The Last Palantir: Questions and Comments Thread

Writing is a passion many people experience after reading Tolkien's works. Come here to discuss and share your experiences with writing.

The Last Palantir: Questions and Comments Thread

Postby Isildur's Bane » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Pose any questions or comments you have about the story here. Be minded that it is still a work in progress and there may be lengths of time between installments.

Edit: Sorry, the title of the thread is a typo, it was supposed to be the Lost Palantir, thanks to Celebrimbor32 for pointing that out. :)
Last edited by Isildur's Bane on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isildur's Bane
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Celebrimbor32 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:09 pm

It sure is nice to see another Arnor story here in the Scriptorium, Isildur's Bane! I see you selected the 1409 war period for your setting. Such a lot going on during that time in Eriador! I actually mused upon writing a tale about the Angmarean invasion of Arnor myself before I opted to tackle a rewrite of my old Cardolan story from a few years back. My new yarn, "The Bloodline Hero", is also here in the Scriptorium, though it is set about 700 years earlier than your story. At any rate, your intro looks good so far. I will await further installments before making any comments on it. I only have one question for you so far: is your story called The Last Palantir or The Lost Palantir?
Celebrimbor32
Ranger of the North

Postby Isildur's Bane » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Celebrimbor32 wrote:It sure is nice to see another Arnor story here in the Scriptorium, Isildur's Bane! I see you selected the 1409 war period for your setting. Such a lot going on during that time in Eriador! I actually mused upon writing a tale about the Angmarean invasion of Arnor myself before I opted to tackle a rewrite of my old Cardolan story from a few years back. My new yarn, "The Bloodline Hero", is also here in the Scriptorium, though it is set about 700 years earlier than your story. At any rate, your intro looks good so far. I will await further installments before making any comments on it. I only have one question for you so far: is your story called The Last Palantir or The Lost Palantir?

The Lost Palantir it is called.

Yes I find Arnor very interesting as well. :)
Isildur's Bane
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arassuil » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Isildur's Bane, I do hope you continue with this tale. :) The Third age 1409 period is quite an interesting one with what we know of all that went on around then.
Keep on writing! :)

Oh yes, you can open the edit function on the first post of this thread and change the title to match the story title if you want.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Return to Writing: The Scriptorium of Imladris