Middle-Aged Crazy Guild Part VI

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Re: Middle-Aged Crazy Guild Part VI

Postby dr_boots » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Mae Govannen!

Well fishyssoise is gone. :( Now I have to get to work cleaning out the pond and putting in fresh water and I believe a new water lily. My cousin and I are about to start assembling the Middle Earth sign post that she made me for Christmas. Want to pick a good location and then get every thing oriented so the signs are pointing in right directions.

It snowed last night. Not much but it was enough to cover the car and put a nice layer of black ice on the parking area at work. Luckily I felt my foot start to slip before I was all the way out of the car so a magnificent Dr. B pratfall was averted.

I just put in a pre order for Tolkien's Beowulf translation that comes out next month. This contains some previously unpublished material.

My cousin and I are going to see Winter Soldier this Saturday and then Saturday night I am going over to friend Margaret's house to watch The Hobbit: DOS. That along with going to lunch with Carol Friday and my cousin is now calling me a social butterfly. After that I really have to get down and dirty with getting The Last Homely House ready for the MOOT. That time will be upon us before you know it.

Well its to bed for me.

Dr. B
Chaser after loose Greyhounds
Slave to all cats
Proud citizen of MACadamia

"No, my neighbors, never think
that path is a short one; you must
have a lion's heart to go by that way, it
is not short and its seas are deep,
you will walk it long in wonder, sometimes
smiling, sometimes weeping."

-Attar, "Parliament of the Birds"
dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:06 pm

Dr. B sorry to hear about your loss of fishyssoise! But I know you will get the pond back up and running again so that you can get a new fishy in soon.

Oh do post piccies of the place all ready for the moot and the new sign you are putting up as well. I really want to see.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby dr_boots » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Hello!!!

Well it's not snowing out!!! YAY!!!!

I watched Fargo on Tuesday. Acting was exemplary, especially Martin Freeman (advice to Thorin.....don't get Bilbo mad) but the show was just way too graphically violent/gory for me. I'm not one for that type of murderous killing.

I've got three days off coming up. Hopefully the weather will be nice. Nice means not snowing or sleeting. Asking for warm temperatures would be too much to hope for. My cousin is coming over tomorrow night. We'll probably go out to eat at Board Of Trade over by Paw Paw Lake which has become a favorite of the MOOTers. Then going to see Winter Soldier on Saturday. :thumbsup:

Anyway, Happy Easter to you all. Don't eat too many peeps or chocolate bunnies. :D

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Hwesta » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:23 pm

dr. b Enjoy your three days off. Maybe you will even get some sun!

Happy Easter everyone!

Hwesta
Hwesta
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Happy Easter!!! To one and all!! :grouphug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Padger » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:56 am

Have a H A P P Y E A S T E R weekend everyone ! ! ! ! :happydance: :clap:
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby Morwenna » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:41 am

I adore Martin Freeman, so hubby made me at least start to watch Fargo. But when I knew the premise, I decided not to stay. No matter how much I like certain performers, I have no intention of watching a show that I don't like. It's happened before; back in the day I had the hots for Anthony Andrews, but I lost interest in Danger UXB after one episode.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby dr_boots » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi everyone,

It was over 70 today!!!!! YAY. Had windows open listening to birds, spring peepers and the sound of the train in the distance. My favorite part of warm weather. Spent part of the afternoon going around checking on the solar lights to see which ones need new batteries and which ones need to be replaced. So far it looks like the damage wasn't too bad.

Well it appears that this winter killed off the bees that have been living in the wall of the house for about the last 5 or 6 years. No activity at all. I am glad and sad at the same time. With all the problems of declining bee populations, I hated to see another colony lost. I will have to see if I can get my neighbor up on a ladder and plug up the holes the bees used to get under the siding to prevent some other bees from starting another colony.

Morwenna, I only watched a tiny bit of Fargo before switching channels. Just wanted to see Mr. Freeman and hear how he did with a Minnesota accent. I had forgotten what the original movie was like. I wasn't able to watch it all the way through either.

Went to see Captain America and the Winter Soldier on Saturday. I enjoyed it and the fact that the Winter Soldier was a swoonable hottie (despite being a tortured and brainwashed, psychotic, amnesiac assassin) didn't hurt either :wink: :wink: . Where has this man been???? Had a little more car crashes and shootouts than necessary but the story line was really good, especially when it got into the debate about the tradeoffs we are willing to make between freedom and security. I expect to see the Winter Soldier with his own movie or at least on equal footing with Captain America in future films.....(yes he is redeemed by the end of the movie and really stole the movie IMO). Up next for me is X-Men next month....and then The Hobbit in December. Such riches!!!!

Vana, sending you some hugs and good thoughts that you get the Home Depot job.

With the warm weather the cats have really been enjoying snoozing out on the back porch and hunting down any patch of sunlight. Happy likes to lay out on the front porch in the sun as well. I spent a little time sitting out on the porch swing and let the breeze blow away all the winter cobwebs out of my head. When I went over the Margaret's Saturday night to watch DOS, her husband told me they had lost all the fish in their pond over the winter and they must have had close to 100 fish in there...its a very big pond. I was hoping to replace mine from their stock but I guess I will have to look elsewhere. This means a trip to Wedel's in Kazoo.

Getting late here. Carol had come over and we watched some Doctor Who and probably watched more than we should have. It was almost 11:00 when she left. She and her husband Joe were working outside all day today and she was glad for the chance to relax and have a cup of coffee.

Good night, sleep sweet!

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Morwenna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:27 am

How was everyone's holiday?

We went to an SCA event on Saturday (beautiful day, but Windy!!), and Sunday we went to my brother-in-law's for dinner. Tons of food (even though they say they cut back from the usual); 15 adults and 6 children. Lovely day, so that after dinner most of us sat outdoors to chat and relax. Well, it was a little chilly for me so I put my jacket on; some of them went out bare-armed!! Bunch of eskimos in the family, I swear...

Here I was, thrilled that I could finally wear a jacket instead of my winter raincoat; but this morning, it was about 30 F , even though they were predicting it to get up to 60 during the day! But I leave home at 6:30 AM; what's a girl to do? :roll:
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Hwesta » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Easter dinner at my folks house turned out very well. My Darling Niece wasn't able to be there but my sister and Brother-in-law and my Darling Nephew were able to attend. It was a beautiful day.

I spent several days prior to Easter trying to get my parents front yard back into shape: weeding, setting out a few annuals and mulching. Somewhere in all of that I got into some poison ivy! :roll: I have it on my hands and arms and even some on my face. Ow. Itch, itch, itch. I purely hate poison ivy!

Hugs to everyone!
Hwesta
Hwesta
Shield Bearer

Postby Morwenna » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:34 am

Ow ow ow ow ow!! Poor Hwesta... :hug: (carefully) I hope you get over it soon!
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby dr_boots » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:55 am

O Hwesta, that pesky plant! Never had it myself but MM had a bad bout of it. I remember how miserable she was. Hope its all gone by June. Didn't Nun get some here one MOOT?

I didn't realize it but Richard Armitage filmed parts of his upcoming movie here in Michigan. My cousin found references to it. I guess it was around Oakland University back in 2012. My cousin found the mentions on some blogs. Her sister has many friends in the Ann Arbor area and they mentioned it to her. Dang, it I had only known. I guess film is coming out this summer and is about a father looking for one of his sons after a deadly tornado outbreak. Its supposed to take place in Oklahoma.

We are back to the cold for last night and today. Frost and freeze warnings out. Will it never end?????

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Hwesta » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Morwenna Thank you for your kind words.

dr. b I certainly hope I am over this by June! Mercy! I went to the doctor today and he prescribed a short course of steroids to clear it up.

My next course of action will be to get some poison ivy strength Round-up. wrap up my arms and hands in plastic bags and go after the stuff. It is one of the few times you'll catch me using an herbicide. P.I. doea not play fair.

We have also had frost warnings here. The only thing I have been worried about is the Tree Peony that my parents have at their house. We've been draping it in an ancient (and ghastly) yellow checked bed sheet at night.

To think Richard Armitage was in your neck of the woods. And just what would you have done if you had known, dr. b? :wink:

Okay, enough, already.
Hugs to everyone! (Sans P.I.!)
Hwesta
Hwesta
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:29 am

Hwesta good luck getting rid of that nasty PI! I know you will get it but I hate the stuff and it is so hard to get rid of and even worse to get into as you well know. :hug: Poor dear I hope you are feeling better.

Yes Dr.B what would you have done if you had known that Richard was in your neck of the woods? Inquiring minds wish to know. ;) No he did not follow you home and no you can not keep him, we all want to share the view and the voice. I love to hear his voice when he speaks. Can we keep him in the basement and have him read to us nightly? Slumber party at Dr. B's!!!!! :twisted:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Daefaroth » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:31 am

204 posts past the time for a new thread.

Time to put a candle in a new window.

*click*
- - - - - Welcome to TORC - - - - -

- There are helpful Announcements at the top of most forums. Please read them.
- Need more help? Check the Adoption Forum.
- Premiere Membership helps support TORC.
Aspire not to rapid, large postcounts, for this only enhances the taste of a spammer,
when roasted with the Breath of Death and served with "Blair’s 16 Million Reserve" sauce.

Enjoy your visits. Remember to mind your manners.

Daefaroth *at* theonering -dot- com -OR- moderators *at* theonering -dot- com
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth