Followers of Eru, the first decade! :D

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Re: Followers of Eru, the first decade! :D

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:41 am

13 pounds??? WOW! She lost weight without even trying! ;) But I wouldn't recommend the plan, eh?

So glad to hear she's doing well, Morwenna! I was wondering how she was doing. :hug: Keep us updated when the next surgery is to start, and pass on the :hug: for us. :D

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Re: Followers of Eru, the first decade! :D

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:58 am

Popping in to wake everyone up, see how everyone is doing and to post a prayer request

It's for two people under similar cicumstances and they've both been on my heart recently. One of them I don't know entirely why, but I have some suspicions.

My cousin Ben is first. He has bee searching for God his entire life and has taken the long way about it. He was raised by a mean catholic mother and so for many years wanted nothing to do with God. He's circled around and circled around...this time last year he was in to Buddism. Now, he's come a little closer and says he believes in God, but all religions lead to the same place, so he picks and chooses what he likes. So, when you think of it, please give Ben a prayer or two.

The second is a friend I've not seen in about 2 years, JJ. I used to see him once or twice a month when I worked for the paper, but the last time was when I made rounds after I lost my job to tell everyone goodbye. I used to pray for him regularly, but got away from it. About a week ago I had a dream that started a story I've been working on, and unintentionally (I didn't even realize it until I was well in) the one character resembles JJ a little. A couple days later there was a murder suicide in his hometown, and because I know so many people there, I got in contact with one of them (the mayor) and asked her if she knew who it was...and it wasn't anyone I know (or she knew even). But that night, and successive nights, I've been dreaming about him. And the feeling is like God is shouting someone needs to be praying for him!!! and I don't get feelings like that often. I know he suffers from depression and I've wondered, being the holiday season if this year is going to be critical, and God knows I'll do it.

That was a lot longer than I intended, but if you'd say a couple prayers for both of these people, I'd appreciate it. :)

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth