Middle-Aged Crazy Guild Part VI

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Re: Middle-Aged Crazy Guild Part VI

Postby Padger » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:30 am

Howdy, Howdy !!!

Well, while we've been having some very nice weather here ( 60 yesterday ) I looked at the weather map and from Boots eastward it looks like another snow storm. Some of our friends in Minnesota have had enough and are moving. Can't blame them I guess. Hopefully you all won't see to much snow and no power outages. Take care and stay warm.

I'm off to see my sister in Falls City this morning. Tomorrow her and her husband head west to a ranch where they help tend the cattle. It's not for everyone but they love roughing it :|

Well, this is going to have to be a short post as I need to get going. Best wishes to all of you.

*hugs*
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby Gilestel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:30 am

HELLO TO ALL,

VANA I GAVE HOME DEPOT ONE YEAR OF MY LIFE WORKING EVERY SAT AND SUNDAY ON TOP OF MY 40 HOUR WEEK JOB WITH THE HEALTH DEPT. I PUT A STOP TO THAT AS SOON AS I COULD NOW ONLY AVAILABLE CERTAIN WEEK NIGHTS AND SUNDAY IS MY OFF OFF DAY , FORTUNATELY I DONT HAVE TO WORK THERE BUT THE EXTRA MONEY SURE HELPS
GOOD LUCK AND YES THATS IS THEIR LOSS :hug:

DOC BOOTS YES YES FALL VACATION
MY NIECE IS GETTING MARRIED SEPT 27 AND I PROMISED MY GREAT NIECE I WOULD COME BACK TO FLORIDA FOR HALLOWEEN
A LONG WEEKEND DURING BERRY SEASON ; LOOKING FORWARD TO IT, EVEN IF WE STAY IN THE GENERAL AREA IM SURE THERE IS LOTS TO DO , SO BETWEEN THE END OF SEPT AND BEFORE HALLOWEEN LETS PLAN ON THAT TIME
T.A.B.A. AWESOME IM GOING FOR 3 TIMES THIS YEAR WITH YOU :clap: :clap:

HWESTA COMIC CON WILL BE HELD AT THE CONVENTION CENTER AND YES IF I END UP GOING I WILL STOP BY AND FINALLY MEET MISS ROSIE CAT

LOVE TO ALL :grouphug:
GIL
Gilestel
Shield Bearer

Postby Morwenna » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:22 am

Vana, sorry to hear about the job. I suppose most places' policy is to hire part-timers for the weekends to fill in from the weekday full-timers. But in this economy they need to get a clue! Even back in the '60s and '70s my mother found that the A&P, where she worked for the last decade of her working life (and had worked early in her marriage), didn't want to hire full-timers because of the benefits. So they hired her for as long a shift as they could without benefits: 31 hours. Stores weren't open on Sundays then so she always had Sunday off, but she had to work Saturdays so she had Thursdays off, and weekdays were relatively short. She only worked 40-hour weeks when she was filling in for someone's vacation.

Yes, we had fun at the con! Didn't earn very much, but we did earn something. Got some free books (why??) and some more free bread.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby siddharth » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:56 am

It's just a flybye. I hope you all are doing well.
I am sorry to hear that Vana. But your are one of the strongest women I know, so I don't worry at all. I know you won't give up. :hug:

Meanwhile, here it is:

Thanks to Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, we can now bring you all the official information about when you will be able to take home The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. These are the release dates worldwide:

UK - APRIL 7

USA - APRIL 8

SPAIN - APRIL 8

MEXICO - APRIL 8

CANADA - APRIL 8

ITALY - APRIL 9

GERMANY - APRIL 11

FRANCE - APRIL 16

NETHERLANDSÂ APRIL 16

BELGIUM - APRIL 16

AUSTRALIA - APRIL 16

BRAZIL - APRIL 17

As ever, there are various options to choose from in your quest to own the Precious. Here's what the WB press release tells us will be available in the US:
"The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will be available on Limited Collector's Edition Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack for $105.43, Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack for $44.95, on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99 and on 2-disc DVD Special Edition for $28.98. The Limited Collector's Edition Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack includes two Gates of Erebor replica bookends from the Noble Collection and features the theatrical version of the film in 3D hi-definition, hi-definition and standard definition; only 25,000 will be available in the U.S. The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack features the theatrical version of the film in 3D hi-definition, hi-definition and standard definition; the Blu-ray Combo Pack features the theatrical version of the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray; and the DVD features the theatrical version in standard definition. All versions include a digital version of the movie on Digital HD with UltraViolet.* Fans can also own The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug in Digital HD on April 8th via purchase from digital retailers."

And what exactly will be on these DVDs and Blu-rays? Read on - more from the press release:

"BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Limited Collector's Edition Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and 2-Disc Standard Definition DVD Special Edition contain the following special features:

•Peter Jackson Invites You to the Set: In the Company of the Hobbit and Peter Jackson Invites You to the Set: All in a Day's Work. Experience the film's challenges and demands, and journey alongside the director into Mirkwood, Lake-town and Dale as the movie's most intense, pivotal scenes are created

•Production Videos: Watch production come to life as Peter Jackson gives you an inside look at the making of the film

•New Zealand: Home of Middle-earth, Part 2: Travel with Peter Jackson and his team across the stunning locations of New Zealand transformed by the filmmakers into Middle-earth

•"I See Fire" Music Video: Ed Sheeran's beautiful theme song from the film is illuminated with this intimate music video

DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will be available for streaming and download to watch anywhere in high definition and standard definition on their favorite devices from select digital retailers including Amazon, CinemaNow, Flixster, iTunes, PlayStation, Target Ticket, Vudu, Xbox and others. Starting April 8th, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will also be available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles."

As soon as we have further information about what packages and formats will be available worldwide, we'll bring you those details. Meanwhile, here's a basic summary of what will be on sale in the US:

Limited Collector's Edition Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack $105.43

Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack $44.95

Blu-ray Combo Pack $35.99

2-disc DVD Amaray (WS) $28.98

Off I go! Bye! :grouphug:
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby dr_boots » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:48 am

Hello everyone!

Its actually melting here :Q . We had about 8 more inches of snow overnight Monday night but Tuesday the weather turned and it was sunny and in the upper 30's. So now we have lots of slush and soft snow. I got stuck in my driveway Tuesday :x Luckily my neighbor and her son were home and could help push and dig me out. Everything refroze last night and it was solid ice in many spots. We are supposed to have thunderstorms Thursday which will get rid of a lot of snow but then temperatures are back into the teens so even more ice.

Sidd, thanks for the info. I'm waiting to hear from Amazon when I can preorder. I know I willstill end up getting the EE version, which I am looking forward to but need something to tide me over until then. I am so pathetic :roll:. I would have seen it more at the theater but the weather here this year has been so bad, I just couldn't risk it.

Gil, there is plenty to see and do around here in the fall. When Nun, Hero and Hwesta were here last year, we went out to Warren Dunes, Grand Mere and Warren Woods. We also got to walk out all the way to the end of the pier in St. Joseph to the lighthouse. Were you planning mid October or Mid September.

Vana, any possibility you could work from home like Nim? I know that a lot of the work at home things that are advertised are scams but there are some legitimate ones. Is there anything that you could make to sell, say at a SCA event? Just trying to think of something that might keep you from having to deal with "minions" like the one at Home Depot. You are a strong, smart and talented lady and I know you can weather any storm.

Morwenna, glad you enjoyed the comi-con. Did you get to meet anyone there?

MOOTers we need to start thinking of the June/July MOOT and come up with some possible dates. Nim, I hope Susie can come. I know she always enjoys herself here. Hope things are going well for her.

You all take care......

Dr. B
Chaser after loose Greyhounds
Slave to all cats
Proud citizen of MACadamia

"No, my neighbors, never think
that path is a short one; you must
have a lion's heart to go by that way, it
is not short and its seas are deep,
you will walk it long in wonder, sometimes
smiling, sometimes weeping."

-Attar, "Parliament of the Birds"
dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Hwesta » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:47 pm

Hello everyone! I have some good news. My CAT scan came back clean! :clap: Such a relief! I hope I get similar good news from my colonoscopy next week.
:grouphug:
Hwesta
Hwesta
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Wow, Hwesta

That is stupendous news :happydance: :love: :horse: . I just know everything will turn out fine with the colonoscopy as well.

Thought of you the other day. Had a really gigantic icicle hanging of the corner of the porch and remembered how much fun you had knocking them down. Carol was going to take a picture for me to send to you. The icicles are just about gone now. The rain and the warmer temperatures have worn them down to nubbins. Still a lot of snow though.

Here's a :hug:

ElRhondA
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Padger » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:37 am

Great news Hwesta !! I'm so happy for you :) :hug:
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:41 pm

Fabulous news Hwesta hon!!! :yippie: :clap:

I am still looking for work so I am not fretting over their refusal to consider anything other then what they feel they need to ask of me. No one hires full time anymore and no one wants to give benefits so 29 hours is what they offer as a max. I know what I am worth and know that I will find something that will meet my needs. Thank you for your concern. I do think working from home could be great fun. I might have to look into that.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby NimrodelSong » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Howdy everyone! :hihi: :grouphug:

dr_b, I wanted to let you know that Susie is planning on the Moot this year. :) I believe that the weekend of June 13-16 is going to work out the best for her and I. I sure am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hwesta! I cannot tell you how happy I am at your news! That's wonderful! I'm sure you must be so relieved. :hug:

Vana, I am so sorry about your job situation hon. You must be awfully :hair:

Show of hands - who all is ready for Spring? I sure am!!! :clap: :rose: We are having some cold weather again now but I know that sooner or later things are gonna change. Our daffodil shoots are coming up, though :D

Hugs to all.

Love,
~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby Hwesta » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:51 am

I am! I'm definitely ready for spring! :horse: There is talk of more snow possible on Friday and very cold temperatures in between. At least the sun is out!

Um, I have to plead for a different time for the Moot. Father's Day is that weekend and I really need to be home for that. Nim - is there any other weekend that would work out for you and Susie???

Here is a funny for you all. I sat down yesterday in the chair by my phone - and kept on going! I landed on the floor amidst the various pieces of chair. It may be fixable, but it is a vintage piece, if not out and out antique. Poor thing.

My Lenten Roses have started to bloom. Very early but I am glad to see them. (Either that or they are very late Christmas Roses).

I guess this is all for now.
:grouphug:
Hwesta
Hwesta
Shield Bearer

Postby siddharth » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:48 am

Hwesta, my friend. I am very very glad to hear the news. Stay well and take care. :hug:

Hi all. I am going off TORC and the net for some months now. I am planning to give 5-6 crucial exams in the next couple of months, and they will be a make-or-break for my career. I am not sure when I will be back. So with everyone's wishes and blessings I take my temporary leave. Will miss you. Take care.
I love you all. :grouphug:

:hihi:
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Padger » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:02 am

Take care and best wishes for a successful exam session Sid. I have every confidence that you will nail it my friend. We're going to miss you so hurry back.
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:21 am

Hi everyone

Just a really quick drop by and I will be back later

Just wanted to let you know that DOS is up for several awards on Empire Magazine that fans can vote for :D .

Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Aidan Turner, Evangeline Lily, Peter Jackson and of course Best Picture in Scifi/Fantasy category.

You can vote for our guys as many times as you want. Just go to this website and vote!

http://www.empireonline.com/awards2014/

ElRhondA
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Hwesta » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Okay, I voted!

Sidd Best of luck with all your exams!

In other news I am very happy to report that my colonoscopy came back clean!!! :clap: :happydance:

Hwesta
Hwesta
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Back Again

Hwesta what great news. YAY!!!! Even though you are always pretty sure everything will be OK, its always good to have it confirmed.

Good luck Sidd on your exams. I know the feeling of trying to retain everything. When I was going for my reactor operators license, I studied and memorized so much stuff, I felt that if tilted my head the least little bit to the side all that 'stuff' it would fall out through my ears. We had a 4 hour oral exam as well as a 6 hour written. They were on separate days. I hated the oral exam. I think I went through the whole thing with that "deer in the headlights" look.

We had a terrible winter storm (is this ever going to end) over night and off and on all day. Fierce winds, snow and bitter cold temperatures. Driving to work (my beautiful Vlad started like a charm) I had to drive through several white out conditions. It was horrible. You can see absolutely nothing and then your eyes start playing tricks and you start seeing movement or shapes in the swirling snow. I know it comes from staring into that blinding white for so long. I was afraid to pull over as someone could well have plowed right into me. I was so glad to get to work, I could have kissed the ground except it is all snow and ice covered and my lips would probably have frozen to it and then my poor body wouldn't have been found until spring. :P

As for the MOOT, any time is ok for me. If there is some scheduling difficulties for you, we can always overlap if necessary with some coming earlier and some staying over longer. I just hope we don't have another chilly stormy no power one like the last one. And we definitely have to get some bubble wrap for Hero. I can't talk though.....when it comes to falling or tripping I am the reigning queen of gravity checks :roll: :wink: .

Well I got my order in for DOS through Amazon and it should be here April 8.

We are having a movie night in March with a Ghost Busters marathon to mourn the passing of Harold Ramis. RIP Egon. :(

Keep getting the spring gardening catalogs in the mail. Talk about rubbing salt in an open wound :x

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Good Luck Sid!! You are very smart to know that you need to focus on these exams in order to give it your all. We will miss you but continue to pray for your success!

More great news Hwesta!!! :yippie: I am so glad to hear this too!

Oh I am so jealous that you are all planning another moot. I so wish I could come back and see you all. I will be with you in spirit that is for sure!!

Oh and I have been called for a second interview at Home Depot. They aren't calling it a second interview so I am hoping this is not in error but I am going Sunday with a positive attitude and hoping that all the prayers from those who know and love me will get me farther and maybe even a part time job there. I promise to let you know what happens! :thumbsup:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby NimrodelSong » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi all. :grouphug:

Hwesta my dear, I will need to get with Susie, but I think we can finagle our way around that situation, and come a few days later. :) So no worries.
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:57 pm

Had my interview and now we wait to see if by some small miracle they will remember my name and my enthusiasm to work for them. **fingers crossed and prayers appreciated**
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Gilestel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:59 am

HELLO TO ALL,

VANA I BET YOUR IN , USUALLY WITH H.D. A SECOND MEANS YOU GOT IT :clap:

SIDD GOOD LUCK; OH HOW I HATED EXAM TIME :)

HEY RHONDA GUESS WHAT???? IM SICK OF SNOW :hair:
PSYCH:::NOT REALLY

HWESTA GREAT NEWS :clap:

LOVE TO ALL :grouphug: GIL
Gilestel
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Hi all!

Gil last week Grand Rapids had over 107 inches of snow and more has fallen since. They have your picture on a wanted poster up there. Something about snowmageddon and who caused it.

Vana, keeping my fingers crossed. Did they give any indication on how long it might be before they notified you one way or the other? Sure wish you and Guru could join us for the MOOT or even visit on you own at a convenient time. I know it will be difficult until you have established yourself in a new job. Did you get that e-mail I sent you about the job finder through AARP? You don't have to be a member or over 50 to use it. My cousin is neither, though she is getting close.

Its supposed to scream up to near 30 degrees Friday :Q . Getting out the shorts and flip flops. I will be so glad to just walk out of the house and get into the car without piling on layer of coats, sweaters, gloves and scarfs and then spending another 15 minutes cleaning the snow off the car.

But the days are getting longer. YAY!!!!

Dima, are you hanging about out there???? Has your drought abated any???

Morwenna????

Signing off now

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:15 am

Rhonda yes I got that email. I have not done anything with it as of yet. But it is great to have the information. Thanks hon!! :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby dr_boots » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:49 am

Vana,

Love you new pic. What is it with cats and computers? Mojo won't leave me alone....either knocking stuff off, rubbing against the monitor and chasing the cursor or trying to lay on the keyboard. And if I am using my laptop while watching TV, Antonio decides it is the perfect place to sit. :roll:

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:31 am

Not sure what their thing is but that is what attracted me to this sig pic. China is forever wanting me to love on here while I am on the computer. I love it actually!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby dr_boots » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:25 pm

Supposed to be warm (relatively speaking) the next few days. Hope we can get rid of some of this snow. Now we are dealing with the State Geological Feature....the pernicious pot hole. Holy Catastrophe :Q ...its like navigating a mine field just to drive to work. I think I am going to have to have my tires and suspension system worked on as soon as the weather breaks.

Vana, speaking of kitties and computers, I came across this little youtube thing. It fits my cat Mojo to a T. I think it was modeled after him. :nono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWIPZvwcnX8

Getting late here so I guess I had better head for bed. Just been listening to the train going through town. Love the sound of the whistle. Makes me think of MM. She loved the sound too.

Good night one and all

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Padger » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:13 am

Howdy fellow MACers !!

Recently, on facebook, a friend posted ......... " Ok, who ever pissed off mother nature please apologize " Well, apparently the apology has been accepted ( at least for the time being ) here in our neck of the woods because this coming week the temperatures are supposed to be much warmer with a high Monday in the 70's :happydance: I might just get the boat out of storage, clean it up and test run the engine. You can never prepare to early for the upcoming fishing season :)

A sure sign that spring is not far off are the posts of the coming MOOT. It's always fun to read your posts. One can almost feel the excitement and anticipation.

There is a major issue being debated in our area ...... the Keystone XL pipeline. It will carry tar sand oil from Canada south to Texas. The concerns for us here in Nebraska is that it's proposed route is directly over the enormous Ogallala aquifer plus the fact that the majority of the ranchers simply don't want it running across their property. A leak would be disastrous. Apparently the president gets to make the call and we are all anxiously awaiting his decision. If the proposal is approved the ranchers promise to take up arms if necessary to protect their generations old properties. Water is such a precious commodity that we sometimes take for granted yet it appears that there are some who have their priorities out of order. Wake up folks, we can't drink oil !! The news has also been showing some frightening video of the affect that the drought in California is having on it's water reserves which is becoming a concern for the owners of those beautiful vineyards and more importantly the humanity in the area. I sense a water war in the not so far off future if certain conditions don't change there. * Steps down off my soap box *

We are in the process of clearing out mom's house to prepare it for sale. In the process it's amazing, sometimes humorous and a bit nostalgic coming across the items that mom and dad treasured and packed away. My brother, sister and I are sharing some good times just reminiscing at the old homestead.

Thank you for the recent short but enjoyable chat on facebook Vana. It's always such a pleasure to visit with you.

Your facebook posts and emails are so interesting and enjoyable Boots. Thank you so much for sharing.

Until we meet here again, take good care my friends

*hugs*
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi everyone

Nice and sunny today. Slowly but surely the snow is receding. I would rather have it this way with it melting a little each day rather than a big melt with all the flooding. Still haven't seen any patches of ground except in the driveway. I can tell how much the snow as receded by the tops of all the solar lights starting to peak out. The ones that are starting to show seem to still be working. My big dread is when it melts enough that I will have to remove fishyssoise from the pond :roll: . Then we will have to have our Viking funeral for him.

Padger, I have seen many posts about the Keystone pipeline and have signed the petition here. We are also having one where they are wanting to drill off shore in lake Michigan. We all know how well the track record is for preventing oil spills don't we. They will most likely go ahead with both projects as there is a lot of money behind them and it is the golden rule. Them that has the gold makes the rules. It is wonderful to see that you and your siblings are able to have such fond memories and can remember your mom when she was in good health. I still come across things that Mom held dear or little notes she squirreled away. It is bittersweet sometimes but in the end I am glad to find them.

As for facebook, I am seriously considering curtailing my time over there :( . I find myself spending too much time on it. I originally enjoyed it .....reading about what my friends were doing, seeing the sometimes hilarious posts (loved the humor :D ) and some of the pictures posted were spectacular. Now it seems like there are more and more hateful and angry political reposts there, many of which I find very hurtful :( even though I know my friends do not mean it for me personally....in fact I doubt they even think about how it may seem to their friends who are of a different political or cultural perspective from their own. I will still check in for the latest from Middle Earth or Hobbit pictures, or Steampunk or even Horrific Finds but that is about it I am afraid. I would much rather post here and read about my friends here without all the chaff. So don't be surprised if you see little of me over there.

Wow! Didn't mean to get so down. I will probably still comment with friends off and on about Tolkien subjects or pass on humorous things I come across.

Vana, any word yet from Home Depot??? I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Sweetie.

Has anyone heard from Nun or Hero about the MOOT???? Hopefully the snow will all be gone by late June. :wink: :wink:

Love and hugs

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:36 pm

No word yet from Home Depot!

But we just found out we are flying to Florida the end of this month for Ryan's grams 90 birthday. His cousin bought our tickets and is taking care of our accommodations too while we are there. I am excited because I have never been to Florida but am looking forward to seeing his grandma again. I met her in 2006 in North Carolina the same trip that I first made it to The Last Homely House in Michigan. Wish we could swing through Michigan again too. Not going to happen but it would sure be fun.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby dr_boots » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Oh, Vana that sounds wonderful. Thank goodness her birthday is this time of year and not in the middle of summer. I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Where in Florida does she live? Sure wish you could have swung by here. Spring might have been lifting its weary head by then. Love spring. Can't wait to see all the new growth and hear the birds, throw open the windows and sit on the porch.....in my coat....and mittens....and scarf....with my little fire pit going.

Hope you have a truly wonderful time.

All my love
Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby dr_boots » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:06 am

Mae Govannen

Vana, Had to comment. Saw your new sig pic and just burst out laughing. :rofl:
Jill thinks I ought to show it to Enzo (Prozac Kitty). :wink: :D

Hope everyone is doing well. We are girding up for another winter storm. Its called Vulcan so naturally there are any number of Spock comments going around. Just when I was seeing signs of bare ground and the walks and driveway were clear and dry, I am rudely reminded of where I live and the time of year.

I really need to get my exhaust system, suspension system worked on as well as the brakes checked and tires. But I think I will wait until I am able to drive down a road here without playing dodgem with major potholes. The big one (developing sinkhole perhaps) in front of the house was full of water yesterday and disguised as a mere puddle. I cringed when I saw people hitting it, and heard their cars bottoming out. Driving is an adventure now. :D

I am really looking forward to the MOOT this year. Seeing everyone. Hopefully there won't be any emergencies like last time and the lights will stay on. I am thinking of trying that pulled pork recipe that I had at one of our movie nights. It was simply delicious and melted in your mouth. Easy to make too. We can put it in the crockpot and go about sightseeing or just relaxing. It cooks for 6 hours. I have the AUJ extended version. I would love to watch the appendices with my fellow MOOTers.

Has anyone heard from Borin or Jessie lately. I sure missed the salty taters last MOOT. I know Borin's health hasn't been the best.

Nim, I am so happy that you and Susie will be coming. I enjoy so much when we coffee drinkers are up first thing in the morning, sipping that first cup of coffee and enjoying the early sunshine and birdsong. I hope it is warm enough for you to have your flet. I need to get out there and get things cleaned up before you get here. I've barely been out there since winter settled in. I look at it through the kitchen window sometimes and its like summer is captured out there.

Nunke, Something has been trying to get into the wren house you made me. I haven't been able to catch what it is. I will just see the shadow of wings flutter and the gourd swaying. It might be sparrows trying to get in. They are really trying to nest right now. If it is sparrows, I think I will move the gourd to a lower location or out somewhere on the Treebeard Tree where we can see it from the porch.

Time to say goodbye for now. You all take care.

Love & Hugs
ElRhondA
Slave to all cats