ESCAPE FROM THE MISTY MOUNTAINS (reviews/ comments thread)

Writing is a passion many people experience after reading Tolkien's works. Come here to discuss and share your experiences with writing.

Re: GRIEF OF THE NORTH KINGDOM (a thread for comments/review

Postby Adaminth The Grey » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Hail Celebrimbor,
everything is fine! I like it very much. It's a pity that Chapter one is left. (hehe I must admit that I was searching the threads for it already - then I simply started with ch.two.... but I think it fits well).
Best wishes and please keep going :)
Adaminth who somewhere in the future will be at the point you are now...
Adaminth The Grey
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebrimbor32 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:28 am

Thanks again for the encouragement, Adaminth! I will definitely forge ahead with it. I'll probably post up the next installment of Ch. 22 in a few days. :)
Celebrimbor32
Ranger of the North

Postby Celebrimbor32 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:28 am

Just a quick note here to any readers of this yarn that the end of Part One is indeed near, believe it or not. I almost feel the need to apologize for this lengthy sub-plot I have pitch-forked into the canon regarding the escape of Hunthor from the Misty Mountains. But I have plans for this character later on and felt compelled to give Vilthavia's father a fair share of exposure here. At any rate, the next instalment (Pt. V) ought to wrap it up for him until later. Then I will conclude with Elendis and Vilthavia. FYI :)
Celebrimbor32
Ranger of the North

Postby Celebrimbor32 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:27 pm

A note to the reader: I apologize for the length of the last few posts. Nearly 5 years have come and gone since I began this yarn and I have yet to get my protagonists out of the Misty Mountains and into the meat of the drama of the Grief of the warring sister kingdoms! All the primary characters thus far (ie. Vilthavia, Elendis, Hunthor, Vidui/Odhil) have taken on greater importance than I initially realized and I felt compelled to elaborate the narrative for each in order to give them greater importance in Part Two. Part One will conclude forthwith concerning the flight of Vilthavia from Dol Agwarth and Broggha's Hillmen, then shall come to an end. I hope to do it in about 3 posts at most. Thank you...FYI.
Celebrimbor32
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Nice intense read. I do have some problems remembering everything when I read a new post, but it's quite the tale!
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebrimbor32 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:10 am

As always, thanks for reading, Arassuil! A couple more posts to wrap up Part One and I'll finally get to move on to the main bulk of the tale that actually deals with the North Kingdom - hence the title! The Misty Mountain adventure was originally only supposed to be a sort of prologue before the main event, but it got out of hand over time. :oops: I'll try to be more precise from here on out.
Celebrimbor32
Ranger of the North

Re: ESCAPE FROM THE MISTY MOUNTAINS (reviews/ comments threa

Postby Celebrimbor32 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:38 pm

A brief note from your humble author, for what its worth:

I'm afraid that I have decided to put the finale of this tale on hold for two main reasons - firstly, I have noticed a tendency for this story to drift away from its original intent, which was to serve as a segue into the proper canon of 'The Grief of the North Kingdom', Unfortunately I seem to have lost my way on my path to the ending over the last year or so - indeed so badly that I feel the need to rename the entire bulk of it with the new title of "Escape from the Misty Mountains', which seems to be more appropriate in relation to its content.

Secondly, and more importantly, I have been so inundated with the composition of a historical fiction novel, which I hope to publish, over the last two years that I no longer have the drive or the time to bring it to a proper conclusion. I seem to have considerably less leisure time on my hands these days to sit writing for hrs at a time like I used to :( and as such I find that I must make a few sacrifices in this regard. My non-Tolkien project takes precedence, I fear, over this old story of mine...However, I still want to continue on with Vilthavia and Elendis' tale eventually and have already begun to ponder over a follow-up to this story set a few years afterwards when they are both into their adulthood and when Rhudaur has already fallen into the clutches of Angmar. I hope to begin on it soon, though I shan't post any of it here until I get at 20K words into it or so. Many thanks to those of you who have offered me your kind words of advice and and encouragement during this story :)
Celebrimbor32
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Writing: The Scriptorium of Imladris