Middle-Aged Crazy Guild Part VI

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Middle-Aged Crazy Guild Part VI

Postby NimrodelSong » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:05 am

Middle-Aged TORCers, Unite! :TORC:

Here is our new thread, MACers. Wow, hard to believe we were in that last thread for over two years. :shock:

We welcome anyone else who is "middle-aged" or feels at home with us. You don't have to be "crazy" to post here, but it helps! :D

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby dr_boots » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi everyone :hihi:

Sorry to have been so absent of late. I had extensive dental work done and was off work for over a week, plus of course the SNOW, lots and lots of SNOW. The man who plows us out got halfway through (this was the third time it had been plowed out in as many days) when the hydraulics on his plow blade went to hydraulics heaven. It was another 2 days before he could get us plowed out :roll: . Its a wonderland of white right now. There must be about 3 to 4 feet on the ground (blast lake affect snow!!!!) :bang: .

With all the snow, I've tried to keep an area shoveled for the hounds to do their business. Thank goodness greyhounds have such long legs. Happy runs and bounds into the deepest snow but Mavis has a short worn path that she runs back and forth on but refuses to go in the deeper snow.

Thursday, MM collapsed at the grocery store. I thought it was low blood sugar at first so gave her some orange juice and a glucose tablet. She refused to have them call an ambulance and just wanted to go home. I was with her so we got her in the car and I noticed she was having trouble with her right hand and leg. I decided to drive her to the emergency at the hospital but stopped at my neighbors to give her a key to the house to let the hounds out and we ended up getting stuck in the snow and ice in her driveway. Ended up calling an ambulance.... Anyway MM's doctor said she was having TIAs which I understand are warning signs of a possible stroke. Sort of mini strokes. They got her stabilized at the hospital and she spent the night there. They did a doppler on her and found 50% blockage. She is home now and seems to be doing fine. There is no permanent damage from a TIA. She goes back to her doctor tomorrow to determine what the next step is so wish her luck and keep her in your prayers. She keeps calm by thinking of summer and sitting on the porch swing and listening to the windchimes.

This was my first day back at work so was just catching up on MAC. Welcome to all. Morwena, don't be worried about being over 60. There are a couple of us who qualify for that :wink: .

Well I will try to let you all n=know how MM does after her appointment tomorrow.

Lots of love & hugs
Dr. B (ElRhondA)
Chaser after loose Greyhounds
Slave to all cats
Proud citizen of MACadamia

"No, my neighbors, never think
that path is a short one; you must
have a lion's heart to go by that way, it
is not short and its seas are deep,
you will walk it long in wonder, sometimes
smiling, sometimes weeping."

-Attar, "Parliament of the Birds"
dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Morwenna » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi.

Some of you know me from other threads, but I guess I ought to introduce myself to those whose posts I've never seen except in here.

I'll be 63 in February; I've been married for over 19 years to a man 9 years my junior (thought he'd take care of me--right... I'm the healthier one, and right now the only one employed!), the only marriage for both of us. We never had the good fortune to have kids (more's the pity, especially for his sake; he'd have made a wonderful father). We do have two cats; I talk about them over in Cat-Lovers.

We met about 30 years ago in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism), and we're still active in that (though not as much as we used to be). We go to a handful of science fiction conventions every year, along with some of our friends. We both sing (though his voice is the better and stronger), and were in a madrigal group together for some years. He's done some acting locally, but not for several years now.

We're not career people. We have jobs--or had, in his case. I'm the college grad; he isn't. But we have friends who consider him very well educated in spite of that. Let's face it, we read a LOT!! :D And we tend to get into big discussions in the morning before getting up, on non-work days; we gave it the nickname years ago of Sunday Morning Philosophy.

He's a great cook. I'm an OK cook. We don't starve. :D In fact he had a gastric bypass nearly 3 years ago, and lost over a hundred pounds, but he still has about a hundred to go! Me, I could stand to take off about 40, but I'm not worrying too much.

We're apartment dwellers, with far more stuff than we need, and we're trying to clear some of it out. We got a good start a few months ago, and then got somewhat derailed by plumbing repairs that messed up ceilings and walls that have yet to be repaired so we have lots of things in the wrong rooms that we had just gotten organized for the first time in years... oh well...

But enough of that. :) Thanks for the welcome!
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Morwenna welcome darling. I hope that as you become accustom to us that you will make us a home away from home. Each summer we try to all get together at the Last Homely House in Michigan for a long weekend. It has been wonderful to enjoy our many friends from here upon the boards. Perhaps you could plan on joining us sometime. I will be going again this year after having missed the last two due to an emergency aortic surgery in 08' and trying to recover from the financial hit it laid upon us and my lay off after wards. This year we cant wait to get back there!!

Dr. B please tell MooterMom that I expect to come and sit and enjoy some extra time on the porch with her this summer. I think I will pass on some of the wonderful activities this year to sit and read while enjoying the porch swing and the breeze while watching the fireflies doing their evening dance!! I will partake of some but I want to relax more and take it easier this year but do not think you all have to sit home on account of me. For heavens sake go to the beach and we will still enjoy the boat ride at sunset hopefully with Capt'n Kathy. I do want to enjoy a nice lunch out with some shopping but I walk all day now and don't wish to do so much walking this year except maybe around the yard and along the Withywindle. :D Please tell her to take care of herself so we can see her again. Ryan and I both are so anxious to see and hug her and yourself!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hero's Song » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Welcome Morwenna!

Dr. B - We've been missing you! Please tell MM she is in my prayers and thoughts. My Daddy had TIAs before his stroke, so I'm glad you're not ignoring this. Take care of her, she is preciousss to all of us who have had the privilege to meet her!

:hug:

Hero (the middle aged crazy college student) :D
Hero's Song
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 am

:grouphug:

dr_b, I was so sorry to hear about your mom. It is my hope and prayer that she suffers no further trouble from this incident. Please give her a big hug from me (and one for yourself too :hug:). :)

:shock: WOW, you have a lot of snow on the ground. We have a measley 2" or so. :D

NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby dr_boots » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Mae Govannen!

MM just called. The doctor said that though she had 50% blockage it wasn't so bad as to be cause for extreme alarm at the moment. He is setting up an appointment for her with a Vascular surgeon who comes to the MOOTerville hospital once a week from Borges hospital in Kalamazoo. He will recomment the next step. MM really likes her new doctor 'cause he actually listens to her and talks to her like an adult. :shock:

I go tomorrow to the VA hospital in Battle Creek (about 20 miles east of Kalamazoo. Nothing wrong, just getting a long overdue eye exam and a bone density scan. We ladies of a certain age have to start watching out for bone loss :roll: .

We are actually supposed to start getting some above freezing temperatures the rest of the week :yippie: . I hope so. I know it won't be enough make any substantial inroads on all the snow but at least some of the icicles hanging from the Last Homely House might melt.

Mooterville actually had fireworks last Saturday as part of their winter/ice sculpture festival :D . We hadn't realized they were going to do it until the first big boom went off. It was really beautiful as they set them off in the park across the river from us and with the trees bare of leaves we got a fantastic view. It was really extraordinary as the colors and lights reflected off the snow and sparkled through the icicles. I think it was much more beautiful that the display they put on for the 4th of July.

Hwesta, at least Rosie seems to cover her "gifts" up. Lucy Lu does the dump and run :P . Poor Mojo gets such a disgusted look when he goes to use the box and finds Lucy was there first. For all her size, Jabba the Hut is a very fastidious litter box user. MOOTers, you would not believe how "FAT" Lucy Lu has gotten :oops: . though nothing like Jabba. I am sure there is a petite and slim Siamese hiding in there. She is still as sqirreley as ever.

Morwena, great to get to know a little about you. Where do you hail from? I think most of us here are critter lovers. I have 3 cats and 2 rescue greyhounds. Lucy Lu the siamese loves Mavis the greyhound and tracks her down wherever she is and lays with her and pats her face. I am 61 and work in a library. I get to order the scifi and fantasy and graphic novels for the adult department :clap: . Can't ask for better than that I guess. Especially since I get to read them first before they go out on the shelf :wink: . As Vana mentioned, many of us meet here in Southwest Michigan in June for a mini MOOT. I live about 8 miles form Lake Michigan so we always visit the beaches, go out for a boat ride on the Star of Saugatuck on Lake Michigan captained by our all time favorite captain...Captain Kathy. We even take our favorite fellows along (our stand ups of Aragorn, Captain Jack Sparrow and Legolas and Gimli). This next June we are going to try for a sand castle building contest by building Helms Deep. Weather permitting we usually have a cookout and a campfire down by the Withywindle (aka Paw Paw river) behind the house. Nunke plays a mean guitar and Ryan was able to bring his harp one year. Also have pennywhistles and drums for any so inclined to join in.

Well lunch is about over here and myself, Jill and the Video Queen will be having our book club meeting to go over the books we will order for next month. You all take care and I will be back Thursday!

Lots of love & hugs
Rhonda (Dr. B)
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Hwesta » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:45 pm

dr.b - Please give MM some good, big hugs and ask her to return the favor for me. Thank goodness she has a *listening* doctor. They are a rare breed.

*tsk* There was only 1 1/2 inches or so of the 'white blanket of death' (read 'snow') around here but you would never know it by the way everyone reacted. True, I am cautious at any mention of snow on the ground - pot, meet kettle - but it is as much because of the way people drive!

Which brings a question to mind. When the Fellowship was trying to get over Caradhas, how on earth did they manage their cloaks? I know when I have worn mine in the winter (SCA events) that they don't keep the wind out. And I am trying to visualize gloves. I know Aragorn was wearing fingerless gloves on one hand (the scene with Boromer holding up the Ring on the chain) but what about everyone else?

lots of hugs to all
Hwesta
Hwesta
Shield Bearer

Postby Hero's Song » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:03 pm

Just running in to ask for prayers. Our Dad's sugar bottomed out last night and he ended up in the emergency room. :( Nunke was at home with Mom, thank God. They had him on a low carb diet before his cancer scan and it played havoc with his diabetes. They expect to let him go home tomorrow after they get some fluid out of his lungs and will try the scan again next week - with a different prep method. :nono:

I'm worried about it taking so long to get his radiation and chemo started. I want to get this battle going!!

Love,
Hero (and Nunke)
Hero's Song
Ranger of the North

Postby Morwenna » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:29 pm

Oh Hero, prayers indeed. :rose:
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Hwesta I think their cloaks being made by the elves were suppose to be very light and cool when it was warm but very warm when it was cold.

Ryan and I wear wool cloaks for SCA and other events and mine is lined with fleece and I stay very warm. Of course we do wear wool gloves as well. I will not go without them in the winter. Oh and we use Hand Warmers or Hotties in our gloves as well. :D Hey whatever it takes to keep warm. :thumbsup:

I, for one, would never be caught climbing a mountain in the snow with or without a wool cloak or even a down coat. I am not crazy enough to attempt such a silly thing.

Hero and Nunke our prayers are with your dad and mom!!

Dr B how is MooterMom doing today??? Give her our love!! We are praying for her as well. :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby dr_boots » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi all! :hihi:

Got back safe and sound from my trip to the VA hospital yesterday. I won't know for a few days how the bone density turned out but the eye exam went really good. They said my eyes are very healthy though my perscription has changed. I get a free pair of glasses :thumbsup: . I have the progressive lenses now but still end up taking off my glasses to read or do any close work. They are sending me glasses that are just for distance vision (I am as near sighted as they come :roll: ). I now have a new perscription and can go to one of the optical chain and get progressives if I want.

MM is doing well but is going stir crazy being at home all day with no wheels. Its all I can do to keep her from taking on too big a project around the house. Today she decided to clean out some drawers which shouldn't be too bad. The doctor said she could drive if she wanted but I am so paranoid about her have another attack. Maybe after we see the cardio vascular surgeon and find out his recommendations I will feel better.

We're having marvelous weather right now. Yesterday was warm and sunny and today is warmer still though somewhat cloudy. The icicles hanging from the Last Homely House are turning cloudy and shrinking.

Hero & Nun so sorry to hear about your Dad. When blood sugar levels start swinging like that, it is hard to get them back in check. I know how you feel about the time it takes to get treatment started. They always tell you to be quick about getting cancer detected but then it seems to take forever for them to do anything about it. I will be thinking of you and your Dad and saying a prayer for him.

Hwesta, I noticed that the cloak I made for the Gathering in Toronto was not very warm when walking the snowy streets. I do have a very heavy hooded wool cloak that my aunt found somewhere. You are welcome to it if you would like. I've never used it. Its sort of a woody green/brown (think the Mirkwood Elves). :wink:

Lunch is about over. You all take care and

Lots of love & hugs
Dr. B (ElRhondA)
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:54 pm

hello all.We finished sorting out Mom's trailer. there are still things in there being stored until my sister makes room in her downstairs for us to set up a sewing room. I finished up most of the quilt tops and now have to put them together.
We finished in the trailer about 3:30 Saturday. After my brothers and sisters left I fell asleep until 6:30, woke up, ate a sandwich, fell asleep, woke up at 11:30, got a drink, went to bathroom, fell asleep, woke up at 7:30 AM, got a cup of coffee, drank it fell back to sleep, slept 'til 11:30, went potty, went back to sleep until 2:00 when I finally got up. whenI wasn't sleeping all I could do was cry. I think it finally hit me that Mom was really gone and was not coming home. I was a wreck for the next few days, but I'm feeling better now.
I can't wait until Summer.
dr B... tell MM to follow her doctors orders. we need her around for a long time...
well it's getting late and I'm beat so I'm going to sign off and get some sleep. prayers and good thoughts to all
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Was that Borin in disguise??? ;)
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:49 pm

yes Vana dear 'twas me on my eldest daughter's account. I forgot that I snuck in without switching users. feeling better today still kind of emotionally drained. well dear daughter is standing here waiting to get on and I need to get some sleep. will try to get on again tomorrow
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:03 am

Yeah she snuckadid on to my account.... the sneeky sneeker

I'm OLD enough to come in here now so

HERE I AM.... Iv'e invadedid....
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Welcome Robin dear!!! :hug: It is great to have you join with us hon.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hero's Song » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:12 pm

Hello all,

This month is whizzing by. I'm spending four days a week at a middle school with sixth graders and I LOVE it. They are so fun at that age. I am getting a real feel for what it will be like when I do this for real and I'm feeling good about my career choice. 8)

Just wanted to say hello and remind everyone that you are invited to my midwinter moot. I know most of you can't make it, but I want to be sure you know you are welcome. :)

This year it will be Feb. 5-7. We always include Mexican supper on Friday night, Italian yumminess on Saturday night before we head to my music minister's house to watch one of the MOVIES in his media room with a huge projection screen, surround sound, comfy couches, and popcorn and sweets. We usually take a walk if weather permits and browse craft and antique stores and hit up the local coffee shop.

Sound fun? Come join us! I am hoping to have a moot this fall as well for all you people who can't make it in the winter, but I don't know the date until I find out where I'll be doing my student teaching.

Daddy has his scan scheduled for tomorrow. We are hoping and praying he'll be able to get through it this time and that the cancer has vanished!! That would be awesome, but regardless, God is good.

Love you all,
Hero
Hero's Song
Ranger of the North

Postby Morwenna » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:39 am

Where do you live, Hero? (I can't make it this year anyway, but it would be nice to know.)

Well, now, they didn't get the Lothlorien elven cloaks till after Caradhras, so they'd have had whatever they brought from home. I can't remember what they wore in the movie, and it doesn't matter anyway.

It's always hard packing up after a loved one is gone. It was different in my case; I had to deal with my mother's stuff when she went into a nursing home, and she lived another 14 years (if you call it living, with Alzheimer's).
But it reminds me f when my maiden aunt died; fortunately she didn't have as much stuff as the average couple, and being single (and mentally irresponsible) she moved around a lot. But my mother and her brothers and sisters-in-law had to deal with it all, and a cousin of theirs (who used to look after this aunt from a distance) took on all the paperwork. I heard all the sad details.

Mom was by far the last to go. True, she was the youngest, but she was also the oldest at death; she was 95, and none of the others had reached 90; some didn't reach 80.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:10 am

You are correct Morwenna. I blundered on that one. No they had not been to Lothlorien yet. Oops!! I jumped the gun on that one. Anyways I know that the thicker the cloak the easier it is to block out the wind. My cloak is a thick wool with the fleece inner lining so the wind does not go through it at all. It is very toasty but on the swing side if it isn't real cold then it is too much cloak to wear. :P

I remember when my folks had to go through all my dads moms stuff after her passing. It was a lot of work. My folks have gotten rid of most of their stuff and live with my sister in California so there wont be anything really for me to do when that time comes. Though it will be hard knowing I am so far away.

Hero that sounds lovely!! I wish we could come but alas we can not this time of year but who knows about this next fall or winter. We will keep the option open if you don't mind. Perhaps I can come over at least. **crosses fingers**
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hero's Song » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 pm

I live in Berea, Kentucky, southeast of Lexington. :)
Hero's Song
Ranger of the North

Postby Hwesta » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:44 am

Hero I will be delighted to attend - barring any Caradhras type complications.
:shock: Would have thought the doctors would have taken your Dads diabetes into account before starting up the low-carb prep. *tsk* You all are in my prayers and in those of a few others who I have more faith in than myself. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Borin Consider yourself hugged. There was such poignancy in your post.

dr.b Robin is absolutely right! We do need MM (and you, for that matter) around for a long time!

love you all
Hwesta
Hwesta
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi everyone! :hihi:

Sounds like we are in for a warm up for this weekend here in MOOTerville :yippie: . I hope so. Its really treacherous walking now where the snow has melted and refrozen. Poor Happy and Mavis are not setting any land speed records now :roll: . Their nails need clipping but for now that gives them some traction. I am pet sitting and each trip out to the barn to feed Jason the Wonderhorse is an adventure with the intrepid explorer Dr. B making her way across the frozen (and lumpy) ice sheet :horse: .

Hero and Nun, I am keeping your Dad in my thoughts and prayers :hug: .

Today was MM's birthday. Our neighbor took her out for lunch and they went looking around an antique mall. Sounds like they had a rreally good time. I take her over to Kalamazoo next Tuesday to see the vascular specialist about her mini stroke. We are waiting to see what he recommends.

Mooters, I think we will have a new treat awaiting us in June :thumbsup: . They finally opened up the carousel museum down by the beach in St. Joe. They were able to get many of the original beautifully carved carousel horses and other animals from the Silver Beach amusement park. I used to go to the park as a little kid and I know it had been around for a long time before that. These were the kind of carved animals that you see in the books. I don't know if they have the carousel working yet but thought you might enjoy seeing the artistry of the old carvings. There is also a butterfly house down there below the bluff which should be open by June.

WOOPS! Just looked at the time and lunch is over. Take care!

Lots of love & hugs
Rhonda (Dr. B)
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby LalaithUrwen » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:57 pm

I'm crossing fingers and toes about attending the mini-moot! Unfortunately, it falls on a bad weekend for me, since Craig and my mom both work. (They're my childcare options!) I *think* it might work out, though. I'm trying to tie up the loose ends now.

Hello to Morwenna!

And prayers for MM and Hero's and nunke's dad! {{HUGS}}
LalaithUrwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Happy Birthday Dorothy!!!! :clap: :yippie: I am so glad that you got to go out for lunch on your birthday sweetie!!! :hug:

Hero and Nunke we are praying for your father's continued care and treatment! :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby NimrodelSong » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:16 am

dr_b, I hope that your mom had a nice birthday. Glad that she got to get out and enjoy herself. :) That was nice of your neighbor. Please give your mom a hug for me.
That's neat about the carousel horses. Hope to get to see them, and I also would *love* to see the butterfly house.

Lalaith, I'm crossing all available appendages that you will be able to make it to HS's mini-moot! We really do have such a good time! :)

Speaking of which, HS, would you e-mail me and tell me the phone number that I should use when I need to call you on my way over to your house. Thanks. :)

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby Hwesta » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:42 am

:clap: :hug: Happy Birthday MM!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :drink:

Nim Thanks for the reminder. I'll need to double check on directions myself. (I am the one who could get lost in a paper bag...)

Hero I am pretty sure I have your phone number so I will be talking to you soon. Can I bring anything? I am in one of my cooking moods. Oh - I could try doing up the amazing spiced almonds I had at Christmas tourney.

Nunke Do you need a chauffer? My car is amazingly clean at the moment and at your service.

You know, the fact my wool cloak with the insulated lining doesn't keep me
very warm could have something to do with the fact that it is over 30 years old... Hmmm. Ya think? :roll:

I know. I'm rambling. Better go home and scrub.
Hwesta

P.S. Nim I am pretty sure I heard that our Orlando is in one of the Sundance Festival movies.
Hwesta
Shield Bearer

Postby Hero's Song » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:03 pm

Happy belated birthday to MM :) Wish I could see you more than once a year!! You've become like a second mom to me and the rest of the MACers. 8)

Lalaith - I truly hope you can come. You've missed out on way to much mooting in the past few years!!

:nono:
Nim - I'll send you my phone No. Is Susie coming? I need to arrange for bedding. I know Nunke is coming and she probably will take you up on your offer for a ride Hwesta, since her car died a few months ago and, as far as I know, she is still borrowing Mom and Dad's truck.

Tuesday we find out how advanced Dad's cancer is. I dread hearing it. I fear the worst, but hope for the best. Unless it's 100% gone, he will have a feeding and chemo tube installed Friday. :( DH and I plan to go up next weekend and spend a few days helping out Mom and visiting John. Then it will be back home for me to get ready for the mini moot. Woot!! :drink:

Love to all - can't wait to see you all in June. The butterflies, carousel museum, sand-castle building, and all the other fun stuff sound wonderful!

Hero
Hero's Song
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:41 am

HS, sorry that I forgot to tell you that Susie can't make it. She doesn't think she can find a bus driver to replace her that Friday, and the job situation in the school district up there is a bit scary right now. :(
Will be thinking of you all, and your dad tomorrow. :hug:

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby Gilestel » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:44 am

Hello to All,

Prayers for Nunke and Debbie, Happy Birthday MM, sorry still not much to say except Hi

GIL :grouphug:
Gilestel
Shield Bearer

Next

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth