The Tale of Esgalmir

Writing is a passion many people experience after reading Tolkien's works. Come here to discuss and share your experiences with writing.

Which one of the characters is your favorite?

Esgalmir
33%
Malfinien
50%
Sarah
17%
Mark or Jerry
No votes
Debbie McHean
No votes
Officer Bloom
No votes
Darryl
No votes

Total votes : 6

Postby Eredolyn » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:52 pm

I think you ought to sic muses on him. That might be more effective. :D

On a serious note...
If you.....don't write......I'm gonna....explode! :angry:

But hey, we have ways of making you write. =:)

What? You ask who "we" are? Well you will soon find out. Oh yes, my friend. Bwahahahahahhahaaa! :twisted:

-Ere
Eredolyn
Shield Bearer

Postby Tuima » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:08 pm

Mwa-ha, mmuuuaa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaa!!! :twisted:

Ohh, yes my friend. Ere and I, we won't just sic muses on you. We'll sic the IMMIES on you!! We did it to Coralie, we can do it to you! Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Tuima
Rider of the Mark

Postby balrogthane » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:51 pm

:shock:

We dares to ask, precious... what's an Immie? What's an Immie, precious?! :shock:

:P

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Tuima » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:51 pm

*Appeals to any lurkers* He DID ask for it!

So... Immies. I am an Immie, as is Eredolyn and a bunch of others. We got sick of waiting for the next chapter of LadyCoralie's story, and we decided to blackmail her into writing by taking a mutual friend hostage and tying her up in a closet. But she escaped (using her gruel spoon) and we tracked her down into Fangorn. Unfortunately we got captured and ran into a whole bunch of very exciting, humorous, and angsty adventures (Read our luverly story, MuseQuest!! Or go to the thread "What Fans do to Other Fans" here in the Scriptorium).
But our grand quest, as it were, is to track down the nine Muses who somehow (don't ask; still not sure) made it into Middle-Earth and are wandering about waiting to be gathered together and sent of to inspire recalcitrant writers!! We have three right now; we had four, but Melopomne ran off (after killing one of the Immies! Horrors!). Hopefully Coralie will write by the time we've collected all nine!

We also are beginning our own spin-off on the noble tradition of the PPC: IMMIES (Investigators of Muse-Mauling In Erratic Stories), in which we charge Mary-Sue authors with abusing their Muses, and condemn them to varying years in a library with the Silmarillion, Ivanhoe, Norse mythology, etc.

Yup. So you see, we are a force to be reckoned with!! :evil: :roll: And you don't want us setting off on a quest for YOUR muses, do you? Because then we'd have to deal with police officers and modern Chicago and other scary things, and you would not be happy at all! Bwa-ha-ha! :twisted:

Um. I will go now, and stop scaring people.
Tuima
Rider of the Mark

Postby balrogthane » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:55 pm

Oh... OK. Thanks for the synopsis.

*reads Tuima's tale* :shock: AWESOME! :D

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Sun May 08, 2005 9:46 am

NEXT CHAPTER!!!!! :angry: :x >-O :bang: :evil: :pull:

:whistle:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Sun May 08, 2005 6:17 pm

:blush:

Wait for... umm... later. Too much to do now. :|

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Tigerlily_Goldworthy » Sun May 08, 2005 6:48 pm

Is it later enough yet?
Tigerlily_Goldworthy
Mariner

Postby Eredolyn » Mon May 09, 2005 8:53 am

....How about noooooooooooooow??

-Ere
Eredolyn
Shield Bearer

Postby Eredolyn » Mon May 09, 2005 8:53 am

Sorry. Double posted. :roll:
Or maybe I'm not sorry....maybe I want to be annoying! :twisted:
Eredolyn
Shield Bearer

Postby *~Linsul~*~Songbreeze~* » Tue May 10, 2005 9:40 pm

You trolled me, now I troll you!

:cavetroll:

:TORC: , and I also love this tale, and I am :cry2: because you haven't written in FOREVER :!: WHY :?: :? And I'm :pull: because I need to know what happens next! :cry:
*~Linsul~*~Songbreeze~*
Rider of the Mark

Postby balrogthane » Tue May 10, 2005 9:58 pm

0_o

*writes... something*

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Tigerlily_Took » Sat May 28, 2005 7:56 pm

Okay, it's definatly been later...update..now..
Tigerlily_Took
Ranger of the North

Postby *~Linsul~*~Songbreeze~* » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:20 pm

... or now.....
*~Linsul~*~Songbreeze~*
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tigerlily_Goldworthy » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:03 pm

Mebbe even now!

*puppy eyes*

(wait a second... I don't like dogs... B^ -_-)
Tigerlily_Goldworthy
Mariner

Postby elf-maiden » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:34 am

Y'all expect too much out of the poor balrog. I mean it's not like half a year is enough time to come up with a chapter or so of good writing. :roll:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:21 pm

:club:

Now I've been insulted!

OK, OK, I'll write something... fact of the matter is, I just feel like it's such crap there's no sense in writing more. Plus, I've gotten some pretty negative reception here at home, which definitely doesn't do much for the ol' self-esteem... low s-e translates directly into very little interest in continuing the practice.

'course, y'all like it, so I suppose I'd better do some more. :|

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Tigerlily_Goldworthy » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:47 am

But it's not bad!

(Trust me... I've seen bad. Very. Bad.)

What to RL people know, anyway? We're (TORCers) the resident obsessive Tolkien fans!
Tigerlily_Goldworthy
Mariner

Postby elf-maiden » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:10 am

balrogthane wrote::club:

Now I've been insulted!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:whistle:

We all know your self-esteem is fine. And if it isn't,it should be. Your story is also good,as I'm sure you're also aware of. You're just lazy. :nono:

:wink:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Eredolyn » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:58 am

Still, self esteems can be very fragile. My self esteem has been a little rickety while writing stories too. Some stories can be so hard on your self esteem that you just have to let them go. But this story is a real winner, Balrogthane. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be so many people commenting to keep the story alive!

But if you want....my friends and I hold a nice little service that hunts down muses for waivering writers. If you feel uninspired, we could track down a few of your muses for you. Give us a call at "What Fans Do To Other Fans" here in the Scriptorium. :horse:

-Ere
Eredolyn
Shield Bearer

Postby balrogthane » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:07 am

:) Thanks, everyone... I'll get cracking on the next el crapola chapter tonight, then! :P

Ere-- forgive me if I'm wrong... but I don't think 'waivering' is a word, and if it is, it would mean 'giving waivers' or something. :P I think you meant 'wavering'? ...which would be quite accurate. :| Thanks for the offer!

Elfy-- my self-esteem is pretty crappy, I've just learned to pretend to be confident.

TG-- yeah, we're the rabid TORCers. :horse: But Mommy and my sister are both lit. lovers; sister actually writes some stuff herself. So their criticism isn't of the Tolkien stuff, just of the baaaaad quality of the writing. :wink: :P

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Tigerlily_Goldworthy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:26 am

The Balrog with the low self-worth problem wrote:next el crapola chapter tonight

Not to bug you or anything, but I'm thinking you probably should stick to French when it comes to other languages. ;)

And as far as your Mom and sister go... Doctor Seuss was rejected by 27 publishers before someone agreeed to publish his first book... and now his stories are classics. Just because they don't like it doesn't mean that it's bad. *shrug*

And even if it's not exactly Shakespeare, how do you think you'll improve your writing if you do not practice? Hmm?
Tigerlily_Goldworthy
Mariner

Postby elf-maiden » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:01 pm

BT- You're right,this story is terrible. My six year old cousin has scribbled better in her spare time. In fact I could just feel my I.Q. dropping when reading it. You should never write again...for the good of mankind. Compared to this, Mary Sue stories are works of genius.

Hope you enjoyed my review. :)

For those of you ready to skin me alive: No, the above is in not at all true. :P
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby *~Linsul~*~Songbreeze~* » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:51 pm

Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write! Write!
PLEASE!
*~Linsul~*~Songbreeze~*
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ellehcim » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:29 am

Dude! You have to freaking write more! :shock:

I just ventured into the Scriptorium for the first time this morning. At just after 4 a.m. I hadn't gone to bed yet. Well, I saw this thread and thought, "Oh, a story by BT. I should read that. :D" And then I read the beginning and was like ":shock: Wow! Dude that's awesome!" And it's now 7:30 a.m. I've spent the last three and a half hours of my life(YOU HEAR ME?! THREE AND A HALF FREAKING HOURS WHEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN SLEEPING!!) reading your story(and the rest of the thread :D)! That means it's good. I must hear more! I must! I must! I must! :shock: *dies*

In other words, you're really good and it doesn't matter what your family is saying because if we all really enjoyed it as much as we did, it must be good! :) :hug: *goes off to recommend your story to all of TORC, thread by thread* :D And you can't stop me! :P :wink:

*~*~*Elle*~*~*
Ellehcim
Ranger of the North

Postby Tuima » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:15 am

Ditto for the above! Times ten! I haven't been able to post for a while, and I've been grinding my teeth with the frustrated desire to sic my 2x4-wielding Muse (don't ask. She showed up during finals last semester and... *shudder*) on you!! IF YOU DON'T FINISH THIS STORY I SWEAR HEADS WILL ROLL! I'm going CRAZY here. WRITE, or the Immies will MuseQuest YOU... and let me just tell you now, the last thing you want is a redhead, a fanatic, a warrior, a "normal girl", a coupla elves, a Gondorian Prince, an angsty writer dressed as an orc, an ex-orc who can angst like nothin' you've ever seen before, and sundry others to be set loose in Chicago hunting down your Muse! It will not be pretty. It will be even less pretty if I have to hunt you down and force you to write, at Muse-point if necessary.
WRITE, goshdarn it! You can't DO this to all of us!!! :x :evil:

.... Please? :(
Tuima
Rider of the Mark

Postby GwenElf » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:02 pm

Tuima wrote:It will not be pretty. It will be even less pretty if I have to hunt you down and force you to write, at Muse-point if necessary.

:shock: Can you threaten someone that severely and still remain within the TOS? Wow, Tuima... :shock:

Come oooooooonnnn, BT! It's great! Really creative plot, and characters that aren't flat and Sueish! You're off to a great start! So turn off the Insecure Machine and WRITE!

So there.

*nod*

GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Anorelen » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:46 am

well hello balrogthane.
i wandered into the messageboard and somehow landed up here and now i am hooked.
i am not sure whether to beg :( or get angry (like the immies) :evil: :x or whatever else it takes to get you to write more.
i think you could save us a lot of trouble if you WROTE MORE NOW!!! ahem.
well, you get the point.

anorelen :)
Anorelen
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tigerlily_Took » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:25 pm

Teh BT has said he's writing more...so hopefully it will be up soon. I'll be gone for a week and two days...I'd hope it's up by then :P
Tigerlily_Took
Ranger of the North

Postby ChocolateCoveredAngel » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:34 am

It will be...*gets out ze hammer*
ChocolateCoveredAngel
Citizen of Imladris

PreviousNext

Return to Writing: The Scriptorium of Imladris