An Aussie in King Aragorn's Court

Writing is a passion many people experience after reading Tolkien's works. Come here to discuss and share your experiences with writing.

Postby Tigerlily_Goldworthy » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:29 am

Eeet's ALIVE! :shock:

Hi, Ninque. :hug:

Tanie-- If I recall correctly, a bunch of people were having issues with the reply notification emails a while back... I think Balrogthane was the one who started the thread in The One Ring forum.

*shivers* Why is it so stinkin' cold in here?? It's hot downstairs in the dining room, but freezing up here in the computer room. Isn't hot air supposed to rise? *gets out her sweatershirt and snuggles into that*
Tigerlily_Goldworthy
Mariner

Postby Gil-Estel » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:24 pm

Well, it has been very busy at the house of healing these past few months and I haven't had the time I would have liked to soend here. Ninque, you are going to the Gathering in July? So am I. Anyone else from this thread going? If so, we should make a list and plan an Aussie thread moot.

Lady Coralie called me from Australia this week. She is finishing up her university course and will be entering the working world again. Let's keep our fingers crossed that she get job opportunity that will let her progress in her creative endeavors. Her health is much improved and she sounded great.
Gil-Estel
Rider of the Mark

Postby aragornnme » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:13 am

Gil! Hi! Thanks for the update, and I'm really glad LadyC's health is improving. I hope her transition back into the working world will be an easy one. Maybe hope will be restored for a new chapter in the future? :wink:

Alas, I will probably not be going to the Gathering. It's just too far away, and my schedule's insane. It sounds like a lot of fun, though.

Anywho, I'm off to go finish my senior project...

:drink:
~Arien
aragornnme
Shield Bearer

this still exists!

Postby OrelindeTiwele » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:44 pm

I've been soooooo involved in real life that I hadn't gotten over here for
the longest time, and when I tried. . . . . . nothing :cry2:

Thanks to LC, I've found you all again. Now I just have to catch up!

Orelinde
OrelindeTiwele
Citizen of Imladris

Er, um

Postby OrelindeTiwele » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:38 pm

Did I do the thread in by posting :cry2:

Orelinde
OrelindeTiwele
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Erutanie_Litsos » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:42 pm

Not to worry, Orelinde...we're just all dead. For various reasons, but still dead. :lol:
Erutanie_Litsos
Shield Bearer

Postby Tari_Niphredil » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:45 pm

Well now, isn't this odd... When's the last time I've been over here? It feels like ages since I've visited. Anyone out there still remember me?
Tari_Niphredil
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gil-Estel » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:26 am

I still remember you. It loooks like we are all at a busier time at the moment - I know I haven't done much posting anywhere.I am reading the new Tolkien Studies, vol. 3 and will be posting a review in the Reading Room later in the summer.
Gil-Estel
Rider of the Mark

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:27 pm

I remember you, Tari! Though, I have to admit, I haven't been outside the Prancing Pony and Alliances for awhile, although Rowyn seems to be doing well in her reincarnation as an RP character. :D Good to see you though!
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby LadyCoralie » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:49 pm

Hi all. I would really like to apologise for not finishing this story yet and I'd also like to thank you all for your nice comments and support since it began. As some of you know, I have been quite ill and this contributed to delays in writing. First of all I had meningitis back in 2002. I know this predates the Aussie, but it left me with very bad migraines that just floor me. Sometimes I get a lot of migraines together and it is too hard to cope. Gil-Estel our wonderful resident doctor has given me a lot of support through this and I can't thank her enough. As if the meningitis wasn't bad enough, I developed a small brain tumour, a meningioma. I also had other complications going on in my body at the same time. I know you are probably wondering why I didn't announce it, but to me it was a private matter at that time, and I'm a bit too stoical for my own good I suppose. I wanted to deal with it just with my immediate family and friends, so as a result I didn't go online and tell all the details. It wasn't that I didn't think that people would care, but that it took so much energy to deal with, that I wanted to focus more on my recovery.. It's hard to explain I know. Well, with God's help I survived and the tumour burn't itself out.... a miracle indeed. To date there is no sign of its return. I am now at university, studying fine arts and most of my energy is wrapped up in my degree. Being so sick has taken a lot of energy and well being from me and I still suffer with acute migraines. As a result, it has been difficult to recover some of my previous 'jois de vivre'. I know this might seem strange, but apparently it is not unusual for people to have gone through a crisis of sorts to feel this way. It is my intention to finish the Aussie... in fact it is mostly finished in my head. It just takes too much energy than I have right now to put it down and I do need inspiration as well. Thanks to the Immies for their story 'Muse Quest' as indeed my muses flew away through all this and hopefully they will return soon. (I am going to make a copy of this post and put it in their thread). Thanks to all of you here who have supported me and love the Aussie story. You have given me much strength through some dark periods just by being here. I always knew I could come to TORC and read your great posts which has really helped me. Please be patient with me a little longer. I know it seems to have been forever since I updated. But I promise that when I can do so I will.

Love to all

ladyC
LadyCoralie
Ranger of the North

Postby Lalaith-Elerrina » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:01 pm

Yay for Lady Coralie! :happydance:
Lalaith-Elerrina
Ringbearer

Postby vison » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:30 pm

Lady Coralie, I don't know you, but I know meningitis. You poor girl! I am so heartened to hear that you survived, that's all.

Take your time finishing your story. I am hoping to begin reading it from the start, since I am new to it.

I wrote an extended (2 novel length!) fanfic called "Elanor's Diary" on another website and eventually finished it. Took me a couple of years, as the enthusiasm tended to wear off!

Good luck with everything.
GM is alive.

Osama bin Laden is dead.
vison
Ringbearer

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:01 pm

Wow. I'm glad to hear that you're doing better, LadyC! I can only imagine how tough an experience that must have been. :hug:

And it's not like I can give you a hard time about not finishing... going on two years since I started my original fanfic and it's still not done! If I started in the Two Towers, I should be way past Aragorn's coronation by now! :bang:
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Erutanie_Litsos » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:51 pm

*mutters* I really need to figure out this getting an e-mail when a new post is added preference....

Anywayz, thanx for letting us know Coralie and I'm so glad you are doing better! I'll be praying for your complete recovery and that the Muses will find their home soon! :wink: And don't worry, I have yet to finish a story I have begun. They're all worked out in my head, but I pretty much have the same predicaments as you: too little time and too little inspiration. I need a soundtrack.....

*waves to everybody else* Hi!!!

What I am doing with my time: :bang:
What I wish I was doing with my time: :drink: :horse: :zzz:

Ah...to be young and free once more...

~Tanie~
Erutanie_Litsos
Shield Bearer

Postby Levanna » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:49 pm

I'M NOT DEAD! Group hug! HELLO!

oh my Lady C!

*hugs hugs hugs hugs*

oh my!!! I'm so glad you're ok! Gil, thank you for taking such good care of our lady. Coralie, please, stay well. Your health is important to all of us, as much as we love the story, we can all do with you being around being a light in the world more than we can live out a fic. Please, stay well! Don't stress yourself out too much with school!

I've moved from the West Coast to the East Coast. I'm living as a governess in New Hampshire now, going to school full time at the University of NH at Manchester Now. It's pretty cool. English major, with only two years to go for the degree. I'm doing well and was absolutely THRILLED to see this thread still going on. In fact, I was so happy, I pert near had a fit. Despite not having been updated for a while, I'm thrilled, thrilled to see that my dear friends are still around.

Happy Holidays everyone, blessings for all of you! Have an amazing new year!

Leva
Levanna
Shield Bearer

Postby Gil-Estel » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:01 pm

I can't take credit for Lady C's recovery - she was already in Oz when the problem arose. I just provide moral support and prayers.
Gil-Estel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Edmund the Scholar » Thu May 03, 2007 3:38 pm

Wow! With so many views and positive comments... I HAVE TO READ THIS STORY!!!

When are they making the movie??
Edmund the Scholar
Ranger of the North

Postby Gil-Estel » Mon May 07, 2007 2:33 pm

Hmm, we will have to get Lady C tofinish the story before the movie can be made :P
Gil-Estel
Rider of the Mark

Coralie send me an e-mail if you read this

Postby OrelindeTiwele » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:56 pm

Coralie,
It's Orelinde, Renee, send me an e-mail if you can. Do any of your previous e-mails still work?

I can't do a membership where I can pm so I hope you read this.

Orelinde

p.s. Hello, to all the RCR'ers.
OrelindeTiwele
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tack » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:35 pm

Hi, I'm new, so I apologize for however idiotic this may sound, but you all sound nice and hopefully will understand where I am coming from.

First off, LadyC (that's what everyone is calling you) I'm sorry to hear about how sick you were, and hope you get better soon :)

And, um, I've tried to read through a good part of the pages, but after page three, it just got tiresome, so I'm going to ask directly, what is the story (i'm assuming it's a LoTR fanfic) that you are talking about, and where could I find it so that I may read it? Thank you very much! After all the good reviews it would be a pleasure to read.

Tack
Tack
Petitioner to the Council

Location: Apache Junction, Arizona, and traveling across the U.S.

Aussie

Postby OrelindeTiwele » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:06 am

Welcome Tack,
Go to the Reading Room, and click on Authors, if LadyCoralie isn't listed right on the page. If you click on Authors, you'll have to scroll a bit as it is a long list.

Or type Lady Coralie into the search function, either way should lead you to the story.

Lady C has made some revisions in some of the chapters so you may see some of the early chapters listed.

There are 40+chapters.

What you found here was some of the fans of the story trying to rescue Coralie, so it is really disjointed. There are earlier versions of this thread that might make sense after you've read the story.

Hopefully, someone can post a link to those older threads.

Orelinde
OrelindeTiwele
Citizen of Imladris

returning

Postby Ninquetolliel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:13 pm

*looks around forlornly* it has been a very long time indeed... I wonder if this is how the elves felt? Coming back to a place where they had so many memories, That used to be so alive, alive with with friends they knew and loved and laughed and cried with. But everyone has sailed on to different places....

On a lighter note, Coralie, if you still read this, I'm terribly thankful that you recovered and I pray that you find joy and vigor in life again. I hope you know that no matter how caught up we get in life, there are those of us who will always return, hoping to someday learn the end to your story.

Peace, and Eru be with you all.
~Ninque
Ninquetolliel
Shield Bearer

Postby LadyCoralie » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:48 pm

Ah hello all! First of all I must say that I'm sorry that nothing more of the Aussie has been seen for such a long time. Yes I was pretty sick there for a while, but thankfully things did work out for me. The problem is that I have been left with very bad migraines as a result of my illness (meningitis and meningioma) which have just gotten worse since last time I wrote a chapter. I kept a diary over 53 days and during that time I had 38 migraines, so you can probably understand that is quite a lot to deal with. I'm also studying art at uni and due to my illness I am way behind in all my studies which means that I am continuously trying to catch up. My doctor and the uni are looking at ways to reduce my study load due to my current medical condition and if that can happen and I can finally catch up, things may be looking brighter on the Aussie front. Wow! That was a run on sentence if ever there was one eh? :wink: There's just so much for me to do at the moment and so little time for me to achieve it. I know you all must feel like the elves felt, and believe me I do to. At the moment I wish there were some Elven remedies I could take. Don't despair folks. I'm sure the Aussie will return soon. It took Tolkien a decade to write LOTR. Hopefully mine shouldn't be that bad :P On the bright side, I am learning animation and perhaps there will come a day when I post some cartoon version of the Aussie on YouTube or something. Who knows? Keep your fingers crossed!

Talk to you all again soon.

Love

LadyC :rose:
LadyCoralie
Ranger of the North

Postby Gil-Estel » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:54 pm

I have spoken with Lady C recently and the plot problem that was bothering her has been solved! She is still very busy at university but Aussie will continue!!! :angel:
Gil-Estel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Erutanie_Litsos » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:38 pm

Eglerio!! Praise be to the Valar!! I look forward with unquenchable expectations!!

~tanie
Erutanie_Litsos
Shield Bearer

Postby TheE.I.Cebu » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:19 pm

HOORAY! That's all I can get out at the moment! Forth Aussie!
TheE.I.Cebu
Shield Bearer

Postby Eruantale » Wed May 14, 2008 6:54 am

Hullo all! Can anyone tell me where I can find the rest of the story (part 20 till... 40?)? I read the first couple of chapters some years ago, and while visiting this website again after a long, lóng time of absence I remembered the story and reread it till chapter 19, in Coralies Corner. I just can't find the next chapters... Has anyone got a link to it, perhaps?

~Erua
Eruantale
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyCoralie » Mon May 19, 2008 5:28 pm

Eruantale wrote:Hullo all! Can anyone tell me where I can find the rest of the story (part 20 till... 40?)? I read the first couple of chapters some years ago, and while visiting this website again after a long, lóng time of absence I remembered the story and reread it till chapter 19, in Coralies Corner. I just can't find the next chapters... Has anyone got a link to it, perhaps?

~Erua

Hi Erua,

I really do apologise for not writing anything since chapter 40 but Ihave been pretty ill and undergoing chemo which has thrown a real spanner in the works. I do plan to finish the story but lack the proper energy at the moment. You can find a link to all the chapters here:

http://www.theonering.com/reading_room/ ... ?aid=14709

On the front page of the Reading Room there is a list of featured authors. clicking on their name will bring up everything that's been published here if you lose that link.

Hope you enjoy the chapters. :)

Coralie
LadyCoralie
Ranger of the North

Postby Eruantale » Tue May 20, 2008 6:37 am

Thanks a lot, Coralie! I read a bit back in this topic, and I understand why yoou haven't written anything lately. I hope you will recover soon, and wish you good luck with everything.

Hugs,

Erua
Eruantale
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyCoralie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:39 pm

Thanks Erua. I am now facing a new challenge with breast cancer. I'm half way through chemo which is a pretty rough trot, but am trying to keep positive about everything. :)
LadyCoralie
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Writing: The Scriptorium of Imladris