What are the ways to make your poems spread to the audience?

Writing is a passion many people experience after reading Tolkien's works. Come here to discuss and share your experiences with writing.

What are the ways to make your poems spread to the audience?

Postby Jennith » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:01 pm

Hi and my regards to everyone, poem is a way to express yourself and the surroundings that influence you in many ways. There have been poets that have touched either of us and on which I believe that we get inspired to write poetry. One of my favorites is Sir William Wordsworth of whose Daffodils was a great work. I have too some of written poems which I believe will be a pleasure to hear. What are the different ways that one can use to spread their works to the audience?
Jennith
Petitioner to the Council

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:10 pm

Well, you might try finding out at your local library if there are Poetry clubs or Writers clubs in your city. Also, if your city has a University, they might have an Arts "society" that may include poets as well as writers, painters, sculptors, performance artists, musicians, etc., etc.

Also at the Library, there may be a bulletin board with notices for Poetry Contests, or your local newspaper(s) may know of similar things. Entering contests is a good way to get your stuff "out there", and if there does happen to be a sort of "Poets Society" in your city, going to their open stage evenings could be a good way to be able to read your work in public.

Not to mention its a great way to meet like-minded folks and hear lots of interesting stuff. ;)

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Return to Writing: The Scriptorium of Imladris