhow." She picked up the boy from her friend's lap, even as the heler struggled to keep her eyes open.

"Thanks, Vana." She stumbled to her feet and wearilly embraced Dori. "You did very well and were a great help today. Thank you. Tomorrow, we're going to start you learning to read. It will help you for the rest of your life." Heather stumbled off to her room.

Beryl dashed after her. "Momma! Are you okay?"

Heather collapsed across her bed, her black haired adoptive daughter crawling up after her. Yes, sweety, I will be fine after I rest." she smiled, then her eyes fluttered closed and she lay very still.

Without being told, the little girl sat down at the small table in the room and began to quietly do her lessons, while she waited for her mother to wake up.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Tue May 11, 2010 1:13 pm

The small boy woke in fear. He was in a darkened room alone. Alone. Where was his brother? Wishing he could speak to call his name, he felt his mouth and was surprised to find it soft and not burned. He had been so used to the charred skin that now it was gone he was for a moment taken aback, before he remembered his fear. He realised now that the room wasn't so dark, but still his heart was gripped. He had not woken in an enclosed space for some time and never without his brother, who he couldn't see in the dark but couldn't be sure that he wasn't there. Thinking of his brother made him remember the gaping wound clearly and he let out a yelp, then stopped immediatelyunsure of the people who had put him in the bed and, as he had always been taught, exercising caution. Meanwhile, his other thought made him think of the last time he had woken in an enclosed space. The walls seemed to press in on him and reflections of old, hard-bitten fear ran through his mind. Tears, not his own, falling on his face. Words, so deep in his memory they almost faded and pain, pain consuming his mind. Then blackness. Wishing that the blackness would take him agian, if only for a little while, he pulled the sheets from his bed further in to himself.
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Tue May 11, 2010 5:02 pm

After helping Heather with the healing Dori followed Vana to the kitchen. There was a small room off the kitchen and this was where Vana lay the small boy. "This is where Beryl used to take her naps when she was small so we could keep our eyes and ears on her. We will be able to hear if he needs anything as he will not be able to call us with those wounds."

"yes, Mistress Vana" Dori said softly not wanting to wake the boy." I will help listen for him"

"There is something else I'm going to need your help with" Vana said kneeling down so she could look Dori in the eyes," I need you to take things into the taproom and bring the dirty things back to me when the customers are done. No one will hurt you, Erinhue will be right there in his office if not in the taproom and no one messes with someone he has pledged to protect."

Stammering Dori shuddered" I think I can do it Mistress Vana. I will try"

"Good now lets see what's for lunch. Well, there is left over beef, cheese bread. UMMM maybe a nice onion soup to go with it." Vana said more to herself the to Dori... " Okay let's go. Dori will you go to the vegetable cellar and bring me some onions , oh about 6 to 8 and then peel and slice them for me while I get busy on the rest." In no time at all Vana and Dori had lunch going. Vana took the opportunity to go up and check on the young man that lay sleeping upstairs.

Dori heard a noise from the other room. She quietly opened the door and noticed the boy bundled on the bed. Softly she walked in by the bed. "It's okay, nobody is going to hurt you. Your brother is sleeping in another room and he'll be okay. Mistress Heather and Mistress Vana said so." Dori spoke so softly the boy had to listen hard to hear her. Still he did not uncover his head so Dori just put her hand gently on his shoulder and kept repeating," It's OK, everything will be OK," over and over until no sounds came from the bed. then she crept back to the kitchen only this time she left the door open so there was some light in the small room. it's too sppoky in there with no light

"What's going on Dori?" Vana said entering the kitchen just as Dori came out of the room.

"I think he woke up. " Dori answered, "I heard a noise and when I went in he was hiding under the blanket. He didn't look at me but I thought he might be scared so I just patted him and told him everything would be okay. I think he went back to sleep."

Vana went in and checked. "you're right I think he's back to sleep" I think he'll be okay."
Last edited by Borin_Silversmith on Tue May 25, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Lebasi » Wed May 19, 2010 12:02 pm

Borimod jerked awake and looked around in the dim part light of the room that he was in. Momentarily, he forgot the recent events and his memory dragged him back to the old wagon, until his wound twinged and he remembered. How blissful ignorance had been. A peaceful mind with only minor concerns, was what he wished for, what he would give anything for, a break from the guilt of knowledge. Like his brother, or more similar to his brother than to anything that he experienced himself. The thoughts jerked his mind further into the present and he sat suddenly, his brother foremost in his mind, cursing himself for that having not been the case, before marvelling that he could sit up without a burst of nauseating pain. He looked at his stomach, surprised briefly by the cleanwhite shirt he wore, but more by the neat stitching that held the wound together. It had been cleaned and treated well, much better than he could have done with his basic healing skills, even had he had the time and he realised that he now had the strength to leave and search for his brother.

Before Borimod could make a move, the doorswung open and one of the women from the inn walked in. The boy blinked and remembered how he had fainted before. he would not be able to gain the respect of this inn through strength of arms and he would have no means of paying the inn for hospitality, which left only one concern "Lunt. Where's Lunt?"

The woman paused. "Lunt? Your friend? It's OK, he's safe, you'll be OK now,"

"He's OK? He's hurt. He can't speak. Please..."

"Don't worry, hon, my name's Vana and Heather who you met before is a healer. She looked after you and your friend and you can stay here as long as you need to,"

Borimod looked at Vana in surprise, the wound had been bleeding profusely but the healer had treated it. He felt slightly faint. It was possible that she had saved his life. Dropping his frantic airs he looked at Vana gratidude and guilt, the guilt that had filled him up, reflecting in his eyes. "It seems I owe you a debt, but I cannot pay it. I can fight and Lunt and I can help you, but there is little more that we can do. We have very little money and I cannot pay even for room at the inn. If we must leave, I will do so as soon as possible. But... I must see my brother. Please, where is he?"
Lebasi
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu May 20, 2010 5:25 pm

"You just settle yourself back in the bed and rest up. Do not worry about the bill or anything else. Your healing is the number one thing you should be concerned with at this time." Vana smiled at him as she stepped forward and pulled his blankets back up and got him settled back on the pillows so that he could rest. "I will find your brother and bring him to you dear, just stay where you are. Would you like anything to eat or drink?"

"I am thirsty, I guess!" he stated.

"Fine then I will bring something for you to drink and something to nibble on till you wish for something more substantial." Vana turned and headed for the door.

"Thank you!" he said softly.

Vana turned at the door and smiled again, "You are most welcome hon. Now rest and I will be back quickly."

She dashed down the hallway and went into the kitchen.

"Heather, our little patient is awake and thinking he needs to leave." Vana stated to the other woman in the kitchen

"He cant do that! He will open up the wound again!" Heather looked a bit frantic.

"Do not worry, I got him to understand that he needs to rest and we will worry about everything else later. Right now I want to take him something to drink and something to nibble on as well as his brother." Vana smiled to Heather.

"His brother?" Heather nodded. "So this other young waif is his brother, that would explain the worry and concern about leaving his side."

"Yes it sure would. I think he will be thrilled to be back with his brother once I get this tray ready to go." Vana grabbed a couple of glasses to put milk in and grabbed a plate of cheese and breads with some sliced meats to go with them. "Now to get the brother to come along."

Vana went to the side room of the kitchen where the young boy was still resting up. When she opened the door he sat up in his bed.

"Do you feel like seeing your brother dear?" She smiled. "He is awake and wants to see you. Plus I have some food and something to drink for you both."

"Come along now and lets get back upstairs!" She held out her hand to the young boy.

He hopped off the bed and took a hold of Vana's pro-offered hand and the two of them headed through the kitchen and up the stairs to the room where the older boy rested.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Tue May 25, 2010 1:17 am

Dori was in the kitchen helping Heather with preparation of the evening meal. On this day Heather had a large pot of stew cooking on the hearth and a turkey roasting in the oven. Once everything was started Heather had time to work with Beryl on her studies. Remembering that Dori was unschooled she set the girl up with a slate and chalk and started teaching her her letters. Dori and Beryl sat there side by side and more often than not the youngest girl was teaching the older one. Heather got up to check on the food and soon was smiling when she heard her daughter, "no no Dori this is how you make a D. You have to learn it so you can write your name." when Heather went back to the table Beryl looked up at her "Momma, can you make Dori's name again so we can learn to write it."
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Tue May 25, 2010 10:12 am

Heather Smiled. "Gladly!" She took the chalk ans slowly drew the letters so both pupils could clearly see how she did it. "There, try now."

When she went back into the kitchen, she sighed. Her movements were still a tad slugish, but most people wouldn't notice.

"How's he doing?" she asked when Vana returned.

"Better. Poor thing's worried about the bill."

Heather shook her head. I'll take their dinner up to them later, so I can check on their healing progress."
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome!